Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

How To Make Money With Content Locking - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money With Content Locking (3889 Views)

RENEC Miners: Check RENEC Locking And Unlocking - RENEC Launches In October / Struggling To Come Up With Content? Here's What You Need / Locking Your Gtb Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money With Content Locking by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2019
MAKE SERIOUS MONEY LOCKING CONTENTS ON YOUR SITE

Content locking is like placing a fence over your contents, your users have to perform a required action before they could gain access to your content. In most cases content locking are applied in blog posts to grow social media followings or build email list. Fortunately this method can be used to make money from your blog too. Instead of asking your users to like your social media accounts or asking them to sign up to your email list, you could actually ask them to complete an offer to get the content(s) unlocked. Be careful not to abuse this method as it could easily turn visitors off if you used it on the wrong niches, if your contents are not unique.

Content locking is a form of CPA, we talked more about CPA in our blog monetization strategy post. CPA marketing in a nutshell involves driving traffic to a particular offer and getting paid each time your traffic completes the required actions. The required action could be submitting their email address, phone number, zip code or even credit card details. It could also be app, games and software downloads. Traditional way of earning from CPA is through creating a landing page, and sending the visitors of your landing page straight to your offer page. This method pays higher but conversion rate is very low, especially when you use a free traffic method. Content locking was introduced for sites with good traffic and great content to easily increase their earnings by locking their important contents with a CPA locker; visitors to these sites have to complete the required action to unlock the contents they came for. From past experiences in content locking monetization strategies, this type of monetization works well for download sites. People would easily complete an offer to get access to download a particular comic book, to download music they can’t easily find online, to download paid products for free, and to download courses, the list goes on. People would do anything to get something they are supposed to pay for that you are offering for free. That’s the catch here; understand this principle and everything would work for your good. Do note that 99% of CPA networks don’t allow Adult or gambling related contents/products to be locked.

HOW DO YOU START LOCKING YOUR CONTENTS
Action time, after getting to know what CPA content locking entails, it’s time to take action and apply the knowledge gained to lock your first content. So let’s get acting.
The first step to take is to apply for an account with a CPA network; there are over hundred CPA Networks out there. For this tutorial we would be using one of the best content locking CPA network, oGads Network. I recommend this network for you too. CPA applications can be tough sometimes and your application could get rejected, but if you follow the steps I outlined below and register to oGads, you would get your account active in less than 48 hours.
Head over to oGads by CLICKING HERE; fill in the correct answers in the assigned field for Username, Email address and passwords. Click on Next

Fill in your correct personal information according to the picture below. Use the postal code address of your state/city. Click on Next to proceed with the registration.

This part is very important and this is where the fate of your account approval lies. Follow the pattern I used below for each question to get an idea of what to answer. Don’t copy and paste what I answered word for word, add your twist to it and make yours unique. They just want to be sure that you know what you are doing and not just registering because you heard CPA can make one rich.
For the first question, this is how I would answer it; “having gained substantial knowledge in the affiliate marketing industry for 3 years, I would applied what I have learned over the years from affiliate marketing and the few I’ve been reading about CPA marketing in the last 6 months. My plan is to invest more on social media traffic through the use of Instragram influencers, Facebook page owners/managers and twitter influencers. I’m yet to grow a huge following tailored to content locking strategies so I would be employing the services of established social media influencers. Being a SEO guru, I’m currently working on a game hack website in an unsaturated sub-niche to get organic traffic. My website would go live when my application to this network gets approved. My primary sources of traffic would be social media and SEO (Organic Traffic)”

Please use your established site to replace my imaginary game hack site. I believe my answer above would give you an idea of what to answer. Over to the next question, put your website address in there, please use www. Many a times we often neglect it but on oGads it is required. After your account has been approved move on to the next stage, in the stage we will talk about how to setup your locker in oGads and link it to your site.

Login to your approved oGads account, if you are using a mobile phone click on the menu symbol (those 3 lines), desktop users don’t need to click on menu. From the picture below, click on incentive tools, a dropdown menu would display, click on content locker.

1.Picture
2.Picture

Follow instructions on the Locker creation page and fill the details accordingly. Scroll down a bit till you see “Unlock Actions” and click on remove locker and change it to redirect URL according to the picture below. Copy and paste the URL of the content you want to lock. It could be a download link, post link or any link you want to lock.

1.Picture
2.Picture

Scroll up and click on the tab with desktop inscription on it, Name your locker for desktop users, write a few description. Click on the tab for mobile and do the same thing. Scroll down to click on save and create locker. Hurray!!! You’ve created your first locker. Next step is to use your locker URL in place of the URL you want to lock. Click on your created locker and copy the locker URL, head over to your site and replace the download link you want to lock with the link you copied from your locker, click save and publish. That’s all. Anytime your users try to download that content they will first have to unlock the locker.

Users without a website can still apply this method by using a landing page. You can read my post on How To Create A Free Landing Page here.

PRACTICAL STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON CREATING A LOCKER FROM SCRATCH.
First step is to choose a niche or type of offer you will be promoting on your landing page. In this practical example I will be promoting a free Netflix and Hulu accounts. Like I stated in the early parts of this post, look for paid stuffs that people would do anything to get for free and offer it for free.

The first thing I will do is to head over to Telegram and search for Netflix and Hulu free accounts, join a channel that offers such services. Depends on what you are promoting, in my case all I have to do is copy the free usernames and passwords posted in the channel, I open my doc app or writing app and I paste my copied content. I arrange it in an organized, save it as a docx or pdf file, I open my Google drive account and upload the document to Google drive. I copy the document on Google drive after enabling sharing.
The next step is creating a locker for the offer I intend promoting. I open my oGads account and follow the step I showed you above on how to create a locker; I simply click on unlock “Unlock Action”, change it from remove locker to redirect url, I paste my Google drive url and I move to creating the desktop part of the locker. I use a very catchy title, a very simple and detailed description. Make sure your description highlights that they have to complete an offer below to unlock the content/file you are locking. An example is “Please complete an offer below to get access to the 2019 free Netflix accounts”. Next step is to scroll down and upload a picture related your offer. In my case I upload a Netflix picture with movies, please note that picture upload is not necessary, I do it to add more authenticity to my locker. Complete same process for the mobile part and click create locker.

After successfully creating a locker, click on the name of the locker to open the locker, copy the locker link. Now we create a landing page that will host the locker link. In this case I’m using a free landing page I created on blogger. After describing what I’m promoting and how important it is, I create a download button and link it to locker url I copied earlier, after proofreading my landing page post I click on publish. So if any visitor clicks on the download button it will take them to the locker page, after completing an offer the site will reload and they will be taken to our Google drive page to download our doc or pdf file. It’s that simple and a little complex, but with continues practise the process will become seamless. Here’s a link to the locker I created, it will give you a good idea of what a landing page is and what it entails entails. Please note that this is just a basic landing page and it converts because of the kind of offer I’m promoting.
The next step is promoting your offer, driving traffic to your landing page. This is the toughest part, to be honest. Read my detailed post on How To Promote CPA Offers For Free to get in depth knowledge of various promotion methods.
In this case I will just promote the offers on Facebook by joining related Facebook groups.

BONUS TIP: Telegram has a lot of free stuffs we can lock on our site and/or landing pages. From tech related stuffs to comic related stuffs, a lot of channel posting useful stuffs. You can also apply same practise if you have a telegram channel that post these free stuffs.
Content locking can be applied in lots of ways; you just have to think out of the box.
DISCLAIMER: The Free Netflix Account is just an example. I don’t have or promote Free Netflix accounts. If you need an account head over to Netflix.com

Any question? Hit the comment box and let’s rapport.

Source: https://hustlersclass.com/online-business/make-money-locking-contents/

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Carmal90(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2019
Ohh.
How
I wish
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by TheStrongest: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Very informative and lengthy article...
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
TheStrongest:
Very informative and lengthy article...
Thank you
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
Carmal90:
Ohh. How I wish
Wish what?
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
Read
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by deedat205(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2019
Beautiful tutorial
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by deedat205(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2019
Hi Op, there is this question I want to ask about content locking.
say I have a facebook page with a reasonable number of followers. I'm very sure an advertiser would not pay a publisher twice if the publisher invites a client to fill an offer twice.
The question is that, do CPA companies rotate offers to avoid the senerio ?
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Nobody: 6:28am On May 26, 2019
deedat205:
Hi Op, there is this question I want to ask about content locking.
say I have a facebook page with a reasonable number of followers. I'm very sure an advertiser would not pay a publisher twice if the publisher invites a client to fill an offer twice.
The question is that, do CPA companies rotate offers to avoid the senerio ?
Yeah, offers are rotated when you are using a smart link
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Silvani(m): 1:59am On Mar 16, 2020
This is really nice. I will act on this
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Maskyy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Are you still around,v
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Koksiee: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Please give me some names of telegram channels that post free stuff for content locking.
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by trevorhorace(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
fighal:
Thank you

Please how much does content locking pay per lead. Most cpa networks refuse to indicate that.
Re: How To Make Money With Content Locking by Maskyy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
I provide you verified and secured PayPal account for clean withdrawals at no cost and exchange your fund to naira equivalent instantly at 380/$.

I buy the below in bulk and units

I buy all your rmb ¥ funds, at high rate from China.

Bring all your Fiverr and upwork withdrawals, 380/$ | 400/$
360/370/$

Bring all your PayPal funds, 380/$ | 400/$ 360/370/$

Bring any freelance platform fund withdrawal, 380/$ | 400/$
360/370/$

I also give verified and safe PayPal account for your withdrawals and immediate exchange to naira.

Get one free verified PayPal account after transaction.

Bmmfunds is super fast in payment and secured. Check the link in signature for review

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Council Projects 1.58mt For 2018 / Femi Otedola Drives For 2 Hours To Visit His Daughter & Her Boyfriend(photos) / Nigeria’s Online Megastore - Konga.com Introduces SMS2ORDER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.