Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz (21766 Views)

Who Can Guide Me Get Google Adsense Approval In My Blog / I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? / Who Can Guide Me In Blogging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
WOLEMENTO:

u ryt brother like me am a blogger i got a great content sometime the news i posted on my site hardly can u see it on any site there is even a gist about a model in america i posted on my site it take lindaikeji 24hours to post it on his site infact am feed up have start lossing attention on my blog i tink music will be okay since i have the talent

guy i advise u do both .like me apart from blogging am into movie written.. though AdSense no dey pay for now..i believe god will put smile on my face someday....

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Benagreen:
please will you coach me in blogging, I just started blogging early last month, but it is beginning to feel like "the more you look, the less you see". I need those with experience to put me through.
My domian is www.priceloaded.com
You have a good domain that has opened the wide doors of affiliate marketing for you...
You don't necessary need to write blog posts..
Here are options from me...
1. Make the website a price comparison site and earn via affiliate marketing, businesses can pay you to list their sites among affordable options

2. Make it a price listing price where daily products and their latest prices are updates. you earn via ads, business listing(directory)

3. Make it a cost of living in Nigeria or all countries in west Africa type of site..
you earn via affiliate marketing and ads.

Stop those most expensive perfume, broom posts.. Your titles don't look SEO friendly too...
This my little twist to your niche...

4 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by sumaia1122(f): 6:02am On Mar 27, 2019
What is Local SEO?[url] [/url]

SEO full meaning is“Search Engine Optimization”.It is an incredibly effective way to market your local business online. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for them online.Local SEO is a strategy and process to optimize a site or pages on your site to show for organic queries in the search engines where the intent of the searcher is to find local information.

Why do we need SEO?

# To increase the search visibility of the site
# One of the absolutely essential channels for a new site
# SEO for a well established brand is far easier
# Awareness starts with search in the online context
social media marketing

HOW CAN WE SEO AT LOCAL SEARCH ENGINES

To thrive in local search, you need to do three things: optimize your Google My Business account, improve your on-page SEO by updating your website, and excel on the World Wide Web. While it might sound overwhelming, it’s entirely feasible to succeed in all three with some patience and perseverance. Stick with us, and we’ll explore each one in-depth.
Optimize for Google My Business
Google My Business has become a local search -- since Google understandably feels most comfortable sharing content it can support and verify, Google My Business is their tool to help your business meet Google’s needs. If Google can verify your business as authentic, it will potentially reward your business with a coveted sidebar space in Google local search.
To ensure you’re optimized for Google My Business, you’ll want to create and verify a Google My Business page, use Google Posts within your account, encourage your customers to share reviews online, and respond authentically to reviews, specifying location. For example, “We appreciate your feedback on [product/service] in [city, state]. We value your input and look forward to working with you again. Thank you from the [full company name] team.”
To learn more about using Google My Business, check out our full post here.
Website Updates
Now that we’ve discussed optimizing your business for Google My Business, let’s take a look at five simple website updates to improve your local SEO.
1. Improve Internal Linking Structure
Although external links pointing to your site are ideal (which I’ll discuss soon), adjusting your internal linking structure will also boost your SEO rankings.
Why does internal linking matter? It does the following:
• Supports website navigation
• Assists with information architecture and website hierarchy
• Distributes page authority and ranking power among pages
If you want to improve your internal linking structure but aren’t sure where to start, check out Kiss metrics’ The Seven Commandments of Internal Linking for Top-Notch SEO.

2. Optimize URL, Title Tags, Headers, Meta Description, and Content

When it comes to content, every new blog post is a new indexed page for your site, a new page on which to target a geographic search phrase, and a new opportunity to get found in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Every time you write a piece of content, you need to optimize the content for search engines by using high-volume keywords in the URL, title, header, meta description, and body. If you're having trouble coming up with geo-targeted content, consider highlighting customer success stories and case studies.
3. Add Location Pages to your Website
If you have more than one brick and mortar location, create location pages. Location pages provide readers with your NAP, store hours, unique store descriptions, parking/transit information, promotions, testimonials from happy customers, and more. It's also important you avoid duplicating content across multiple location pages. For single location businesses, create a locally descriptive About Us page. You’ll get big time bonus points if you add a Google Map to your website on your respective location page(s).

4. Create Local Content

Google continues to get smarter, which means content creators are now able to truly write for users, not search engines. But while writing about general topics will attract a wide crowd, sometimes it’s more important to hone your focus and write about local or industry news to attract a local audience. Be the local authority for your industry by promoting local industry gatherings, news, employees, and other educational content on your blog. Think of top-of-the-funnel content that goes beyond what your business sells.
For example, if you're a local security company and you’re trying to attract businesses that are new to the area, create a helpful resource to get these businesses well-acquainted with your city. A map of local service providers or a calendar of city-wide events could both provide value for your persona and contain highly relevant on-page local signals.
5. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly

Local search and mobile search go hand in hand (nine out of ten smartphone users conduct local searches on their devices!). Some of the most common ways people will use your site in a mobile environment is to look up reviews, find directions to your location, and search for contact information. Make it easy for your prospects and customers by making your site mobile-friendly.
Engage with Directories and the World Wide Web
You’ve learned how to optimize your business for Google My Business and how to update your website for an internal SEO boost -- now, let’s take a look at how you can use NAP consistency, directories, and inbound links to take your business one step closer to that number one spot on local search.
Name, Address, Phone Consistency
You've got to make it easy for people and search engines to find you. To do this, set up your NAP, which stands for name, address, and phone number (with area code). This should be included as crawlable HTML text on your site.Avoid the common mistake of only including the NAP within an image -- images can’t be crawled from search engines like HTML text. The most common location for the NAP is in the footer or header of the site.
Optimize Online Directories and Citations
For United States companies, these four map data aggregators provide a large amount of the map data for Apple, Yelp, Bing, Google+ local, Trip Advisor, and more.
Thanks a lot all for reading my Local SEO Guideline and best wishes for all. social media marketing
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Benagreen: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
fighal:
You have a good domain that has opened the wide doors of affiliate marketing for you...
1. Make the website a price comparison site and earn via affiliate marketing, businesses can pay you to list their sites among affordable options

2. Make it a price listing price where daily products and their latest prices are updates. you earn via ads, business listing(directory)

3. Make it a cost of living in Nigeria or all countries in west Africa type of site..

Stop those most expensive perfume, broom posts.. Your titles don't look SEO friendly too...
OK, thanks Bro for your tips, At first I wanted to use the broom and purfume posts to drive a little traffic to the site. I won't try that again, Thanks to You.
About your suggestions I will like you to elaborate on them, maybe we can chat personal, I am still new and I learnt everything I know in blogging online by watching videos and reading articles.

I will like talk to You personally. You can drop your Number here I will reach you.. Or instead you can reach me via call or WhatsApp on 08169762825.

Thanks Once again.
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
TechCapon:
stop deceiving yourself. Success does not come with hard work. It comes by grace. You're on this forum where a video of a small girl went viral on Instagram and today she's dining out with Governor. Which hard work did she do ?
Is that your definition of success? TechCapon, I'm disappointed. We shall define her success when we meet her ten years from now! What she will become will define whether or not she is successful. When was the last time you heard of Olajumoke the bread seller? Her breakthrough was also defined as success.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by WOLEMENTO(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
Baleeson:

guy i advise u do both .like me apart from blogging am into movie written.. though AdSense no dey pay for now..i believe god will put smile on my face someday....
thanks bro
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by CuriousX: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Baleeson:

You want to sell your adsense?
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by CuriousX: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2019
WOLEMENTO:

u ryt brother like me am a blogger i got a great content sometime the news i posted on my site hardly can u see it on any site there is even a gist about a model in america i posted on my site it take lindaikeji 24hours to post it on his site infact am feed up have start lossing attention on my blog i tink music will be okay since i have the talent
You want to sell your adsense?
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Tyche(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2019
Elxandre:

No vex o. I just have to say it.

You want to succeed in Blogging, but you refused to work on your Grammar?
Come on man!

grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by samojay20(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2019
IzzyyUnique:

Oga! Abeg, I dey find person to teach me yahoo Yahoo o. . . .

Na play i dey play oo grin grin
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by ItzChinnex(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
Rosarie:
What you need is another job
Blogging has become too common
Three years doing no money
Nigeria is not going forward
Accept reality
Linda became popular beamcause at the time there was no internet
So when internet came her face was fresh and new .
Now everything has been commonized
Out of ten blogger none makes it
Even the Linda go and check how many comments she sees.
For her to have more comments she brings in her personal life
The only way u can blow in blogging
Do something controversial
Na that one Nigerians want ;which is your market base
If not get a job

Not true bro... Linda get millions of visitors and earn largely... Don't judge my comments bro. I also own a blog with no much comments but I earn 30 to 40 pounds per day..
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Champjar: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2019
Please is it possible to get a free domain and hosting. If yes How...I was at a summit and I heard it..pls help out
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by successincentiv(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
You really need to be patient. That's one of the important virtue every online entrepreneur should have.

Apart from that, you've been working hard. Its time to work smart. Go get a mentor
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Champjar: 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2019
Champjar:
Please is it possible to get a free domain and hosting. If yes How...I was at a summit and I heard it..pls help out
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by 6Milk(m): 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
davimus:
can you mentor me on blogging?
#Game4intellectuals you haven't honor the challenge yet
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by izzyboi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
fighal:

Hello
I'm thinking of leaving blogging
what can I do with the domain of www.listdorm.com
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
TechCapon:
stop deceiving yourself. Success does not come with hard work. It comes by grace. You're on this forum where a video of a small girl went viral on Instagram and today she's dining out with Governor. Which hard work did she do ?

In my book that’s not grace. That’s luck.

Yeah sure, she went viral but that’s not replicable.

Odds of anyone going viral is close to zero.

Sure people win the lottery but that’s no way to plan to make money.

Hard work is the common theme behind all replicable success. Key word here: replicable.

Replicable success is what everyone’s focus should be on.

Why?:

That’s in your control.

Going viral isn’t.

That said, hard work doesn’t guarantee success. A dose of luck is needed sometimes.

I don’t know how dining with a governor counts as financial success. I’m lost.

Yeah, maybe she would be showered with gifts or media attention but that has nothing to do with what the OP is trying to achieve. OP wants a sustainable path to financial dependence.
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2019
Here’s my advice for all those fiddling with blogs to make money.

First, a blog is not a business.

It’s a distribution channel.

A blog should act as way to funnel people to your business.

If you own a local business and you share flyers in your neighborhood to promote your business you wouldn’t say you are in the flyer business would you?

Take Adsense To The Backyard And Shoot It In The Head:

Forget Adsense.

Adsense or any other form of ad monetization is the worst way to make money online.

Why are you making things hard on yourself bro?

If you’re relying on ads for online income as an average internet marketer you are dumb as Bleep. You owe your math teacher in school an apology.

The traffic levels to make ads work for you can’t be done by 99.9% of you.

You can point to Linda all you like but for every Linda there are thousands of others that have failed to replicate her success.

Do the math.

Average conversion payout on a clicked ad on your site is $0.1. That’s a lot of traffic you will need to stack cash even with a 5% conversation rate.

Side note: Most successful internet marketer will sacrifice a goat to the gods of the internet if they can get a 1% conversion rate on their offers.

Forget ads. That’s for the dumbwits.

So what should you do?

Forget starting a business or optimizing an online business model or any of the the latest fad your online guru is promoting.

Here’s the most straight forward way to make money online:

Learn a skill > sell that skill.

Kapish.

Do both sides of the equation well and you will line your pockets with dineros.

While you are struggling with ads on your blog and shuffling pixels around, Nigerians are banking $30,000 per month on Upwork.

Granted that’s not easy. It’s straight forward and simple.

I use to blog like a mad man.

I made cash.

But I was playing in the small league until I learned a skill and started selling it.

I closed an industrial consultant last Friday for a website redesign and I’m hosting their new site tomorrow.

I got a wire transfer of 450k(play money) this week.

Like a boss.

That’s a lot of ad clicks to catch up.

Pick a high ROI skill (a skill as close to the money as possible) and offer that skill to businesses.

There are a lot of freelance platforms that have done the job for you by aggregating potential clients. So you don’t even need to do any marketing. Just send good proposals and make bank.

If you doubt any of this just go search on google: Top earning Nigerian freelancers.

Click on an Upwork link so you get the data straight from the birds mouth.

I went for a freelance meetup (sorry you can’t get in unless you are banking $10,000/month) yesterday and the least earning person in the room was doing $15k dollars a month.

I’m talking verified earnings.

This is not a cake work. If you’re doing backflips already settle down and calm your tits.

It’s load of hard work.

The reason why a lot of people don’t follow this route is because they are lazy mofos.

They want to sit at home in their pajamas and write stupid blogs filled with eye scratching sentences constructed in a language they call English.

Go learn how to code? Oh no, that’s too hard.

Go learn app dev? Gee, I’m a dumb donut, how am I suppose to learn that?

Go learn copywriting? Dude, what’s copywriting?

Here’s the news flash:

If you’re struggling to make money, soaking garri everyday and generally just frustrated with life, here’s why life is hard for you:

YOU HAVE NO SKILL!

The difference between the guys that rule and conquer the world and those that are street bums are skills. One group of people have them in abundance. The others? They can’t learn a skill out of a wet paper bag.

You want to make money online?

Sell that good for nothing blog. Let the domain name/hosting run out. Never install Wordpress ever in your life!

You think Dangote is fiddling around with blogs?

You think Mark Essien has time for SEO.

You think Jason Njokwu is writing yet another TOP 10 Celebrity blog posts?!

Oh please.

Stop being a sissy and go learn a high ROI skill and sell that to businesses.

That’s it.

You don’t need any money to do this. So that’s the excuse of ‘but I’m very poor’ thrown in the bin.

All the worlds knowledge is on that thing you carry around snap chatting and retweeting yet another Davido’s jet living life.

I started a challenge this year to show people how simple this was if you apply yourself.

The challenge was to make $1000 per month from scratch again within a year Freelancing.

I deleted all my freelance accounts so I could replicate a total noob/beginner.

And...

I surpassed the income goal I set for myself.

I got three remote jobs with companies in India, an Independent Aussie and a firm in Germany.

Some of the people that followed my thread and the challenge did amaze balls things just in few months as total beginners.

Here’s the caveat though:

Many people focus on marketing, ideas, business models, the latest hacks, spamming and all sort of external stuff when they are trying to make money.

A billionaire (in Naira) mentor of mine gave me one advice I have found to be bulletproof if you want to get to the pinnacle of life:

Invert what most people do.

Most people >>> external (a focus on things outside of themselves. Things not in their control).

You (the warrior) >>>> internal (focus on yourself)

The trick to make this work is to shift your mentality inward. Focus on the skill (whatever it is you run with) you are learning and be very good at it.

Instead of spending 1 hour learning the skill and 10 hours promoting yourself or doing external stuff, reverse that process.

Spend 10 hours learning the skill and 1 hour doing any other shitty thing.

My point:

Pour all your energy on getting absolutely good at what you learn. Becoming totally world class at it.

When I first started my freelance journey I picked copywriting to start with.

You know what I use to do?

I use to write 20 copies everyday. Every damn day! Told you this wasn’t a cake walk.

Everyday I take a pen and notebook.

I go online.

I find anything that rubbed my emotions in a good way. Anything that made me want to click an article. Anything that made me want to buy something. Anything I read that made me go ‘wow’.

I took that thing and I copied it word for word on my notepad. I was internalizing how it was written.

I did this so I could also write that way.

So I could make people do what it is I want them to do.

That’s what Copywriting is about.

Whatever skill you pick, have the same sort of devotion toward that skill.

Here’s what happens after:

There’s something about humans.

We know quality when we see it.

We are drawn to Quality.

We will open our wallets and splurge any amount when we see good stuff.

Look at a Lamborghini.

Have you ever seen their ad on Tv or them blabbering on a radio? Have you seen any of their banner ads online?

But if I were to ask you what car you would absolutely get if you had all the money in the world, I bet a Lamborghini will be top on your list.

Or a Ferrari.

Or a Benz.

Or a fucking amazing car.

You know why?:

It’s quality!

These brands shifted the focus internally.

They focused on their craft and inwardly.

They made mad cars and let that do the talking.

You must do the same.

Do great work and money will find you.

I became so good at moving people’s emotion that I barely sell and people throw money at me?

You know why?

They saw my work and just knew they wanted it.

Quality.

I’m doing the same to you now.

I write comments and threads on Nairaland like this.

And you know what happens?:

My email goes off!

People start calling me a god.

They want to work with and for me.

They want me to Mentor them.

They want to give me their money.

That’s because I have focused on my craft. Been doing this for 5 years. I have never sold a day In my life and I get more work than I know what to do with them.

I’m saying all this for two reasons:

1 To brag.

2. To show you the possibilities when you take a similar approach.

Go get a job at an eatery or whatever that pays for your living expenses.

Then pick a skill. Not just any skill.

A skill that makes people money or get them laid.

Those are the only skills worth learning.

The closer the skill to money the better.

So article writing < running Facebook ads.

Then hone your craft. Go full throttle on that skill.

Your goal is to be the Ferrari of your market.

Start selling from day one.

Apply to job boards.

Freelance platforms.

Learn how to send cold emails.

Promote yourself on social media.

Your mentality too matters.

Your goal is to provide people with value. Solve people’s problems. Not to make money.

Solve problems and money will take care of itself.

I see a lot of nonsense about people looking to make money online.

You don’t make money.

You can’t.

Unless you have a money making machine at home (cut me in if you do).

So what do you do then?

You take money.

All the money in the world is in people’s bank account. Yours and mine.

(Unpopular opinion: Not even God can give you money literally. Unless you want him to take it from someone else and deposit it in your pocket. He doesn’t have any).

The only way to have some of that money for yourself is to

1) Rob them

2) Give them some sort of value in exchange for money.

We are no thieves (if you are, get thee behind me) so option 1 is out.

Behind every product or service is an offer (the results).

The results is what you should sell.

Dont sell the product or the service.

Most people > Hey buy my suit.

You > Everyone I sell this suit to goes back home with a 10/10 girl from the club. Want one?

Focus on getting results for your initial customers.

For example take web design as a skill:

Is not enough to just redesign a website.

No one wants a website.

They want sales.

The website is the product.

Sales is the offer and results.

Remember the industrial client I told you about?

I designed a website for their competitor last year.

They used the site to close LNG as client! Got a long term contract signed with them. (Talk about results!)

That’s why they chased me down to get their own website redesigned too so they can get a result like that.

Be confident in your abilities to provide results.

I see this a lot from people.

For some reason they lack the believe that they can get results for others.

Guys, that’s all that matters.

This is why I said you most go full throttle on your skill so you get to a level where you are so good at it that you provide results for people.

I learned Copy.

I use my copy to close big clients on freelance platforms even as a Nigerian (infamous online).

I get a response almost every time and get hired(results).

I created a small email list where I then sold my proposals for all those that were pestering me to write one for them.

My proposals sell like hot cakes.

You know why?

They get results.

Without results you are nothing.

Another way you can do this:

Start personal projects.

Say you want to learn SEO.

Pick SEO as a skill.

Rank a couple of websites on the first page.

Do this until you succeed.

When you succeed, sell that to people.

Watch as you line your pockets with dineros!

This is how you make money!

If you’ve been struggling here’s your problem:

You have no skills.

If you have skills, you have no demonstrable results.

That’s it!

Go get both!

P.S. sorry for the long rant and all the typos. I was typing from my phone (acting up a bit)

4 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by TechCapon(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
fighal:

yeah you seem to know a lot about blogging. You have a blog?
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nichesiteseo:
Here’s my advice for all those fiddling with blogs to make money.

First, a blog is not a business.

It’s a distribution channel.

A blog should act as way to funnel people to your business.

If you own a local business and you share flyers in your neighborhood to promote your business you wouldn’t say you are in the flyer business would you?

Take Adsense To The Backyard And Shoot It In The Head:

Forget Adsense.

Adsense or any other form of ad monetization is the worst way to make money online.

Why are you making things hard on yourself bro?

If you’re relying on ads for online income as an average internet marketer you are dumb as Bleep. You owe your math teacher in school an apology.

The traffic levels to make ads work for you can’t be done by 99.9% of you.

You can point to Linda all you like but for every Linda there are thousands of others that have failed to replicate her success.

Do the math.

Average conversion payout on a clicked ad on your site is $0.1. That’s a lot of traffic you will need to stack cash even with a 5% conversation rate.

Side note: Most successful internet marketer will sacrifice a goat to the gods of the internet if they can get a 1% conversion rate on their offers.

Forget ads. That’s for the dumbwits.

So what should you do?

Forget starting a business or optimizing an online business model or any of the the latest fad your online guru is promoting.

Here’s the most straight forward way to make money online:

Learn a skill > sell that skill.

Kapish.

Do both sides of the equation well and you will line your pockets with dineros.

While you are struggling with ads on your blog and shuffling pixels around, Nigerians are banking $30,000 per month on Upwork.

Granted that’s not easy. It’s straight forward and simple.

I use to blog like a mad man.

I made cash.

But I was playing in the small league until I learned a skill and started selling it.

I closed an industrial consultant last Friday for a website redesign and I’m hosting their new site tomorrow.

I got a wire transfer of 450k(play money) this week.

Like a boss.

That’s a lot of ad clicks to catch up.

Pick a high ROI skill (a skill as close to the money as possible) and offer that skill to businesses.

There are a lot of freelance platforms that have done the job for you by aggregating potential clients. So you don’t even need to do any marketing. Just send good proposals and make bank.

If you doubt any of this just go search on google: Top earning Nigerian freelancers.

Click on an Upwork link so you get the data straight from the birds mouth.

I went for a freelance meetup (sorry you can’t get in unless you are banking $10,000/month) yesterday and the least earning person in the room was doing $15k dollars a month.

I’m talking verified earnings.

This is not a cake work. If you’re doing backflips already settle down and calm your tits.

It’s load of hard work.

The reason why a lot of people don’t follow this route is because they are lazy mofos.

They want to sit at home in their pajamas and write stupid blogs filled with eye scratching sentences constructed in a language they call English.

Go learn how to code? Oh no, that’s too hard.

Go learn app dev? Gee, I’m a dumb donut, how am I suppose to learn that?

Go learn copywriting? Dude, what’s copywriting?

Here’s the news flash:

If you’re struggling to make money, soaking garri everyday and generally just frustrated with life, here’s why life is hard for you:

YOU HAVE NO SKILL!

The difference between the guys that rule and conquer the world and those that are street bums are skills. One group of people have them in abundance. The others? They can’t learn a skill out of a wet paper bag.

You want to make money online?

Sell that good for nothing blog. Let the domain name/hosting run out. Never install Wordpress ever in your life!

You think Dangote is fiddling around with blogs?

You think Mark Essien has time for SEO.

You think Jason Njokwu is writing yet another TOP 10 Celebrity blog posts?!

Oh please.

Stop being a sissy and go learn a high ROI skill and sell that to businesses.

That’s it.

You don’t need any money to do this. So that’s the excuse of ‘but I’m very poor’ thrown in the bin.

All the worlds knowledge is on that thing you carry around snap chatting and retweeting yet another Davido’s jet living life.

I started a challenge this year to show people how simple this was if you apply yourself.

The challenge was to make $1000 per month from scratch again within a year Freelancing.

I deleted all my freelance accounts so I could replicate a total noob/beginner.

And...

I surpassed the income goal I set for myself.

I got three remote jobs with companies in India, an Independent Aussie and a firm in Germany.

Some of the people that followed my thread and the challenge did amaze balls things just in few months as total beginners.

Here’s the caveat though:

Many people focus on marketing, ideas, business models, the latest hacks, spamming and all sort of external stuff when they are trying to make money.

A billionaire (in Naira) mentor of mine gave me one advice I have found to be bulletproof if you want to get to the pinnacle of life:

Invert what most people do.

Most people >>> external (a focus on things outside of themselves. Things not in their control).

You (the warrior) >>>> internal (focus on yourself)

The trick to make this work is to shift your mentality inward. Focus on the skill (whatever it is you run with) you are learning and be very good at it.

Instead of spending 1 hour learning the skill and 10 hours promoting yourself or doing external stuff, reverse that process.

Spend 10 hours learning the skill and 1 hour doing any other shitty thing.

My point:

Pour all your energy on getting absolutely good at what you learn. Becoming totally world class at it.

When I first started my freelance journey I picked copywriting to start with.

You know what I use to do?

I use to write 20 copies everyday. Every damn day! Told you this wasn’t a cake walk.

Everyday I take a pen and notebook.

I go online.

I find anything that rubbed my emotions in a good way. Anything that made me want to click an article. Anything that made me want to buy something. Anything I read that made me go ‘wow’.

I took that thing and I copied it word for word on my notepad. I was internalizing how it was written.

I did this so I could also write that way.

So I could make people do what it is I want them to do.

That’s what Copywriting is about.

Whatever skill you pick, have the same sort of devotion toward that skill.

Here’s what happens after:

There’s something about humans.

We know quality when we see it.

We are drawn to Quality.

We will open our wallets and splurge any amount when we see good stuff.

Look at a Lamborghini.

Have you ever seen their ad on Tv or them blabbering on a radio? Have you seen any of their banner ads online?

But if I were to ask you what car you would absolutely get if you had all the money in the world, I bet a Lamborghini will be top on your list.

Or a Ferrari.

Or a Benz.

Or a fucking amazing car.

You know why?:

It’s quality!

These brands shifted the focus internally.

They focused on their craft and inwardly.

They made mad cars and let that do the talking.

You must do the same.

Do great work and money will find you.

I became so good at moving people’s emotion that I barely sell and people throw money at me?

You know why?

They saw my work and just knew they wanted it.

Quality.

I’m doing the same to you now.

I write comments and threads on Nairaland like this.

And you know what happens?:

My email goes off!

People start calling me a god.

They want to work with and for me.

They want me to Mentor them.

They want to give me their money.

That’s because I have focused on my craft. Been doing this for 5 years. I have never sold a day In my life and I get more work than I know what to do with them.

I’m saying all this for two reasons:

1 To brag.

2. To show you the possibilities when you take a similar approach.

Go get a job at an eatery or whatever that pays for your living expenses.

Then pick a skill. Not just any skill.

A skill that makes people money or get them laid.

Those are the only skills worth learning.

The closer the skill to money the better.

So article writing < running Facebook ads.

Then hone your craft. Go full throttle on that skill.

Your goal is to be the Ferrari of your market.

Start selling from day one.

Apply to job boards.

Freelance platforms.

Learn how to send cold emails.

Promote yourself on social media.

Your mentality too matters.

Your goal is to provide people with value. Solve people’s problems. Not to make money.

Solve problems and money will take care of itself.

I see a lot of nonsense about people looking to make money online.

You don’t make money.

You can’t.

Unless you have a money making machine at home (cut me in if you do).

So what do you do then?

You take money.

All the money in the world is in people’s bank account. Yours and mine.

(Unpopular opinion: Not even God can give you money literally. Unless you want him to take it from someone else and deposit it in your pocket. He doesn’t have any).

The only way to have some of that money for yourself is to

1) Rob them

2) Give them some sort of value in exchange for money.

We are no thieves (if you are, get thee behind me) so option 1 is out.

Behind every product or service is an offer (the results).

The results is what you should sell.

Dont sell the product or the service.

Most people > Hey buy my suit.

You > Everyone I sell this suit to goes back home with a 10/10 girl from the club. Want one?

Focus on getting results for your initial customers.

For example take web design as a skill:

Is not enough to just redesign a website.

No one wants a website.

They want sales.

The website is the product.

Sales is the offer and results.

Remember the industrial client I told you about?

I designed a website for their competitor last year.

They used the site to close LNG as client! Got a long term contract signed with them. (Talk about results!)

That’s why they chased me down to get their own website redesigned too so they can get a result like that.

Be confident in your abilities to provide results.

I see this a lot from people.

For some reason they lack the believe that they can get results for others.

Guys, that’s all that matters.

This is why I said you most go full throttle on your skill so you get to a level where you are so good at it that you provide results for people.

I learned Copy.

I use my copy to close big clients on freelance platforms even as a Nigerian (infamous online).

I get a response almost every time and get hired(results).

I created a small email list where I then sold my proposals for all those that were pestering me to write one for them.

My proposals sell like hot cakes.

You know why?

They get results.

Without results you are nothing.

Another way you can do this:

Start personal projects.

Say you want to learn SEO.

Pick SEO as a skill.

Rank a couple of websites on the first page.

Do this until you succeed.

When you succeed, sell that to people.

Watch as you line your pockets with dineros!

This is how you make money!

If you’ve been struggling here’s your problem:

You have no skills.

If you have skills, you have no demonstrable results.

That’s it!

Go get both!

P.S. sorry for the long rant and all the typos. I was typing from my phone (acting up a bit)

Kai! I really love people that can do wonders with words.
How do I start learning app development? Any hints?

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Intellab(m): 1:53am On Sep 01, 2019
Nothing works well in online business than CPA or selling/reselling a service.
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 30, 2019
TechCapon:
yeah you seem to know a lot about blogging. You have a blog?
I had
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 30, 2019
izzyboi:

Hello
I'm thinking of leaving blogging
what can I do with the domain of www.listdorm.com
It would be best suited for a rental classified ads site targeted at universities and poly students. The word "dorm" stands for dormitory... You get the idea.
Sorry for late reply
Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by izzyboi(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
fighal:
It would be best suited for a rental classified ads site targeted at universities and poly students. The word "dorm" stands for dormitory... You get the idea.
Sorry for late reply

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz by kiekie1(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2019
XMAS SALES BY SMARTCELL! DONT MISS OUT!!

(1) Monbat 200a 12v made in EU fta die-hard batteries (June/July manufactured) ... 116,000 per unit , 115k 4 upwards !

(2) USA Trojan 12v 205a die-hard deep cycle batteries fresh from the oven .... 170,000 160000 for two units upwards

(3) Durable Made in China Oliter 12v 200a agm battery ... 92,000 per unit , 90k for two units upwards

(4) Morningstar 45a mppt charge controller ... 140,000

(5) Morningstar 60a mppt charge controller ....190,000

(6) Schneider 1.5kva 24v solar inverter ...... 68000 per unit , 66000 two units above

(7) Set of foreign solar panel roof mounts which can take up to 4 units of 300 to 400w panels ... 28,000

(cool Quanta amaron 200a white carton battery ... 122000 per unit , 120000 for two upwards

What are you still waiting for ??

PLACE YOUR ORDERS NOW !!!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SMTP Server: How Do I Unblock A Blacklisted IP Address? / Who Else Have Noticed That Some Sites Don't Open On Chrome? / Mark Zuckerberg Launches Tools To Fight Revenge Porn On Facebook And Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.