Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme (8663 Views)

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / Olu Okeowo's Property Demolished By Lagos Government (Pics, Video) / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Aolconsult: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2019
In this article, you'll learn about all residential and industrial schemes available in Lagos State, owned and managed by the Lagos State Government. You'll also learn about the 4 Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that manages these schemes, how to own a property in any of the schemes and steps you need to take in getting development permit, thereby avoiding the Lagos State Building Control Agency from sealing/demolishing your building.

In exercising the power conferred on the governors of each state, the governors can acquire land for public use through residential schemes for allocation to residents in the state as part of efforts to meet the housing needs of citizens of the state. This paper examines the various residential schemes created by the Lagos State Government in Nigeria and further discusses how to subscribe to any of these schemes and processes involved in developing same.

SOME GOVERNMENT RESIDENTIAL SCHEMES IN LAGOS STATE
There are 5 divisions in Lagos State and in these 5 divisions; we have the constitutionally recognized 20 Local Government Areas and the 37 additional Local Council Development Areas. The schemes created by the Lagos State Government are available in each of the five divisions which are listed below

Lagos Island Division: Lekki Pennisula Scheme 1, Lekki Pennisula Scheme 2, etc
Epe Division: In Epe Division, we have Orisan Waterfront; Agbowa mixed scheme, Light Industrial Scheme, Teachers’ Village, Temu and Valley View Mixed development schemes respectively.
Badagry Division: We have Amuwo-Odofin, Ijanikin Rose Garden, Safe-Court Garden Ijanikin, Mosafejo Aradagun Scheme and Sunny Field Scheme.
Ikeja Division: We have Oko-Oba Scheme, Omole Scheme, Fortune Garden Residential Scheme, Ilasamaja Industrial Scheme Isolo, apart from the well known Magodo Scheme and Isheri residential scheme.
Ikorodu Division: Ikorodu GRA 2 and 3 and Millennium residential scheme

AGENCIES THAT MANAGES GOVERNMENT SCHEME IN LAGOS STATE
There are four primary government MDAs (Ministry Department and Agencies) directly responsible for the management and design of all Lagos State Government Schemes. These agencies are The New Towns Development Authority (NTDA) Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Land Use and Allocation Committee (LUAC) and Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State

HOW TO ACQUIRE LAND IN A GOVERNMENT SCHEME
The various schemes under the ownership and management of the Lagos State Government have been listed above. Some of these schemes are fully subscribed and no longer available in the primary market (direct allocation/sale by Government) except from secondary market (buying from original allottees) while some others are still available for purchase from the Lagos State Government.
Click on the link for more information

DEVELOPING LAND WITHIN GOVERNMENT SCHEME
There are various clauses in the Letters of Allocation and Certificates of Occupancy issued to allotees of Government Scheme which states categorically that land must be fully developed within 2 years from the date of issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy. Failure to comply with these clauses could constitute a breach. The Government has always warned plot owners in the scheme to commence the development of their plots, or have them confiscated by the State

It is important to note that before any development can be commenced on any land in Lagos State, there is need for development permit to be sought from the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development. Under the Ministry is the Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA) the agency responsible for granting development permit. All intending developers must apply to the agency before they can mobilize personnel to the site.

DEVELOPING LAND IN GOVERNMENT SCHEME WITHOUT APPROVAL
Every property/building in the state must be validated and regularized in line with the specifications of the state Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, irrespective of whether the building/property is within Government Scheme or private land. There exist the Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law 2010 that regulates development in Lagos State.

http://aolmanagementconsult.com.ng/processes-involved-in-acquiring-and-developing-land-in-lagos-state-government-scheme/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by tstx(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Enlightening....

Meanwhile, i build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by afrika4real(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Good
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
Lagos grin grin

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Truefaith: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
nbg
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Damosheey212: 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
NICE info! Op
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Cxbuyer: 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
No WizKid n Davido fans here to comment?

No Ronaldo n Messi fans here to debate?

Uninformed mediocre youths won't see knowledge like this. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
Excision in progress scam

3 Likes

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by slawomir: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
Okay
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by tomtos88(m): 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
Everything zigzag, never straightforward, just to extort people, left, right and centre... MDAs my foot

1 Like

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by NigeriaBam: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nice one
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by shogbenga: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
I advise that prospective subscribers should thread carefully with buying land from Lagos State government. I paid for IGBOGBO scheme since 2009, till this moment, no allocation. 4 years ago, I applied for refund. As I type this comment, the government has not done anything. A lot of us are victims. For me it's easier to buy from estates developers than from Lagos government. In fact, I will rather buy from omonile than from Lagos government.

7 Likes

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Timekeeper: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
Okay.. My Igbo brothers. Food don ready
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Yinxies(f): 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
Fully allocated? What’s the point of the article undecided

Stand out in boldness with your Business! Get our Starter Pack for N7,000 only; including Logo, letterhead and business card designs. zero eight zero six six four five two zero six seven
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Bede2u(m): 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
No Igbo should care about this nonsense post. The Igbos who tried to settle in lagos in the spirit of brotherhood and because lagos was the nations capital city are now being insulted by yorubas everyday. It went from insult to actual violence in the last election.

Every new Igbo rich guy who wants to invest in property should invest in the east. We dont trust yrubas again. They are fast becoming radical and unstable. Probably because of the growing population of yoruba muslims.

Buy land in Enugu. Together we can build our own abuja and lag in the east

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Aolconsult: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
shogbenga:
I advise that prospective subscribers should thread carefully with buying land from Lagos State government. I paid for IGBOGBO scheme since 2009, till this moment, no allocation. 4 years ago, I applied for refund. As I type this comment, the government has not done anything. A lot of us are victims. For me it's easier to buy from estates developers than from Lagos government. In fact, I will rather buy from omonile than from Lagos government.

There are issues in Ikorodu, but same can not be said about other schemes.

Please always consult professionals who are registered Estate Surveyors and Valuers to advertise, not quacks

1 Like

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Lordtunji(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
Joromi12:
Excision in progress scam

Can you explain sir
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by kryptem: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
Aolconsult:
In this article, you'll learn about all residential and industrial schemes available in Lagos State, owned and managed by the Lagos State Government. You'll also learn about the 4 Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that manages these schemes, how to own a property in any of the schemes and steps you need to take in getting development permit, thereby avoiding the Lagos State Building Control Agency from sealing/demolishing your building.

In exercising the power conferred on the governors of each state, the governors can acquire land for public use through residential schemes for allocation to residents in the state as part of efforts to meet the housing needs of citizens of the state. This paper examines the various residential schemes created by the Lagos State Government in Nigeria and further discusses how to subscribe to any of these schemes and processes involved in developing same.

SOME GOVERNMENT RESIDENTIAL SCHEMES IN LAGOS STATE
There are 5 divisions in Lagos State and in these 5 divisions; we have the constitutionally recognized 20 Local Government Areas and the 37 additional Local Council Development Areas. The schemes created by the Lagos State Government are available in each of the five divisions which are listed below

Lagos Island Division: Lekki Pennisula Scheme 1, Lekki Pennisula Scheme 2, etc
Epe Division: In Epe Division, we have Orisan Waterfront; Agbowa mixed scheme, Light Industrial Scheme, Teachers’ Village, Temu and Valley View Mixed development schemes respectively.
Badagry Division: We have Amuwo-Odofin, Ijanikin Rose Garden, Safe-Court Garden Ijanikin, Mosafejo Aradagun Scheme and Sunny Field Scheme.
Ikeja Division: We have Oko-Oba Scheme, Omole Scheme, Fortune Garden Residential Scheme, Ilasamaja Industrial Scheme Isolo, apart from the well known Magodo Scheme and Isheri residential scheme.
Ikorodu Division: Ikorodu GRA 2 and 3 and Millennium residential scheme

AGENCIES THAT MANAGES GOVERNMENT SCHEME IN LAGOS STATE
There are four primary government MDAs (Ministry Department and Agencies) directly responsible for the management and design of all Lagos State Government Schemes. These agencies are The New Towns Development Authority (NTDA) Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Land Use and Allocation Committee (LUAC) and Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State

HOW TO ACQUIRE LAND IN A GOVERNMENT SCHEME
The various schemes under the ownership and management of the Lagos State Government have been listed above. Some of these schemes are fully subscribed and no longer available in the primary market (direct allocation/sale by Government) except from secondary market (buying from original allottees) while some others are still available for purchase from the Lagos State Government.
Click on the link for more information

DEVELOPING LAND WITHIN GOVERNMENT SCHEME
There are various clauses in the Letters of Allocation and Certificates of Occupancy issued to allotees of Government Scheme which states categorically that land must be fully developed within 2 years from the date of issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy. Failure to comply with these clauses could constitute a breach. The Government has always warned plot owners in the scheme to commence the development of their plots, or have them confiscated by the State

It is important to note that before any development can be commenced on any land in Lagos State, there is need for development permit to be sought from the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development. Under the Ministry is the Lagos State Physical Planning Permit Authority (LASPPPA) the agency responsible for granting development permit. All intending developers must apply to the agency before they can mobilize personnel to the site.

DEVELOPING LAND IN GOVERNMENT SCHEME WITHOUT APPROVAL
Every property/building in the state must be validated and regularized in line with the specifications of the state Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, irrespective of whether the building/property is within Government Scheme or private land. There exist the Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law 2010 that regulates development in Lagos State.

http://aolmanagementconsult.com.ng/processes-involved-in-acquiring-and-developing-land-in-lagos-state-government-scheme/

Good for knowledge. At least, I have learnt one or two things.
But, is the bureaucracy easy and how long would it take from start to finish; Just an overview?

1 Like

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Aolconsult: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2019
kryptem:

Good for knowledge. At least, I have learnt one or two things.
But, is the bureaucracy easy and how long would it take from start to finish; Just an overview?

I assure you, if all documents are complete 180 days is enough to start and conclude.

Yes, I'm speaking the truth
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by Femich18(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
Cxbuyer:
No WizKid n Davido fans here to comment?

No Ronaldo n Messi fans here to debate?

Uninformed mediocre youths won't see knowledge like this. undecided

Lols grin grin grin
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by alujonjonkijon: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
i have 700 sq meters in the lagos state government oko orisan water fromt scheme with c of of for outright sale at 8.5million naira.pls call 08171992784
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by BecomeALandLord(m): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nice one Op.
We are private developers and sells land within our estates.
Contact us today..
Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by OakRealtorsNG: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2019
Very informative..

We, at Oak Realtors have a very nice corner piece house for commercial use with lettable space of 600sqm and a 3bedroom duplex for LEASE. It can park more than 25cars.
Suitable for schools, lounges, club, banks, office etc and its can also be shared.

Price: N30m (asking price)

oakrealtorsng@gmail.com
www.oakrealtors..com

Re: Processes Involved In Acquiring & Developing Land In Lagos Government Scheme by steve6: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
Informative !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bungalows For Sale @ Warri Delta State For 15,000,000 (fifteen Million Naira Eac / DURABLE HIGH QUALITY ALUMINIUM LONG SPAN, STEP TILES nd METCOPPO AVAILABLE NOW / Pop(plaster Of Paris) Wall Screeding, Art Works , POP Parafait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.