Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned (3093 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by oludashmi(f): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2010
The new Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, performed the last traditional rites of mounting the Omolore mound, located in front of the old palace, around 3.30pm on Sunday.

He had his first daughter by his side.

The Akure tradition requires the monarch to climb the mound with the first daughter before he could have the full traditional authority to act as the Deji.

In the event of the monarch’s demise, the daughter will act as the regent of the town pending the enthronement of a new king.

Indigenes of the ancient town, in their hundreds, defied early morning downpour and trooped out to catch a glimpse of their new monarch.

Prominent personalities from all walks of life and government functionaries, in various traditional attires, also accompanied the king to perform the rites before he entered the palace around 3.40pm to ascend the throne of his forefathers.

The coronation ceremony, which also coincided with the 60th birthday celebration of the monarch, brought to an end the four weeks of traditional rites that followed his announcement as the new monarch by the state government.

Adebiyi, a trained Agriculturist, is the fifth in the long list of the Adesida’s as decendancy to the throne of Akure and he is also the 46th Deji.

The Akure tradition prescribed that a new Deji must, before taking over the throne, pay homage to some senior chiefs, including the Omolare, Asamo, Elemo and Ooye, among others to partake in some rituals of ascension.

Part of the rituals, all of which were observed on Sunday by Adesida despite the downpour, included some moments at the Omolare’s where the sacred burial sites of all the past Dejis are located.

He also visited the Alakunre groove, the collection of ceremonial beads at the palace of the Ooye and the climbing of the Okiti Omolore.

The entire town was thrown into celebration mood as guests and residents trooped out to join the celebration.
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009062571289
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by oludashmi(f): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2010
At last!! If all our leaders are treated like the last Deji, they will all sit tight.
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by victorazy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
oludashmi:

At last!! If all our leaders are treated like the last Deji, they will all sit tight.

And will not die
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by oludashmi(f): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2010
victorazy:

And will not die
pls explain
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by fanex: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2010
Another failure, another blow, another heart ache, why are we so evil. The oba is a victim of trying to make a change in Nigeria after spending almost all his adult life in the UK. if you live abroad and want to return to Nigeria to cause a change, you better think twice. this was clearly a frame up. we Nigerians should learn to verify out facts before we run our mouth. we bascially should not eatup everything the media feeds to us in a corruption nation like Nigeria.
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by bisiaet: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2010
Another failure, another blow, another heart ache, why are we so evil. The oba is a victim of trying to make a change in Nigeria after spending almost all his adult life in the UK. if you live abroad and want to return to Nigeria to cause a change, you better think twice. this was clearly a frame up. we Nigerians should learn to verify out facts before we run our mouth. we bascially should not eatup everything the media feeds to us in a corruption nation like Nigeria.

Poster Fanex Please dont take it personal are you sure of what you have just said above? So you mean all that happened was a framed up even the half-melted up skin of the Olori when her hand wa bath with hot subtances? To be honest I am hearing what you are just saying for the first time may be you could shed more light on this issue please dont take it personall just want to have more clue about what you are trying to say.
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by allboyz(m): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2010
twaz interestin !
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by Redman44(m): 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2010
I served in in Akure, Ondo State some years ago. I would have loved to be at the coronation of the new Deji of Akure cool cool cool Ondo State has a lot of potentials. I am going to visit the state in the near future. Cheers.

www.vibes-exra..com
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by chiozor: 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2010
@fanex
please explain further, i have interest on that shocked
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by asha80(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2010
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by HamidO1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2010
victorazy:

And will not die
wat do u mean abeg, i hv a feeling u didn't understand wat d guy was tryin 2 say
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by member479760: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2010
if he no spoil for one person, he no go better for another. ride on OBA. Kabiesi ooo!
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by fanex: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
You will find the new oba is from the Adesida family although his name isnt Adesida. A family that's been ruling for over a hundred years and still as hungry for power to this present day.
basically there are a number of ruling houses in Akure the Obas should move from one family to the other according to the Ifa's choosing but right now, it has become corrupt just like our politics. the family with the most money rules (Adesida family). Think about the story in the media deeply does it make any sense? Oba doing such a dirty job himself? an ordinary rich guy in Naija will have on average 10 boys to run around for him.

I have a few facts but for obvious reasons i cannot disclose them on here sorry about that.
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by tpiah: 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
You will find the new oba is from the Adesida family although his name isnt Adesida

the new Deji looks like the carbon copy of the old one, so I even thought they were from the same family until i learnt he's also an Adesida.
Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by fuke(m): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2010
fanex:

You will find the new oba is from the Adesida family although his name isnt Adesida. A family that's been ruling for over a hundred years and still as hungry for power to this present day.
basically there are a number of ruling houses in Akure the Obas should move from one family to the other according to the Ifa's choosing but right now, it has become corrupt just like our politics. the family with the most money rules (Adesida family). Think about the story in the media deeply does it make any sense? Oba doing such a dirty job himself? an ordinary rich guy in Naija will have on average 10 boys to run around for him.

I have a few facts but for obvious reasons i cannot disclose them on here sorry about that.

Were you in Nigeria in 2009 when the deposed Deji was about to be dethroned by the high chiefs and was only saved by Iroko(Gov). Or  was that a set up too The fact is that the deposed  Deji is a rough neck. There are better way to bring changes. Stripping your wife and sending thugs to collect ransoms at funerals and house worming are not part of it.

Re: Akure In Joyful Mood As New Deji Is Crowned by tpiah: 2:58am On Sep 14, 2010
are his wife and oldest daughter medical doctors or phd holders?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/10997-deji-of-akure-the-return-of-the-adesida

they're both called Dr.

**kind of raises the bar for any new woman though, since they say obas must not be monogamous**

btw, where is the name ojei from.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Say Things Twice? / Se Gbogbo Wa Lobo Langido Ni? / Àrònì Myth. The Wisest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.