Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos (88815 Views)

Ex-Child Dancer, Amarachi Dance, Then Vs Now Photos / 30 Years After: 'Coming To America' Stars Then And Now (Photos) / See Jean-claude Van Damme's Epic Split Between Two Reversing Volvo Trucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by tj2018: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2019
DRPAIT123:
Only the muscles of the Lord standeth forever
The great one of Israel,the Lord of host.
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by nams77: 10:31am On Mar 27, 2019
tesppidd:
Stepehn Seagal one bad mother.. ....

Dem nor dey beat am for film.

I tire for that guy film. Hand no dey ever touch am
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by JaceBlaze: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2019
Damn my childhood superheroes cry ,grew up on these guys,back when VCRs were the best thing in town.

4 Likes

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by northvietnam(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2019
AfroMighty:
van damme, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,
Sylvester Stallone, jet li, and the actor in that movie the dragon bridge (can't remember the name) were our heroes then...

Dolf Lundgreen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Van damme.
Dude ended up like Nicholas Cage and Stephen Seagal.
They now act 'Straight to DVD' films.
Although Stephen Seagal dey do am since. He's One Punch man of Hollywood grin grin

Yea, nobody dey ever beat Steven Seagal. lol. I guess movie producers got tired of his same style of beating up everybody. He is lucky to have started making/producing his own movies by himself in the early 2000s till date, and making a lot of money from it. Van Damme just went off the scene for a while when he was no longer getting roles. And as for Nicholas Cage, he is still a great actor, and still gets roles in big movies like Sorcerer's Apprentice, Kick Ass, Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse and a couple of other animation movies.

2 Likes

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by shegra58: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2019
DRPAIT123:
Only the muscles of the Lord standeth forever
The great one of Israel,the Lord of host.
Stop lying Jesus no get muscles cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2019
kamez:

Bolo young featured in both movies... (double impact and blood sport)

Yes, but that picture is from Bloodspot.

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by castro316: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2019
Sanchez01:

Lol! It is pronounced 'Wah-way'.
Just say. "Who are we". You will be fine
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2019
blowjohn:

Lol Steven seagal wey no dey ever injure for him movies.
The guy go beat like 50 people without any injuries
grin
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2019
kernniejay:
Bolo Young, very wicked boss. I remember that scene where Vanne Dam threw a drum at him and he kicked it away with just his leg. I also remember a scene where he finished killing someone in a wrestling ring and pointed to Vanne Dam among the crowd and told him "you are next".

Hahaha! You just refreshed my memory. I remember those scenes too.

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by Cannicus: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2019
KingTom:
I was waiting for someone to point out that the movie is actually BLOOD SPORT, of 1988 which is 31 years and not double impact. Sadly, no one did grin

kay29000:

Thank you jare. I was going to point that out till I saw your comment. I guess the mods are indomie generation kids too.

There's a scene in that Double Impact I can NEVER forget.

Care to guess ? grin

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by SpaceTour: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2019
Bolo started movie acting way back with Bruce Lee in the 70s. Van Damm is just from 90s.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2019
Cannicus:

There's a scene in that Double Impact I can NEVER forget.

Care to guess ? grin

Chai. I know it's a sex scene, but I can't fully remember it. Alcohol don mess up my memory. I just know there was something about the particular sex scene.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:
I'm downloading this movie again,now

Please can you give me a link? I'm also looking for where I can download Universal Soldiers...the first one o, not all those reboots.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by hausadreturn(m): 10:48am On Mar 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Van damme.
Although Stephen Seagal dey do am since. He's One Punch man of Hollywood grin grin
Help me.
I keep hearing straight to dvd.
What exactly does a straight to dvd film mean?
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by kay29000(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2019
viktor88:

OP is not right, the boss can not dress that one in double impact, he dressed to fight in a ring fight with what he put round his head but in double impact there was no such dressing since they did not fight in the ring

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by tesppidd: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2019
WHITELIGHTER:

I'm telling u, and he nu dey move from wia he stand.
grin grin grin
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2019
That 360° kick was his Finisher back then.
Now, he's just waiting to be finished
zabuur:
2 of my favorites martial artists.

Van damme with fully split and with his 360 degrees back kick

Bolo young, the bad guy with very few words.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by tesppidd: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2019
nams77:

I tire for that guy film. Hand no dey ever touch am
lol
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by femi4: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2019
AfroMighty:
Sylvester Stallone, jet li, and the actor in that movie the dragon bridge (can't remember the name) were our heroes then...
Arnold should be there....
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2019
lilmarley:
my greatest fear is pronouncing "HUAWEI" in public cry cry

WHO ARE YOU?
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 27, 2019
AfroMighty:
bridge of dragons dolph lundgren cheesy
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 27, 2019
AfroMighty:

Indomie generation don't know them.....
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by theoldpretender(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2019
hausadreturn:
Help me.

Most films get a cinema release first, then a DVD release at least one year later.

Straight to DVD films don't necessarily get a cinema release. They are sold immediately as DVD.

Of course it varies by country. Here in Naija most Nollywood films are straight to dvd. Only a few like Okafors law, 76 and up North get a cinema release first.

Straight to DVD films as a rule are not as good as the films released in cinemas first

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by Cannicus: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2019
kay29000:

Chai. I know it's a sex scene, but I can't fully remember it. Alcohol don mess up my memory. I just know there was something about the particular sex scene.

My guy, the way he take handle that babe no be here.

Na real jangilova style dem do grin
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by TemmyT002(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2019
Wow!!
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by JaceBlaze: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Van damme.
They are no longer Box Office material but they held Hollywood down for two decades straight,not many actors can brag of such.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2019
hausadreturn:
Help me.
No theatrical release (cinema, imax etc). Just straight to dvd once it's released

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by emmayoc: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2019
Those days of video cassette player
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by fredoooooo: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2019
ojay2053:
He’s talking about dolph lundgren same guy in the movie called “Red Scorpion” that’s one of the movie that brought him lime light.

I just add Arnold to the list of A- list action movie acyors back then ...

1 Like

Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2019
JaceBlaze:
They are no longer Box Office material but they held Hollywood down for two decades straight,not many actors can brag of such.
Extravagant lifestyle made some of them broke plus they are now old. So they hop on any B movie for cash.
Clint Eastwood hasn't been in a lot of movies lately but he still gets major role in big films. Take 'The Mule' for instance with 70% rating on rotten tomatoes.
Re: Van Damme & Bolo Young: Then Vs Now Photos by hausadreturn(m): 11:03am On Mar 27, 2019
theoldpretender:

Most films get a cinema release first, then a DVD release at least one year later.

Straight to DVD films don't necessarily get a cinema release. They are sold immediately as DVD.

Of course it varies by country. Here in Naija most Nollywood films are straight to dvd. Only a few like Okafors law, 76 and up North get a cinema release first.

Straight to DVD films as a rule are not as good as the films released in cinemas first
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fan Mocks Paul, Peter Okoye Responds / Linda Ikeji Flaunts Curves, Says Her "Butt Is Badder Than Yours" / I Begged A Brazilian For 10 Years — Davido Changes His Instagram Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.