Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos (34636 Views)

Hard Drugs And Money Found In Ogun Hotel By Police During Raid / Armed Robbers Attack Bank In Ekiti, Policeman, Girl Shot Dead (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boys Injure EFCC Operative In Abuja During Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Oh no!
Jungle justice should've been meted out to that trigger happy idiot!
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
publicenemy:
Why not chase the hoodlums and apprehend yhe m for the police. When you allow criminals settle in your neighborhood this is what you get.

R.I.P little girl

The police is never your friend, report this hoodlums to police and they will be release after paying a certain amount of money, that's not even the problem, the same police you report to will tell the hoodlums who reported them and you know what that means.

That's why in Nigeria everyone mind their business especially when it comes to police matter.
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Awesomefred32(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is Nigeria
Nigeria is just a Joke
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by tonymyke4life(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
Jonny just dropped! Falz was ryt!
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by gaffig: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
freeze001:
After stating clearly that the girl was shot by the policeman and that they have him in their custody what is there to investigate again please? This is what they will do to drag the matter and frustrate her family until everyone gets tired and the murderer will be given a transfer and promotion! Dirty Nigeria Police!
I was a witness on my way home, they even came back to arrest the girl's mother, she was just released this morning. Late in the night, they came back, harassing passerby and shooting tear gas because some hoodlums killed a policeman. As I am speaking, Adamo is still very tense and people are instructed to pass with hands in the air
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Projectors(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is really sad for the family of the innocent girl. The police should avoid wasting the lives of the innocent people.
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by freeze001(f): 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
gaffig:
I was a witness on my way home, they even came back to arrest the girl's mother, she was just released this morning. Late in the night, they came back, harassing passerby and shooting tear gas because some hoodlums killed a policeman. As I am speaking, Adamo is still very tense and people are instructed to pass with hands in the air

I don't understand. Witness to what? The killing of the girl or of the policeman you mentioned by hoodlums? You mean Police still arrested the mother of the girl they killed? Na wa o!
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by freeze001(f): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
Really? So the girl that was carelessly murdered by the very people who should protect her life and property should have been the one to start chasing and apprehending hoodlums? On what authority? If they had killed her would you have come to praise her as some martyr that tried to rid her neighbourhood of criminals so that ill-trained, irresponsible police officers do not come to kill innocents indiscriminately? I don't understand how some of you reason sha. You must really be an enemy to the public according to your moniker.

publicenemy:
Why not chase the hoodlums and apprehend yhe m for the police. When you allow criminals settle in your neighborhood this is what you get.
R.I.P little girl
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by ejemamaka: 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
so sad
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by gaffig: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
freeze001:

I don't understand. Witness to what? The killing of the girl or of the policeman you mentioned by hoodlums? You mean Police still arrested the mother of the girl they killed? Na wa o!
To the unjust killing of the girl, the police was stupid to shoot inside the market, the girl just returned from school with her uniform still on, she was helping her mother who sells food to prepare stew it so sad when she fell after the second gun shot, the police saw wat happened and tried to run.. It's shoking.. The same Adamo where the children of the rich was kidnapped from A big missionary school, there was helicopter hovering in the air in search of the kidnappers and the IG of police was there. Unfortunately, this family may not get any sympathy from the police, because I don't understand which stupid investigation is needed to show that the SARS guy is mad upstairs...
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by CioAngels(f): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
nairafamedotcom:
There was fear and apprehension in the Adamo area of Ikorodu, Lagos, on Monday, when a policeman shot dead a girl during a raid.

The killing of the girl who is a trader sparked off heavy protest as youths in the area gave the patrol team a hot chase, forcing the police to abandon their vehicle and flee the scene. The youths seized the patrol vehicle and set it ablaze.

A witness, Ben Ndakat, said the policemen had stormed the Adamo area on an evening raid of suspected criminal hideouts.

Ndakat said as some suspected hoodlums were running away for fear of being arrested by the police, the cops started firing at the suspects but a stray bullet hit the young lady.

“The killing of the girl sparked off serious protest by an angry mob that chased after the policemen who fired randomly to scare people away, and they escaped but abandoned their patrol vehicle. The mob set the vehicle ablaze.

“I wonder the type of training the police authorities give to their policemen; how could they be firing in the midst of people? They should have known that those who they were chasing were using innocent people as shield. I watched how the girl, who was on her own, slumped and died after being hit by the bullet.”

The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bala Elkana, confirmed that a girl was shot dead and said:

“Yes, a young girl was shot dead by a policeman from the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence, Panti. I don’t want to preempt their motive to the area, but I believe they were there on surveillance. The policeman who fired the shot is in our custody. We are investigating the matter.”

Read more below
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/03/just-in-girl-shot-dead-by-police-during.html

Obviously the police service commission is not ready to take responsibilities of the police excesses. The police from the top should be sanctioned when the stupid blood thirsty personnel's kills innocent Nigerians, without this, they will continue the massacre of Nigerians.
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by SALIMAN(m): 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Accidental discharge
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by ericmor: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
As long as we refused to do the right thing, same issue will continue to occur
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by ericmor: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
freeze001:
Really? So the girl that was carelessly murdered by the very people who should protect her life and property should have been the one to start chasing and apprehending hoodlums? On what authority? If they had killed her would you have come to praise her as some martyr that tried to rid her neighbourhood of criminals so that ill-trained, irresponsible police officers do not come to kill innocents indiscriminately? I don't understand how some of you reason sha.

Some people are not ok, so ignore them. My late friend who happened to be a police officer told me stories of how some notorious robbers used to use people as shield anytime they go for their arrest and he told me that they can’t shoot bcs of the unharmed people there. Dis my guy always having issues with some of his Colleugues bcs he always try to correct them which they always refused to listen all bcs of egunje. Was with him in their barracks one day when he was correcting a colleague to stop carrying riffle anytime he is drunk cus d officer use to misbehave when drunk but he told my late friend to forget that but the guy died like a month after bcs of dis same issue. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by freeze001(f): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
What a jungle we live in and dare to call it a nation or country.
gaffig:

To the unjust killing of the girl, the police was stupid to shoot inside the market, the girl just returned from school with her uniform still on, she was helping her mother who sells food to prepare stew it so sad when she fell after the second gun shot, the police saw wat happened and tried to run.. It's shoking.. The same Adamo where the children of the rich was kidnapped from A big missionary school, there was helicopter hovering in the air in search of the kidnappers and the IG of police was there. Unfortunately, this family may not get any sympathy from the police, because I don't understand which stupid investigation is needed to show that the SARS guy is mad upstairs...
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by tayorx(m): 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
It was a very sad day in my area yesterday, those crazy animals even shot sporadically to we guys trying to hold them down, the craziest thing they even did was when they locked the mother up all because their vehicle was burnt
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by Lufthansa: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
If it were to be a male that was hit by the stray bullet. They would have claimed he was one of their targets.
Re: Girl Shot Dead By Police During Raid In Ikorodu, Lagos by eedris07(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
Even if they are on survillence are they suppose to shoot? Nigeria Police need to re-train some of their officers.. Some of them are too brutal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Task force official pours away two coolers of rice being sold by 2 ladies / Awawa Cult Members Arrested By Police In Oshodi, Lagos / Eight Men Molest A Teenager To Death In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.