Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque (37405 Views)

A Look At The New 2020 Range Rover Evoque - Photos / Watch The 2018 Range Rover Evoque Drive Over The World's Largest Speed Bump / Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by obafemee80(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2019

Tata-owned Jaguar Land Rover has won a case in China against Jiangling Motors Corp for making cars that copy features of Range Rover Evoque.

The Beijing Chaoyang District Court said on Friday that the Evoque SUV had five unique features that were copied directly in the Landwind X7 built by Jiangling Motors.

The Chinese court ruled that all sales, manufacturing and marketing of the Landwind vehicle must stop immediately and Jaguar Land Rover be paid compensation.

Jaguar Land Rover’s spokesperson said:
“We welcome this decision of the Beijing court, which further strengthens our confidence in investing in China and in the fairness of intellectual property adjudication in the Chinese courts.

“This ruling is a clear sign of the law being implemented appropriately to protect consumers and uphold their rights so that they are not confused or misled, whilst protecting business investment in design and innovation.”

JaguarLandrover first sued the Chinese based Jiangling Motor over the Landwind X7 in 2016. The UK-based automaker said it was the first time that a Chinese court has ruled in favour of foreign company over a Chinese carmaker.

https://autojosh.com/jaguar-land-rover-wins-chinese-court-case-over-copy-of-range-rover-evoque/

Let’s Have Your Thoughts In the Comments Box Below.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by izzou(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin

Tata owns Jaguar?

19 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by dkronicle(m): 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
I think say jaguar na germany
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by obafemee80(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
izzou:
grin

Tata owns Jaguar?
Yes, Tata India owns UK Jaguar Land Rover grin

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

51 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by izzou(m): 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
obafemee80:

Yes, Tata India owns UK Jaguar Land Rover grin

I don't know, but this answer of yours just made me dislike Jaguar

So Range Rover na Tata product? angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by pacino26(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
izzou:

Good morning bro, you're just waking eh? Power is moving to the East. Forget about all the razzmatazz in BBC and Co, the West is being bought by the Indians and Chinese. Africa is not on the menu. Tata Group is quite a formidable company having stood for some good years. Their military trucks are in garages of military worldwide. They look like the Soviet kamaz and Ural trucks.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2019
.. and I already ordered the clone shocked

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Hezzyluv: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2019
Copy copy no start for 9ja. If I U fink I'm laying, ask WEST LIFE grin

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Collins0609(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2019
ok
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by stalwart123(m): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2019
angry grin
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Num07033711115(m): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2019
Nice one
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by dingbang(m): 10:57am On Mar 23, 2019
Wow
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Hoodbilonia: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Without chinese and indians
Way
Wey
Wetin we gain o.
Abi una go fit afford dvd for 200k just dvd player
China came and made lg home theatwr 35k
Unlike sony.if u see sony home theater 35k new one.
Den na fake
I respect sony abeg
Dem too much

8 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by Pearlyakin(m): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2019
They shouldn't copy our Innoson car or else......

7 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by TechCapon(m): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2019
Nice judgment. After spending billions of dollars on research and development someone will just sit down in one corner and reap the fruit of your own labor.. This judgment will give other car makers and smartphone companies confidence to file their own lawsuits

15 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by showafrica(m): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2019
izzou:

Lol, I can see the disappointment on your face, hope you never order one already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by SmartMen: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2019
This is good news. In the past, it is hard to win such cases in China.

There is a man in china that has amassed millions registering domain names of global brand under the .CN domain extension.

Like Apple.cn
HP. CN, Microsoft.CN and so on. He always got away with it and these companies had to buy the domain name from him for huge sums.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by naijapips04: 11:00am On Mar 23, 2019
grin me getting to know that Range Rover is an Indian product.
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by mybestlove(m): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2019
izzou:
grin

Tata owns Jaguar?

Of course

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by wwwtortoise(m): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2019
Why play 2nd fiddle when you have astute and adequate technology to innovate and birth a new brand.

Even if you must copy, why not sign a franchise contract with the Pioneer brand.

Knowledge is profitable.

Wholesale and retail quantities available.

1 Like

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by sacajawea: 11:03am On Mar 23, 2019
What of the Point of this Post now
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2019
That one even better
If not for India drug price would be unaffordable
Kudos to India we can learn from them which is really sad

Hoodbilonia:
Without chinese and indians
Way
Wey
Wetin we gain o.
Abi una go fit afford dvd for 200k just dvd player
China came and made lg home theatwr 35k
Unlike sony.if u see sony home theater 35k new one.
Den na fake
I respect sony abeg
Dem too much

7 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2019
production will continue in innoson nnewi.

8 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by AbujaBlue: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2019
naijapips04:
grin me getting to know that Range Rover is an Indian product.

Quite common for a lot of car companies really. Land Rovers are still designed and produced in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 11:06am On Mar 23, 2019
cheesy grin
So there is hope for BLACKFACE against TUFACE in CHINA.

7 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by luckypeace1980: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2019
Why is it that some Chinese companies are always good in copying people's intellectual property ?
Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by BadBradley: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2019
izzou:

both jaguar and range rover are still uniquely British engineering and technology even though owned by India's Tata. Manufacturing still takes place in the UK and not India.

14 Likes

Re: Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque by BigIyanga: 11:10am On Mar 23, 2019
izzou:

Just read and read..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) / #valentinesday: Special Volkswagen Spotted In Kano State Today (Photos) / Man Unclad Himself Because LASTMA Wants To Tow His Vehicle - Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.