Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Mayweather Apologizes For Making Controversial Racist Remarks To Manny Pacquaio - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mayweather Apologizes For Making Controversial Racist Remarks To Manny Pacquaio (750 Views)

Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Peter Okoye Apologizes For Calling His Brother Out Online - ''I'm Not Perfect'' / Lol. Manny Pacquaio Mocks Floyd Mayweather In New Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mayweather Apologizes For Making Controversial Racist Remarks To Manny Pacquaio by mamagee3(f): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2010
Floyd Mayweather Jr. took to the Internet again on Friday, this time to apologize for a profanity-filled racist rant against Manny Pacquiao that he recorded on uStream.com Thursday.

Mayweather continued to mispronounce Pacquiao’s surname, repeatedly referring to him as “Pooch-ee-ow.” But a day after making racist and homophobic comments on uStream, Mayweather offered an apology to those who were offended.

“I do want to apologize for what happened the other night,” Mayweather said. “I want to apologize to everybody. They felt it was a racist comment that came from me. I don’t have a racist bone in my body, you know. I love everybody. Some of my guys are Muslims. Some of my guys are Jews. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, whites, it doesn’t matter. There is nothing but love in my heart, you know what I’m saying?

More From Kevin IoleRant shows Mayweather out of control Sep 3, 2010 Boxing's most influential: Nos. 51-100 Sep 3, 2010 ADVERTISEMENT

“I heard this from a few people. The only thing I want to say is, anybody who was offended by what I said the other day, I apologize as a man. I apologize. Forgive me for saying what I said. I was just having fun. I didn’t really mean it, nothing in a bad way. So let’s stay on this roller coaster ride and keep riding, baby. It’s all love.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-mayweatherapology090410
Re: Mayweather Apologizes For Making Controversial Racist Remarks To Manny Pacquaio by Yorubah(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2010
Thanks for the post, Floyd aint mean to sound racist as that happens in boxing, imma take u back to Mohamed Ali  he dissed opponent,  said something to trigger his mind,  its business. He did the same to Mosley callin him fagot tryna fight him when he's close to 40yrs lol

I think its boxing and Pacman wont understand the language cos he aint from the ghetto anyway he has apologized and my boy Floyd still gon whip his a*s next year if he agrees to the test.
Re: Mayweather Apologizes For Making Controversial Racist Remarks To Manny Pacquaio by Dolemite(f): 1:07am On Sep 06, 2010
. . .but if was a white guy that made these comments. . .woah, fact! being black in America gives you exclusive rights to racism. You can use the N word, say white men can't jump. .the list just goes on and on.

(1) (Reply)

We Salute The Legend ,happy Birthday Tuface Idibia / Miss Usa ,alexandria Mills Is The Winner Of 2010 Miss World Contest / Omotola's Charity Visit To Sos Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.