Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) (44523 Views)

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / Couple, Driver, Three Others Die As Driver Rams Into Commercial Bus In Delta / Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by creamylicious(f): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2019
hakeem4:
This is why I have been telling government not to fix the road again. Let me see how you will you be sleeping while driving on a road with different sizes potholes.

Nigerians do we really need good roads grin grin
I share this same view..... we always do the opposite when roads are fixed. The fixed roads become a death trap. Terrifying something
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Seyeblessed: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2019
martyns303:

I have slept off in both situations.

I had about 4hrs of sleep in 48hrs cos I was trying to have a meeting with someone, and this influential people usually have their meeting at night (big men don't sleep). Me and my guy slept off on 3rd mainland bridge, we jerked back to the sound of the wheels rubbing against the pavement.

The hustle is real out there, people are trying to survive.

True. There was a time I had this project with very tight deadlines, i slept an average of 3 hours per day for weeks and i was doing the island - mainland trip everyday. I dozed off a couple of times on the wheels
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Kaymaxine(m): 8:32am On Mar 17, 2019
hakeem4:
This is why I have been telling government not to fix the road again. Let me see how you will you be sleeping while driving on a road with different sizes potholes.

No,but a functioning brain would be good
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
i [b]don't understand, how do you sleep while driving..
is just like a guy sleeping in the middle of s.ex
just imagine me banging cee cee and I will now fall asleep..
jokes apart.
the driver should be arrested and giving community labor to serve as a deterrent to others who feel they can move a car around even when their body is against them engaging in an activity that needs maximum concentration and attention [/b]
it happens for real. Most times I just pull by a safe side on the road and either nap or just walk around. Stress is a killer.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by akoaki(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2019
doggedfighter:
If you are stressed why not park and close your eyes for a few minutes. shocked

Park and close eyes on that bridge !
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Olatara(f): 8:59am On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
i don't understand, how do you sleep while driving..
jokes apart.
the driver should be arrested and giving community labor to serve as a deterrent to others who feel they can move a car around even when their body is against them engaging in an activity that needs maximum concentration and attention
Wake up guy, we are Nigeria.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2019
Likely to be Uber/ Taxify driver. Those guys work like jackals to meet their weekly targets. God bless them all and all struggling souls out there.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
jokes apart.
the driver should be arrested and giving community labor to serve as a deterrent to others who feel they can move a car around even when their body is against them engaging in an activity that needs maximum concentration and attention

It's not easy bro, do you know how many times I have left the office at 11:30pm especially at the end of quarter report time and I drive half asleep doing 100-120km/h because I know Abuja roads are good?

Have to get home sleep and wake up the next morning, unfortunately it's the life of a man especially when you are a manager of a region with lots on your portfolio

It's dangerous but sometimes we have to do what we have to do..

There was one day I left the office at 1 an cause my expatriate bosses where around and we were working on reports I can tell you I drove asleep all the way home got home and got a call that we forgot to compile some data took a shower and headed back at 3am

That's a man's life ... Maybe I take these risks because I am not yet married but who wants to live forever right ?
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Ziel20: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2019
hakeem4:

Perhaps he had a very rough and tiring day and maybe didn't sleep well the night before. Stress is real bro.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
jokes apart.
undecided

Shit happens. Sleep deprivation is a bad thing. And the effects insidious too.

Happened to me once while driving alone on the expressway from Enugu to Umuahia. I was on high speed, not in a traffic jam on a bridge. You'll just forget where you are and drift off. Na God save me that period. Had to park and wash my face with pure water before resuming the trip.

Then twice while working as a bank teller. Right in the middle of transactions! And I was standing, on the two occasions they happened, with my hands on the keyboard. As in, one moment I'm typing away, and the next moment, I just paused for like 10 secs. Na shock wey wake me up. Even customer sef confuse.

Sleep deprivation is bad o.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:08am On Mar 17, 2019
LiveByNight:

It's not easy bro, do you know how many times I have left the office at 11:30pm especially at the end of quarter report time and I drive half asleep doing 100-120km/h because I know Abuja roads are good?

Have to get home sleep and wake up the next morning, unfortunately it's the life of a man especially when you are a manager of a region with lots on your portfolio

It's dangerous but sometimes we have to do what we have to do..

There was one day I left the office at 1 an cause my expatriate bosses where around and we were working on reports I can tell you I drove asleep all the way home got home and got a call that we forgot to compile some data took a shower and headed back at 3am

That's a man's life ... Maybe I take these risks because I am not yet married but who wants to live forever right ?

Sorry.

It'll get worse by the time you get married. Believe me.

Just pray you'd have moved up and passed off most of the grunt work to a younger staff by the time you marry.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by TheAlchemist: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2019
Uber should be applauded for having a driver time limit. You can not drive on uber for more than 12 hours. Taxify/bolt and other ehailing companies should have driving time limits fortheir drivers. The hustle is real but safety should always come first.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by OgahBohz: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2019
Reference:
This is not national news. There are thousands of miles of roads in Nigeria, millions of automobiles on these roads and hundreds of accidents everyday. Are we watching Sky News where I should be bothered about a cat trapped in a tree in rural Nottinghamshire.... angry

too much sense is your problem.!

take alcohol once awhile to calm down...
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2019
omonla10:
Uber/Taxify drivers surely. When they've overworked themselves.. May God give us jobs wey go guarantee peace of mind o.

The color is rainbowish.. cheesy
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Stay alert, stay safe
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by doggedfighter(f): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2019
akoaki:

Park and close eyes on that bridge !
He was already stressed before taking off. Don't
you think so? Good morning !
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by arrestdarrester: 11:40am On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
jokes apart.

May it not happen to you before you believe it can happen
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Toks2008(m): 11:45am On Mar 17, 2019
I once slept off while driving on third mainland bridge.

The strange thing us that in most cases when a driver's sleeps off, his eyes can still be wide open but the brain is locked in slumber.
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by rotile247(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=NEIGHBOUR post=76728951]

Likely to be Uber/ Taxify driver. Those guys work like jackals to meet their weekly targets. God bless them all and all struggling souls out there.[/qugote]

Not necessarily Uber/taxify drivers, corporate individuals working in the office/bankers on island often sleep while driving on 3rd mainland bridge at night or early in the morning as experienced and seen during my 7 years of plying that road daily while working on the island. Mostly due to stress, traffic etc
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by akinsmyk(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
coolestchris:
jokes apart.

You will never understand, I know where that person is coming from. It's not like he wants to. It's the economy and situation of Nigeria. If you need more explanation, I will. There is a 90% possibility that the person is an uber/taxify driver.

1 Like

Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Cincima(m): 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
Na uber driver he go be, they hardly sleep ,
Just to make that weekly 30k delivery for the car owner or to complete their HP( hire purchase).its not easy men
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
Miniano:
All this Corolla sports drivers sef dem go day follow road drag mtchew

Can one get that car for 1m?
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Miniano: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Can one get that car for 1m?

Why not
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by abidemidare: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
It has Happened to me before, I was very tired. Only God that saved me
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 18, 2019
Miniano:

Why not

But something must be wrong with the car, cos pple sell car cheap when one issue occurs
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Miniano: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

But something must be wrong with the car, cos pple sell car cheap when one issue occurs
I still have someone that sold his own 950k he needed cash
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
Miniano:
I still have someone that sold his own 950k he needed cash

Wow.. if U see such please buzz me

07034515405.. WhatsApp also

1 Like

Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
07034515495 I mean
Re: Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge As Driver Sleeps Off (VIDEO) by drmikeadams(m): 12:31am On Mar 19, 2019
grin severally I have seen people doze off in traffic both men n women...na horn dey wake em up..not easy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Use Boat At Flooded Adesanya Estate, Lekki, Lagos (Video) / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / New Pedestrian Bridge Along The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.