Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week (18090 Views)

Solskjaer To Remain Manchester United Manager Despite Liverpool Humiliation / West Ham Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer To Be Without Three Key Players For EPL Clash / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
grin Use less team
we all know that mournhino made the team useless but with Ole, he will gradually return the club to its former glory that the club is known for

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Allylic(f): 11:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
Oma307:

he took the best decision by selling Fellaini, he is the laziest player I have ever seen. he doesn't use his height well. the day I detest that guy was the day he cause last minute penalty against Everton
..I hate him right from time but that Everton draw made me hate him more..he is practically useless.no correct pass,no dribble..just foul and yellow card
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
MorataFC:
Chai,
... to forgive may be difficult for this man o grin
lol, if as dwarf as Drogba is to Fellaini and Drogba made used of his head and chest to body defenders, by now you will understand that Fellaini was practically useless to Man United.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by bluefilm: 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
They should better wait until after the Barcelona encounters to avoid unnecessary had I known. grin grin grin
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Allylic:
..I hate him right from time but that Everton draw made me hate him more..he is practically useless.no correct pass,no dribble..just foul and yellow card
Ole took the best decision by selling him. what I ask people then was which wing does he play?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Mandubekus: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
dometome:
no he doesn't need to do that. I am already satisfied with his performance so far, we really need better players. One bad thing he did is to let Felling go to soon. If Felling were around we would have won against Arsenal and Wolves. Looking for Felaini and crossing the ball to him is not actually a bad Idea but making it the main system of play is what I don't appreciate. When a match becomes too tough, he comes in and uses his height to bully defenders. Even the best defenders fear Felaini's Height.

where did the best defenders fear Fellaini. I think that's the best decision he made. Fellaini caused us more harm than good
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Mandubekus: 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
prinsam30:

has he won any trophy in his entire career

ask him oo
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Mandubekus: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Oma307:

Ole took the best decision by selling him. what I ask people then was which wing does he play?
exactly bro
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
K
Oma307:

he took the best decision by selling Fellaini, he is the laziest player I have ever seen. he doesn't use his height well. the day I detest that guy was the day he cause last minute penalty against Everton
i swear! That was the exact game that made me dislike the player! That very game.
Abeg you too mush jare, we think alike
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by PrinzCarter(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
ExAngel007:
they nice
dis ur name I dnt understand
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
That does not change the fact that he's not a top notch tactician. Man U are dangling with their reputation.

Edwoodward should go snap up Pochentino. He's proven his worth over the years.

I need gift cards. I wanna buy. Pls dm me. Thanks!

I thought I was the only one seeing it. I still think poch would do a better job. Even though ole has tried but let's be honest here, the performance in the first few weeks of his appointment was down to the players having a renewed energy after the sacking of mourinho. That is normal whenever a new manager takes over. It happened to real Madrid when solari was made manager (before it fell apart again) and also happened with Leicester after ranieri got sacked. The past few weeks we have started seeing the lapses in ole's tactics. His is a full time counter attacking manager and he struggles to break teams that sit back and defend where there's no room for counter. Forget that they beat PSG, it was mistakes from psg and a VAR assisted penalty, psg played them off the park in both legs. The loss to arsenal and wolves compounded it and they got lucky wins against Leicester and Southampton.

I don't see him as a manager that can actually build the team and dominate games like pep and klopp, even pochetino. Man utd made a great mistake not signing zidane when he was without a job. That is a manager that most of the players now watched play and was their idol growing up, so every players would like to play for him. Ole is a novice and that is not what man utd need right now. The problem with man utd is they get carried away with initial success, eg majority of them were actually thinking martial is better than hazard and that rashford is better than mbappe. Really? Now they are shouting give ole the job just because of 2-3 months of success. Why give him the job now when they can wait till end of the season to see how things turn out? It's not like there are other clubs that want to sign him. If they give him the job now the same fans screaming ole is on the wheels will be the ones calling for his head when the wheels start falling off. I wish Jim the best though but I still think they should wait till end of the season.

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2019
CunnyLinguist:
He earned it. Deserves it!

How did he deserve it? Watching United play in the past 4 weeks is not different from how they play when mourinho was manager. Forget the first few months that was just the players doing well to try to prove that mourinho is the problem. What ole does now is park the bus against big teams and wait for counter or mistake from opponents.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2019
markkaycee:
Ki swear! That was the exact game that made me dislike the player! That very game.
Abeg you too mush jare, we think alike
if you noticed, after that error from him, his own players don't allow him to enter the box. what kind of player is that. I am very sure, he can't be called for a trial under Ferguson not to talk of signing him
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by ogunsj: 12:02am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
That does not change the fact that he's not a top notch tactician. Man U are dangling with their reputation.

man united needs a coach who knows the feelings of winning trophies not nearly men like Pochettino. what makes a coach top notch if not trophies. beautiful football without trophies amount to zero. Oleg Solskjaer won two league titles and a domestic cup with Molde football club in Norway, what has Pochettino won? from Espanyol to Southampton and now Tottenham, all same of the same.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2019
Oma307:

if you noticed, after that error from him, his own players don't allow him to enter the box. what kind of player is that. I am very sure, he can't be called for a trial under Ferguson not to talk of signing him
i totally agree with you.
I noticed that!
That game truly changed my views about the player, i was so pissed!!
I am sure ferguson won't sign such a player, thats not his type of player to start with.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by kaey10(m): 12:16am On Mar 27, 2019
ogunsj:
man united needs a coach who knows the feelings of winning trophies not nearly men like Pochettino. what makes a coach top notch if not trophies. beautiful football without trophies amount to zero. Oleg Solskjaer won two league titles and a domestic cup with Molde football club in Norway, what has Pochettino won? from Espanyol to Southampton and now Tottenham, all same of the same.
can ole win any trophies with espanyol or Southampton or tottenham?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by ogunsj: 12:41am On Mar 27, 2019
greenhulk:

How did he deserve it? Watching United play in the past 4 weeks is not different from how they play when mourinho was manager. Forget the first few months that was just the players doing well to try to prove that mourinho is the problem. What ole does now is park the bus against big teams and wait for counter or mistake from opponents.
Solskjaer is only making use of the players available to him right now. how many creative players in man united right that can create five to ten chances in a game? in man city you have them aplenty, the two Silva's, Kelvin Brune, Sterling, Sane etc. during summer the club can support by providing the necessary funds and he can go for players that can do the job for him not these crops of players who can't dribble past an opponent.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by enemyofprogress: 12:52am On Mar 27, 2019
I prefer Rasheed Yekini or Jay Jay Okocha
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by ogunsj: 12:53am On Mar 27, 2019
kaey10:

we are saying the same thing. if Pochettino has not tasted a trophy in his coaching life what then now makes him a top notch coach.a coach is rated by his achievements not even style of play. Zidane, mourhiho, Pep Guardiola, Pellegrini, Conte, etc are highly rated today because of thier trophy cabinet.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Elaibedouglas: 3:56am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Proven himself by winning nothing. If solkjaer makes 3rs position this year he is equal to pochentino. What then if he wins the UCL??
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by afobam(m): 5:24am On Mar 27, 2019
Oma307:

lol...lost a huge sum of money to his error that day. I have forgiven him tho.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by awoo47: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2019
dometome:
no he doesn't need to do that. I am already satisfied with his performance so far, we really need better players. One bad thing he did is to let Felling go to soon. If Felling were around we would have won against Arsenal and Wolves. Looking for Felaini and crossing the ball to him is not actually a bad Idea but making it the main system of play is what I don't appreciate. When a match becomes too tough, he comes in and uses his height to bully defenders. Even the best defenders fear Felaini's Height.
him nd van dijik na same height so y he go fear am?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Gsteve01(m): 5:56am On Mar 27, 2019
Yeye dey smell from your mouth. Kuku put boot for hin leg make he strike for you na.
oblaak:
The chosen one. I only need one thing from you sir. Help us defeat Barcelona and help us win the champions league.. If you can do this then you have done everything you need to do for every Manchester united fan. Thanks. We love you.
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Bet9ja7073: 6:05am On Mar 27, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]see below
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by chally100(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Proven himself with how many trophies?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by KingDonPablo: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

proven his worth by allowing Leicester win the Premier league?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 27, 2019
ogunsj:
Solskjaer is only making use of the players available to him right now. how many creative players in man united right that can create five to ten chances in a game? in man city you have them aplenty, the two Silva's, Kelvin Brune, Sterling, Sane etc. during summer the club can support by providing the necessary funds and he can go for players that can do the job for him not these crops of players who can't dribble past an opponent.

Looks like u don't know the Glazers. If they employ solksjaer then it means they are not ready to spend. Even if they give him 100m he will not complain, unlike poch who already is doing fine at spurs. So if poch were to leave spurs then he would have given the united board his conditions and players he wants, just like zidane did to Madrid. That is when man utd can be considered serious.

To be frank I don't see anything he has done tactically other than just park bus and wait for counter. Is that the tactics that he wants to use to win the league?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 27, 2019
ogunsj:

R u serious? So if a manager won a trophy at eyimba then he should be considered an experience top manager lol. 9k I hope u also know ole relegated Cardiff City when he was their manager. If u are looking for a manager that has 2on trophies why not employ Rafa benitez, at least he has won more than 10 trophies at top clubs (not a club like molde}. Then why is he Newcastle manager?
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 27, 2019
kaey10:

The guy is talking about him winning the title at molde, but he forgot he relegated Cardiff when he was their manager. Yes poch has not won any trophies but he is highly rated because he knows how to build a team that would last the test of time which is what man it's need. Look at what he did at Southampton and now Spurs. Give this man money he will do wonders. He has a style of play unlike ole that still parks bus like mourinho and wait for counter. Its more like what klopp has done at Liverpool, making them a great team even though he hasn't won a trophy. Man it's need to forget about any quick trophies now and get a manager that can build the team from scratch and support him with money. That manager is not ole I'm sorry
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by 21Bandit: 7:18am On Mar 27, 2019
TheGiftedOne:

Wire me your control sharp abeg... number or email
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:27am On Mar 27, 2019
Honestly I don't like this. Pochettino is a better option. Solksjaer na sarri 2.0
Re: Solskjaer To Be Appointed Man United Permanent Manager This Week by dometome: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2019
Mandubekus:

where did the best defenders fear Fellaini. I think that's the best decision he made. Fellaini caused us more harm than good
I don't think so. victory against Juve would not have been possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Refuse To Meet Sarri's £7million Release Clause From Napoli / AFCON 2019: Rohr Advises South Africa On How To Beat Libya After 1-1 Draw With N / Kelechi Osunwa Is Top Scorer In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.