Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel (7319 Views)

HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel / Beneath My Heart / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
UNBREAK MY HEART

A story by Miriam Edem

How easy and possible is it to mend a broken heart? Can one who struggled to love ever love again after facing disappointment?

This is the story of Nonso, A Prince from Eastern Nigeria who is sent to serve in the southwest. Before he leaves, a wife had been chosen for him by his parents just like they did for his older brothers.

However, he falls in love with Funmi, a young lady whose heart has just been broken by the death of father years after she lost her mother and brother. She falls in love with him too but he doesn’t come out plainly to her. He cannot leave Chioma, the chosen wife for him.

Will he leave Funmi to get married to Chioma in obedience to his family? A terrible heartbreak is coming for someone, but can it be undone? Can a broken heart be unbroken?

Find out in this new interesting series by Miriam Edem. Click here to follow the story - www.youngicee.com/stories/unbreak-my-heart

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 1

© Miriam Edem (Miriam Eyen Efik)

"Are you sure you're okay? Is everything packed and put in the car?" Chinyere asked in a busy mood that got her son smiling.

"Mom everything is set and I have to go now, Nonso said.

"Call me when you get to the airport and when you arrive there don't forget to call me. Please don't eat any rubbish they will serve there, I don't want you to purge, Chinyere said.

"Ahh is it not people eating that food and have they died? Okoye asked.

"Our son is different, and if I have a way I won't let him go for any service whatever, Chinyere said with a frown.

"Let him have this experience mom, that place is fun and he'll learn a lot, Peter said.

"Yes and he'll get to know more about the Yoruba tribe, there's much to enjoy out there so just let him go, Uchenna added."

And I'll miss him so much, Chioma said entering the house and hugged Nonso tight.

"Is it now you're coming? Chinyere asked her.

"Mom I.. I was..."

"Making up and making over at the same time! Nonso is leaving, and you're just coming when he's just about entering the car!" Chinyere shouted.

"That's enough, please let's go else you'll be late for the flight Nonso, Okoye said and they all left the house.

Nonso hugged his Mom, Dad and Brothers who cheered him telling him to be careful and have fun while serving his fatherland.

He got into the car with Chioma and the driver drove off.

"I'm sorry babe, I woke up quite late and I had to look beautiful just for you before you leave," Chioma said in the car.

"Really, so without makeup you won't look beautiful right? Nonso asked.

"Babe what do you want me to do? I can't stand another girl out there to snatch you away from me so I have to look this sexy and beautiful for you always, especially in that camp where you'll meet a lot of them and that's so heart breaking," Chioma added.

"Are you really thinking about that right now?" Nonso asked.

"Babe I'll miss you, please tell me you'll miss me too and be visiting else I'll storm into Osun state," Chioma said and Nonso burst out laughing.

"Don't even think about it okay," Nonso said and pecked her."

"But thats not assuring enough that you won't do anything funny out there considering how life in camp is," Chioma said and Nonso sighed.

"Babe you can think whatever you want to please, if you don't trust me then that's your own problem," He said.

"Now he's angry huh?" Chioma asked.

"Do I have such time? By the way why are you following me to the airport? please its too early to get me upset," Nonso blurred out and she scoffed.

"You haven't left yet and you are already putting up attitude, thats interesting," Chioma said nodding.

"Please switch on the A.C," Nonso told the driver.

"Sir, the it's on," the driver replied.

"Increase it then," he added.

"But that is the maximum," the driver said.

"Gosh its so hot here," Nonso said while Chioma looked at him surprised.

Nonso arrived the NYSC Camp at Ede, in Osun state and in the process of his registration two guys tapped him from behind.

"Christ! What are you guys doing here?" Nonso asked when he turned to see who tapped him.

'We should ask you the same man, what's up?" Frank asked shaking hands with him.

"I'm cool, you guys are looking good. Is this where you'll be serving?" Nonso asked.

"Yap, guy carry on with your registration we'll talk later okay," Festus said.

"Let me have your number please," Nonso said bringing out his phone and Frank typed in his digits.

'I'll call you," Nonso said.

"We'll be expecting, bye." they chorused, cheering him and left while Nonso smiled to himself, "at least this place won't be boring anymore, he smiled saying to himself.

___

"Dad, Dad sit up I've brought your medication," Fummi entered the house keeping the basket on her head down.

She fetched water, took out the tablets and went close to her father who was laid in the bed, "Dad get up its time for your medication," she said but got no response from him.

"Dad! shouted again, and this time shaking him vigorously without any response either. Then, everything became clear to her.

"Dad! Mr Adeyemi!!" She shouted shaking him violently and rushed out crying for help.

Neighbours came and confirmed him dead. Fummi couldn't help but cry her eyes out.

The pain was too unbearable for her, she lost her only brother a month ago who was involved in an autocrash. He was the family's bread winner, his death caused Mr Adeyemi sudden ill health deteriorating.

All efforts were put in place to bring him back on his feet but finally he passed on, leaving Fummi to the mercy of his brothers, her uncles.

That evening Mr Adeyemi brothers gathered in his house while she sat quietly with her swollen eyes.

"Ermm once again I am sorry for your loss and our loss, we lost him too but right now there's no need to cry too much because he has gone to rest. We should think of how we are going to lay him to rest peacefully," the eldest uncle said.

"Ese sir, I agree with you sir," Fummi replied and sniffed.

"Good, how much had he left with you?" Her uncle asked and she looked at him.

"Who?" She asked.

"Who means what? How much did my brother leave in his account so we'll begin from there," her uncle said.

"Uncle I don't understand, we all know how much was spent when my brother died in giving him a befitting burial, a lot of money has been spent on Dad's treatment too so nothing is left now," Fummi replied.

"Oh but I can see his land, house and car packed outside, isn't that something? Your brother was a rich man and he died without getting married nor having a child, so where are the wealth he has amassed?" Your father took all of it didn't he? One of her uncles said.

"My brother was a rich man? Was he richer than Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Otedola or Ogbeni Senator Adeleke? He was just managing a private firm just for a year which they only supported in his burial with 300,000 naira. Didn't you people emptied his account saying he's a rich and as such, his burial should be befitting his status because my Dad was sick and he cared less about what was going on. I only got his car from all he'd owned, so is that what you people want?" Fummi asked in awe.

"Young woman you better watch and caution your tongue before I cut it off from you!" Her eldest uncle angrily said.

"Just leave her, she's still a child. You see that car parked outside, we are going to sell, it after all i don't know what young girl like you will use it for. Our brother must be Buried well and there's nothing you can do about it," another of her uncle said and got up looking at her.

"Ahhhh. How much will you contribute? But you know this is not fair, this is not fair at all," Fummi said with tears streaming out of her teary eyes.

"You are still a small girl and I don't know what you need all these things for as a female child. Don't you want your father to be buried respectfully?" Her eldest uncle asked.

"My father is not that kind of man and i think he should be lowly buried rather than wasting money leaving his daughter with nothing," Fummi said and her uncle laughed.

"Soon you will get married so don't worry too much. You are a very beautiful girl and soon men will start trooping in to ask us for your hand in marriage," another of her uncle said.

"Is that it? So you'll suck him dry when you've done nothing for me nor assisted me with anything. The man that has suffered so much for me has not collected a kobo or drank anything on my head but he is lying straight there lifeless, don't worry you will drink and get money on that day okay," Fummi said and they burst out laughing at her.

"We will visit you tomorrow, don't cry too much okay," one of them said and they slowly left talking with themselves while Fummi bit her lips in anger.

Read Episode 2 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-2.html

3 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 2

© Miriam Edem

The next day Fummi woke up with a loud knock on the door. She sluggishly opened the door hearing the voice of who knocked but she rather got hugged instead, "I am so sorry girlfriend. Why is this always happening to you? Jumoke asked almost crying on her.

"Oh please, I have no tears left. God has just forsaken me totally," Fummi said but Jumoke placed her finger on her Lip.

"Don't say that, what will you say if you opened your eyes to be an orphan?" Jumoke asked.

"Well won't that be better? Now what am I? I am not different from a hopeless and helpless orphan so damn it!" Fummi angrily said and threw herself on the sofa with her eyes closed.

"I understand but God knows best. I returned from work late and got the shocking news. I wanted reaching here last night but my mom stopped me, how are you feeling? Though I know I don't need to ask," Jumoke said.

'Right now I don't know what to feel anymore, this is just my life Now. Once upon a time I had parents and a brother. Then death came and snatched my mom 2 years after I was born which I barely knew her. Then my brother, now my father, then I will be next," Fummi dropped.

"God forbid! Fummi what's wrong with you? Will you reject what you just said now, Jumoke shouted.

"Reject what? Won't I still die or am I immortal? This is just the truth please," Fummi said.

"Hey! please na don't say that you are making me scared already," Jumoke said. Fummi wanted saying something but burst out crying instead.

"It will be better that way, I'll have my family complete in the other side where we will part no more," Fummi said in tears while Jumoke hugged her tight.

"No no, not yet. There's still a lot for you to achieve, and I am very sure your family won't like it if you will join them soon. Please take away that evil thought from you its from the devil," Jumoke said to her.

_______

"Prince prince! Guy I am so happy to see you. Just look at you," Frank said to Nonso.

"Prince? I thought I told you to stop calling me that na," Nonso said.

"Your father is a King dude and that makes you a prince," Festus said.

"A prince is a worthless title if you have no right to the throne. I gat 2 senior brothers okay and this prince title befits them best and besides I am not interested. Can you imagine, my mom didn't agree I should go for this service, this tradition and their everything is just crazy to me," Nonso said.

"Really, I thought to be prince means a free and enjoyable life but looks like yours is the reverse," Festus said.

"I am telling you, they will be the one to choose everything for you, the wife you will marry, the food you will take, the wine you will drink and I mean everything," Frank said that got Festus laughing.

"Seriously? Ahh thats so unbearable if so. But I know they will choose pretty girls right?" Festus asked winking at Nonso and his phone began to ring.

"Excuse me please," Nonso said and picked the call.

"What's going on babe? Are you avoiding me or something?" Chioma immediately asked when he picked the call.

"I don't understand, is that suppose to be your greeting or what? Nonso asked.

"Oh please spare me that! Its just 1 day Nonso, just 1 day of you leaving and you're already ignoring my calls without returning them back or my messages. What is that suppose to mean Nonso?" Chioma shouted and Nonso heaved and dropped the call.

"What's the problem?" Frank asked.

"Its nothing, hey our attention is needed," Nonso said and they quickly got up from the grass they sat together.
____
Fummi who was inside the house that afternoon heard voices in the compound and came out to see who it was, only to see her uncle and a strange man standing at the packed car.

"Uncle I hope there is no problem?" She asked going closer.

"No, just that i was so lucky to see a man who is ready to buy this car," he replied and Fummi jaw dropped.

"You meant what you said yesterday?" She asked.

"Just forget about this girl. Look this is a new car as you can see and the engine is good. I'll let it go in 400,000," her uncle said concentrating on the strange man.

"The car is good quite alright but I can only give 200,000 last," the strange man said.

"What! Do you know how my brother suffered to buy this car? Are you pricing tricycle here?" Fummi shouted.

"My friend will you get inside now! Who gave you the permission to talk and have you ever priced a tricycle before? Get inside now!" Her uncle shouted and she ran inside the house.

Her head was spinning as she peeped outside and heard them agreeing on 250,000 last.

"God, that clean Camry my brother jubilated when he saved a lot of money and finally bought it, is what is sold for a chicken change that will be spent on nothing. God why?" Fummi cried holding the door blind standing outside and they finally approached her.

"Where are the car particulars with the keys?" Her uncle asked.

"How will I know, shouldn't you have asked for that first before bringing a buyer?" Fummi asked.

"Please i don't want complications getting this car, if there is no agreement for me to get this car then I better leave now," the buyer said.

"You don't need to listen to this girl, the car will be sold don't worry okay, in fact i will see you tomorrow," her uncle said to him and he left while Fummi looked at him angrily.

"Do you want your father to be buried or not? You know very well your father can't stay long in that mortuary because of how deteriorated his health was before he died. And don't forget the mortuary bills will be high too, will you pay that? Or should we hand over everything to you?" Her uncle asked.

"Uncle, I want my father Buried but I won't stand by and watch you sell everything. My dad was no chief, elder or even a King and I see no reason why he should be buried as one when he is already resting in peace . Please I beg you, don't lavish everything he has worked hard for just for nothing," Fummi said going on her knees while he just looked at her.

"OK fine I've heard you. We will only sell the car and add with what we can to make it successful," he said.

"Thank you uncle, I'll bring the car particulars then," Fummi said going inside and came out with a brown envelope and gave it to him.

"Hmmmm my brother indeed has a brave and wise daughter. And please don't fight anybody who will come here to carry the car," he said.

"No i won't," she said.

"Don't worry, we will take care of the rest. Have you eaten?" He asked and she nodded.

"Don't lock yourself up at home, go out and free yourself or Better still go to any of our houses and interact with your cousins okay," he said.

"I will sir thank you," Fummi said.

"OK bye and you'll hear from us soon," he said and left.

Read Episode 3 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-3.html

3 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 3

© Miriam Edem

Fummi dressed up and visited Jumoke at her place of work. Jumoke seeing her was so elated, "hi, I am so happy you finally left that house. You sure would have killed yourself with boredom," Jumoke said ushering her a seat.

"Yeah my uncle just left the house, so I thought it wise that I needed someone to talk to," Fummi replied.

"So what had they say about your the burial, i mean your fathers burial? Because i personally think he should be buried quickly," Jumoke added.

"Yes thats right, my brother car has been sold so the money raised from the sale can go a long way in upsetting that," Fummi replied.

"They had sold the car? Oh no, where will i stand to be taking pictures now? But why the car nau?" Jumoke said with a frown.

"I can't believe you're thinking of pictures now when they are pressing needs to take care of. At least its better if the car get sold than it remaining there with no one using it. But I'm kind of sad because it was sold so cheaply," Fummi said.

"At what cost?" Jumoke asked.

"N250,000 naira only. Gosh that's a year house rent for a new and expensive car, Fummi said and Jumoke sighed.

"You're right, but if its to lay Baba to rest quickly then i think it worth it," Jumoke replied and Fummi nodded.

"Sorry i am distracting you from work. I think i need a job, what do you think?" Fummi asked.

"Good idea because now you do have to take care of yourself which i know your uncles may not take care of you as they should because they have their own problems. Another thing is, the job will keep you company so you won't feel too bored and lonely, don't you think so? Jumoke chipped in.

"Yes i thought about that too, but what kind of job will i get with a just SSCE?" Fummi asked.

"They are many, but it sure will be minor jobs. And oh i just remembered, i over-heard my madam here talking about hiring cleaners for her school, "Maryland Grammar School" (Maygram), you remember that school along Oshogbo/Isokon road ba? Will you apply for it?" Jumoke asked.

"That will be stressful," Fummi said.

"You definitely won't be the only one there and the pay is N20,000 a month isn't that a mouth watering offer for an School Certificate holder where most schools here pay degree holders N15,000 as monthly salary, that's like N5,000 more to your pocket with an SSCE," Jumoke replied.

"The pay sounds real good, i can use that to train myself and also add with my farming. I was thinking of cultivating a particular crop on my fathers land, what do you think?" Fummi asked.

"Well good idea, but why not do it a mixed farming were it will gain you more and the soil will be replenished in a way because of the mixed cropping you will practice?" Jumoke asked.

"That will just be for me, i just want to cultivate a particular crop and make the sales big, by that way it will bring more gain. Girl i need to go to school, i want to be a graduate oh," Fummi said.

"I admire that and i wish you good luck. So do you have any crop in mind now?" Jumoke asked.

"Thank you, but i'll think about it," Fummi replied.

"Alright ma, i need to get back to work. By the way what should I get for you?" asked.

"Nothing, i'll be going home now, Fummi said.

"That quick?" Jumoke asked and she nodded.

"Okay should I tell my madam you are interested in the job?" She asked.

"Yes yes, any need for application?" Fummi asked.

"I don't know, but i'll hear from her when she comes this evening. Please take good care of yourself," Jumoke said.

"Of course i will, see you later bye," Fummi said leaving.

"Bye," Jumoke replied waving.

___
Nonso phone began to ring and it was his mom calling,

"hi Mom," he said as he picked the call after 3 rings.

"What's wrong with you? You hardly pick up calls nor even bother to call back," Chinyere said.

"Mom i am always busy here and i had to run to a place that is less noisy that the Military men nor camp officials wouldn't see me," Nonso said.

"This is why i didn't want you to go in the first place, anyway have you heard from Chioma, your Chioma? She told me you don't pick nor return her calls either," Chinyere said.

"Mom i have tried to make her understand that............"
Chinyere cut in," You have no choice okay, she's just worried and concerned about your well-being. If she cared less won't you think she's seeing another man? is it now a crime that she's missing you already?" Chinyere asked.

"I know i understand, but she has to."
"I need you to call her now and apologize to her. I hope you're not doing anything funny over there? Remember you have a girl here and don't you dare disappoint her inugo!"Chinyere shouted and ended the call while Nonso heaved and immediately dialled Chioma's number.

"Yes," Chioma said when she picked up.

"Love I am sorry okay its just that you don't understand me. Don't worry when you will get here you will understand better and there will be a return match," Nonso said laughing and apologizing at the same time.

"Nonso no matter how busy you claim you are, my friend's boyfriend is equally serving at Kogi state, guess what, they talk very well and its like he's just near. But you, you don't call nor pick up my calls all in the name of "I AM SO BUSY", how is that fair! Chioma shouted.

"I am sorry okay, i was tied up with some things that i had to do here in camp, the early morning drills, the lectures, games and everything all happening almost simultaneously following one another. But I promise it won't happen again, how can i make it up to you?" Nonso asked.

"By coming back home," she said.

"You know thats not possible love," Nonso said.

"That's the point because you've hurt me deeply and there's nothing you can do about it," Chioma said and Nonso smiled.

"I am sorry okay, don't worry my calls will be the first thing you will see in the morning when Nigeria wakes up, afternoon and night after Nigeria has gone to sleep before you go to bed. Please just understand with me baby," Nonso said.

"Which one is when Nigeria wakes up abi Nigeria goes to sleep again?" She asked and Nonso burst Out laughing as he explains to her that Nigeria wakes up by 6am with a beacon sound and sleeps with same at 6am by a way of hoisting the Nigeria flag as well as lowering it.

" Fine, okay fine, let's just see how you're going to keep up with your promise. I sent you something on Whatsapp but you haven't seen it yet why?" Chioma asked.

"No time for that baby, if i had such time i should have called you with it right? Nonso asked.

"OK baby but i want you to check it out and please do me a favour," she said.

"Okay what's that? He asked.

"I want you to use it as your wallpaper, can you do that for me please? Chioma asked and Nonso rolled his eyes.

"Alright, alright fine if thats what you want and if that's what will please you," he replied.

"Thank you love and i love you so so much, Chioma said throwing kisses on phone to him.

"Alright babe i need to go now and i promise to call you later okay," Nonso said.

"I'll be waiting, bye, she said and the line went dead," Nonso heaved deeply as his friends approached him.

"What's wrong?" Frank asked.

"I feel like i'm stuck or in one kind of bondage or something," Nonso said.

"That was your babe right?" Festus asked and he nodded.

"Don't you love her?"Frank asked.

"Do I have a choice? Please let's go," Nonso said.

Read Episode 4 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-4.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 4

© Miriam Edem

Its 3 weeks gone already and the burial of Mr Adeyemi. Everything moved swiftly well and in the evening, the uncles of Fummi suggested she should choose any of them she will love to stay with.

"Can I think about this sir?" Fummi asked.

"No problem, you can let us know okay when you've agreed on something," her eldest uncle said.

"Thank you so much sir, nothing is so fulfilling to me like seeing my dad peacefully buried. I am so grateful," Fummi said going on her knees.

"Stop it and get up. He is our brother and if we don't bury him well the whole shame will go to us. So don't thank us for anything," one of them said.

"And yes your brother is lucky to have a daughter like you, I admire the boldness in you and it was as if its a male child standing up for his father," another said.

"Just don't cry or worry too much, if you have any problems you know where you can reach any of us and we'll see to it," another added.

"Thank you so much sir, thank you," Fummi said sniffing and got up.

"OK we will take our leave now and please always go out, stop locking yourself at home," her eldest uncle said.

'Sir I am working, I started 2 weeks ago sorry I didn't inform you," Fummi replied.

"Working? Thats good to know," another said.

"Yes sir so I won't have the chance to think too much," she replied.

"OK then take care of yourself," her uncle said they left the compound.

Jumoke decided to sleep over at her place that night, "you have good uncles, you are lucky but why were you acting as if your uncles were bad?" Jumoke asked when Fummi met her inside.

"I don't know, they acted as bad people when my dad died, I don't know if its because I challenged them or something, Fummi replied.

"Yea I think so, but will you love to stay with any of them?" Jumoke asked.

"No way, then what about this house? Who will sweep and tidy the compound? I have to stay here o Jumoke," she replied.

"I know why, because you feel you should keep your brother and father company because you believe they can visit home anytime right? You know Fummi you won't stay in this house for ever, you must surely leave," Jumoke said.

"I know but I am not ready to leave so soon. I know if I leave this house it will be sold too I know that," Fummi said.

"Okay fine, I won't force you anyway," Jumoke said and yawned.

"You can go to bed, I don't feel sleepy yet," Fummi said.

"What are you still worried about? Your father is buried now so all worries must stop! Now you must sleep," Jumoke said dragging her up.

"Please I don't want to oo," Fummi said.

"Okay then I won't sleep either," Jumoke said sitting back with a frown and Fummi smiled at that.

"Don't be stubborn like me o, okay let's go to bed," Fummi said getting up.

"Better," Jumoke said dragging her to the room.

Earlier that Saturday, Chioma surprised Nonso by visiting, "hi, you didn't tell me you're coming," Nonso said surprised.

"Why are you startled like you just saw a ghost? Baby not even a hug? She asked and he hugged her.

"Sorry for that, I wasn't expecting such surprise," Nonso said.

"Yea I know, this place doesn't look bad," she said looking around.

"Yea so what next? When are you going back?" Nonso asked and she scoffed.

"Me going back? Not too soon, I'll stay for a week with you, She replied.

"A week? Where will you stay?" Nonso asked.

"Oh please don't tell me there are no hotels or guest house around?" Chioma asked.

"Oh i forgot, if so let's go lodge in one," Nonso said taking her travel bag.

"You'll spend time with me right? She asked.

"Not today, I'll be resuming for my primary assignment by next week which I have to get some things cleared today so I'll know my post of duty, Nonso replied while she rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever lacked excuse to give to me? Gosh so frustrating," Chioma said.

"Tomorrow I'll spend time with you okay I promise, so just take your rest today. By the way how was the flight?" He asked trying to change the topic.

"It was cool and okay, maybe because i was so happy knowing I'll be seeing you. Though you looked as if you saw a ghost," she said.

"Sorry I should have screamed and hugged you but you should know me when I get surprised I look stupid right?" He asked and Chioma laughed.

"Yes very stupid indeed. You're not looking bad either," she said rubbing his stomach and he smiled.

"You too, looks like you're increasing in beauty every passing day," Nonso said.

"Awwnn first time you're acting so sweet, I'm impressed, Chioma said.

"Seriously? The first time?" Nonso asked.

"Yea the very first time, so don't argue, Chioma said.

"Okay, when we get to the hotel you are going to list all those guys that has been bothering you," said and Chioma laughed.

"I am very sure you won't have the patience to hear it all, so just forget about it," she said.

"Really, are they that numerous?" He asked.

"You can say that again," she replied winking at him and he Nonso swallowed.

"Hey don't tell me someone is jealous," she said hitting him.

"Why will I be? I have you already and that's what matters okay except you will choose another," Nonso replied.

"Which you know I won't choose another but you," Chioma said and kissed him.

Read Episode 5 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-5.html

2 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 5:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 5

© Miriam Edem

The next day which was a Sunday, Nonso and Chioma decided to chill out on a cool evening.

Jumoke wasn't feeling too well and Fummi decided to help her out at one of the famous eatery there where she works.

"Fummi, a lady is seated waiting for you," Jumoke said to her and Fummi walked up to her.

"Hi ma good evening and welcome," Fummi said.

"Thank you, so what do you guys have here?" Chioma asked.

"Uhmm ma we have everything... If not all but please what do you care for?" Fummi asked.

"Nah don't worry I am waiting for someone. When he comes I'll call you," Chioma said.

"Okay," Fummi said and left.

Nonso entered with his two friends and Chioma eyes Bulged out when they approached.

"Hi baby, meet my friends, Festus and Frank, we attended the same university and here we are. Guys meet my love Chioma, Nonso did the introduction while they shook hands.

"You really gat taste guy," Frank said.

"Oh please, Nonso said ushering them to have a seat but Chioma texted him..

"This sitting out was just for us right?" Send them away, Nonso read and couldn't believe his eyes as he looked at her while she removed her eyes from him concentrating on her phone.

"You ain't serious right? This guys are fun to be with so what's the problem with that?" Nonso texted back.

"Its either they leave, or I will," Chioma replied back and Fummi approached them.

"Hi good evening all and..."
"I thought I said I will call you, Chioma interrupted her.

"Sorry ma I thought..."

"We are not running away okay, we will call you when we need you, Chioma cuts in again and Fummi nodded and left.

"Was that necessary? That was rude," Nonso said.

"Excuse me? I simply told her to come back and why is she acting like we are sitting here for fancy? Chioma asked.

"She is only doing her job which gives you no right to be that rude," Nonso said.

"Ermm Nonso we have to go now, we actually wanted seeing someone before we met with you. Beauty we'll meet next time okay," The guys said.

"Oh yeah thanks and bye," Chioma said smiling at them and they left while Chioma gave a scornful look at Nonso.

"You're so unbelievable," Nonso said irritated.

"Oh yeah I am, and now I can breathe well. Can't I just have a peaceful and happy time with you?" Chioma asked.

"Peaceful? Why are you expecting something you can't give out yourself?" Nonso asked.

"anyway I'll let that slide. So what are you taking so I'll order?" Chioma asked.

"So you'll order? After what you did to her?" Nonso asked.

"Well you earlier said she's doing her job so that wont be a problem right? Common don't make this outing boring. OK what do you want me to do?" Chioma asked rubbing his hand.

"Just leave me alone, I've lost my appetite," Nonso said taking his hand off from her and she heaved throwing her hair backwards.

"Gosh Chioma what have you gotten yourself into? Nonso do you really want us? Common just spit it out and stop punishing me okay," she said.

'You really want to know? I'll advise you don't. Order what you want cause I want to leave this place as soon as possible," Nonso said but she grabbed her bag and stormed out of the place leaving Nonso still sitting.

He sighed and got up, but saw Fummi and approached her.

"Hi," he said to her.

"Hi sir do you need anything?" Fummi asked.

"Ermm yea what do you have? He asked.

"Uhmm many but first is it Drinks or food?" Fummi asked.

"Ermm drinks," he replied.

"Okay, alcohol or non alcoholic?" Fummi asked and he smiled at that.

"Sorry sir I don't work here so I might not know your choice," Fummi said confused why he's smiling that way.

"OK, what do you think I do take? Just guess," Nonso said.

"Sorry I am not good at guessing, last time I tried it, it didn't go good," Fummi replied.

"Really? You may get it right with me. So what do you think?" He asked and she looked at him.

"Ermmm I guess wine, but will be alcoholic, right?" Fummi asked and he smiled nodding.

"Wow, so what's your type of wine because I have no idea of wines," Fummi said.

"Will you drink with me?" Nonso asked.

"Oh no I don't take such, she said.

"What if I get the non alcoholic?" He asked.

"I am working," Fummi said.

"But you don't work here,"Nonso said.

"Yea I know but covering for my friend, she's not feeling too well," she replied.

"Can I fix it next time then? He asked and she smiled.

"I fear there won't be next time because I am so so busy. I think you won't have a drink anymore right?" Fummi asked.

"That's just what it is now because I can't have it alone. By the way, I am Nonso by name," he said giving his hand for a shake and she slowly took it.

"Fummi. And sorry you couldn't drink today, now I have to get back to work, Fummi said and walked away

Closing from work, they strolled home but Jumoke couldn't stop smiling.

"What's pinching you and why all those smiles on your face? Fummi asked.

"You want to know huh?" Jumoke asked.

"Of course why not because nothing is funny here," Fummi replied.

"Its about the young cute corper baby, you guys were so sweet," Jumoke said winking and hitting Fummi playfully.

"I can't believe a small malaria is making you crazy already, just get out, Fummi said with a frown.

"Are you sure? We will see nau because I am perceiving something," Jumoke said sniffing.

"Yea I know what's smelling, and that is your malaria drugs!" Fummi said hitting Jumoke nose hard which she shouted..

Read Episode 6 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-6.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 6

© Miriam Edem

That night Nonso didn't care to hear from Chioma.

The next day he resumed at his primary post, Frank and Festus post was in a hospital and he was sad about that.

He wasn't steady in school but then he needed to use the toilet, "excuse me please, where can I use the convenience? He stopped a teacher there.

"That way, he pointed and he thanked him and left.

Entering the building he met with Fummi coming out with a mop and bucket, "oh you again? Nonso said stretching his hand for a shake.

"Sorry I can't shake you as you can see, Fummi said and he saw she had a hand gloves on.

"i can see that, you work here?" He asked.

"Yea, as a cleaner. Don't tell me you'll be teaching here?" Fummi said and he laughed out loud.

"Yea I will. I am so happy I'll have someone to be talking with. Oh please I need to use it very fast I don't know what I ate, Nonso said holding his buttocks.

"OK hurry up," Fummi said smiling at the way Nonso acted as he got in.

Two days has passed, Nonso didn't call up to see Chioma and she didn't do same either.

His mom call came on phone and he heaved knowing there will be a problem.

"Nonso Igwe when will you ever call someone in your life? His mom voice came on phone immediately he picked up.

"I am sorry. God I don't know how to deal with this attitude, but i am so sorry," Nonso said.

"How are you? She asked.

"I am good mom, I've been talking with Big bro and I know everyone is good too right?" He asked.

"Yes and how is Chioma? I hope you two are having fun?" Chinyere asked and he scratched his head.

"Yes we are, you know what mom, im in school, we'll talk later okay," Nonso said.

"Tell that to a blind and dumb man, bye and take good care of yourself," Chinyere said and he smiled to himself.

"Hi," he heard a voice by the door and turned to see Fummi.

"Hi come in," I'll get a seat for you, He said getting up and got a spare seat keeping it beside him.

"Thank you," Fummi said sitting down.

"You're welcome. Yea I needed your help, sorry I'm stressing you," Nonso said.

"Its okay," Fummi said.

"Mhen you need to see your children write ups, gosh I am just laughing my ass here hard," Nonso said keeping a huge pile of books on the desk.

"Oh my God! All of this?" Fummi asked.

"Yea, thats why I need your help. I asked them to submit their note books because I saw a boy in class copying rubbish. And I am seeing a lot of rubbish here which is making me laugh, I think its fun," Nonso said giving her a book to check it out which she did and saw what Nonso was talking about.

"I can't believe this, but... But.... Oh my God this is the result of poor adminstration. Its even affecting the student," Fummi said flipping the pages.

"I don't really know what to do with them right now, I don't know where to start," Nonso said.

"Come on, don't say that, I think you were sent to make a change there. I believe so, Fummi said.

"You think so? He asked and Fummi nodded.

"Can you help me in this? I see you as a very intelligent lady, I think you can do better in the classroom than scrubbing people faeces and urine," Nonso said.

"I applied for that, fummi said.

"It doesn't suit you, so what do you think? Are you going to help me?" Nonso asked and she shook her head.

'Its gonna be too much on me, I equally do farming," Fummi said.

"I can talk with the principal to make you my assistant, maybe till I leave you won't scrub the toilet floors but be by my side," Nonso said and Fummi looked at him.

"Are you serious?" She asked him.

"And I mean it, Nonso said and got up, held her hands and left the staff room.

He got to the administrative block and reported the students to the principal, "I don't believe that's true, I have qualified teachers here and they are paid well," the principal said.

"Yea I know you think its all about the teacher having a big certificate or maybe studied Education makes him or her qualified to teach.

I studied Genetics and I can say I teach more better than most teachers here. Here is Fummi, I am asking for your permission, cause I'll love to lend her as my assistant till my stay here is over so we will impact more into this students," Nonso said and she looked at them for a while.

"So she won't be a cleaner for months right but your assistant?" The principal asked.

"Exactly ma, I promise you'll see a positive turn up,"Nonso said.

"Alright then, and thanks for bringing this to my notice. I didn't notice the teachers here were reluctant in their teaching, I will look into that, The principal said.

"Thank you ma," Nonso said.

"You're welcome and Fummi, don't worry your salary will still be paid. Enjoy your new position," The principal said to her.

"Thank you so much ma, Fummi said and they left her office.

"I told you didn't I? Now you're officially my assistant," Nonso happily said when they walked back to the staff room.

"So does this make you my boss?" Fummi asked.

"Uhmmm kind of,"he said winking at her and she smiled.

"With all pleasure sir," Fummi said.

"Nah I was joking so no sire here please," Nonso said.

That evening Festus asked about Chioma and he pretended like everything was cool. With the little chance he got, he left to the hotel where Chioma lodged and she hissed when she saw him and left the door open.

"Did you forget anything here? She asked when he slowly walked into the room.

"So, why didn't you call for days now? I am very sure you were enjoying the space," Nonso said to her.

"Indeed i was, and you can see my bags are packed and I'll be leaving first thing tomorrow morning. Should I say you are lucky for still meeting me and sure, mom will know just how you treated me here," Chioma said and Nonso eyes bulged out.

"Come on don't take it that way, its not what you think okay," Nonso said and wanted to touch her but she gave a stop sign.

"One more step from you and I'll scream my head off!" Chioma shouted and he sighed.

"Yea i know i did bad but thats why I'm here right? I came to apologize please don't do this," Nonso calmly said.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I am tired, and I think its time we go our separate ways now," Chioma said and he went nearer and held her which she struggled with him.

"I mean it Nonso so please go, leave now!" Chioma shouted as tears piled in her eyes.

"I am sorry, please don't do this," Nonso said.

"You think i didn't know you don't love me? She asked.

"No don't say that, I love...."

"Thats enough! Now just go, she said and pushed him out closing the door behind her in tears...

To be continued

https://youngicee.com/2020/03/unbreak-my-heart-episode-7.html

2 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 7

© Miriam Edem

Nonso went back and his friends noticed his mood wasn't good at all, "what's wrong? Festus asked.

"Chioma has broken up with me," Nonso heaved and replied.

"I thought you don't love her, or do you?" Frank asked.

"Chioma and I has been friends from childhood, and there's no how I won't love her. But when she got engaged to me, everything changed. I felt like our friendship shouldn't get to that point, and I've tried putting her in that space of my heart but something keeps pushing it away. But I can't let her go, because her parents are so close to mine.

If they will get to find out everything that has happened, I don't know what is going to happen," said rubbing his head.

"What are you going to do now? Are you feeling guilty that you've wasted her time for years?" Frank asked.

"I never wasted her time, yes she loves me and has rejected many proposals but I never wasted her time. Her attitude and continuous nagging keeps pissing me off," Nonso said.

"Is it really her attitude or because you don't want to marry her? Anyway its your life and if you've been friends since childhood, I think you two can still sort out your differences," Frank said tapping his back and they left him to ponder about it.

That night Nonso spent it calling and texting Chioma which she kept ignoring.

The next morning he arrived at the hotel and met Chioma with her bag about to leave, "what do you want?" She asked.

"Is this really what you want? Nonso asked.

"I won't waste a second to talk about this okay, bye," she said and wanted to leave but he held her back.

"Is there another? Come on, tell me! Nonso shouted.

"Is there another too Nonso Igwe!" Chioma shouted back.

"Then I won't waste my time to beg you, but if this is what you won't, then fine, Nonso said and let her go while she stood looking at him.

"Make sure you tell them the truth when you get back there. Tell them you called it off yourself because you don't love me, don't drag me or my family into this okay," Nonso said.

"Will you blame me? Is this really my fault? Nonso look at the way you do treat me, does it show that you love me?" Chioma asked.

"Yea I know, but I don't really know how to express it but I am not ready to throw our friendship either," Nonso said.

"Me too, I don't know if I'll live with it, Chioma said and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, Nonso said to her after they disengaged from the hug.

"Its okay," Chioma said.

"So ma are you still leaving?" Nonso asked.

"No sir," she said smiling.

"OK ma, can you please wait for me here. I'll rush down to work and quickly come back to be with you okay, Nonso said.

"I'll be waiting then, Chioma said and pecked him while he took her bag inside the room and they hugged again before Nonso left.

____

He arrived and saw Fummi already in the class, "you arrived late sir, Fummi said.

"Thanks ma for covering up for me, he said.

"You're welcome, there's a lipstick stain on your polo, Fummi said.

"Lipstick? Huh from where? Nonso said and saw it while Fummi just stood smiling at him..

"Oh yea I remember. A lady wanted crossing the road without looking and she was almost hit, so I dragged her and she fell on me. You know she was heavily painted," Nonso said.

"Too bad, maybe she was in a Hurry. Okay back to work," Fummi said and he looked at the students.

"What are they doing?" He asked.

"I gave them classwork, and they have 5 minutes left to submit," Fummi said and he rolled his eyes.

"Hmm teacher suits you best you know," he said smiling.

"Oh please, get ready to submit!" Fummi shouted on the student.

Its 1pm and Nonso picked his phone to see a lot of missed calls from Chioma.

"Oh my God! When did i put my phone on silent? Nonso asked.

"I don't know, Fummi replied.

"uhm please can you take Care of things here? I have to attend to something now, Nonso said.

"No problem, see you tomorrow then and don't come late, Fummi said.

"Yes ma, take care Fummi! Nonso shouted as he rushed out.

He arrived at the hotel and met Chioma cuddled on the bed with Alcohol, "you're back? She said in a drunken state and he got the bottle from her.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked.

"Having fun, what do you expect? She asked.

"Having fun being drunk? Look I am so sorry for not picking your calls I just saw it and rushed down here, Nonso said and she gave a smirking look.

"Baby give back my drink, she said and attempted to get it but he shifted it more far.

"No more drink, I am here now so let the fun be between us, Nonso said.

"Really? So will you make love with now? that will be more fun you know," Chioma said seductively going to Nonso.

"Stop it you're not in your right senses now," Nonso held her.

"What do you mean? I want you Nonso, common have me," Chioma said and kissed him deeply.

Read Episode 8 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-8.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 8

© Miriam Edem

In the middle of their ecstasy Nonso stopped Chioma,

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I can't do this, I'm sorry," he said going down from the bed.

"What! What's wrong with you!" She shouted.

"Nothing is wrong with me, I just said I can't do this," Nonso said putting on his clothes while Chioma sat looking at him with her mouth open.

"You're leaving?" She asked.

"I have to, I'll see you tomorrow, Nonso said and left.

"Shit!" Chioma shouted throwing the pillows in anger.

____

"Hey, what's that face for?" Frank asked when he met with them.

"Seriously I don't know what's happening to me, I feel like....... Oh no I can't explain," Nonso replied.

"Is it about Chioma again?" Frank asked.

"No, someone else. Few minutes ago I was about making love with Chioma, but then she came into my head and I felt like I was about cheating on her," Nonso said.

"Who?" The guys asked at once.

'Fummi, the girl Chioma acted rudely there at the eatery, remember?" Nonso asked and the guys looked at themselves.

"You must be joking right? That's a lowly and a poor Yoruba girl you are talking about here," Frank said.

"So what? She's the one I love and I can't help it," Nonso said.

"You are a prince Nonso and it is not expected you..."

"I don't need this prince title! Can someone just rip it off from me? Do you know how I feel now? First time in my life I've get to meet someone I feel so relaxed and happy with. She doesn't nag and we can talk for hours without getting tired. There's this bond between us that I feel we have met somewhere before, she's the one I want and I don't bloody care the tribe she hails from," Nonso said.

"What about Chioma? You told me she broke up with you but then you spent the night texting and calling her. You almost made love to her today and now you're talking about another girl? Are you okay?" Festus asked.

"We are not married dude are we? Chioma is who our family wants but Fummi is who Nonso needs, and I am tired of pleasing my family!" Nonso shouted.

"Then let her go, set her free!" Festus shouted and stormed out of the place.

"What's wrong with him?" Nonso asked.

"He's just angry while I am just surprised at you. Seriously guy is this you? You gat 2 ladies already and that makes you a cheat dude," Frank said while Nonso was just speechless looking at him.

Festus arrived at the Hotel where Chioma lodged and met her sitting on the floor drinking, 'didnt I tell you to stay clear from me? Chioma asked getting up when he entered.

"Please stop I can help you out of this, Festus said coming near.

"Stop there and get out of here! What happened between us that night was a total and big mistake. i was drunk but then you came around and I thought it was Nonso, how dare you do that to me! Chioma shouted.

"You needed it, Nonso doesn't care about you," Festus said.

"Get out from here, you feel my heart with guilt now knowing that I've cheated on my Nonso!" Chioma shouted.

"Your Nonso? Is that why you wanted leaving the next morning? Well here is what you want to hear, Your Nonso couldn't make love to you just because there's a another girl in his heart. He loves her so much and he feels sleeping with his engaged babe will be cheating to the girl he loves dearly," Festus dropped and Chioma scoffed.

"Wow, what a perfect framed lie to get into my legs again, you really think I will believe this crap!" Chioma shouted.

"You think this is a lie? Get over it girl that guy doesn't love you. You were only a friend to him and he didn't want anything more than that, this is just a family arrangement right? How did i get to know about this?" Festus asked and tears already gathered in Chioma eyes.

"Its a lie, a very big lie," Chioma said and Festus held her.

"You need me Chioma, that guy doesn't deserve you," Festus said and kissed her immediately....

"Hi what's up," Jumoke asked as Fummi dropped by after work to say hello.

"Is that how to welcome a customer? What do you have here?" Fummi asked sitting down.

"If I launch you slap eh, Jumoke said and they burst out laughing.

"How is work jare? Any annoying customer?" Fummi asked.

"Annoying kwa? I will just annoy back too o I don't have such time," Jumoke replied.

"Madam abeg help me with cold sprite," Fummi said.

"Okay your money," Jumoke said stretching her palm.

"Bring 2 big plastic," Fummi added.

"Okay na your money," Jumoke said.

"Bring it first na haba I dey run? Where's your oga sef let me report you, Fummi said looking around.

"You're mad," Jumoke said and left to bring the drink.

"Oya sit down let's drink," Fummi said giving her one of it when Jumoke brought it.

"Thats my baby! Work wait first jare," Jumoke said sitting down smiling.

"Hey i know that smile, just say what you want to say else I'll collect my drink from you," Fummi said.

"How is he? Come on gist me nau, Jumoke said and Fummi smiled.

"You are a very nonsense girl," Fummi replied.

"Yes I know, so how are you both coping?" Jumoke asked.

"Cool, we get to talk about so many things and its fun to be with him," Fummi said.

"Tell me something baby!" Jumoke shouted.

"Ah keep your voice low na, Fummi pleaded.

"Leave me abeg, so what do you think of him? Jumoke asked and winked.

"I know where you are going to madam so stop it. In fact i came to say hello, bye bye," Fummi said getting up.

"For your mind you don escape o, we will continue at home, Jumoke said.

"I will travel," Fummi said.

"Fummi my money, i will kill you today!" Jumoke shouted and Fummi ran away.

Read Episode 9 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-9.html

2 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 9

© Miriam Edem

Fummi got home and settled down on the sofa but Nonso was all she saw. She heaved at that and decided to change up but her phone began to ring, she picked it up and it was Nonso calling.

"Wow just when I wanted getting you off my mind," she whispered and picked the call.

"Hello sir, she said.

"Hello ma, I am so sorry for leaving quite early," Nonso said.

"I told you it was fine, I handled the student well you don't need to worry," Fummi said.

"That was so sweet of you. Ermmm have you eaten?" Nonso asked.

"I just got home so I haven't, I was with my friend," she replied.

"Okay I think I have to hang up now so you'll concentrate right?" Nonso asked and she laughed.

"Concentrate with what? I don't feel like cooking, besides who am I going to eat with?" Fummi asked and her countenance changed.

"Its just me now, she continued with a low tone and Nonso felt she was down.

"Can we sit out please? I'll get something for you to eat," Nonso said.

"Nah don't worry, I gat snacks and I am okay with it. okay bye," Fummi said and dropped the call.

She slowly leaned on the wall as her father enlargement photograph was just looking at her.

"How are you daddy? Is brother okay? I hope there's food there to eat? Fummi talked to the photograph in tears and ran to the room..

___

Nonso kept calling Chioma number but she wasn't picking up.

"You need to go now, Chioma said to Festus on bed.

"Too soon? I want to be with you baby," Festus said and cuddled her but she pushed him off.

"I don't want Nonso to suspect anything, he has been calling and he may want to visit me to ask why I am ignoring his calls. You've gotten what you want right? Now leave!" Chioma shouted and Festus sat up looking at her.

"What? You think what you gat is so rare that I can't get it any where if I want to huh? Is that what you think of me that I only came here to sleep with you? Fine suit yourself," Festus angrily said getting up and got dressed while she sat silently looking at him.

"Nonso's love, do you know her? Chioma asked when he was done dressing.

"Why asking?" He asked not looking at her.

"Because its difficult to believe what you told me, i want prove and I want to see it for myself so I'll get over it,"Chioma said and he looked at her.

"Are you sure about that? Because I doubt it," Festus said.

"I want something to hold on, I want to see it in Nonso eyes that he really loves that girl," Chioma said.

"Then what? You'll clap for him and walk out of his life?" Festus asked.

"Do I have a choice? Now where is she?" Chioma asked and he heaved.

"You know I can't tell you that now, I'll be betraying him,"Festus replied and she scoffed.

"Are you kidding me? Will you just be betraying him or you've long betrayed Nonso?" Chioma asked.

"Fine you win, the girl works with him in the same school," Festus said.

"What's her name?" She asked.

"How am I suppose to know? I haven't met her before, Festus said and she nodded.

"so is she a teacher there or something? She asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Look miss, I don't know how the gate of the school looks like, I have no idea okay. I have to go now, take care," Festus said, pecked her and left.

Chioma stood up and locked the door after he left but couldn't stop pacing around,

"Do you really think I will let you go Nonso after all this years then you must be joking. You can't dump Chioma this way for a low class Yoruba girl Never! Watch me fight back cause you started this," Chioma said in anger.

Her phone began to ring and it was her mom calling, "hello mom, she said.

"Sweetheart why is your voice that way? Did you have a fight with Nonso again?" Ifeoma asked.

"Looks like mom, can I trust you and promise you won't tell dad this, Chioma said.

"What is it? Anything darling, Ifeoma replied.

"Nonso is cheating on me mom, he doesn't want to marry me," Chioma said and burst out crying.

"What! What rubbish is that after all this years! Ifeoma shouted.

"Mom it hurts but i won't let him do this to me, I will fight back," Chioma said.

"No no no dear don't do that. You gat men waiting and wishing you will just say yes to him, forget about that idiot please don't do anything funny," Ifeoma said.

"But I love him mom, mom I know Nonso loves me but something went wrong somewhere. I won't throw those years away I will fight back," Chioma said.

"Chioma my daughter don't do that I beg you, he doesn't deserve you to begin with. Please come dear i miss you," Ifeoma said.

"I am so sorry mom but I have to do this, don't worry everything will be fine and please don't tell anyone about this," Chioma said.

"Chioma my dear please come back, you're schooling remember," Ifeoma said.

"Mom I still have 2 weeks left, don't worry mom I'll be fine and greet dad for me, bye mom," Chioma said and took a breathe in.

"If you're not gonna love me Nonso, then who? She asked herself smiling.

Festus arrived and met Nonso with Frank talking, "where have you been man? Nonso asked.

"Chilling somewhere," Festus replied.

"That you didn't pick any of our calls because you were chilling? Frank asked.

"What's the big deal huh? I am back right? And that matters now, I am going to bed, Festus said.

"This early? Frank asked.

"I just want to rest my head, Festus said tapping Frank and left.

Read Episode 10 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-10.html

3 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2020
Is anyone reading this story here?

3 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Uniquechild(f): 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Interesting. Kudos but we need frequent update.Thank you
Oyinprince:
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Olaiya4(m): 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
Oyinprince:
Yes very very interesting [b][/b]
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2020
@olaiya4 and @Uniquechild
Thanks for following but always endeavor to leave your comments

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 10

© Miriam Edem

The next morning Nonso left to the hotel to see Chioma and he found her packing.

"Hi, good morning," she said when he got in.

"Why were you ignoring my calls?" Nonso asked.

"I am so sorry, my phone was on silence and I slept off quite early. I saw it this morning and I was about to call you," Chioma replied.

"You're leaving?" He asked.

"Yea its 1 week already and mom called yesterday saying I must come back that she's missing me already,"Chioma replied.

"And you didn't care to tell me?" He asked.

"I am sorry, Chioma said leaving the bag and crossed her hands on him.

"I was to stay for just 1 week remember? I didn't even know it will be over today," She continued.

"Okay so what time are you leaving? So that I'll get something in the bank for you," Nonso asked.

"Nah don't worry about that because I'll be leaving now," she said.

"You mean if I didn't meet up, you would have gone without me seeing you?" Nonso asked.

"No, I wanted going to the..."

"Still I have the right to know! Nonso shouted.

"Baby I am sorry, Chioma calmly said and he heaved rubbing his head while she held him tight looking at him.

"Tell me you love me one more time, I want to hear it from you before I leave, She said and he looked at her.

"Please don't bring this now when I am angry you are just surprising me with this. Are you done parking? He asked.

"Baby you saying that doesn't have anything to do with you telling me you love me. Why are you putting up excuses? Don't worry about my packing, I will take care of it, Chioma said but Nonso kissed her instead.

"Take good care of yourself, greet every one at home for me and call me when you get there, he said touching her cheeks.

"You haven't.........."you know I do, I have to run to school okay, Nonso said, pecked her and left the room.

Chioma stood shaking her head when he left, "he couldn't just look me in the eye and lie that he loves me, that makes it more interesting, she said and left the room to go after him.

She saw him entered a bike and she did too asking the bike Man to follow him, they all arrived and she saw the school he entered.

She nodded and asked the bike man to take her back.

She arrived at the hotel, took her bag and left the hotel to another one still in the area, then she sat thinking of what to do.

"I need to be sure first and know the girl he fell for, then I'll know my next step, she said and left the hotel to the school dressing simple and covered a face cap so Nonso won't easily notice her.

She kept asking student where she can find Corper Nonso but they all told her they don't know such a person.

"Where can I find the teachers block whatever here? She finally asked and they pointed at the building for her.

She slowly walked up to it and saw a lady sitting beside Nonso talking and laughing happily with him.

"I've seen this face somewhere, she said to herself but can't remember where.

"Sir the time is up," Fummi said to him..

"Ma let's go, Nonso replied and they laughed getting up while Fummi helped him with the books.

Chioma stood beside the building and she watched them holding hands together as they walked to the classroom and her anger was fueling up.

She got back to the hotel shouting angrily and threw things around.

She took her phone and dialed a number, "baby what's up? A lady voice came on phone.

"Girl I feel like going crazy right now, Chioma said pacing around.

"Eh? Calm down first what's the problem? Just talk to me, the voice on phone said.

"Imagine Nonso, just imagine Nonso cheating on me with a small girl. A girl that hasn't reached my standard, look at the insult, Chioma said and the lady burst out laughing.

"Na today you sabi say yansh dey for back? So men that cheats on their wife with an ordinary maid at home nkor?" The lady asked.

"Oh God! I thought he was different. You need to see this girl babe, very dark with tattered hair, girl look at me na. What will a guy want that he will go so low to that extent with such a girl," Chioma shouted.

"Babe calm down o before blood go rise climb your head for nothing. Men are all cheats, na today your eyes come clear ba?" The Lady asked.

"Abeg I wan treat that girl small lesson before i leave this place. Just small make she taste me see say nonsense no good," Chioma said.

"Be careful o, beside wetin be your plan?" The lady asked.

"I don't know na, you sabi say I never do anything like this before so I no sabi," Chioma replied.

"Where you dey sef?" The lafy asked.

"Osun o, Chioma replied.

"Ah I get person for that osun na, shebi na just small touching ba you wan touch am?" The lady asked.

"Babe abeg just small, if e pass that one she fit die, Chioma replied and the lady laughed.

"Now you dey fear? Anyway i will hook you up with the guys so you'll tell them what they need to know. Babe calm down okay, no be today this thing start so take am easy, the lady said.

"Thank you love, you were the only one i know that can help me, Chioma said smiling already.

"Awnn I'm blushing, I'll send your number to them right away so you guys will talk, the lady said.

"Thank you, we will talk later, Chioma said.

"Ill be waiting, the lady said and the line went dead while Chioma jumped in joy.....................

Done with the class they returned back to the staff room with one of the student helping them to carry the books they submitted.

"The students are picking up, I feel so fulfilled now, Fummi said to him after the student left.

"Yea, the way they all rushed to answer questions with joy, ahh I couldn't believe it, Nonso replied.

"And that's because you came here, she said smiling.

"And maybe because I choose you as the right partner too, Nonso said looking into her eyes and Fummi shyly looked away.

To be continued

Read Episode 11 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-11.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 12, 2020
Oyinprince:

yes of course and it's interesting
thanks

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by merieam16(f): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
nice 1 nd very intrestin

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 11

© Miriam Edem
Chioma called up Nons
o telling him she just arrived.

"Okay take care of yourself okay and greet everyone for me, Nonso said.

"Alright take care too, Chioma said.

"I will bye, Nonso said and dropped the call.

"Who was that? Fummi asked.

"Erm my relative, he came to see me. You know my mom sent him to see how I'm faring, Nonso said.

'Thats too loving of her, you're lucky," Fummi said.

"What makes me lucky? Nonso asked.

"You have a mom, not just a mom but a loving mom who cares about you. I see the way she do call and I just wish I had same experience, Fummi said.

"You know what, let's not talk about this okay. Don't consider yourself unlucky, for me I think your children will be more luckier than I am, Nonso said and she smiled.

"They won't go through all that I've gone through. I'll make sure they'll be a better me by far, even if I have to walk naked to make that true, Fummi said and Nonso nodded.

"Hum that's sweet and appetizing to hear. I'm inspired, Nonso said and she laughed.

"Of course I won't let them suffer. What about you? Fummi asked.

"I share in the same dreams. But just imagine if we are together in that boat, that will be more better you know, Nonso said and winked at her.

"You're not serious. You Igbo's that doesn't play with ladies from their place, Yoruba doesn't even stand a chance, Fummi said.

"Is that what you think? Nonso asked looking at her.

"Exactly, sir you are marking the book wrongly, Fummi said pointing at the book and he saw he placed the red biro on a wrong place.

"Ouch this is all your fault, Nonso said.

"How is my fault nau? She asked.

"Because you're getting over me already, Nonso said concentrating on the book while Fummi smiled at that.

The guys called up Chioma and they just stayed at Ede too. Chioma happily met up with them to talk things out.

"What's the girl name and do you have her picture? The guys asked.

"I don't know anything about this girl but she's very close to my guy. If you see any girl close to my guy then that will be her, Chioma replied.

"We can't make mistake in this, you have to be sure, One of the guy said.

"OK I can describe her for you. She's dark, she made this scanty kind of hair, not too tall and she's not fat, Chioma said.

"Owk, can I see this guy picture? One of the guys asked and she showed Nonso picture on phone.

"Please be careful in this, I don't want him to be involved, Chioma said.

"Sure we are best in what we do. He works in the school you earlier told us right? The guys asked.

"Yes, she replied.

"OK we will check them out today. They haven't closed yet, the guys said checking the time.

"Alright thank you, use this for a start, Chioma said giving them money.

"Alright, we'll hint you later, the guys said...........

Done with school for the day, Nonso decided to see Fummi off at home for the first time.

"Are you sure about this? She asked

"Why not? She asked.

"Nothing, though I wanted dropping at Jumoke place else she won't be happy I passed without saying hi to her, Fummi said.

"Wow that will be good, we'll chill there for a bit before I drop you off at home, Nonso said and Fummi eyes bulged out knowing Jumoke won't let her be when she sees Nonso with her.

"We don't have to go there, you need to return back early, Fummi said.

"Am i complaining? I know this your tactics but today I am prepared for you. Oya let's go, Nonso said taking her hand and left the gate.

The guys were just at the gate pretending to be talking among themselves, "that's him, one whispered.

"And that should be the girl too, another said and they watched as Nonso insisted on taking a bike while Fummi wanted trekking.

"How many bikes are we stopping? Fummi asked.

"Bikes? Just 1 jare, Nonso said and stopped a bike.

Fummi climbed on it and Nonso followed and the bike took off while the guys climbed on their took and gently drove behind them..

They arrived at Jumoke work place, but she couldn't stop smiling and Winking at Fummi.

Nonso bought plates of food and drinks for them while they talked for a while.

Done eating Nonso got up, 'I am going to your friend place, today i must know her place," He said.

"I agree with you, thanks for visiting, Jumoke said.

"Its nothing, oya let's go," Nonso told Fummi.

"Bye, see you later," Fummi said to her.

"Bye darling, Jumoke said smiling at her and they left.

The guys patiently waited outside, they saw them got into another bike and they followed..

____

Chioma called up the guys as she was so nervous in the hotel room.

"Yes there are going home now and we're following them, one of them picked up.

"God I am so scared, please be careful, she said and the guy dropped the call.

"Why is she disturbing this way? If she doesn't want us to do this job let her tell us jare, I don't like what I hate, the guy driving the bike said.

"No too vex na, maybe its just her first time and she no sabi say we dey best with anything we dey do, one of them said.

They saw the bike man carrying them slowed down and they quickly stopped the bike and got down.

They slowly strolled to the compound and saw Nonso entering the house.

"OK thats where she stays, one said nodding.

"Will it be today? Another asked.

"Who has such time to waste? Iets finish this once and for all, the one who seemed to be their leader replied........

"Nice house you got here, Nonso said looking around while Fummi tried lighting the lantern.

"Simple for a girl like me,this is just what I have, Fummi replied after lighting it and heaved not knowing what next to do.

"That's them right? Nonso asked pointing at the photograph on the wall and she nodded.

"Thats my dad, and thats my bro, all late now, she said and Nonso looked at her.

"Erm what can I offer you? I didn't know you'll be coming today I would have prepared something for you, Fummi said and he smiled.

"Seriously? But we are ate Jumoke shop maybe next time," Nonso said.

"You mean you'll come here again? She asked.

"Why? You don't want me to? He asked.

"No thats what I mean, She said fiddling her fingers.

"Maybe next time I'll visit you won't be this scared and it won't be in the evening, Nonso said approaching her while she gently went backward.

"Scared? No am not, I am just..." Nonso placed his finger on her lips.

"Is there anything you're not telling me? You like me right? He asked.

"What... What are you saying? Fummi asked and he laughed.

"Just joking, I have to go now, Nonso said going outside already.

"OK I'll see you off then, you won't get a bike that quick here, Fummi said.

"OK if you say so, Nonso said and she locked the door behind and left with him.

The day was beginning to close on them that they couldn't see the guys standing beside the house.

They strolled for few minutes and a bike approached, Nonso stopped and hopped on it waving at her.

"I'll see you tomorrow, he shouted.

"Sure, thanks for today, Fummi shouted back and felt relieved.

"Wow why was I that scared or was I anxious? She asked herself as she walked back home.

She got into her compound and brought out the keys when she saw guys walked into the compound.

Fear gripped her as she rushed to open the door but the guys held her and covered her mouth.

"I'll help you open the door, one whispered to her and got the key, opened the door and pushed her in locking it.

"Please what do you want? I don't have anything to give to you, Fummi shivered as she saw the guys looking at her though their face was partly covered.

"We are just doing our job, one said and passed a blow to her........................

___

"Fummi! Jesu what happened here? Fummi what happened to you! Jumoke who dropped by that night shouted shaking her as she met Fummi on the floor with wounds on her body.

"Fummi please talk to me what happened here else I'll scream my head off, jumoke shouted and Fummi gently opened her eyes.

She could barely see Jumoke because her eyes were heavy.

"Who did this to you nau who did this? Jumoke asked crying already as she tried getting her off the floor.

Fummi tried saying something but her lips were heavy too, "don't bother yourself I'll let your uncles know about this, Jumoke said and wanted leaving but Fummi held her hand and shook her head.

"OK I'll call up my mom that I will be sleeping over here okay, Jumoke said and called up her mom immediately.

Done with the call she quickly locked up the door and ran inside to get a bowl and towel to clean up Fummi.

She boiled up water to press her wounds and wanted leaving that night to get her drugs but Fummi refused.

"You need it girlfriend look at you, what animal did this to you! Jumoke shouted but Fummi eyes was closing.

"Are you feeling sleepy or you're fainting? Jumoke asked confused but Fummi gently laid her head on Jumoke laps and slept off...............

Chioma was just restless in the hotel room and she kept calling the guys but they were not picking up.

"Hey I am finished! She screamed and called her friend.

"Calm down, maybe they are busy thats why they can't pick the call. Don't worry I'll call them, she said and dropped the call and immediately the guys called.

"What happened to you guys? You almost gave me heart attack! Chioma shouted.

"Keep your voice low young woman because next time I won't do business with you again. Why are you bugging us with calls? In fact the job has been done now stop bothering us! The leader shouted and ended the call.

"Hello hello! I hope you didn't get me or Nonso involved in it! Chioma screamed looking at the phone.

To be continued

Read Episode 12 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-12.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 12

© Miriam Edem

"Fummi, fummi, I'll rush down to work now but I'll come back okay, Jumoke called gently shaking her.

"Is it morning already? Fummi asked.

"Yes, I'll go tell my boss what happened then I'll return to clean you up, Jumoke said.

"No, don't worry I will take care of myself, thank you so much, Fummi said.

"Are you kidding me? I said I will come back for you and what are you thanking me for? And don't you dare go to anywhere because I called up Nonso and told him what happened, Jumoke said.

"You did? Ahh you shouldn't have, Fummi said.

"What were you thinking? Look yourself in the mirror and tell me if you can leave the house this way. I'll get drugs for you as I return so just remain here, in fact I am locking the door outside, Jumoke said.

"No no please, I won't go to anywhere I promise, Fummi said.

"Thats better, at least you're relieved to talk when I get you drugs you'll be much better. I have to go now and when I come back you will tell me what happened, Jumoke said and hurried out of the house immediately.

Fummi heaved and looked around the house and felt like crying seeing Jumoke tidied up the place, "thank you so much Jumoke, she whispered and tried getting up but screamed and sat back as her legs hurt.

The guys went hard on her when she hit one and tried to escape. That was when they grew wild and scattered the house beating her terribly.

Recalling that she looked up and saw the photographs broken, "no no, she said and forcibly got up to look at it.

"Why should they break it! She shouted in anger..................

Jumoke lied when she told Fummi she has already informed Nonso about what happened.

She got his number from Fummi phone and called him up on the road, "hello, Nonso picked up.

"This is Jumoke speaking, Fummi friend, she said.

"Oh how are you? He asked.

"Not fine, Fummi was attacked yesterday night and was badly beaten, she replied.

"You're joking right? I left her yesterday and she was good, Nonso said.

"I don't know what happened because she hasn't told me anything yet. I was able to arrest the situation yesterday and I'll get her drugs to ease the pain, Jumoke said.

"Okay thank you so much, when I'm less busy I'll come over there, Nonso said.

"Alright I just thought you should know because she works under you, Jumoke said.

"she doesn't work under me, please take care of her I'll meet you both soon okay, Nonso said.

"Okay bye, Jumoke said and dropped the call.

"What's that? Festus asked.

"Fummi was attacked yesterday night, but I was with her throughout. Who could have done this? Nonso asked surprised.

"How are we suppose to know? Of course we don't look like investigators, Frank replied.

"Did she offend someone or something? Festus asked.

"I can't tell but I'll get to know what happened when I'll see her. See you guys, Nonso said and left for school.................

Festus kept calling Chioma but she wasn't picking up. He left to the hotel she lodged but was told she left already, leaving the hotel he insisted in calling her which she finally picked up.

"Must you run down my battery? She asked.

"Where are you? Festus asked.

"Back to my state, why? She asked.

"When was that? He asked.

"Yesterday of course, she replied.

"Surprised you left yesterday and your enemy was attacked yesterday too, was that your leaving package? He asked.

"What are you saying? Chioma asked.

"I know you're still here, as a matter of fact I saw you yesterday evening, Festus dropped and Chioma was already scared.

"Fine I am here but I'll be leaving tomorrow what's the point? I have nothing to do with what happened, Chioma said.

"Oh you're here? Well I just wanted to hear the truth from you, Festus said laughing.

"You lied! You mean you didn't see me yesterday? Chioma asked surprised.

"Of course not, I didn't go out yesterday. Common text me where you are and ok be there soon, Festus said and dropped the call smiling.

"Bastard! Chioma angrily shouted.

____

Jumoke arrived soon, fed and cleaned Fummi up before giving her the drugs she bought.

"Thank you girlfriend, I saw what you did to the house, Fummi said.

"Please save your strength so you can tell me what happened, Jumoke said trying to press her wounds and Fummi heaved.

"The photographs are broken, they should have done that to my spinal cord instead, Fummi said and Jumoke looked at her.

"Are you serious? Who would have fixed that? Oh please don't say that, the glass can be fixed but can your spinal cord be fixed? Jumoke asked.

"I don't care! They have no right to do that, what did i ever do to them? Fummi tried shouting.

"Hey please keep your voice low, you're not strong for that, just leave the shouting part for me, Jumoke said.

"Did you call Nonso? Is he coming to see me? Fummi asked and she nodded.

"Oh no look at the way I look, I can't let him see me like this, Fummi said with a sad look.

"How did you want to look fummi? You were terribly beaten girl, were you expecting you'll look like Beyonce? Well am glad I'm more prettier than you today, Jumoke said and Fummi drew her ears.

"Will you stop making me more sad, Fummi said and they heard a knock on the door.

They looked at themselves quite scared, "are you expecting someone? Jumoke whispered.

"Yes, my dad and brother ghost, Fummi replied and the knock came again.

"Fummi, Jumoke its me, they heard a voice outside.

"Its Nonso! The ladies coincidentally said Jumoke quickly got up to open the door.

___

Nonso walked in and quickly rushed to Fummi touching her, "who did this to you? He asked.

"I don't know, they were three guys and their faces were partly covered, Fummi replied..

"Did they say anything to you? Nonso asked.

"They said they were doing their job. A phone was ringing and one of them said "she's calling us again, Fummi said.

"Then it was a lady who sent them. What did you do? Did you offend anybody? Nonso asked.

"No way my friend can't even offend a fly. You need to see Fummi yesterday, gosh those guys are bastards! Jumoke shouted.

"I need to take you to the hospital, Nonso said.

"No please I'll be fine, Jumoke got me drugs, Fummi said.

"Don't tell me that, Nonso said and immediately carried her in his arms which got Fummi was shocked.

They looked at themselves for a while, "erm Nonso the door is this way, Jumoke seeing the look interrupted them.

"Sure, can you please hurry and get 2 bikes for us? Nonso asked.

"Sure, Jumoke said and hurried out.

"You don't have to carry me this way, please put me down I'm no kid, Fummi said.

"No way, from today you'll be my baby till you get well, Nonso said still carrying her.

"Oh no I am not comfortable with this, she said.

"OK should I throw you on my shoulders? He asked.

"What! I'm no baby gorilla please, she replied.

"Fine then be baby Nonso, he said laughed while she only smiled.

"How are the students? She asked.

"They are fine don't worry about them but get well soon okay, he replied and Jumoke arrived with 2 bikes.................

Festus met up with Chioma but couldn't stop smiling as he walked into her room.

"Are you spying on me or something? What do you want from me? Chioma asked.

"What are you saying and why are you hiding? Does Nonso know about this? He asked and she shook her head.

"But why? He asked.

"I wanted leaving yesterday but my flight was rescheduled for tomorrow so I had to lodge here, Chioma said and he smiled.

"You don't believe me? She asked.

"Sounds tricky but why was she attacked yesterday? He asked.

"Who are you talking about? She asked.

"Nonso.... You should know her, Festus said winking at her and she scoffed.

"Do I even know her? What makes you think I have anything to do with what happened when I know no one here, she said.

"If so why were you outside yesterday evening? He asked.

"Who said anything about being outside yesterday evening. When you said you saw me I was thinking you saw me when i wanted lodging into another hotel that's all. Are you here to investigate and arrest me? Chioma asked.

"Calm down honey just that whoever did that has a big problem with Nonso. I am sorry i shouldn't tell you but don't feel bad okay, Festus said and wanted touching her but she beat his hand off.

"If you're done now leave, Chioma said.

"Baby are you..... "I said leave, leave now! Chioma shouted and opened the door for him.

"OK fine I'll go but don't take it personal, I was only joking with you okay, Festus said and left while she jammed the door behind her.

"The nerve of you to come here and tell me nonsense! Damn you Nonso! She shouted angrily breathing hard.

She took her phone and dialed the guys number but they blocked her line already. She threw the phone angrily, picked her bag and began packing her things to leave tomorrow..................

"She'll be fine right doctor? Nonso asked after Fummi was checked.

"Yes luckily for her no bones was broken, she only bruises which is not too serious, The doctor replied.

"You mean I can go home right? Fummi asked.

"If you want to I won't stop you. I'll rather prescribe drugs that will get you better soon, the doctor replied.

"If so I'll appreciate it that way, I really don't want to stay here, Fummi said.

"Please don't listen to her, just do the right thing, Nonso said and the doctor smiled.

"Don't worry too much she is fine. Can I see you outside? The doctor asked and he left with Nonso discussing with him..

"uhmmm baby girl you both acted Zeeworld just in front of me within minutes. Awwn just look at the way he carried you, same way Yash use to carry Aati in married again. Oh my God! Jumoke shouted and Fummi couldn't stop smiling shyly.

"Stop it na its not what you're thinking, Fummi said.

"Really? What about the way you both stared at each other? If I didn't interrupt kisses would have followed o, Jumoke said.

"Oh my God you are so silly. Please don't even go there, Fummi said and Nonso walked in.

"You're free to go home, he said.

"You're sounding as if I was in jail, Fummi replied.

"Of course I wanted you to be here so you'll be properly checked and taken care of, Nonso said.

"No Nonso i have to go home, my uncles doesn't know about this and its not fair, Fummi said.

"I understand, I'll go get your drugs then we will go home. And oh, is there any station around so i can report what happened to you? He asked.

"Is that really necessary? Just forget about them because they won't do anything about it trust me, Fummi replied and he heaved.

"If you say so then, I'll be back, Nonso said, gave Fummi a peck and left.

Jumoke couldn't stop coughing as she watched Fummi rubbing the place he pecked her surprised.

To be continued

Read Episode 13 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-13.html

3 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by skubido(m): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
I go love oooo, there's fire on the mountain

U too much OP
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 13

© Miriam Edem

Nonso returned from the pharmacist with the drugs, and they went back home while Jumoke dropped by Fummi uncles place to inform them of what happened.

Soon they arrived at Fummi place and saw her, "when did you say this happened? Her eldest uncle asked.

"Yesterday night sir, just after I dropped off my friend who visited me. I was about opening the door when they got into the compound, Fummi replied..

"But I am just wondering, you hardly go out or look for trouble, Who could have done this to you? Another uncle asked.

"Sir I don't know and I am confused myself. But someone sent them which I am very sure of that and its a Lady, Fummi said.

"Lady? Ah who did you collect husband from na Fummi! One of them shouted.

"Uncle I didn't collect anybody o ah you know I can't do that uncle, Fummi immediately said.

"Uhmmm its okay, but How many were they so we can start informing the police about this, Her eldest uncle asked.

"Three sir, and their face were partly covered which I won't be able to recognize them, thats why I don't think bringing the police into this matter is necessary, it will just be wasting of money, Fummi said.

"Fummi! Jumoke shouted.

"Yes, what will they do when I can't identify the men who beat me up? Will the men still wait for you to bring the police to pick them or will the police answer you without money? Uncle please forget about it and don't waste your money please, God didn't give them the power to kill me and I will recover, Fummi said and Nonso coughed.

"Sorry sir i am interfering in this discussion, Nonso said.

"No its okay, Fummi uncles said.

"I also want those guys to be put behind bars but i think Fummi has a point here, if we get the police what exactly will they do? I think we should just be careful and Fummi should not be allowed to stay alone. If there was someone with her I don't think this would have happened, Nonso said.

"Fummi is stubborn! How many times have we asked her to stay with any of us but she bluntly refused, her Eldest uncle came up.

"Sir I am very sorry about what I want to say and I don't want you to take it as an insult or I am disrespectful. But please I think I am okay here sir, I can't leave this compound because of anything, Fummi said.

"You see, you see what i was telling you? A uncle said to Nonso.

"Fummi its just for a while, after what just happened you need to change environment at least, Nonso said.

"Nonso I just told you I'll be fine, it won't happen again and I am very sure of that, Fummi replied.

"Don't worry, she's a grown up girl and we can't force her. Since she said she'll be fine then that's alright, her Eldest uncle said and got up which the rest followed.

"We will take our leave now and sorry for what happened okay. Don't keep late night and be very careful, a uncle advised and she got up thanking them.

"Its okay, we will be coming to see you from time to time okay, her uncles said and they all left...............

"Fummi o I am not happy with you to be very sincere. Why are you refusing to stay with people huh? What if they had killed you here? Jumoke asked.

"What do you want me to do? Stay with them? No way! Fummi shouted.

"OK fine let's not drag about this, I and Jumoke can be visiting is that okay? Nonso asked.

"No I won't anymore cause she doesn't visit me either, Jumoke said.

"What's all this Jumoke? Fummi asked.

"Jumoke can you just understand with her and let's all respect our decision, Nonso said.

"You are saying that because you didn't see Fummi last night. If i didn't drop by last night what would have happened to her? Jumoke said and Fummi held her.

"I'm sorry, Fummi calmly said.

"You just have to be sure this won't happen again thats what matters to me now, Jumoke replied.

"This won't happen again, maybe it was a mistaken identity, you can never tell, Fummi said smiling to cheer her up.

"Mistaken identity indeed, Fummi said with a frown.

"Okay you have to take your drugs Fummi, but first you need to eat, Nonso said.

"I'll get your food, Jumoke said and left leaving her with Nonso.

He brought out a balm and took her hand, "what are you doing? Fummi asked.

"You'll see, Nonso said and gently rubbed the balm on her massaging her.

"Don't worry Fummi, I'll take care of you from now on, Nonso said looking at her.

"Why are you doing this? Fummi whispered.

"Isn't it obvious? Nonso asked.

"I...i...I don't understand, She said with her heart beating fast.

"Some things are better of not said but noticed. I'll patiently wait so you'll see it for yourself, Nonso replied and Jumoke walked in with a tray of food.

"For all of us, Jumoke said keeping it on the table.

"All of us? Fummi do you remember that tortoise story? Nonso asked smiling.

"Fummi didn't love reading textbooks in our primary school days so she won't read that, Jumoke replied.

"You're crazy, you hated readers most and always lost it anytime your mom gets you a new one, Fummi replied.

"Liar, If so do you know the story? Jumoke asked.

"Yes, its the story of the stingy tortoise who claimed the name all of us just so he can eat the food alone. You know sometimes you behave like that tortoise when it comes to food, Fummi said.

"Fummi! Jumoke screamed and they burst out laughing.

_____

Nonso got a call and it was chioma dad calling.

He got shocked seeing the call and excused himself from the ladies, "hello sir, good afternoon sir, Nonso greeted.

"Afternoon Nonso, how is you and Chioma doing? He asked..

"Very well sir, Nonso replied not getting his question.

"Is that why you don't want to release her back? He asked.

"I don't understand sir, Chioma returned yesterday, Nonso replied.

"We haven't seen her that's why I called, he said.

"Chioma returned yesterday and she called me saying she arrived safely. I'll call her right away, Nonso said.

"Please do and let me know, he said and dropped the call which Nonso called Chioma immediately.

After 3 rings she didn't pick up which he continued calling.

"Yea baby, good afternoon, she answered trying to catch her breath.

"What were you doing? Nonso asked.

"Baby something, I'll call you back okay, Chioma said.

"Don't you dare end this call on me! Where are you? And why did your dad call asking why you're not back yet? Nonso asked.

"What! He called? Chioma asked.

"You heard me right, you didn't return back home as you told me and where are you! Nonso shouted.

"And what do you care? Where are you too Nonso? Are you not with your girlfriend enjoying yourself? Chioma shouted back.

"Is that so? You left me to go meet with another man? Nonso asked.

"I left you or you did? well you were never there for me so stop complaining and acting like you care, Chioma said and Nonso laughed.

"So you're shamelessly on the bed of another man right? Just look at the way you're panting like a deer escaping from a hunter. You're so disgusting, Nonso said and dropped the call.

He switched off his phone and went back to the house to meet the ladies, "is there a problem? Fummi asked noticing his mood.

"No not at all, he replied.

"Fummi, I'll be going to work now but I'll be back early okay, Jumoke said coming out from the room.

"No problem dearie, thank you so much, Fummi replied.

"See you tomorrow Jumoke and thanks for everything. Use this for transport please, Nonso said giving her a note but she refused.

"You're rejecting my offer? Nonso asked surprised.

"You've done enough already, bye and take care of her, Jumoke said and left immediately.

"Don't mind her, thats just how she is lovely, annoying and sweet, Fummi said smiling but Nonso closed her lips with a kiss.

Fummi didn't know when she slapped Nonso after kissing her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Nonso said facing down.

"I'm sorry too but you should have asked first, Fummi said and he looked at her.

"What if I had asked, would you have said yes? He asked.

"You may never know, Fummi said and kissed him herself.

"You didn't politely ask for that you know, Nonso said smiling at her while she faced down shyly.

"We should not be doing this, I'm having a bad feeling here, Fummi replied.

"But why? He asked.

"I don't know you Nonso, she replied.

"What is it you want to know about me? Just ask, he said touching her face but she looked away.

"I'm just scared, I don't know yet if I should trust you, Fummi replied.

"Scared of me? Come on, don't say that you're making me look like a bad person here, Nonso said.

"Please can we not talk about this now and pretend like this never happened? I can't do this I'm sorry, Fummi said.

"You haven't told me why you're saying this. I thought you love me Fummi? Nonso asked.

"What makes you think it was an intimate love? She asked back and he nodded.

"I think I should apologize then for thinking it wrong, I'm sorry, Nonso said and distance himself from her.

"What's that for? She asked.

"Don't worry, I just want to avoid some things, Nonso said forcing a smile..

____

"You just have to calm down okay, he didn't meet us on Bed did he? Festus asked.

"Are you thinking well at all? My dad called him doesn't that tell you something! Chioma shouted on him.

"OK OK I understand but you still have to take things easy, Festus said.

"This is all your fault, I wanted leaving this morning but then you showed yourself to me and we ended on bed. Now this is the result, Chioma said.

"You're sounding like you're regretting when you enjoyed it, Festus said.

"Spare me that okay and stop joking in a serious matter. Please you need to go, Chioma said.

"Why do you keep pushing me away like an unwanted or dejected being? how will you feel I i do same with you? Festus asked.

"Well what do you want? A trophy? No just tell me and I'll give it to you. The fun is over now leave because i have something important to do! Chioma shouted pointing the door while Festus looked at her angry.
___

Nonso stayed with Fummi and watched her slept off, he took his phone and switched it on seeing a text from Chioma, "don't you dare push me to the wall Nonso else you'll regret it" He read and deleted it from his inbox hissing loudly and called his elder brother going outside.

"So someone called today, His bro picked up.

"I'm in deep shit, very deep i think, Nonso said.

"What are you even saying? If you're in shit that means you need a bath why calling me? His bro asked and Nonso heaved.

"Chioma is already cheating on me bro, I don't want this engagement anymore, Nonso said.

"Which Chioma is that? Is it the one that left to see you? His bro asked.

"The one and only. Bro I don't need this anymore and can this yoke be pulled out of me? Nonso asked and his bro laughed.

"You should know the relationship your marriage between you and chioma will bring to our family. Think twice when next you want to cook up such an accusation against Chioma because no one will believe you, his bro said shocking Nonso.

"I don't believe this is coming from you, Nonso said.

"same way I don't believe you can cook such an expensive lie. We all know you didn't want this from the start but now its too late, you cant bring this insult to our family Nonso and disrupt something so important to us. Just take care and don't forget to wash the shit out of your body, his bro said and dropped the call leaving Nonso in anger.

He felt like screaming but then he remembered he was in the wrong place and he doesn't want Fummi to know about this.

"So its like i am never breaking up with this girl, gosh this is not happening, Nonso said not knowing what to do next.

Read Episode 14 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-14.html

2 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Ann2612(f): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2020
Ride on bro,
We are waiting
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by skubido(m): 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 14

© Miriam Edem

Jumoke returned and met Nonso sitting outside, "is she sleeping? She asked after they greeted.

"Yes but I have to go now, when she wakes tell her I'll see her tomorrow, Nonso said.

"Okay no problem, thank you, Jumoke said and he left.

Nonso met with his friends and he wasn't happy at all, "is it that serious? How is she? Frank asked seeing his mood.

"She's doing good, Nonso replied.

"Then why is your face this way? Festus asked.

"Never mind I'm just tired, Nonso replied.....

Fummi woke up and found out Nonso already took his leave, "why didn't you wake me up? She asked.

"I didn't want to disturb you, Jumoke replied.

"Still you should have done that, did he look like he was angry? Fummi asked and Jumoke shook her head.

"Why? She asked.

"Nonso is in love with me but I can't accept him, Fummi replied.

"Did he tell you that himself or you're just guessing? Jumoke asked.

"He kissed me Jumoke and he thought I love him that way, Fummi replied.

"So how do you love him? Jumoke asked.

"As a friend of course, she replied.

"Sorry to say this, but it looks like the beatings got into your brain. Friend indeed, Jumoke said.

"You know I don't like that Jumoke, you are insulting me, Fummi said.

"Sorry ma, its your love life not mine and I don't think I am in any position to tell you how to feel for Nonso. If the friendship and love you have for him is just for a friend, fine its your choice, Jumoke replied.

"You make it look like I did bad telling you my problems, what's the problem with you? Fummi asked.

"I have no problem jare because it is your problem o, its just that I don't understand you anymore. You love this guy and you're scaring him away just after he has told you how he feels for you. Look at the care and love he showed to you and you taking it for granted, that's not fair and you know I'll tell you just the truth. No wonder I met him sitting all alone outside sad, now I understand why, Jumoke said.

"Tell me you're joking, Fummi said and got her phone.

"You want to call him and tell him what now? Jumoke asked.

"That he shouldn't be angry nau, Fummi said.

"Madam drop that phone if you don't know why you want to call him. I thought you'll say to thank him for today and you're telling me another thing, Jumoke said.

"I don't just like your tone this evening, did Bello get you angry or something? Fummi asked.

"Take my boyfriend out of this o, you're so annoying, Jumoke said and left to the room leaving Fummi surprised.

"Jumoke wait you're scaring me, Fummi said meeting her in the room..........

____

Nonso eyes was just wide open that night and Frank noticed it. They strolled out sitting somewhere, "can you now tell me what's bothering you? Frank asked.

"chioma is cheating on me, Nonso replied.

"Are you hurt or angry with that because you're doing same to her na, Frank said.

"You mean I am cheating on Chioma? You really think Fummi is like her? Nonso asked.

"Well i don't know but you shouldn't get angry because you don't even love her, Frank said.

"Now that's the problem, I don't love her and she's cheating me but still we can't end this engagement bullshit between us. I am bleeped up man and its driving me crazy, Nonso shouted and Frank heaved.

"Does Chioma want this to be called off too or just you? Frank asked.

"The bitch doesn't want to call it off but she's fucking another Man. Is that the kind of girl I will marry as a wife? Nonso asked.

"Mind your language Nonso, it hasn't gotten to that, Frank said.

"It has and it has even exceeded, I am tired Frank. I just want to end this and be in peace because I am scared for Fummi. If I carry on with my relationship with her and she get to know about this how will she feel? I don't want to hurt her and this is where i am hooked up, Nonso said.

"Calm down man and take things easy. I think you should call up or meet with Chioma and settle this case between yourselves first. If you two are on the same track then it will be very easy for your parents to take it with good fate and give up else this thing will keep on dragging and trouble will set in between the two families. You need wisdom to handle this and anger won't make you think right, Frank said and Nonso sighed closing his eyes.

"Thanks man, you're the only sensible person I can run to now, Nonso said.

"Eh thank you, try get sense too because you and Festus no get sense at all. You can imagine how pained I am, Frank said and Nonso burst out laughing.

"Because you manage get sense today you don dey brag, mad man, Nonso said.

"Abeg make I go sleep, your own better you get two women but i come dey share for your wahala like say i been send you work, Festus said getting up from where they sat.

"I for like dash you one but you no go fit, Nonso said getting up with him.

"Abeg carry go I no want, i know where i wan go pick my own, Frank said.

"For where be that? I fit sponsor you o, Nonso said.

"Na Calabar o, I hear say their bride price no cost abi na true? Frank said and Nonso started laughing.

"You no wan tell me true Frank, na because of bride price you sure? Nonso asked.

"na you sabi wetin you dey think, na easy bride price I dey find, Frank said.

"Frank frank! Nonso shouted hitting him.

"See i go break your head this night, if you see calabar girl tell me o i don finish, Frank said.

"Festus must hear this tomorrow o, from Delta you wan go Calabar, no wahala, Nonso said.

"If I hear this thing from Festus mouth eh, Osun and the whole nation no go fit separate our fight, try me and see. You wey Leave Abia go Osun you see me talk? Frank said while Nonso laughed and fell on him.

Nonso phone began to ring and it was Fummi calling, "I go meet you inside make i pick this call, Nonso said to frank.

"I been don already go since bye, frank said and left.

"I thought someone should be sleeping by now, Nonso said.

"Good evening, sorry i wanted calling when i woke up but i had low battery. Thanks so much for today, Fummi said.

"You didn't have to, how are you feeling now? He asked.

"Better, she replied.

"OK just go to bed, I'll see you tomorrow, Nonso said.

"Please attend to the students first before coming, I'll be fine, Fummi said.

"If that's what you want but I'm more familiar doing it with you. I'll just miss you there you know, Nonso said and Fummi swallowed.

"Okay good night, she said and dropped the call.

"No Nonso stop doing this to me, Fummi quietly said.

___

The next day Nonso called up Chioma and after 3 rings she picked up, "why are you disrupting a good sleep? She asked.

"Good morning, Nonso replied.

"What's good about the morning and why are you calling? She asked.

"Can we see Chioma? Nonso asked and she giggled.

"You really think I'm in Osun? She asked.

"I don't know but we need to see because its important, Nonso replied.

"Well I am going back this morning, if you have anything you want to discuss with me you can do it on phone okay, Chioma said.

"Chioma let's not make things difficult for us okay. You don't want this relationship, won't it be better we just call it off and save ourselves this unnecessary stress? Nonso asked and Chioma laughed.

"Nonso Dike, when I get back home you will explain what you just said to me to my parents and yours. You will tell them how you caught me cheating on you and I'll also tell them how you are in love with a village girl, you know what that means right? Chioma asked.

"Are you denying the fact that you're not cheating on me? Nonso asked.

"Oh please spare me this Nonso! I left to Lagos to see my friend and we visited the gym together, of course I was breathing hard and you suddenly concluded I was on bed with another man right away just because you're doing same. I can't take this anymore Nonso and I will reveal everything when I get home, trust me when i say you will pay for this, Chioma said making Nonso scared.

"Wait wait I don't know what you're talking about, it was so obvious and you didn't deny it that yesterday, Nonso said.

"Did you give me a chance to explain my self? Nonso you told me I am disgusting, gosh I can't believe this, Chioma said and Nonso just paced around scratching his head.

"Gosh Chioma how am I suppose to know when you didn't tell me you won't be going home. I'm sorry okay, Nonso said.

"You're sorry? What are you really sorry for? Is it for cheating on me or insulting me? Chioma asked.

"For everything, I'm sorry for everything okay, its not what you're thinking and I am not cheating on you, Nonso said.

"Oh please shut up, you think I didn't know? You really think I'm a fool huh? Chioma asked and he heaved.

"I am sorry okay, but I am not cheating on..."

"You are in love with another Nonso and that hurts!! Chioma shouted.

"Chioma please its not what you're thinking please I beg you. Don't tell anyone anything please, Nonso said.

"I shouldn't? But you wanted calling it off didn't you? Don't you think they should know? Chioma asked.

"Please I am begging, don't do this, I had a wrong perception of you and I am so sorry, Nonso said and she heaved.

"So what about her? She asked.

"Her? You mean the Yoruba girl you think I'm in love with? You know very well my family won't accept her so please don't bug yourself about that anymore, Nonso said.

"Nonso I like your sweet coated tongue and you should know I am used to it. I have some parking to do okay, Chioma said.

"Please honey say you've forgiven me, I'm sorry okay, Nonso said.

"Don't worry bye, Chioma said and ended the call while Nonso turned and saw Frank looking at him.

"Hello... Did I hear you correctly? Frank asked waving at him.

"This is not possible Frank, its stupid right? Nonso asked almost crying.

"Who exactly do you want? Frank asked.

"Does it matter huh? Nonso asked back.

"Was Chioma really cheating on you or it was just a lame accusation? Festus entered in..

"Please asking of more questions now is tearing me more, if Chioma should tell this to her parents and it gets to the ears of mine, I cant tell how the outburst will be. But I believe Chioma won't but she's so mad at me now, I have to apologize and make it up to her, Nonso replied.

"When last did you take malaria drugs because you're becoming crazy! You're confused man and in simple language you don't know what you want for yourself. Damn it! Frank angrily said and left leaving Nonso with Festus.

"I thought you were better than this Nonso, imagine you're putting two ladies in jeopardy, why not just choose the one you love and you are happy with and Bleep what your parents will do or say, Festus said.

"Oh you think it's that easy huh? Most times you guys sound like I'm a weakling and a fool or I don't know what I really want for myself when you guys have no idea what I'm going through now! You think this is easy for me huh? Nonso shouted.

"You make it more difficult when you let your parents determine and push you to wherever they feel like, rise up guy and face the challenge once and for all! Festus said and left while Nonso watched angrily.

He hit his fist hard on the wall as he became more tired of everything.......

Chioma jumped up happily after ending the call throwing kisses on the phone.

"You really think you can cut me off that easily Nonso? I know your weakness and that is me, watch me how I'll rule now Nonso Dike, she said licking her lips smiling.

"Now its time to go Chioma! She shouted taking her bag...........

Nonso couldn't concentrate in school and he switched off his phone just to avoid Fummi calls. He tried putting more attention on the students just to take his time, done with the students he left to the staff room with a student who helped carried their books, "

Sir how is Madam Fummi? Is she getting better Now? The student asked.

"Uhm yes, I was with her yesterday, Nonso answered forcing a smile.

"That means she'll resume soon? He asked again.

"Yes that will be next week I'm sure, thanks you can go, Nonso said to him.

"are we getting the books today sir? The student asked.

"No thats not possible, you know my assistant is not here, I'll get it ready tomorrow okay, Nonso replied.

"OK sir please send my greetings to her, the student said and left.

Nonso heaved covering his head on his desk thinking hard, he really want to see her but he doesn't want to complicate matters most.

Its clear to him that things might not work out between them and its better he start cutting it off now before it gets too late.

He tried fighting the feelings but he could not, he checked the time and saw it was part 2pm, "this is enough Nonso! He shouted and ran out heading to Fummi place.

To be continued

Read Episode 15 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-15.html
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 15

© Miriam Edem

Nonso arrived at Fummi place but she was not at home, he tried her number and heard it ringing inside. He left to Jumoke place immediately, "have you seen Fummi? She's not at home, he asked after exchanging pleasantries.

"She's not at home? Then she won't be in her uncle place either. Chai this girl is so stubborn, Jumoke said.

"You know where she is? He asked.

"She'll be in the farm, she replied.

"Farm? To do what there when she's not strong enough, Nonso said.

"She may not be farming but looking at her brother and father graves. She normally do that when she gets bored, Jumoke replied.

"Christ! She does that all alone in the bush? Please can you take me to her? He asked but Jumoke scratched her head.

"I've collected too many permissions from my boss which I don't know he will grant me this one, she said.

"Can I talk to him? Nonso asked.

"Oh no he's not around either, she said and a young girl entered.

"Oh thank God, Kemi please can you take this uncle to Fummi farm? Pleaseeee, Jumoke approached her.

"Okay, the girl replied.

"Thank you, you came to buy something? Jumoke asked.

"No, aunty said I should pay for the money she owed you yesterday, Kemi said bringing out 500 note to her.

"Don't worry keep it for yourself okay, I'll pay her for you, Nonso stop the girl.

"Thank you uncle, the girl said.

"Its okay, can we go now? Nonso asked and she nodded.

"Erm please help me bring her back home, Jumoke said to Nonso.

"I will, let's go dear, Nonso said holding her hand.................

The bike dropped them at a point while they strolled down to the place, "uncle just go straight you'll see her, Kemi said pointing at a path.

"Thank you dear, use this to pay your way back home okay, He said giving her 200naira note.

"Thank you uncle, she said while he gently walked inside.

He saw Fummi sitting on the grass and her eyes bulged out when she saw him, "how did you find me here? She asked getting up.

"What are you doing here? He asked.

"I came to get fresh air and hear the birds sing, she replied.

"Are you not missing the most important reason you came here? He asked and sat down looking at her.

"I know Jumoke told you, Fummi said and sat down beside him.

"So are you relieved? Did you get to talk to them? He asked.

"Can they hear me? I just believe they do, she said sadly.

"If you need anyone to talk to, you have living beings to converse with and not spirits, you don't need to that anymore. And if I may ask, what is troubling you? What answers do you need? He asked.

"Nothing, I just want to keep them and myself company that's all, Fummi replied but Nonso was quiet saying nothing.

"How is school and the students? She asked after being quiet for a while.

"They are fine and they send their greetings. Can we go home now Fummi? You haven't taken your drugs yet, Nonso said getting up and stretched his hand to her.

She smiled and held it while he helped her up, they strolled out of the bush together and got home.

"Can I give you something to eat? Fummi asked but Nonso wasn't himself which she noticed it.

"Are you okay? You're acting strangely and its obvious, Fummi asked and he looked at her.

"You do notice things? He asked and she nodded.

"Then why didn't you notice my love for you or was it not obvious enough? Nonso dropped and shook his head getting up.

"Sorry I don't have to say that and I'm so sorry. Please take your drugs and take your rest, i'll be leaving now, Nonso said but Fummi held his hand.

"Yes it was obvious enough and I am very sorry if my response to you got you angry. Nonso I do love you too despite how I fight it, but I can't help but get scared, Fummi said and Nonso looked at her.

"You love me? Fummi since when? He asked.

"Since when I saw you at Jumoke bar, the kind way you talked to me and when you saw me in school despite the work I was doing touched my heart. But we are of two different worlds Nonso and I......... Nonso closed her lips kissing her.

"Can you stop the comparison now Fummi, Nonso said drawing her close.

"I hope this works out good, I have a confession and I think you have the right to know, Fummi said.

"Okay I'm listening, Nonso said.

"Please promise me you won't leave me when you hear this, Fummi said and Nonso seeing the fear in her eyes knew it was something serious.

"Fummi what is it? You're making me scared already, Nonso said.

"I once had a child..... "What! Nonso dropped.

"No no no is not what you're thinking please. When my brother was still alive, he had a problem with some set of guys somewhere and... And... They attacked one day when I returned from school... And... And no one was at home and they............. "Its okay I understand, Nonso said hugging her seeing how the tears choked her up while she cried on him.

"When did this happen? He asked after some time.

"About 4 years ago, Fummi replied.

"Where's the child? He asked.

"I had a miscarriage so I lost it, I would have had a child but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Nonso I know you're already ashamed of me but I'll understand, Fummi said.

"What wrong did you do? I see a decent lady in you and that made me fall in love with you and that's what matters most to me okay. You don't need to be scared or ashamed of anything alright, Nonso said and pecked her which she forced a smile.

"Now I'm deeply in love with you, if you hurt me I don't know how I'll get over it, please don't break my heart, Fummi said covering her head on Nonso chest and Nonso heart began to beat fast hearing that.

Read Episode 16 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-16.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 16

© Miriam Edem

Nonso was still with Fummi when Jumoke came back, seeing the atmosphere between them Jumoke knew something is different now.

"Where did you go to madam? Jumoke asked drawing her ears.

"Yes basket mouth you told him, Fummi said with a frown.

"Uhmmm, Jumoke just said looking at them with her hands on her chin.

"Here is your money, Nonso said giving her the 500naira he stopped Kemi earlier.

"No don't bother its fine, Jumoke said.

"Take this thing jare, stop forming for me, Nonso said pushing the note in her palm.

"Leave money matter fess, stop putting me in the dark na because I know there's something you guys are not telling me, Jumoke said with a frown.

"Hmm I know because the way your nose was open like Lion perceiving its target, I know you will say something, Fummi said.

"Eh I agree I am lion, so what's up? Jumoke asked.

"OK ma, I and Nonso are together now, Fummi replied and Jumoke screamed jumping up.

"Oh God stop behaving like a village girl abeg, Fummi said.

"Me village girl? You're mad! So you finally accepted him ba? See eh Nonso, let me tell you something about this Fummi, she was already in love with you sinceeeeeeee but she was deceiving her............. "I told him everything oo talk talk, Fummi cut in.

"If I hear na everything, Jumoke said.

"Yes everything you know, he knows it, Fummi seriously said and Jumoke looked at her trying to give her some signs which Nonso noticed and smiled at that.

"I know what you're thinking Jumoke, she told me everything including the pregnancy, Nonso came in.

"And? Jumoke asked.

"And I still love her and that will not change and I hope it gets to the next level and you won't disturb her again, Nonso replied.

"To continue with the and sentence, and go in there and eat your food and take your rest and don't disturb us again, Fummi added and Nonso laughed at that.

"Oh Jesu! Jumoke is this you this people are joking around with eh? Jumoke asked standing looking at them sad.

A knock was heard on the door, Fummi looked through the window to see who it was, "OK and Bello is here so go and.......... "Is okay! When i return by then Nonso will be gone, you will continue this and epistle with your head in between my laps, Jumoke said.

"Oh God that is murder! Fummi shouted.

"Yes and Nonso will not do anything, Byeeee, Jumoke said waving to go see her boyfriend waiting outside.

"And won't you let me see the lucky guy? Nonso shouted.

"And I don't want you too to jare, Jumoke replied closing the door behind..................

Going back home from Fummi place, Nonso called up Chioma on the way but she kept rejecting.

He heaved and texted her, "dear why are you not picking up? I just want to know how you're faring and how your journey was. Please forgive me no matter how hard it is, I'm sorry love, Nonso closed his eyes and sent it.

He arrived at the lodge and met his friends, "so he went to see someone thats why he's coming back, Festus said looking at him.

"See who? Nonso asked.

"The queen on your heart of course, Festus replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about okay, I only chilled out somewhere to cool my head thats all, Nonso replied and Festus scoffed.

"You want me to believe that? He asked.

"And who cares if you do? Please suit yourself, Nonso said and left them.

"Why not just let him be, stop interfering biko, Frank said.

"But he's not doing the right thing and as his friend we have to tell him the truth, Festus replied.

"Look Nonso is right, we don't know how he's feeling now which I know its not easy for him. You are not in his family and he alone can tell the weight on him now and how he's going to abandon the one he loves then spend the rest of his life with someone he doesn't love. Let's try to understand with him okay its not easy, Frank said tapping him on the chest and left to look for Nonso.

Frank saw Nonso sitting on a truck of a fallen tree, "please I'm not in a mood for your judgment, Nonso said to him.

"I am not here to judge you but talk to you. Have you talked with Chioma? He asked.

"She doesn't want to talk to me, Nonso replied.

"You feel bad? Frank asked.

"Somehow because i accused her innocently, I wish she did what I accused her of at least I will have a prove to hold on to which my parents won't deny me of that. But right now it's hopeless, Nonso replied.

"Do you have any hope of falling in love with Chioma if you get married to her? Frank asked.

"Do I have a choice? Nonso asked and Frank heaved.

"I'm sorry man, I usually think rich people doesn't have problems but in your case i am speechless and I don't know where I can help. I am so sorry man but I'll advice you just accept Chioma, match yourself with her and live in peace, thats all I can say, Frank said and Nonso nodded.

"You don't need to apologize for anything, you've tried as a friend and I really appreciate. But you see, I won't leave Fummi, the only thing that is going to separate us is when my stay here is over, Nonso said.

"You are going to break her heart you know, Frank said.

"She will be hurt, and i will be hurt too. But i am not going to end this love story now, I need to enjoy it until I leave so I'll have the strength to face my fate. I just hope she will forgive me, Nonso dropped making Frank speechless.

Read Episode 17 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-17.html

2 Likes

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by skubido(m): 4:46am On Apr 24, 2020
More
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 17

© Miriam Edem

2 months passed by already and Nonso decided to visit home.

Fummi couldn't help but get scared on the eve of Nonso traveling, "its just for a week, I'll be back I promise you, Nonso assured her.

"I'm just worried and scared that you're leaving me, Fummi said.

"But I'll be back, I'm not done here yet you know, Nonso said.

"Please be safe and I'll miss you, Fummi said and hugged him...................

The next day Nonso arrived in his state which his driver was already waiting for him at the airport.

"You look good sir, his driver said to him..

"Thank you, where's Chioma? Nonso asked.

"I'm here, he heard a voice behind him, she slowly walked up to him and kissed him.

"I was thinking it was a joke when you said you'll be visiting, Chioma said.

"Well I wasn't joking then, let's go, Nonso said and they got into the car............

"Corper shun! Uchenna shouted when the car drove in.

"Sir we greet o bless your children biko, Peter added attempting to touch his boots.

"Biko stop this na, you both have been there before na, I dey still learn. Good to see you again bro! Nonso said and hugged his brothers.

"Where is that naughty boy? Chinyere asked coming outside and Nonso hugged her attempting to lift her up.

"Hey you look good, its like the place is not bad on you, Chinyere said.

"Not at all thats why I told you not to worry, where's papa? Nonso asked.

"He went for a meeting, let's go in, Chinyere said..........

That evening the family was complete and Okoye asked everyone to meet him in the sitting room.

"What's the matter? I hope everything is okay? Nonso asked wondering what the meeting is all about.

"Does it look like everything is not okay? Its about your engagement with Chioma, we will be doing her knocking of door in 3 days time, Okoye said and Nonso eyes bulged out.

"Knocking of door? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Nonso asked.

"What's there to tell you? Chioma has been engaged for months now, don't you think its time to go for her knocking of door? When once your service year is over you will return and marry her. What's there? Chinyere asked.

"Still I have the right to know, you can't just bring this up to me as a surprise its not fair, Nonso said.

"What are you saying? Surprise what? Are we talking about another girl here? This is Chioma we are talking about here, we have to do something to convince her parents we haven't forgotten about her, Okoye said.

"Why is her parents worried? What are they thinking that I'll run away or what? If you want I can go talk to them rather than doing the knocking of door this soon and sudden, Nonso said.

"I won't let you do that! That is the main reason I asked you to come down here, we have already given them our word and we won't take it back for anything. The knocking of door holds in 3 days time so get prepared, Chinyere seriously said shocking Nonso.

Nonso looked at them angrily for a while, got up and left their presence.

"Did he just walk out of us? Okoye asked.

"Nonso get back here now! Uchenna shouted on him but Nonso didn't look back.

That night Peter went to Nonso room and met him drinking with a swollen eye. He heaved and closed the door behind, "you don't want to marry her? Peter asked.

"I want to be alone, please leave, Nonso replied.

"Its obvious you don't want to, but you know you can't do anything about this. We all didn't get married to our choice did we? But look we are happy, mom makes sure she chooses the best for us. You're even lucky, its Chioma who is your childhood friend which you shouldn't have complained at all, I'm so disappointed you know, Peter said and Nonso looked at him angrily and got up from where he sat.

"You are happy with your chosen wife because you've not been in love with another, I am more disappointed in you... All of you for that matter! Nonso shouted.

"So its true then, you fell in love with a Yoruba girl? Gosh I can't believe you Nonso! You know very well how our family gets married, you can't bring a stranger in here that's why we didn't waste our time to fall in love. You should have known better when you gave your heart away to love, Peter said.

"Get out now, just go before I'll do something crazy, Nonso said.

"You are asking me to leave your room? Are you crazy or something? Peter asked.

"Get out now! Nonso shouted letting go of the bottle in his hand which scattered on the tiles making his elder brother scared.

Peter slowly walked out shaking his head and Nonso locked the door behind him angrily.

His phone began to ring and he checked it to see Fummi calling, he closed his eyes tight ignoring the call..

___

"What's wrong with Nonso? His not picking up his calls, Fummi complained to Jumoke.

"Babe you know he's going to call you back for sure. He's with his family now remember which they may be discussing and having fun at the moment, Jumoke replied.

"I don't know why I'm feeling scared, my heart is beating fast in a way.............. "Fummi relax! Nonso loves you doesn't he? Now chill, remove the drums with the sticks that is beating in your heart, after all i am not hearing the music sef, Jumoke said.

"When will you be serious for once Jumoke? Fummi asked.

"I cant kill myself with seriousness o, keep listening to the beating of your heart, goodnight, Jumoke said keeping the pillow to rest her head while Fummi looked at her.

"Please don't waste this moment, help me kill mosquitoes on My body iyeh, Jumoke added but Fummi hissed and took her phone to call Nonso again

Read Episode 18 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-18.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by skubido(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thanks mam
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Unbreak My Heart - Episode 18

© Miriam Edem

The next day Chinyere got into Nonso room and found him sitting by the window blind.

Seeing his mother he went to his bed taking his blanket to sleep, "Nonso what's all this? She asked.

"Please its too early I beg you, Nonso replied.

"Will you stop this rubbish! You think I didn't know what you were doing there? You think Chioma didn't tell me how you treated her and accused her of cheating on you? You should be lucky this didn't get to the ears of her parents because you would have been so sorry. Do you realize you are playing with the feelings of the only daughter of Chief Emeka? Would you have escaped the wrath of her father if he gets to know how you treated his princess when there are suitors piled up wishing she choose them.

Which Yoruba demon did this to you Nonso? Who did this to you! Chinyere shouted.

"Oh I feel so privileged and happy that Chief Emeka princess chose me, but did I choose her? Mom I've heard you, after all i have lived my life in the direction you and dad has been pushing me too. It looks like I am just living my life just to please you and dad while my happiness is being pushed aside. I understand okay and don't worry the knocking of door will hold, are you happy now? Nonso asked.

"Whatever decision I've ever made for you and your brothers are always the best, or has my decisions and choices gotten you into a bad and difficult situations? I shouldn't have let you go to this service in the first place and now I understand why I was having bad feelings when you were leaving. You and Chioma were cool and hardly had problems but then a stupid Yoruba girl came in the picture and tore you two apart. I won't let that happen, and if you know what's good for you, break up with her and stay clear from her, else I'll trace her there and give her a terrible warning she won't forget in a Hurry, Chinyere seriously said.

"Is that necessary? I am getting married to Chioma isn't that enough? Nonso asked.

"I want you to stay clear from that girl, you won't tolerate it if Chioma cheats on you shamelessly like you're doing. You better respect yourself and this family Nonso, else you'll feel the wrath of Chief Emeka, Chinyere said and Nonso heaved.

"Must you keep repeating that to me, I know this marriage is just for your interest because you know what this family will achieve when i get married to the chief Princess, you're just greedy thats it, Nonso said and Chinyere slapped him..

'I won't tolerate this insult, I heard what you did to Peter last night and if its that girl influencing you this way then I will take care of her myself, Chinyere said.

"What do you mean by that? Nonso asked with his eyes bulged out.

"I'll put her in her place so you'll come back to your senses. If you don't end this madness i'll do it myself Nonso don't dare me! Chinyere shouted.

"Don't you dare hurt her, I'll get married to your princess anyway let her be! Nonso shouted but Chinyere stormed out of his room.

Nonso called up Frank immediately, "hello man what's up? Frank picked up.

"I'm in hell man, this people already knows about Fummi and they arranged my knocking of door with Chioma in 2 days time, Nonso said.

"I thought this was already settled na? You knew you will get married to her so why the surprise? Frank asked.

"You think this isn't a surprise? I didn't want it to be this soon and they are so mad with Fummi, the things I'm hearing my mom spill out from her mouth, if I don't stay clear from Fummi then she will be in trouble because of me, Nonso said.

"You know then you were just engaged to Chioma, in days to come Chioma has the right to fight with Fummi or even arrest her because she's flirting with her man. I think the time has come you have to stay clear from Fummi if you truly love her, I'm sorry Man, Frank said and tears rolled out of Nonso eyes.

"Life is just so cruel, is so cruel, Nonso said in tears and dropped the call.

"Nonso Nonso please take it easy! Frank shouted but the call was already dropped.

"Whats the problem? Festus asked.

"Nonso parents arranged for his knocking of door with Chioma in 2 days time and if he doesn't stay clear from Fummi, she will be in danger because they can do anything to her, Frank replied.

"Knocking of door in 2 days time? Was he aware of that? Festus asked.

"Nop he was informed yesterday about it, Frank replied but Festus left him immediately and called Chioma.

______

"Yes good morning, and I told you not to call me again at least not now Nonso is around, Chioma said.

"You are not on bed with Nonso that I know, I've heard your knocking of door is in 2 days time, congrats, Festus said with anger.

"Why are you angry? You knew I was engaged to him and I think our little fun is over now, Chioma replied.

"Listen to yourself, you want to marry a man who doesn't love you? What kind of marriage will that be? Festus asked.

"Nonso will have no choice than to love and respect me else he will have to face my dad squarely. I'm not worried about that you know, please stay clear from me now, Chioma said and ended the call when she heard her mom voice approaching her room..
______

Fummi got up and checked her phone but she didn't see any missed calls from Nonso, she tried his number again but it was switched off. She took the phone and ran to Jumoke,

"What is it? Who is Pursuing you? Jumoke asked seeing how tensed Fummi was.

"No one is pursuing me, Nonso didnt return my calls despite I've been calling him all night. Now his number is switched off, I'm so scared, Fummi replied with tears already in her eyes.

"Oh Jesu! If I had knew this love will turn you to baby toy I wouldn't have pushed you to accept Nonso o. What do you want me to do na because i can't catapult myself to Igbo land, Jumoke said.

"You're so annoying, just get out, Fummi said and got inside.

"No vex na, this case sef tie big gele wey pass me, Jumoke said..

To be continued

Read Episode 19 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/04/unbreak-my-heart-episode-19.html

1 Like

Re: Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel by Pius247(m): 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Update ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Literature / Writing Section Best Poster Of The Year 2012 - A Big Thank You! / Second Thought (a Short Story) / Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 515
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.