Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? (696 Views)

50 Reasons Why Yoruba Never Had An Empire But Civilized By Benin / Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa / The Future Of African Traditional Religion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? by matoyeh(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2010
I cant understand what has being happening in Yoruba Movies, I have being watching some numbers of movies, and i discovered that, all the movies promotes traditional method than foreign religions. Why? Is it that they prefer to use charms or magics to Christianity and Islamic?

but, if they want to pray, they pray Islamic or Christianity way, but what it comes to looking for a solution to a particular problem, they must follow traditional way. Is it better or what do you think?
Re: Why Yoruba Movies Promotes Traditional Religion Ethics Than Xtians And Islamic? by oludashmi(f): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2010
Those films are meant to teach/educate you a typical setting of what pple do and how they react to the issues of life irrespective of the religion they belong to and their social lives. Remember that more often than not, we commit so many atrocities be4 realising our new faith. Every film you see out there tells what has happened before, what will happen in future, the possibility of something happening and possible solution to such issues.

Also, it is necessary to keep promoting tradition/culture for our unborn children just as the white men keep promoting theirs.

May I ask why you still bear your local name instead of a xtian or muslim name, why do you still wear buba and soro even after you are born-again and why you still run after local dishes instead of burger and pasteries etc?

The reason our cultures (all tribe inclusive) have gone so low is cos we pretend to be so civilised, learned and exposed that we no longer appreciate who we are.
We need to stop mixing up things, instead draw lines btw areas of life so that we will not mix xtianity/islam with education or education with family or family with culture. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Learn German Language In Weeks / West Culture / Mind Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.