Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 (860 Views)

3 Popular Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start In 2019 / 13 Online Business Ideas That Can Make You A Lot Of Money In 2019 / Top Lucrative Fiverr Gigs You Should Sell In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by adedamola2070(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2019
Let's face it, it's 2019 and this "Fiverr" thing isn't getting any easier same as any form of business

You spend hours setting up your gigs, days waiting for orders to roll in, and weeks trying to hustle your first few sales.

And then.... crickets.

I know, because I've been there myself. I did the research. I put in the long hours. I took consistent action. And I gave up... multiple times.

Any of this sound familiar?

The good news is, Fiverr isn't a lottery, and your ability to make money on this platform rests largely on strategy... not luck.

What you're about to read isn't just another half-assed, rehashed Fiverr optimization post. In fact, most of what you'll learn here isn't even been taught anywhere else online.

But first, let's quickly cover...
How Fiverr Works For Sellers (Hint: It's All About Quality Signals)
How is it that some Fiverr gigs have endless orders queued up, while other, almost identical gigs can go months without getting a single sale?

The answer is visibility.

Fiverr has hundreds of thousands of gigs listed on their site, with hundreds more being added every day.

So, when someone does a search, Fiverr has to decide which gigs to show on page 1, and which gigs belong page on 100. (In other words, it's a search engine, just like Google.)

It's pretty obvious when you think about it, but it's easy to forget that appearing on any page other than the first will drastically reduce your gigs visibility.

And this principle even applies at the page-level to some degree...

o how does it actually work?

Well, the ranking process is handled by Fiverr's proprietary algorithm, which looks at different "quality signals" in order to determine which gigs deserve visibility over others.

(I know, that was a mouthful. But stick with me.)

While there's no public record of what this algorithm looks at, most established Fiverr sellers would agree that it boils down to four fundamental signals.

Your ability to...

Attract ​​visitors
Engage prospects
Convert leads
Fulfill: orders
Everything I'm about to share with you feeds into at least one of these quality signals, whether directly or indirectly.

if you are following write *FOLLOWING*

1 Like

Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by MrLankeeee(m): 10:38am On Mar 24, 2019
Following.
Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by adedamola2070(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2019
MrLankeeee:
Following.

noted
Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by adedamola2070(m): 5:10am On Mar 25, 2019
1. Hack Your Gig Title To Get A More Sharable URL
Ever looked at your Fiverr gig URL?

For 99% of sellers, it'll probably look something like this:

This URL is actually generated from your gig title the moment you hit publish on a new gig. It can also never be changed.

If you want something shorter and more memorable — which always helps with promoting your gig outside of Fiverr's platform — you'll need to use a little hack when you first create your gigs.

In the gig title field, write as few words as possible (minimum is 4) that accurately describes your gig.

Here's an example:

The "I will" part won't be included in the URL, so in this case, the end result will end up looking like this:

Now isn't that a more a favorable URL?

As soon as you publish your gig, you can then go back in and edit your gig title to something more appropriate.

It's such a seemingly small difference but it adds another level professionalism to your approach that the overwhelming majority of Fiverr sellers are still oblivious to.​
Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by adedamola2070(m): 5:11am On Mar 25, 2019
2. Use Keyword Modifiers To Get More Exposure On New Gigs
I'm a strong believer that when it comes to naming your gigs... shorter, punchier gig titles are the way to go.

In the early weeks (and sometimes months) of a new gig, however, you'll likely struggle to get much visibility as Fiverr slowly gathers data on your gigs performance.

One way around this problem is to use keyword modifiers as they tend to be FAR less competitive than the obvious head terms.

Let me explain:

If someone types "modern logo" into Fiverr's search box, the search algorithm has to decide which of the 3,951 results to show on the results page.

That's gonna be a tight squeeze for a brand new, unproven gig.

On the other hand, if someone types "modern logo 24 hrs" into the search box, you're only competing against 986 results, which gives you a MUCH better chance of actually making the cut.

The great thing about this approach is that you can STILL rank for those head terms because they still a part of your gig title, so you only stand to gain.

Here are a list of other gig modifiers you can experiment with:

"24 hours"
"fast"
"unique"
"custom"
"bespoke"
"2018"
"using illustrator"
"using photoshop"
"with after effects"
One more thing:

These are very niche specific so it's worth doing the research (like I did in the screenshots above) to see which modifiers narrow down your competition, as not all of them will.
Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by adedamola2070(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
3. Eliminate Competition By Niching Down Your Gigs (The Right Way!)
This might seem like another angle on the last tip, but it's different in the sense that it actually changes your gig's fundamental offer.

Most people understand the idea of niching down — in that you're targeting a smaller subset of a bigger market — but few people (especially on Fiverr) seem to execute on this properly.

I'll explain this one using the "Article & Blog Posts" subcategory.

The screenshot above conveniently highlights one of the first mistakes I see people making on this platform — assuming that Fiverr's subcategories are niches.

News flash: they're not.

The truth is, these subcategories contain thousands, if not tens of thousands of listings, and so creating a gig that offers "article & blog writing services" will put you up against 100% of the sellers in that subcategory.

That's a guaranteed way to #fail on Fiverr.

Instead, you need to go deeper into a subcategory to identify where clients are really spending their money — and this another area I consistently see Fiverr sellers drop the ball.

The idea isn't to guess your way into a profitable niche, but to identify top selling gigs by looking at the correlating data. In the case of Fiverr, the closest data we have is the number of reviews a gig has.

Note: From my experience, around 60% of clients who order on Fiverr will leave a review, so you can almost double the number of reviews to get a rough idea of how many orders a specific gig has amassed.

There's no magic formula for this, it's simply a case of navigating into your chosen subcategory and noting down (or favoriting) any gigs with a significant number of reviews.

The more pages you sift through, the bigger your sample size and the better your understanding will be of what actually SELLS.

Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by Teekzel(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2019
Following
Re: Make Money On Fiverr: Superb Tips To Optimize & Promote Your Fiverr Gigs In 2019 by kanayorr(m): 6:32am On Dec 17, 2022
Following

(1) (Reply)

Start Your Multi-Million Dollar Brand Today: Get An Incentive Instantly / Make 200k Or More Online Monthly Doing Simple Tasks. / Do You Have A Great Business Idea? Let's Talk!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.