Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? (5452 Views)

Atheists Can Be Moral (concept Of Moral Mandala) / 3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
So, this is a hypothetical question and it deals with a hypothetical moral dilema.

We all know what a clone is, so supposing we explore a hypothetical scenario for this.

Imagine we are able to clone humans, these clones of course would be photocopies of the original human.

So, imagine that we have a clone for each individual or even as many as any individual can afford, and when this individual needs an organ like Liver, heart, lungs, kidney, transplant, these organs are harvested from yoir clone for your use.

So, in other words, these clones are just like bean pods for human organ requirements.

Do you think such practise can be referred to as moral?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
For me personally, i think the most important question to this is; Are human clones humans?

4 Likes

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by MrRichmond: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
Imagine if doctors asked if it was moral to cut open a human being and perform an operation?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by ABCthings: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
Personally I don't think cloning can be possible but even if some gametes are reared to form special breeds of humans for organ harvesting, it would still not be moral.
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by rottennaija(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
Is it moral to allow Someone to die when you have the skills and power to keep them alive? On the other hand, we can also ask, why not simply transfer the consciousness from the first to the clone so he continues living to say 200 years?

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by CreepyBlackpool: 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
I see no problem of morality here.

In fact the only problem I see here is what if the clone decides to kill the original to take his place?
or what if the clones try to take over the world? and we have a clone warshocked

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by tartar9(m): 12:04am On Mar 19, 2019
Are babies humans

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by HardMirror(m): 12:13am On Mar 19, 2019
Good topic. I have nothing much to contribute as i dont believe in interests above morals. The clones have no defendable interests and nothing at stake except for our emotional sentiments

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2019
MrRichmond:
Imagine if doctors asked if it was moral to cut open a human being and perform an operation?
I do not understand this.
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 12:22am On Mar 19, 2019
ABCthings:
Personally I don't think cloning can be possible but even if some gametes are reared to form special breeds of humans for organ harvesting, it would still not be moral.
It is hypothetical, so whether it is possible or not is inconsequential.

So, why do you think it would be immoral?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Mar 19, 2019
rottennaija:
Is it moral to allow Someone to die when you have the skills and power to keep them alive? On the other hand, we can also ask, why not simply transfer the knowledge, experience from the first to the clone so he continues living to say 200 years?
When you say transfer, you mean a transfer of consciousness?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Mar 19, 2019
tartar9:
Are babies humans
Yes. So?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2019
HardMirror:
Good topic. I have nothing much to contribute as i dont believe in interests above morals. The clones have no defendable interests and nothing at stake except for our emotional sentiments
Therefore since they are our creations, we hardly owe them any moral obligation innit?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by tartar9(m): 12:54am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
Yes. So?
Will it be okay to start producing babies just for the sake of organ harvesting or similar reason?
Babies,somewhat,are also our creation.
Be they clones or whatever,they still are humans,with the capabilities of thinking,feeling or whatever characterizes a human.How they were created or came about doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by HardMirror(m): 4:40am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
Therefore since they are our creations, we hardly owe them any moral obligation innit?
yes except we want to give it to them. And if majority are against it, then we avoid it all together. The powerful side always makes the choices for the weaker. There is no need being politically correct on this

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by MuttleyLaff: 5:00am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
Of course you owe them moral obligation(s) gaffer. These "creations" are not originally yours and neither anyone else from the beginning to start with, you thieving the b-word and your hypocrite hypothetical question. Why not start from scratch huh? If you are that highly intelligent bad arse clever why not find and use your own original ingredients to make human beings with instead of tinkering with, snooping and poking into ready made human beings done by Somebody else huh?

Back on to the thread question. If man can restrain himself, be ethical, responsible and scrupulous, there isn't anything wrong then, with and/or him cloning humans for organ harvesting. This incidentally will just be a far fetched prophecy being fulfilled. Just because the Chinese have successfully cloned monkeys, doesnt mean we human beings, are next.

johnydon22:
For me personally, i think the most important question to this is; Are human clones humans?
The Chinese cloned monkeys are monkeys as far as monkeys are known aren't they? But again, back to your question about whether human clones are human, well simple and objectively clear answer, is capital NO they arent and thats because of an obvious reason

1 Like

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by budaatum: 5:25am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
That, precisely, is the question. Are "photocopies of the original human", human? Does it breath, poo, have a mind and can tell its creator to fuq off when it wants as I its original can, or is it my creation, as in one that I have "full inalienable right over", "to do with however it pleases me"?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by rottennaija(m): 6:02am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
When you say transfer, you mean a transfer of consciousness?
yes, that what I had in mind
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Mar 19, 2019
science will only go as far as building parts without any consciousness. As long as it was never alive it's just parts.
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by Geofavor(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2019
The thought of having a clone of me makes my stomach rumble. I can't imagine staring at another me. Resident evil comes to mind. My clones would think they are me. They would have my emotions and everything. They wouldn't want to be harvested like a tree bearing fruits -- the same way I wouldn't want it done to me. They will be me.

The immorality is the last thing to even worry about, because this will be chaotic.
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2019
rottennaija:
yes, that what I had in mind

Is this based on the assumption that the clone was conscious or not conscious prior?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2019
tartar9:

Will it be okay to start producing babies just for the sake of organ harvesting or similar reason?
Babies,somewhat,are also our creation.
Be they clones or whatever,they still are humans,with the capabilities of thinking,feeling or whatever characterizes a human.How they were created or came about doesn't matter.
Ok, fair enough.

What if they have no thinking capabilities, just dummy copy of us.

(E.g; A clone of you will look exact my like you, no difference, only wouldn't possess your mind)
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2019
HardMirror:
yes except we want to give it to them. And if majority are against it, then we avoid it all together. The powerful side always makes the choices for the weaker. There is no need being politically correct on this
Don't you think the conceptualization of law and morality as in the world today panders on the weak and less so on the powerful?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:26am On Mar 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Of course you oweu them moral obligation(s) gaffer. These "creations" are not originally yours and neither anyone else from the beginning to start with, you thieving the b-word and your hypocrite hypothetical question. Why not start from scratch huh? If you are that highly intelligent bad arse clever why not find and use your own original ingredients to make human beings with instead of tinkering with, snooping and poking into ready made human beings done by Somebody else huh?

Back on to the thread question. If man can restrain himself, be ethical, responsible and scrupulous, there isn't anything wrong then, with and/or him cloning humans for organ harvesting. This incidentally will just be a far fetched prophecy being fulfilled. Just because the Chinese have successfully cloned monkeys, doesnt mean we human beings, are next.

The Chinese cloned monkeys are monkeys as far as monkeys are known aren't they? But again, back to your question about whether human clones are human, well simple and objectively clear answer, is capital NO they arent and thats because of an obvious reason

K
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:
So, this is a hypothetical question and it deals with a hypothetical moral dilema.

We all know what a clone is, so supposing we explore a hypothetical scenario for this.

Imagine we are able to clone humans, these clones of course would be photocopies of the original human.

So, imagine that we have a clone for each individual or even as many as any individual can afford, and when this individual needs an organ like Liver, heart, lungs, kidney, transplant, these organs are harvested from yoir clone for your use.

So, in other words, these clones are just like bean pods for human organ requirements.

Do you think such practise can be referred to as moral?

If they will not allow the bodies to have cognitive functions then it will be fine in my opinion or else you just birthed another human being.
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2019
budaatum:

That, precisely, is the question. Are "photocopies of the original human", human? Does it breath, poo, have a mind and can tell its creator to fuq off when it wants as I its original can, or is it my creation, as in one that I have "full inalienable right over", "to do with however it pleases me"?

If it does breathe, poo or have a mind. Does this in anyway make it less your creation?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2019
LordReed:

If they will not allow the bodies to have cognitive functions then it will be fine in my opinion or else you just birthed another human being.

So, if they don't have cognitive functions, they aren't humans in your opinion?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2019
So what makes the clone different from the human. If it has same dna and structure as a human then it is human. Can it think?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2019
Geofavor:
The thought of having a clone of me makes my stomach rumble. I can't imagine staring at another me. Resident evil comes to mind. My clones would think they are me. They would have my emotions and everything. They wouldn't want to be harvested like a tree bearing fruits -- the same way I wouldn't want it done to me. They will be me.

The immorality is the last thing to even worry about, because this will be chaotic.

Just leave other problems that could arise, lets discuss the moral part of the problem for this thread
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by johnydon22(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
So what makes the clone different from the human. If it has same dna and structure as a human then it is human. Can it think?

Two options, give your answer for each scenario.

1. It can think

2. It can't think, just a dummy organ grower?
Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by MuttleyLaff: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:32am On Mar 19, 2019
johnydon22:

Our creations in what sense? Are synthesized in a lab or are they made from sperms cells and ova?
Aren't our parents in this sense our creators and thus owe us no moral obligations?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Slept With A Ghost / (PICTURES)Grand Opening Of Oyedepo’s Largest Auditorium In East & Central Africa / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.