Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey (403 Views)

Atheists Can Be Moral (concept Of Moral Mandala) / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. / Will It Be Moral To Make Clones For Organ Harvesting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by tobechi74: 12:48am On Oct 09, 2020
A new study by the Pew organization (click on screenshot below or get full pdf here) surveyed 38,436 people in 34 countries across the globe, asking them questions about how important God or religion is to them and—today’s topic)—do you really need God to be moral.  The methods included both face to face and phone […]

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/01/a-world-survey-do-we-need-god-to-be-moral/

Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by falcon01: 2:59am On Oct 09, 2020
No, because if you check Nigeria, The people who commit the most evil of act believe in God and it didn't stop them from doing what they do infact believing in the magic and fairytales has made people to commit heinous crimes like ritual killing and stuffs. I think it's better to know you have one life to leave maybe just maybe you'll try not to waste it and spend been happy even if you are poor you'll just find something to keep you busy for the rest of your life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00am On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:
No, because if you check Nigeria, The people who commit the most evil of act believe in God and it didn't stop them from doing what they do infact believing in the magic and fairytales has made people to commit heinous crimes like ritual killing and stuffs. I think it's better to know you have one life to leave maybe just maybe you'll try not to waste it and spend been happy even if you are poor you'll just find something to keep you busy for the rest of your life.

What kind of ignorant speak is this? Is there a difference between you and other humans? Do you care for others when you want a thing? When a girl says no did you stop? Do you not entice married woman with your prowess or beauty or riches? Have you not used your position to your advantage? Do you not lie or steal or cheat and klll?
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2020
tobechi74:
A new study by the Pew organization (click on screenshot below or get full pdf here) surveyed 38,436 people in 34 countries across the globe, asking them questions about how important God or religion is to them and—today’s topic)—do you really need God to be moral.  The methods included both face to face and phone […]

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/01/a-world-survey-do-we-need-god-to-be-moral/

What is the definition of Stupidity howbeit, The Proof that Man is Seriously Stupid? I tell you, when a Poll requiring ood reassoning is conducted in a mental asylum! lipsrsealed

"The world is full of fools and he who would not see it, should smash his mirror"
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 6:11am On Oct 09, 2020
So, to the question posed "Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by tobechi74: 12:48am"

Yes!

Because Morals is God, for He Made It!

Can you use the Camry and iPhone without Mr Toyoda and Steve Jobs?
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2020
This same issue was raised thousands of years ago!

The concept of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil connotes God's right to determine morals for mankind {Genesis 2:17} humans have brains so we can choose to be whatever we want but in order to cohabit peacefully with one another, we need to set standards for right and wrong.
Whose responsibility it is to set such standards?

Well that's the big issue! smiley

Of course most humans feel since we are higher beings than the animals, we don't need no one to tell us what is right or wrong.
But if that's the case then why do we go to war?
Because wars don't mean just two angry humans but two cities having lots of people picking up weapons and determined to exterminate the other side. undecided
The only way forward is when a higher intelligent being (God) comes in!
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by falcon01: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What kind of ignorant speak is this? Is there a difference between you and other humans? Do you care for others when you want a thing? When a girl says no did you stop? Do you not entice married woman with your prowess or beauty or riches? Have you not used your position to your advantage? Do you not lie or steal or cheat and klll?
I have lied, I have cheated. I ain't perfect. That's my point humans ain't perfect but my point here is with or without God humans commit evil! using where you are ad a case study 99% of evil doers believe in God ain't that just the worse?. Thinking of repentance after all the crime is committed ain't that just pathetic?
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:
I have lied, I have cheated. I ain't perfect. That's my point humans ain't perfect but my point here is with or without God humans commit evil! using where you are ad a case study 99% of evil doers believe in God ain't that just the worse?. Thinking of repentance after all the crime is committed ain't that just pathetic?

The highlighted is a misconception! smiley

The word BELIEVE connotes TRUST, if you trust in God you will be contented with whatever you have, you may be in need but your complete trust in God will keep you going no matter how poor the situation may be, you will be among the first to console others, even when everyone around you is downhearted you'll be a source of comfort for the depressed soul. Psalms 1:1-6
With all these in mind you'll be the happiest even with little or much, therefore it's impossible for a true believer in God to be an evildoer! smiley
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:

I think I get your point BUT this is the Counter!

Everyone who does evil, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD!

For if they Truly Believed (for, which "believe" is To Know and Understand) in God, they would know that they are to Fly, Run, Do like Balaam's Donkey, pull out a Sword to Cut Down All Faces and Forms and Types of Wickedness.

Any who does not these things But embraces any Wickedness, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, even if they say so or they look (I prefer the word appear) so.

Now, if True Followers of God Do Not Do evil, therefore, The Only People who Do Evil, are The Evil People Themselves!

For Repentance means Change, Change because you understand the importance of the Need to change. And Do Not Realise that when they do a "Repentance", that they are actually under "Probation"and until their Repentance is Perfect, Pure and Complete, It Shall Not Be Accepted (Confirmed) by the Lord.

I can not understand why they will not think to Know that God Surely Knows that it is very possible to Repent and Sin Again and Yet Again Repent Only to Sin Again. And therefore He Must Wait Until Your Repentance is Sure, True, Unfailing and Understanding, Before He Shall Accept Such a One.

Every Diligent Person Does this, how therefore, shall the Most Wise Not even Do Something Better Than us, to Forestall Frauds and Cheats?

I am always Amazed when I see and hear them claim Repentance, yet they are not Changed from their former Selfs, how can they Truly Say that they have Repented, when there is Nothing Different About Them? I can not comprehend it men and I can never accept that there is a Repentance without Change. No, they are deceiving themselves and others too.
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Uyi168: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2020
Do we need God to be immoral??..
If the answer is no, then we do not need God be moral.
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by falcon01: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is a misconception! smiley

The word BELIEVE connotes TRUST, if you trust in God you will be contented with whatever you have, you may be in need but your complete trust in God will keep you going no matter how poor the situation may be, you will be among the first to console others, even when everyone around you is downhearted you'll be a source of comfort for the depressed soul. Psalms 1:1-6
With all these in mind you'll be the happiest even with little or much, therefore it's impossible for a true believer in God to be an evildoer! smiley

*believes there's a God*
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by falcon01: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I think I get your point BUT this is the Counter!

Everyone who does evil, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD!

For if they Truly Believed (for, which "believe" is To Know and Understand) in God, they would know that they are to Fly, Run, Do like Balaam's Donkey, pull out a Sword to Cut Down All Faces and Forms and Types of Wickedness.

Any who does not these things But embraces any Wickedness, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, even if they say so or they look (I prefer the word appear) so.

Now, if True Followers of God Do Not Do evil, therefore, The Only People who Do Evil, are The Evil People Themselves!

For Repentance means Change, Change because you understand the importance of the Need to change. And Do Not Realise that when they do a "Repentance", that they are actually under "Probation"and until their Repentance is Perfect, Pure and Complete, It Shall Not Be Accepted (Confirmed) by the Lord.

I can not understand why they will not think to Know that God Surely Knows that it is very possible to Repent and Sin Again and Yet Again Repent Only to Sin Again. And therefore He Must Wait Until Your Repentance is Sure, True, Unfailing and Understanding, Before He Shall Accept Such a One.

Every Diligent Person Does this, how therefore, shall the Most Wise Not even Do Something Better Than us, to Forestall Frauds and Cheats?

I am always Amazed when I see and hear them claim Repentance, yet they are not Changed from their former Selfs, how can they Truly Say that they have Repented, when there is Nothing Different About Them? I can not comprehend it men and I can never accept that there is a Repentance without Change. No, they are deceiving themselves and others too.
They believe there's a God *
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:
*believes there's a God*

I don't argue blindly!

If a man tells you he loves you with his mouth but from all indication he doesn't even acknowledge your existence, can anyone convince you of his love?
Well that's what it means to say someone believe in God yet is doing evil!
Apostle Paul said "you can't say you believe in the existence of God yet you have no trust in him to repay you for what you're doing" Hebrew 11:6
Please it's a misconception, though you may see many claiming they believe in God yet doing evil, that's the result of the crookedness in the heart of many. They're claiming so to deceive innocent people so as to defraud you, deep down in their hearts what they're saying is "there is no God" Psalms 14:1, 53:1

Note how God himself proved that he knows such ones, those quotations aren't referring to the Atheists who came out publicly to debunk the existence of God, but disguised atheists who are pretending as if they believe but "deep down in their hearts" they don't believe in the existence of God! smiley
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
Uyi168:
Do we need God to be immoral??..
If the answer is no, then we do not need God be moral.

Eh Ojoro reassoning!

A laptop is created virus free. But when it is virus infected, it must act as one that is virus infected.

Immorality is the virus of man and the cure, like the laptop requires Antivirus, You, the man, Require Anti-Immorality. And that is Only Given By Mr. Morality,.

And guess Who is Mr. Morality? God!
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Dtruthspeaker: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
falcon01:
They believe there's a God *

There is God! But that is not the issue here.
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Uyi168: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Eh Ojoro reassoning!

A laptop is created virus free. But when it is virus infected, it must act as one that is virus infected.

Immorality is the virus of man and the cure, like the laptop requires Antivirus, You, the man, Require Anti-Immorality. And that is Only Given By Mr. Morality,.

And guess Who is Mr. Morality? God!
Kk
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by elated177: 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
There are gods. There is One God, the Creator of heaven and earth and everything in it and the seas and everything in them.

He says:

Isaiah 50: 10 Who among you fears the Lord
    and obeys the word of his servant?
Let the one who walks in the dark,
    who has no light,
trust in the name of the Lord
    and rely on their God.
11 But now, all you who light fires
    and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires
    and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
    You will lie down in torment.

You are free to create your own morality and walk in it.
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by tobechi74: 5:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Good
Re: Do We Need God To Be Moral? World Survey by Image123(m): 5:07am On Oct 11, 2020
Ultimately, yes. God defines morality. Humans contend on what exactly is moral or immoral. Conscience is at varying levels.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / What Is The Hamitic Hypothesis? / The Lords Chosen Is 18 Years, Celebrate With Us On 20th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.