Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position (33813 Views)

Pastor Taribo West: Trump Will Win The US Election / Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by chinambusay: 3:19am On Mar 17, 2019
Taribo West, a Nigerian football legend who talked about the plight of Nigerian ex-footballers in an interview with Taya Aiyejana of Punch, disclosed that he was told to join a cult to get a political position. 

Taribo West who further disclosed that he was asked to join a cult to get a political position, also debunked claims that sportsmen are excluded from sports administration because they lack the qualification. He said; 

That’s total rubbish; nonsense. How educated are those in FIFA? In Nigeria, is it every politician that went to school? Some can’t even write their names. But it’s only in my country that those in positions use demonic criteria to keep people away. In other countries, if you are competent for the job, they will give it to you. We’ve got lots of ex-footballers who are graduates, lawyers, doctorate degree holders these days. Where are they? Some are doing very well in their various fields. I have been involved in the political system and things like this discouraged me from it. If it means I have to be a cultist to get a position, I’m not ready for that.

I’ll prefer to drink my garri at home and be free with God. At the time I was in politics, a running mate to a governorship aspirant in my state (Rivers), brought me money and told me to join their cult. He told me if I wanted power, they would give me position, and that if I wanted money, I would be given. But he insisted that I must be involved in their cultism activities. So, I disassociated myself from them. From that day, I made up my mind that I will drink my garri, rather than become a cultist. Like I said earlier, I’ve met politicians who can’t speak good English but because they have godfathers and belong to various cults, they’ve been empowered. It’s total rubbish. I’m not afraid to say what needs to be said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/17/i-was-told-to-join-a-cult-to-get-political-position-taribo-west/

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Amuocha: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
APC sef..

Look at the sentence in the last paragraph..

Yul Edochie shocked
Banky W shocked shocked

A whole of these politicians are cultists sad

They must repent and come under the umbrella of Psalm 29 shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by davibid: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2019

It’s normal in Nigeria

#KINGBID

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by IvarTheBoneless: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
grin

One of our best defenders ever.

Ronaldo then wearing "Ronaldinho" dealt with him and Uche Okechukwu during the 1996 Olympics.

Commentator : "There goes the young man of Brazil yet again!"

I watched that match and predicted he would be World Footballer of the Year one day. He won that year!

21 Likes

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Almusty6060(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
political propaganda
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Neymessi: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
politics is a dirty game tho

1 Like

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Airtimex(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
Na waooo
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Olukologia24592(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
Must you loud it? If dey kill you now, your family will start shouting

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Daviddson(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
You did well by rejecting the Trojan horse. Satan has no free gifts to give; he knows you won't value it if there are no prices attached. So he slams you with a demand of 'your daughter' or wife or mum. You thereafter start living in luxury but with very little or no peace of mind.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by edlion57(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2019
C
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Isokoboy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
I smell apc all over this story

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Kendumazy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
Not new. Most of the developmental activities to be done in the state will also need to be approved by the cult. If the cult want it, it will be done, if the cult want the money shared, so be it. If they say, there are some forces controlling this nation. You should understand now. Thanks to the body of christ praying for their fervent prayers for the peace and comfort of this country.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link below.

12 Likes

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Dannygold3790(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
TARIBO NORTH
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by fakuta(f): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
Is like he have interest to join, since he is telling us.
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Manuel69: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
This one his just emphasising on him drinking garri, seems his not even in to develop the nation instead, his more interested in the monetary gain involved

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Offpoint1: 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
We all know 99% of Nigerian politicians belongs to one cult group or the other.

12 Likes

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
I'm not surprised. To become relevant in Nigeria politics, you become an occultic person. How funny it is but this is what is obtainable in Nigeria of today. Even to be a ward Councillor, same thing applies. Forget all their deception of showing up in churches or mosques. They are all the same.

My problem are Christians and Muslims who go on praising these set of people. Its a shame.

I'm sure in heaven, Nigerians are well known as the most hypocritical people on earth. Never shall I belong for any reason. I am a catholic and a catholic I shall die. For no reason should I be involved in idol worshiping.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
All sins are equal my brother. Las las you and most of them condemning politicians, but always fuxk innocent girls

Will still go to hell

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
"At the time I was in politics, a running mate to a governorship
aspirant in my state (Rivers), brought me money and told me
to join their cult. He told me if I wanted power, they would give
me position, and that if I wanted money, I would be given."..

OGA YOU HAVE A LOOSE MOUTH, NOW PEOPLE WILL DIG THIS UP AND SOMEONE WOULD BE EXPOSED. HMMM!! JUST PRAY THEY WON'T COME AFTER YOU.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Emmanuel226(m): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
no mind this stupid country wey no dey recognize their Legends
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by hisexcellency34: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
so you didnt join?
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Mires: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
Taribo, that's 9ja for you

1 Like

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by jojo1415: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2019
APC and cultism r like 5&6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by lonelydora: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Yes, that's what they do. In Politics, In University, In Business, In Corporate organisations, In banks, etc. You must join a form of cult for you to get position.

Some of the occultic groups are even into Gayism, Lesbianism, Bestiality, Rituals, etc.

People should stop admiring any exotic vehicle they see on the road.

It's better all of you give your lives to Christ before it's too late.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by lomprico(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
3 groups that visit juju/occult houses the most

#1. Politicians
#2. Footballers
#3. Pastors

#fact.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by crazygod(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
That's Nigerian politics for u bro
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by condralbedez: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Nobi small thing

2 Likes

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Drink garri! shocked(Taribo wanted to go in because of the money) see as u esiposu yasef cheesy
U see ya life

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Emmanuel226(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
na only for this country wey, True Legends no get say

2 Likes

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
Sorry taribo..o le toribo eleyi o grin
Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by Emmanuel226(m): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
i just tire for this country oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position by enemyofprogress: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Olukologia24592:
Must you loud it? If dey kill you now, your family will start shouting
cultist spotted

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him / Rugby Of Zimbabwe Sleep In The Streets In Tunisia (Photos) / Payne Sisters Delighted To Make History With Super Falcons At WAFCON 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.