Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! (4394 Views)

Wada Launches Lokoja Mega Terminal (Photos) / Pictured: Roofless Main Terminal Of Yola Airport In Nigeria / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by Thespecialone(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
It's amazing how folks who have never bought a flight ticket talkless of flying come here and castigate airlines. Thank God for internet sha. Anyone can form here.
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by DeepSoul(f): 1:13am On Sep 08, 2010
^^ grin grin grin

Thank God for internet true true.

So the basis of what makes a good airline is now bazooka garri and chocomilo meat.
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by sesan99(m): 4:08am On Sep 08, 2010
some people r really funny,what part of d world r u traveling too were arik serve eba few times dat av used them from and to lagos london dey neva serve anything local is either rice with curry chicken or patato and chicken, funny how some people who dont know were d airport is come here and slag people who doin great job up
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by andyanetor: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2010
I have no bias against ARIK whatsoever, But i have an experience to share too, while i and a friend were aboard ARIK from Abuja to Lagos, I have the flight numbers , Will post them if asked to.

1. The flight was supposed to be for 5pm, but we eventually boarded at about 6:30pm and took off about 27min later.

2. Before the plane took off, the entire passenger cabin was very hot. If not for the rain that fell that afternoon, i am very sure we all may have roasted before we arrived Lagos. I am yet to know if its a strategy aimed at reducing Aviation Fuel consumption just like some of our local land transport lines do. We only experienced some level of cooling only when we were airborne. That lasted for about 20min before the vents began blowing out normal fan breeze.

3. I felt it was particular with just that flight, not until we left Lagos on the Sunday of that same weekend after a bad trailer crushing experience on the Lagos Ibadan express-way. Flight was for 4:00pm, but we boarded at about 5pm. This flight was the hottest i have ever flown in my entire life. Passengers were practically fanning themselves thru-out the entire trip. I then asked my friend if something wasn't wrong with these pple, There again, Nigerians as we always do kept mute and grumbled in their inner-most, lifting and tilting the air ducts/vents to face them directly so they could at least get some fan air and avert suffocation.

4. We landed Abuja safely (Most important)

5. My mum must have been in the same flight with LENNOX, that Thursday. Herself and my sister were bound for the UK. Flight was for 11am that Thursday. I dont know if they took off at the scheduled departure time, but i was amazed to see her call at about 3pm of that same day while i was still in the office. Before i picked the call, looked at the clock in the office and counted the hours. In my mind i said "This isn't possible" did they use a Concorde? To my amazement, they were still in Nigeria. They had taken off, and had gotten to somewhere around Kano when they were told that the plane had developed technical problems and had to return to Abuja. What did u expect Nigerian passengers to do "PRAYERS". They were on their way back to Abuja when they (ARIK) informed them again that Abuja's Airport didn't have equipments to fix the issues, and moreover wouldn't have had enough materials to combat any fire or disaster that may occur. NAIRALANDERS!! the pilot flew them in the ill fated plane to Lagos, and hovered around for hours to burn off fuel before he eventually landed the air-craft. The information i got from my Mum was that not even a fly from ARIK came to sympathize with them or apologize for the embarrassment & fear.

An hour later, they were yet to take off to the UK with another flight. But we thank God, that another air-craft was finally provided and they arrived the UK successfully.

This write-up is from my personal experience and that of my mum, Whoever flies local routes with other airlines who dont charge as high as Arik will give u a good climate. I am not concluding, but reports from people will tell if Arik is ready for business in Nigeria.

Thank you,
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by DisGuy: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2010
patrotism no go blind some people! if you pay good money to fly in business class you certainly want more than one eba and recliner chair!!! grin

the report about their delayed salary in the career section also says a lot about this company!!
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by DisGuy: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2010
It's certainly easy to run a company in Nigeria, its either you treat the employers any how and the consumers as you like, knowing full well Nigerians wont complain and if they do; they will be shouted down by others who see you as some sort of mini-god

http://www.saharareporters.com/letter/more-customer-horror-stories-about-arik-airline
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by martinosi: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
Its a known fact in the UK that all the *suspect* airlines are
the ones that fly out only @ Night *roflmao*,

We shall not mention name, Lets not even go there!!!!
Please do not fight me on this O!!!
Re: Terminal Navigation Charges: We Were Betrayed, Says Arik! by benom(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2010
i have been flying regularly for some time now through different domestic terminals. From my judgement, ARIK is our best indegineous airline. Though they are not at par or even close to most (not all) foreign operators. In my candid opinion, Aero contractors is about the poorest when it comes to flight scheduling. I call them Lagerback.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Europe By Road; My Ordeal And Death Of A Friend / If You Are Interested In Moving To Southern Cyprus, Gather Here!!! / Accident In Port Harcourt This Morning..car Tumbles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.