Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt (521 Views)

Sultan Of Brunei (the Richest Monarch Alive) His Wealth, Cars And Jets / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / Brunei Gay Law: Gay Sex And Adultery Punishable With Death Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by United4greatnes: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2019
HENCEFORTH GAY PEOPLE WILL BE STONED TO DEATH, THIEVES AMPUTATED, BRUNEI’S NEW SHARIA LAW

Brunei could start whipping or stoning gay people to death next week when strict new laws are introduced, human rights groups say. The tiny oil-rich nation already implements Sharia laws, with homosexuality punishable with up to ten years in prison.

But from the start of next month the government plans to amend the penal code to mean LGBT people could be stoned to death and thieves could have limbs amputated.

Amnesty International today slammed the plans, describing the Islamic criminal laws for gay sex and theft as 'vicious'.

Brunei was the first East Asian country to introduce Islamic criminal law in 2014 when it announced the first of three stages of legal changes that included fines or jail for offences like pregnancy outside marriage or failing to pray on Friday.

Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (second right) speaks during his summit talks with South Korean President Moon Jae-in earlier this month
Previously homosexuality was illegal in Brunei and punishable by up to ten years imprisonment, but the changes would allow whipping and stoning to death for Muslims found guilty of adultery, sodomy and rape, said human rights groups.

The new penalties, which also apply to children, are in new sections under Brunei's Sharia Penal Code and will come into effect April 3, Amnesty said in a statement.

The country delayed implementing the final two stages of changes after an international backlash in 2014 which included a boycott of the Beverley Hills Hotel, which is linked to Brunei's government.

But now Brunei authorities plan to go ahead with both stages, said Matthew Woolfe, founder of human rights group The Brunei Project.

Brunei's sultan instituted the Sharia Penal Code in 2014 to bolster the influence of Islam in the tiny, oil-rich monarchy, which has long been known for conservative policies such as banning the public sale of liquor.

Amnesty labelled the penal code as a 'deeply flawed piece of legislation' with a range of provisions that violate human rights.

The legal changes were announced in a discreet notice on the attorney general's website, the human rights group said.

Rachel Chhoa-Howard, Brunei researcher at Amnesty International, said some of the potential offences 'should not even be deemed crimes at all, including consensual sex between adults of the same gender'.

She added said: 'To legalise such cruel and inhuman penalties is appalling of itself.

'Brunei must immediately halt its plans to implement these vicious punishments and revise its penal code in compliance with its human rights obligations.

'The international community must urgently condemn Brunei's move to put these cruel penalties into practice.'

https://www.diasporareporters.com/henceforth-gay-people-will-be-stoned-to-death-thieves-amputated-bruneis-new-sharia-law/

Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by IamD18: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2019
We need these laws in Nigeria.

Addition to it; Fullani Herdsmen should be shot at sight.
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2019
not bad
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by IamD18: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2019
•••••
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by United4greatnes: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2019
Good move
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by panafrican(m): 4:22am On Mar 28, 2019
The message is clear .
To hell with the United Homosexuals ( UN and EU).
We all know they will be the first to condamn and harass that country.
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2019
I know a lot of religious folks will be happy with the killings. I bet Jesus killed a lot of gays too. Probably the Bible never mentioned it because it won’t look good on his resume as a loving God.

Or maybe Jesus was too lily liveried to kill them himself, so he indirectly told his followers to kill them by his strongly worded message against them in the New Testament.

Probably should change the passage in the Bible where it says murderers will go to hell.

That is why I like Islam, no hypocrisy on their part. At least they tell you upfront that they are a murderous bunch and are even rewarded with 72 virgins, while Christianity will be claiming that they are a religion of love.

Christianity and Hypocrisy are like Bread and Ewa Agoyin.

1 Like

Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by id911(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2019
kmcutez:
I know a lot of religious folks will be happy with the killings. I bet Jesus killed a lot of gays too. Probably the Bible never mentioned it because it won’t look good on his resume as a loving God.

Or maybe Jesus was too lily liveried to kill them himself, so he indirectly told his followers to kill them by his strongly worded message against them in the New Testament.

Probably should change the passage in the Bible where it says murderers will go to hell.

That is why I like Islam, no hypocrisy on their part. They tell you upfront that they are a murderous bunch and are even rewarded with 72 virgins, while Christianity will be claiming that they are a religion of love.

I don't even understand your comment, neither here nor there. Are you sure you're not a Yabaleft patient? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by Aaronsrod: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
id911:

I don't even understand your comment, neither here nor there. Are you sure you're not a Yabaleft patient? grin grin

She is a fool!

She insults us and all true Christians. We need this laws in Nigeria.

Then we should be allowed to skin this gays alive. Then roll them in salt. Then roll them in tar. Then roll them in feathers. Then set them on fire as a sacrifice of praise to the Almighty who has commanded us to kill them.

This we pray. In Jesus Name.
Re: Henceforth Gay People Will Be Stoned To Death, Thieves Amputated- Brunei's Govt by panafrican(m): 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
kmcutez:

That is why I like Islam, no hypocrisy on their part. At least they tell you upfront that they are a murderous bunch and are even rewarded with 72 virgins, while Christianity will be claiming that they are a religion of love.

Women don't speak like that.You are a "tranny" most likely grin

(1) (Reply)

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Penis / Helicopter Collision Kills 13 French Soldiers Who Were About To Attack Mali / Time For A US Presidential Candidate Who Is Black Like An African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.