Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

How I Was Ripped Off At Namecheap: I'm I The Only One Facing This? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Was Ripped Off At Namecheap: I'm I The Only One Facing This? (1004 Views)

Where I'm I Getting It Wrong?? Help Me! / Buying A Domain From Namecheap With GTB Naira Mastercard. / Namecheap Coupon Codes Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Ripped Off At Namecheap: I'm I The Only One Facing This? by WordpressPhysco: 9:03am On Mar 25, 2019
Read this on case you want to how to buy the best professional domain name for your business website, cheap.

When we talk of cheap, what comes to your mind? Low price means cheap? Well, it is not.

Cheap here means by knowledge and experience, I have found an alternative or the best solution which is not popular.

That I have a company and do not buy the idea of branding, and my competitor that does, does not mean my product isn’t better. For more on Branding, read the[b] “Coca-Cola Way by Mark Pendergrast”.[/b]

Okay, so how do you get the best professional name for your business website? I know what you think, let’s go to Namecheap. I guess you’ve failed this time because it isn’t Namecheap.

No doubts, Namecheap has given more in terms of branding and they deserve to be popular but do not talk of the rip off they include during a checkout.

This year, I saw that a Business name I wanted was $8, I wasn’t angry, I agreed to pay. What happened? At the end of the day I never paid that $0.8, I paid $3 more.

NameCheap vs NameSilo[center][/center]

NameSilo

Namesilo came on board in 2009 and since then has been making all the difference we do not notice.

NameCheap

NameCheap came on board around 2001 and since then mixed reactions and results have been obtained - from my experiences.

NameCheap Formation
NameCheap uses a formation of 343. Meaning, your website can be on and off without you knowing about it. Again, you can be ripped off when you want to pay the final amount for your domain business name.

NameSilo Formation

If your website name costs $7, then it is $7.

Final Notes

I am not here to condemn no company because if you were to be in their shoe, it gets complex. Be it as it may, that does not mean I should be reaped off..

How do I know this?

Recently I bought name cheap on Friday (22nd March 2019) and mainnnn, I was charged $9.06

But this morning, GTB said, in Naira, N3,306.90.

For me, this is ridiculous.

A client I did a work for bought his domain at Namesilo and it cost only N2,300.

[img]https://imgur.com/ZZV2mve[/img]

So guys, if you want to get a cheap domain.com, (not .ng embarassed) you might want to go to namesilo…

But, was this rather the handwork of Namecheap or GTB?

Disclosure:

#No affiliate Benefits

I am only writing this to benefit us. I have learned a hard lesson using some companies over the years.

See some of my experiences below.

#1. https://www.nairaland.com/5089091/how-business-died-hand-nigerian

#2. https://www.nairaland.com/5097224/what-responsive-website-means-business
Re: How I Was Ripped Off At Namecheap: I'm I The Only One Facing This? by Julius2214(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2019
I use namesilo for my domains. Namecheap is just cheap for hosting.

But we can't really say namecheap domain are costly though, considering the price from other registrars, that ranges from 10 to 15 dollars.

To save more, namesilo is a go. Their dot-com domain as at now costs 6.99 dollars. I even know of a popular Nigerian host that resell domain from them.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use A VPN Or Change IP Address On Google Chrome / Cpanel's Price Hike: How May That Affect You As A Host Or Enduser? / Jettheme Premium Blogger Template Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.