Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me (24935 Views)

22-Year-Old Nurse, Ginika Judith Okoro Dies In Her Boyfriend's House In Imo / Increase In Nurse Eliza: A Menace In Society??? / Woman Narrates How Birth Control Nearly Killed Her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by HillsBlaze(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is a public health emergency in Nigeria which is waiting to blow in our faces. God knows how many people have been killed by these marauding impostors who claim to be nurses. Never subject yourself to anyone cos once you loose your life, there ain't no second chance. Always ask for the license to practice of every individual who wants to attend to you especially in private hospitals, govt hospitals have less incidence of such occurrence.

Health personnels esp doc's, pls if you wanna own a hospital kindly employ the right individuals, there are no shortcuts to success, do the right thing and success will find you.

2 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by gmaribel(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
Sometimes it's not the sickness that will kill you, it's the Doctors or nurses.

I had a nasty experience with a male nurse who is always on night shift at Asokoro District hospital Abuja.

I had undergone surgery and was in the male casualty Ward recovering. This man when he comes to work doesn't like any disturbance. Once it's eleven he goes to sleep. When the intravenous solution is about to finish and I draw his attention to it he will start to grumble. The worst was when he had to give me drugs through the IV line. Other nurses would inject it slowly until it finishes but he just squeezed the injection so fast into my veins that I nearly passed out.

When he is on duty I just endured my pains till morning when sane people are around.

5 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by lilianofentse(f): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ejadike:
Ranting? Are you well at all? Someone is in pains and need help and you're saying he's ranting. You're even doubting if what he's saying is true. If una no sabi talk, make una no de misyarn o. What nonsense!
Before you believe every single thing that comes out from this post.
1. HE IS STILL IN PAINS FROM THE INJECTION � BUT HE TYPES WITHOUT TYPO'S
2. IF HE TRULY WAS INJURED HE WOULD FIRST OF ALL NAME THE HOSPITAL TO MAKE PEOPLE STEER CLEAR OF IT
YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE PROPERLY FED BEFORE ATTACKING ME.

3 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Xxdd: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
Well what I will say is
1.You risked your life by going to private clinic,where quack nurses are trained
2.It is your right to ask a nurse if she's registered under the umbrella of Nurses and midwifery council of Nigeria, if not you're not in safe hands
3.Quacks been trained in private hospitals have damaged the reputation of Nigeria nurses
4.Anyone that claims to be a nurse must have studied Nursing in the University or school of nursing and has been licensed
5.Help stop quackery in Nigeria by stopping their training in clinics Medical doctors and Registered nurses
6.if you can't pay Registered nurses then why have a clinic where quacks kill people
7.Legal suits incoming for Clinic medical directors where quacks are being trained because it's a punishable offence under the Nigeria constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by SmartMen: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
What exactly is he supposed to do with the laptop and what has this topic got to do with laptop?

Bros I have a laptop for sale. Come and buy and don't let Bens intimidate u ooo wink check. Out the specs and u will be blown away. cheesy
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by shayiD: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:

I am still suffering in pains after a week of the intravenous injection by a quack nurse in a private hospital. I tried contacting the nursing regulatory council but their contact is not going. I am also weakened by the response in this health thread.

What if I had died? That hospital is also carrying out surgery. I have heard cases where an intestine was cut instead of appendix in such quack hospitals.

It could happen to you, a brother, relative or friend.

Can we get it right now? I am not even as concerned about my self despite the pains am going through as a result of injection given in my veins which was pumped missing my veins and thus inflating my wrists. It was terrible. I am concerned more about their butcher table.

A lot is going on. Bad things happen when good men keep silent.

Simply ask the nurse to show you his or her licence!!!
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Mcy56(f): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
lilianofentse:
How do we know what you're saying is true. Tell us the name and location of the medical institution instead of ranting incessantly!
What's even wrong with some of you people here? He/she brought this so as to create awareness of the ills going on in some hospitals and possibly avert further 'disaster' yet you called that ranting? undecided
If you're un-informed or don't know what to say, the best thing is to be quiet and learn from those who knows. Non.sense!

2 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by baratech: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
Pele.. It is well with you and you body....

Need a website? contact me. Also contact me for mobile apps, Bulk SMS, Bulk EMail...
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Ejadike(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
lilianofentse:
2. IF HE TRULY WAS INJURED HE WOULD FIRST OF ALL NAME THE HOSPITAL TO MAKE PEOPLE STEER CLEAR OF IT
madam, you should given him the benefit of doubt atleast instead of saying he's ranting. What if what he said was true? What if he's typing with the hand that wasn't affected(of course they injected only one hand). What if you're in his shoes and someone says you're ranting whereas it was true, how would you feel? You lots are too quick to judge. Peace!

2 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by TONYE001(m): 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
Mcy56:

What's even wrong with some of you people here? He/she brought this so as to create awareness of the ills going on in some hospitals and possibly avert further 'disaster' yet you called that ranting? undecided
If you're un-informed or don't know what to say, the best thing is to be quiet and learn from those who knows. Non.sense!

Create awareness by not stating the name and location of the facility?

We shouldn't believe all we see online, especially tales without tangible proofs for support.

3 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by TONYE001(m): 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
Dear OP, kindly state the name and location of the said hospital. Whatever evidence you have to support your claim, please hold on to it and when the need arises, kindly bring them forward.

Wish you quick recovery.
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by lilianofentse(f): 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ejadike:
madam, you should given him the benefit of doubt atleast instead of saying he's ranting. What if what he said was true? What if he's typing with the hand that wasn't affected(of course they injected only one hand). What if you're in his shoes and someone says you're ranting whereas it was true, how would you feel? You lots are too quick to judge. Peace!
Noted
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by thesicilian: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
The level of ignorance on Nairaland is amazing. Someone comes to make unfounded allegations and everyone starts forming solidarity.
Doesn't the fact that there was blood mixed with the injection in the syringe prove that the needle was actually in the right place, the vein? The doctor may have simply come to take over because of the patient's drama, not necessarily that the nurse was doing the wrong thing. And no matter how common a drug is, even paracetamol, anyone can react to it by feeling dizzy and weak. Doesn't mean that the medical team is quack!

5 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Mcy56(f): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
TONYE001:
Create awareness by not stating the name and location of the facility?
We shouldn't believe all we see online, especiallttales without tangible proofs to support.
Notwithstanding, that doesn't fault his claim.
Doesn't mean such things don't happen, neither does it mean that quacks don't exist in some of our clinics.
Anyone can just do well by asking him to name the hospital. Its that simple!
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Mcy56(f): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
TONYE001:
Dear OP, kindly state the name and location of the said hospital. Whatever evidence you have to support your claim, please hold on to it and when the need arises, kindly bring them forward.
Wish you quick recovery.
You just did what should be done here.
Its left for him to provide the name or not.

2 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by deltateam: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
Mcy56:

Thanks. I believe every profession has regulatory bodies. So I visited the nursing regulatory body website. My aim was to intimate them on the incident but their contact was dead. For a field that has to do with human life, I would have thought it would be available 24/7 just like abroad where things function.

I wanted them to investigate the hospital to ascertain if those 'nurses' were supposed to be there in the first place and if they were supposed to be giving injections knowing they are trainee nurses I.e if they were on IT or something of sorts.

NB: I am not entirely without blame though because there were some red flags which I was supposed to have acted on.
First of all I would think that a hospital that was into midwifery and obstetrics was not supposed to practice general medicine. I may be wrong though just my thoughts and there were young girls of 18-27 years working there. You would really think they were doing fashion parade the way they were walking up and down.

1 Like

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by TONYE001(m): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
Mcy56:

Notwithstanding, that doesn't fault his claim. Doesn't mean such things don't happen, neither does it mean that quacks don't exist in some of our clinics.
Anyone can just do well by asking him to name the hospital. Its that simple!

I agree with you. A lot of things go unchecked in our hospitals.

I hope we get it right someday in our country.

2 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by seangy4konji: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
God is ur strength.

Na dem deh make matters worst pass..
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Mcy56(f): 4:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:
Thanks. I believe every profession has regulatory bodies. So I visited the nursing regulatory body website. My aim was to intimate them on the incident but their contact was dead. For a field that has to do with human life, I would have thought it would be available 24/7 just like abroad where things function.
NB: I am not entirely without blame though because there were some red flags which I was supposed to have acted on.
First of all I would think that a hospital that was into midwifery and obstetrics was not supposed to practice general medicine. I may be wrong though just my thoughts and there were young girls of 18-27 years working there. You would really think they were doing fashion parade the way they were walking up and down.
Don't be surprised if you eventually find out that they were not licenced to operate as any self.
Only God knows the extent of damage they might have caused.
Anyway, it's a learning point and I hope you actually find a way to expose them.
Sorry for your predicament. I wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by deltateam: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
TONYE001:

I agree with you. A lot of things go unchecked in our hospitals.

I hope we get it right someday in our country.

Waiting for someday may never come unless we take small steps today. Let's get it right by having a functional 24/7 health regulatory agency if it exists already. May I have their website?
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by ElPhoche(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
That's an outright careless stab. I never knew some nurses are assigned to use human being do experiments or project. So the other nurse took the injection from him/ her and tutored him how it is been done
Read well and don't be in a rush to comment. Reconcile the post with your own and know who gave what when.
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by TONYE001(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:

Waiting for someday may never come unless we take small steps today. Let's get it right by having a functional 24/7 health regulatory agency if it exists already. May I have their website?

Sadly, I do not have their website. You could also visit the closest NMA Secretariat.
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by ElPhoche(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
thesicilian:
The level of ignorance on Nairaland is amazing. Someone comes to make unfounded allegations and everyone starts forming solidarity.
Doesn't the fact that there was blood mixed with the injection in the syringe prove that the needle was actually in the right place, the vein? The doctor may have simply come to take over because of the patient's drama, not necessarily that the nurse was doing the wrong thing. And no matter how common a drug is, even paracetamol, anyone can react to it by feeling dizzy and weak. Doesn't mean that the medical team is quack!
I wanted to comment this but most of the people here are usually daft when it comes to medical matters and just comment anything that enters their mind
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Meel: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:
I was feeling hotness of the body and weakness so I went to a private hospital my bad.

After seeing the doctor and test, I was taken and given an injection, Duramol by a nurse Eliza. The nurse chooked the injection without getting the veins in my hands. Removed it with blood mixed with the injection, another doctor maybe doing housemanship collected it and finished the job but the damage was already done. I felt dizzy, weak like I was dying. I had to lie down. I asked them the name of the drug before this incident as if I had a premonition of what would happen.

I am feeling better though but the hand is still swollen. Thank God for life...

horsemanship in private hospital
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by babaowambe: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Beware of fake medical personnel, and the grammar of this topic is poorly composed,thus shows the state of the medical and educational development in the country, they need to be overhauled.
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
lilianofentse:

You're very silly to have replied him undecided . I feel like giving you a knock.

All you said was the truth. How can someone in pains be typing trash here, and the gullible fickles believed him.

No tangible evidence to backup the stupid story/lies.

OP, now that your lies made FP, hope you're no longer in pains? undecided

1 Like

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Bulleye(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:

I am still suffering in pains after a week of the intravenous injection by a quack nurse in a private hospital. I tried contacting the nursing regulatory council but their contact is not going. I am also weakened by the response in this health thread.

What if I had died? That hospital is also carrying out surgery. I have heard cases where an intestine was cut instead of appendix in such quack hospitals.

Can we get it right now? I am not even as concerned about my self despite the pains am going through as a result of injection given in my veins which was pumped missing my veins and thus inflating my wrists. It was terrible. I am concerned more about their butcher table.

My brother was killed by a quack doctor who cut his intestine during hernia surgery. A lot is wrong with the Nigerian medical care.

3 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Akingun1990: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:

Bro, it's a pathetic one, buh you got me laughing, cutting intestine instead of appendix, I dove my hat oooo...
and also there butchered table....
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by ElsonMorali: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
deltateam:
The quack nurses were wearing white so I couldn't distinguish until the damage was done. Does nobody care here?

Is it a case of we we?

If I were you I'd rather focus on making sure my hand heals properly before it develops abcess that can lead to gangrene and amputation in the long run.
Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by Celmatador(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
flybiz08:
A missed vein when piercing is inevitable but injecting a drug when a health personnel is not sure if the drug is actually going into a blood vessel is unforgivable.

You need a more serious case to get the attention of the nursing council as many are not qualified. They are rather trained by private clinics.

Get a good doctor to look at the site. You should be fine.

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by springtech(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
lilianofentse:
How do we know what you're saying is true. Tell us the name and location of the medical institution instead of ranting incessantly!

So this is the best response you can come up with .
You mean dropping the name and location of the medical institution/hospital is all you need to make a meaningful contribution?

And what would you do with the name?
Make a trip down there,
Start an investigation or sue them?

For someone going trough pains, all he needed was a show of care.

My people sha.

3 Likes

Re: How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElPhoche:

Read well and don't be in a rush to comment. Reconcile the post with your own and know who gave what when.
I read well Mister. Don't rush to mention

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEPLAT To Build $1.2m Hospital In Imo State (Photos) / Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / COVID-19: Garba Abari Says Chinese Experts Coming To Share Experince Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.