Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? (935 Views)

10 Countries That No Longer Exist In The World / SHOCKING DNA TEST RESULTS ENCOURAGED BY COVID19 LOCK-DOWN / Home Training: Does It Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2021
We've heard notable individuals of the society loose their lives to Covid,I have loved ones who are bed ridden because of Covid.She has breathing difficulty and I can't even move near her at the same time I can't call her to check up on her because her doctor said she's really weak frail and can't talk.all we are left with is to pray for her from home but I realised that despite the noise on media blaring everyday about Covid,Nigerians don't just give a damn.people still cramp up themselves in commercial vehicles, people still attend social functions , malls, Supermarkets,cinema halls,banks,religious gatherings and conferences as if they didn't hear or pretend it doesn't exist

Do you think it's a scam or it's real.lets hear your thoughts
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Pious101: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2021
SAMBARRY:
We've heard notable individuals of the society loose their lives to Covid,I have loved ones who are bed ridden because of Covid.She has breathing difficulty and I can't even move near her at the same time I can't call her to check up on her because her doctor said she's really weak frail and can't talk.all we are left with is to pray for her from home but I realised that despite the noise on media blaring everyday about Covid,Nigerians don't just give a damn.people still cramp up themselves in commercial vehicles, people still attend social functions , religious gatherings and conferences as if they didn't hear or pretend it doesn't exist

Do you think it's a scam or it's real.lets hear your thoughts
it does exist in Nigeria but over exaggerated. Yesterday I watch a documentary by TVC on it when they showed several persons at the infectious center in Lagos battling for their lives . It was quite frightening.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 7:31am On Jan 11, 2021
Pious101:
it does exist in Nigeria but over exaggerated. Yesterday I watch a documentary by TVC on it when they showed several persons at the infectious center in Lagos battling for their lives . It was quite frightening.
but the government seems to be paying lip service about it.nothing pragmatic or Serious has been done to curb the Covid menace other than arresting people who break the Covid instructions and still cramp them up in the police station.thats not a serious way of curbing Covid plus there's a major distrust between the people and government even though the government has given people justifiable reasons over the years not to trust them,we just don't know whether these guys are truthful or not
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Pious101: 8:23am On Jan 11, 2021
SAMBARRY:
but the government seems to be paying lip service about it.nothing pragmatic or Serious has been done to curb the Covid menace other than arresting people who break the Covid instructions and still cramp them up in the police station.thats not a serious way of curbing Covid plus there's a major distrust between the people and government even though the government has given people justifiable reasons over the years not to trust them,we just don't know whether these guys are truthful or not
it's absolutely true the government has not given us any reason to trust them. But we as a people can not just ignore the happenings around the world and feel we are immune to the pandemic. We have a role to play in staying safe in order not to be caught up with the virus. Like u said, someone close to u is battling for her life. If not for d fact that someone close has been infected am sure u would also have doubt about the existence of d virus and that has been the case with so many individuals. Government has failed us but we got to stay safe. But the irony is, how do we go about it when we got to hustle for our daily bread embarassed

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by thorpido(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2021
SAMBARRY:
The government can't do everything!We know the Nigerian government has shown over the years they can't be trusted,nevertheless,this Covid-19 issue is too big for the government to do alone.

The government has built and equipped many isolation centers but those centers are filled up already.A lot of publicity has been made about the virus too.

Are the people playing their own roles too?Are they wearing face masks?Are they washing their hands frequently?Are they social distancing?Are they limiting contacts and minimizing travels and visits?

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2021
thorpido:
The government can't do everything!We know the Nigerian government has shown over the years they can't be trusted,nevertheless,this Covid-19 issue is too big for the government to do alone.

The government has built and equipped many isolation centers but those centers are filled up already.A lot of publicity has been made about the virus too.

Are the people playing their own roles too?Are they wearing face masks?Are they washing their hands frequently?Are they social distancing?Are they limiting contacts and minimizing travels and visits?
but remember when government told us to keep social distance,wash hands frequently and obey all Covid protocols,it was observed that some of the government officials were hosting birthday parties in their house , blatantly defying the Covid instructions and even posting pictures on social media.how in the world will people take them seriously. Ok let's say a few Ñigerian comply,how about the vast majority who are mainly illiterates and just don't give a Fok? How will the Covid be curbed when only a minute number are following instructions,the majority no just send
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by jabolo(m): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2021
Pious101:
documentary by TVC on it when they showed several persons at the infectious center in Lagos battling for their lives . It was quite frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUVn5muaaOY

People need to watch it.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Richy4(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
It's just sad that Nigerian Government were not doing much to Educate people about the Virus.... And people were not even helping themselves.. Since the Covid19 thing becomes a new normal, I can't remember the last time I hug someone.. It has become normal for me to do a sign of hugging which was so sad but we need to survive right?

I am just concern about Nigerian Citizens...Most times they endanger themselves hopping that there's nothing God cannot do.... Yes I believe in the efficacies of prayers but do we ever pause for once and ask questions like why didn't Jesus turned that stone to bread even though he can do it?.. People should try and help themselves....

The Nigerian Government should also think about sustainable measure to make sure that the young people especially Nigerians who were called to serve the compulsory one year won't get infected at the Orientation camp?... there should be strict measures in place to check that places of worship is adhering to all the rules of social distancing..

We all know that Businesses is the bedrock of Every nation.. But People need to be alive first before we can talk about Money... Cinema, beaches and other super spreader events like parties should be prohibited until the vaccine is been administered to citizens..
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Akada2020: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
My own is that i dont know since Nigeria started sharing boundaries with London or the US , anytime their cases starts increasing ours starts too, if they move to lock down we follow dem for back........... Is that not some sort of International SIMPING angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Olive25: 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
I wonder, what can say now that people, who convinced that the coronavirus is no more serious than the flu and should not be feared. Do they continue to adhere to their opinion? Some people are completely indifferent to everything, unless it concerns them personally. They do not want to wear masks because they are uncomfortable, go to parties, do not follow basic safety rules. And when it turns out that they are sick, everyone around is to blame, but not them.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by thorpido(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
SAMBARRY:
but remember when government told us to keep social distance,wash hands frequently and obey all Covid protocols,it was observed that some of the government officials were hosting birthday parties in their house , blatantly defying the Covid instructions and even posting pictures on social media.how in the world will people take them seriously. Ok let's say a few Ñigerian comply,how about the vast majority who are mainly illiterates and just don't give a Fok? How will the Covid be curbed when only a minute number are following instructions,the majority no just send
Well, government has a big share of the blame but the citizens should also take responsibility.
With the way things are now,it's going to be a survival of the fittest.Some will die and some will live.People who have a good immune system and other variables will live if they catch the virus and the ones that can't make it will depart the Earth till the world overcomes it.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Liposure: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nigeria is lucky. It was only yesterday she reached the 100k mark when other countries like south africa have crossed 1m. Yet our citizens behave as if covid is nothing but a money making scheme used to rob masses. Ignorance is truly a disease and i pity those suffering from it. A wise man once said, 'my people perish for lack of knowledge.'

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
thorpido:
Well, government has a big share of the blame but the citizens should also take responsibility.
With the way things are now,it's going to be a survival of the fittest.Some will die and some will live.People who have a good immune system and other variables will live if they catch the virus and the ones that can't make it will depart the Earth till the world overcomes it.
smh.it IS well
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
ýTHERAPY KURE FOR CORONA VIRUS
1) TAK HOT WATER EVERY MORNIN
2)TAK LEMON DAILY
3) TAK VIT C
4) STAY HAPPY AND PRAYERFUL
5) DONT FEAR ANY FIGURE,CORONA WILL RAVAGE ALL LOOTERS AND PHAROAHS,THE VACCINE IS A FLUKE,CORONA WILL FINISH ITS ASSIGNMT B4 IS OVER,CORONA IS FIGHTING FOR COMMON MASSES.

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by 1Sharon(f): 12:51am On Jan 12, 2021
My dad has covid ooo..but he's okay

Covid is real but the government is defo exaggerating it's mortality for fear mongering

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Royalty5(f): 2:00am On Jan 12, 2021
Mehn!!!

This second wave looks like it exist oooo.
But I don't believe the numbers. Those epidemiologists are using our head to calculate statistics.

N/B: 1 gram is now $3. My signature confirms more.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Royalty5(f): 2:05am On Jan 12, 2021
Thank you for thinking what I think. It's very annoying. Copy copy country

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by Royalty5(f): 2:06am On Jan 12, 2021
Akada2020:
My own is that i dont know since Nigeria started sharing boundaries with London or the US , anytime their cases starts increasing ours starts too, if they move to lock down we follow dem for back........... Is that not some sort of International SIMPING angry angry angry angry

Thank you for thinking what I'm thinking. It's very annoying. Copy copy country

1 Like

Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 5:45am On Jan 12, 2021
Richy4:
It's just sad that Nigerian Government were not doing much to Educate people about the Virus.... And people were not even helping themselves.. Since the Covid19 thing becomes a new normal, I can't remember the last time I hug someone.. It has become normal for me to do a sign of hugging which was so sad but we need to survive right?

I am just concern about Nigerian Citizens...Most times they endanger themselves hopping that there's nothing God cannot do.... Yes I believe in the efficacies of prayers but do we ever pause for once and ask questions like why didn't Jesus turned that stone to bread even though he can do it?.. People should try and help themselves....

The Nigerian Government should also think about sustainable measure to make sure that the young people especially Nigerians who were called to serve the compulsory one year won't get infected at the Orientation camp?... there should be strict measures in place to check that places of worship is adhering to all the rules of social distancing..

We all know that Businesses is the bedrock of Every nation.. But People need to be alive first before we can talk about Money... Cinema, beaches and other super spreader events like parties should be prohibited until the vaccine is been administered to citizens..
but where are all the traditional medical practitioners that uses herbs and leaves.isnt it the time they should come out and show their herbal prowess? At least they have association,they should be researching/ working with leaves/herbs to bring a cure for Covid instead we're always waiting on oyinbo for everything as if they are Alpha and Omega and you wonder why they feel they are superior to Africans.

At least this is where the government should leverage on by giving them financial empowerment for Covid research the afrocentric way, the way it works for Africans.at least that's a way of developing that Medical side of our country instead of always buying vaccines at a ridiculously outrageous price lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by SAMBARRY: 5:50am On Jan 12, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ýTHERAPY KURE FOR CORONA VIRUS
1) TAK HOT WATER EVERY MORNIN
2)TAK LEMON DAILY
3) TAK VIT C
4) STAY HAPPY AND PRAYERFUL
5) DONT FEAR ANY FIGURE,CORONA WILL RAVAGE ALL LOOTERS AND PHAROAHS,THE VACCINE IS A FLUKE,CORONA WILL FINISH ITS ASSIGNMT B4 IS OVER,CORONA IS FIGHTING FOR COMMON MASSES.
even the poor and unknown are victims of Covid oooooo.its not only the rich that are consumed by corona.only difference is nobody knows/cares when a poor man dies of Covid but it becomes a breaking News when a rich or famous man dies of Covid o.covid nor know class.it kills both Rich and poor
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by meobizy(f): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nigerians don't just give a damn.people still cramp up themselves in commercial vehicles, people still attend social functions , malls, Supermarkets,cinema halls,banks,religious gatherings and conferences.
It’s survival of the genetically superior here. It’s no different from how we’ve always lived life. The weaklings will die while the strong birth new offspring to continue mankind’s reign as the dominant animal.
Re: Do You Actually Think Covid19 Exist In NIGERIA Or It's A Hoax? by lastmessenger: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
Akada2020:
Don't mind them stupid people. Follow follow is all they know how to do

(1) (Reply)

The Head Of The 'world's Biggest Family' Has Died At Age 76 / Am I Being Selfish & Wicked Here? / If It Wasn't A Thing, Would You Take Your Husband's Name After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.