Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (533591 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Danfoster101: 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
seyewest:

Which is normal because of a lot of bad economy decision made by this Govt and insecurity in the country.

I'm in unison with that but i think the U.S consulate can do better with filtering people without cogent reason to jet into their country. It's distasteful that I have to trash a whole year work of data analytics and research just in preparation for this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 12:45am On Oct 11, 2019
Danfoster101:

I'm in unison with that but i think the U.S consulate can do better with filtering people without cogent reason to jet into their country. It's distasteful that I have to trash a whole year work of data analytics and research just in preparation for this.

This visa regime too shall pass, its only a matter of time. The U.S. govt knows how to fix this illegal migration issue but heaven knows why they don't act. The loopholes are so glaring and easy to take advantage of. In reality, outside of familial ties or a job sponsorship/ education visa, there is really no other migration route to the U.S. for Nigerians. If they created a separate migratory path and blocked the change of status route through a non migrant visa, things will shape up real quick
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 11, 2019
seyewest:

Europe or Asia will be more than enough with the Dubai trip.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mroyato(m): 2:01am On Oct 11, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Dem no dey vex nothing! The persons you are talking of weren't qualified, simple. People are still getting that visa wella, but I repeat, these are mostly people intent on only going to the US according to purpose and returning in one piece to their lives in Nigeria. The VOs in fact in my opinion got better, please!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TEXAS79(m): 3:48am On Oct 11, 2019
NIGERIANS ARE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE,BUT THANKS FOR ASKING FOR CORRECTION IF U WRONG,I ACTUALLY DID MY CHANGE OF STATUS WHEN I GOT HERE FOR A ONE YEAR COURSE,ANYWAYS MY STAY HERE IS LEGAL NOW AND WITH MY FAMILY.
flourishing247:

Did you legally legalize your stay now? Has your family been able to join you or visit you since you travelled?
You see my greatest challenge in your story is that you got a visitors visa and got there REFUSED to come back. This is why Nigerians are having a tough time getting their visas approved. This is so wrong.

Let's learn to do the right thing. I'm also a bit skeptical about the work that you claim you do. For an illegal resident, that's quite a reach!!

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TEXAS79(m): 3:52am On Oct 11, 2019
MY OGA WHY DONT YOU ASK QUESTIONS B4 U CRUCIFY ME,AM A PHARMACIST AND I DID CHANGE OF STATUS TO STUDENTS VISA FOR A ONE YEAR COURSE AND AM LEGALLY STAYING HERE WITH FAMILY,SO HOLD UR PEACE PLEASE I NEVER BLOCKED ANYONE FROM GETTING VISA
AngelicBeing:

Visit visa =meant for visit but you take am vammoose despite all the stories you told the VO =jappa, consequences for others who apply and are indeed genuine visitors = Denial, and tomorrow we are shouting and ranting online that why is the US denying Nigerians visa = the rat wey dey chop person leg, Na inside house e day, back to my hiding spot with my Tim Hortons double, double coffee and sandwich tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TEXAS79(m): 3:56am On Oct 11, 2019
PLEASE LOOK FOR THE PERSON BLOCKING YOU FROM GETTING VISA,I HAD A GOOD JOB AS A PHARMACIST IN NIGERIA SO WHAT GOOD JOB ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD TELL THE TRUTH AT THE EMBASSY AND BEND DOWN TO PRAY BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW,IT IS GOD THAT GIVES NOT YOUR GOOD JOB NOR YOUR INTENTIONS,PLEASE HOLD YOUR PEACE,I AM LEGALLY LIVING HERE WITH MY FAMILY.
helpee:
You guys are just blocking the chance of future genuine travellers. One will now keep wondering why the embassy keeps denying people with good jobs. It is because people like you have abused the visas and you come online to share it . You think embassy officials are not on this forum? Not fair really
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 4:10am On Oct 11, 2019
TEXAS79:
PLEASE LOOK FOR THE PERSON BLOCKING YOU FROM GETTING VISA,I HAD A GOOD JOB AS A PHARMACIST IN NIGERIA SO WHAT GOOD JOB ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD TELL THE TRUTH AT THE EMBASSY AND BEND DOWN TO PRAY BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW,IT IS GOD THAT GIVES NOT YOUR GOOD JOB NOR YOUR INTENTIONS,PLEASE HOLD YOUR PEACE,I AM LEGALLY LIVING HERE WITH MY FAMILY.
oga swerve. I am a consultant family physician. That should be enough for your rant. You went ahead to give nigeria a bad name and you are glorifying it on the internet and you have gut to say you had a good job as a pharmacist. How much was your salary self? Is it not my field? You think everyone is illegally minded like you? Just delete your so called transcript. It is not helping anybody. Congrats for living legally with your family. Nigerians will fraudulently get a visa and attribute it to God. So God told you to tell lies you will come back after getting the visa and then you ran away. If your own God is powerful, why can't you tell them you won't come back which is the truth that God desires. You lied and it is God and you now wonder why nigeria is bad

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Octrem: 4:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Danfoster101:

I don't know why you give this VOs too much props...well, I guess it's just props but @mroyato is right with the observation cos as it is right now, if you're single and (or) without travel history on the B1/B2 visa application, you will be bounced. Don't waste your money. Doesn't matter if your intent are genuine or not; I know this cos I was there today with my colleague. We applied for the same visa, tho she's married but y'all know how a young man like to have his things together before settling cos he wants his kids have a better life than he'll ever have. The following background details is why @mroyatoy is right.

My company, a fully licensed IMTO in the U.S and Nigeria was to send two of us (all expenses) paid to the biggest International Money Transfer and Payment Conference in the US, Whole idea is to network and meet new partners to expand our services and demography. Let me reiterate that I'd been denied visa one time for the 2007dv lottery which I stated on my application, after which I got my degree and comfortably earning a high six figure with assurance of a secured job; so you know I'm not desperate for a US visa to settle for a meager $9/hr life. My colleague (female) married, with a travel history to Dubai & SA got approved tho; so No, you don't stand a chance if you don't have a strong home ties and travel history. Your fate has already been 100% decided if without home ties and T. History and 50% decided if you have the afformentioned.

You know you don't stand a chance when they cut you off between answering a question and asking just this 4 questions which are as follows:

1. Why are you going to the US?
4. What do you do for work?
2. Are you married?
3. Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before?

*modified*

The reciprocity fee is still effective, note to all intending interviewee.
Hahaha lol, those four questions sealed my faith on Monday. Have u travelled out before? The moment I said no, you can imagine lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BABSFREY: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2019
seyewest:

They will acknowledge receipt of your email and if your administrative processing was positive, they will send you a mail to come to the embassy to pay the N49000 and submit your passport.

Thank you for your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aleora(f): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2019
[quote author=Mancala post=83021337][/quote]honestly you nailed the first paragraph,reading about how people get pissed,angry and complain about been denied USA visa, then i thought to myself if the intention to tour America is genuine, and been denied visa,why not try other countries,we have nice places to visit in Greece,Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia,Palawan Island, Philippines and lots of tourist destinations,the question is WHY USA?if not to JAPA......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:29am On Oct 11, 2019
TEXAS79:
NIGERIANS ARE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE,BUT THANKS FOR ASKING FOR CORRECTION IF U WRONG,I ACTUALLY DID MY CHANGE OF STATUS WHEN I GOT HERE FOR A ONE YEAR COURSE,ANYWAYS MY STAY HERE IS LEGAL NOW AND WITH MY FAMILY.

I salute you Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2019
TEXAS79:
MY OGA WHY DONT YOU ASK QUESTIONS B4 U CRUCIFY ME,AM A PHARMACIST AND I DID CHANGE OF STATUS TO STUDENTS VISA FOR A ONE YEAR COURSE AND AM LEGALLY STAYING HERE WITH FAMILY,SO HOLD UR PEACE PLEASE I NEVER BLOCKED ANYONE FROM GETTING VISA

Did you tell the VO during your interview that you will do change of status and apply for a student visa on arrival? Your answer l know is you didn't.

As a certified flogger appointed by The US EMBASSY to flog people who abuse the original intent of their visas, I will flog you 50 million lashes of koboko for lying to the VO and I will contact my friend Donald Olusegun Ibrahim Eze Trump to revoke your visa for misrepresentation , you will have to come back to Nigeria and do the proper thing by applying for a student visa.

Lastly you will do 6months community service by sweeping and cleaning both the US EMBASSY in Nigeria and the Nigerian National Assembly as part of your punishment shocked

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2019
I am single, stated that during my interview and was still issued a visa this year. My holiday plan was for two weeks, went and returned after 8 days because I had a meeting that suddenly came up in 9ja that could not be postponed. My travel history is not even as extensive as yours. I don't know what criteria they use, but I am done second guessing

mroyato:
Chief there's nothing in this world to convince me about marriage not being the number 1 tie. I wasn't going to say this but let me write briefly and temporarily an abstract of my profile.

1. I have a decent and proper travel history. Infact our discussion started with my last flight ticket to Milan which I forgot in my passport. I have been to Milan, Paris, Berlin, Rome (Single entry schengen visa tho). I have also lost count on the number of times I have been to south Africa because I had my MSC there. I have also visited Kenya, Kigali, Windhoek, and Addis at least twice. So what travel history are we talking about?

2. I have a decent job. I mean decent decent. Proper 6 figure salary with an international org.

3. I am single.

At the end of the interview, he said I know it is shocking but I am refusing your application.

Note: In about 4 hours at the embassy, all the people for counter 6 (or whatever counter people who were issued visas was supposed to report ) were all married people except for young people travelling for studies. But if you are single and your application is tourism/vacation, sorry is your case.

Caveat: A lot of our people are actually trying their luck at this thing. I wouldn't grant a lot of the visas too if I were a consular. Some Nigerians have no business going near the U.S embassy. It was all fun tho I really enjoyed myself at the stories our people were cooking during the interviews.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2019
Aleora:
honestly you nailed the first paragraph,reading about how people get pissed,angry and complain about been denied USA visa, then i thought to myself if the intention to tour America is genuine, and been denied visa,why not try other countries,we have nice places to visit in Greece,Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia,Palawan Island, Philippines and lots of tourist destinations,the question is WHY USA?if not to JAPA......

Those places are forbidden oooo grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mroyato(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2019
groovychik:
I am single, stated that during my interview and was still issued a visa this year. My holiday plan was for two weeks, went and returned after 8 days because I had a meeting that suddenly came up in 9ja that could not be postponed. My travel history is not even as extensive as yours. I don't know what criteria they use, but I am done second guessing

I think it's one of two things. You must have been to the U.S. before or have a family member in the U.S.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 11:59am On Oct 11, 2019
seyewest:

Those places are forbidden oooo grin
Forbidden ke, Greece and Croatia are good tourist destinations but Philippines is a glorified Oshodi / Mushin / Yaba, although they also have some tourist attractions but I will pass, it should be the last place l will choose to visit.

I will rather visit Lome / Banjul / Abidjan / Dakar and eat correct roasted chicken / goat meat and drink francophone spirit in a cosy hotel than visit the Philippines tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
TEXAS79:

You are a Liar!!!

Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better or having less guilty conscience.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Did you tell the VO during your interview that you will do change of status and apply for a student visa on arrival? Your answer l know is you didn't.

As a certified flogger appointed by The US EMBASSY to flog people who abuse the original intent of their visas, I will flog you 50 million lashes of koboko for lying to the VO and I will contact my friend Donald Olusegun Ibrahim Eze Trump to revoke your visa for misrepresentation , you will have to come back to Nigeria and do the proper thing by applying for a student visa.

Lastly you will do 6months community service by sweeping and cleaning both the US EMBASSY in Nigeria and the Nigerian National Assembly as part of your punishment shocked

lol!!...Are you minding that made up lies he's coming up with? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IamR: 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Forbidden ke, Greece and Croatia are good tourist destinations but Philippines is a glorified Oshodi / Mushin / Yaba, although they also have some tourist attractions but I will pass, it should be the last place l will choose to visit.

I will rather visit Lome / Banjul / Abidjan / Dakar and eat correct roasted chicken / goat meat and drink francophone spirit in a cosy hotel than visit the Philippines tongue
What about a visit to Israel? Is it considered a good travel history?
In short; Israel+Dubai+Rwanda+Ethiopia are they OK to be mentioned as travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:

I get you but getting travel history is like a forbidden fruit even though they know it's important.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You are a Liar!!!

Keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better or having less guilty conscience.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
IamR:

In short; Israel+Dubai+Rwanda+Ethiopia are they OK to be mentioned as travel history?

Yes of course.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IamR: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
seyewest:

Yes of course.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
IamR:

Yes with the exception of Rwanda and Ethiopia in my own opinion though but a trip to the Schengen zones + lsrael + the UAE is preferable, if I am a VO. and I see trips to Schengen countries plus a good home ties, I will approve the visa but sometimes you can hardly predict the VO's
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Yes with the exception of Rwanda and Ethiopia in my own opinion though but a trip to the Schengen zones + lsrael + the UAE is preferable, if I am a VO. and I see trips to Schengen countries plus a good home ties, I will approve the visa but sometimes you can hardly predict the VO's

That trip cost more than N2.5M, Rwanda and Ethiopia is cool with Dubai and Israel is enough, I will issue the visa if his other ''ties'' are in order.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IamR: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
seyewest:

That trip cost more than N2.5M, Rwanda and Ethiopia is cool with Dubai and Israel is enough, I will issue the visa if his other ''ties'' are in order.
You are very correct.

I plan to visit US by 2021, I want to have enough travel experience.
As for other ties: I am in my late 30s, married with kids, job with good 6 figures, 7 landed properties, 30m+ naira investment in treasury bill & eurobond and about 1m+ in the bank account, for now. I want to build my ties very well before applying in 2021. What do you see to it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
IamR:

You are very correct.

I plan to visit US by 2021, I want to have enough travel experience.
As for other ties: I am in my late 30s, married with kids, job with good 6 figures, 7 landed properties, 30m+ naira investment in treasury bill & eurobond and about 1m+ in the bank account, for now. I want to build my ties very well before applying in 2021. What do you see to it?
You have a good profile, why wait till 2021, you might have all the travel history to Rwanda, Ethiopia, Israel and Dubai and still be denied, that is why I recommended a trip to the Schengen zones instead of all those African countries, a Schengen trip + (UK visa if possible) is also good + all the assets you have , why wait till 2021? You might just apply now and get it, because you have a good home ties with what you stated above, nobody here can predict the outcome of your visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IamR: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You have a good profile, why wait till 2021, you might have all the travel history to Rwanda, Ethiopia, Israel and Dubai and still be denied, that is why I recommended a trip to the Schengen zones instead of all those African countries, a Schengen trip + (UK visa if possible) is also good, why wait till 2021? You might just apply now and get it, because you have a good home ties with what you stated above, nobody here can predict the outcome of your visa
Thank you. I want to visit Schengen countries next year Easter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
TEXAS79:

Lets keep it real. Granted, your stay is now legal. But the path you took is what is contentious. I am not passing any judgement but I need you to examine the facts yourself and see how this situation will be perceived.

You were issued a visiting visa after stating that you had solid ties to Nigeria. You had a job (for over 20 years), your wife was in the military and your 2 kids were in school. You also stated that you were going for a short visit and staying with a long term friend. After arriving in the U.S., you decided to enroll in school and change your status. Any rational human being (including a VO) will conclude that this was not a decision you took after arriving in the U.S., but was preconceived and pre-planned. This is what folks are saying will negatively impact future visa applicants in Nigeria (including you.. I will explain further). Do you think the next applicant, with a profile as strong as yours initially appeared to be, will get the same benefit of the doubt like you were accorded? Hell no! The VO will go into the interview with a higher threshold to overcome before approval.
I mentioned that what you did may likely affect you too. Even if you become a citizen in the future, anybody linked to you that applies for a visiting visa will have a higher threshold to overcome. If you return to Nigeria and apply for another non immigrant visa, you may have a very difficult time convincing the VO. One thing most folks don't understand is that the fact that you were allowed to change your status in the U.S. by USCIS (under Homeland Security rules) does not automatically grant you parole for violations of the Visa that was issued under the Sate Department until you either get a Green Card (that's even questionable) or become a citizen.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by agbulagu: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello everyone, please I have interview next week and I don't know what and what to take to the embassy, I don't want people to know I am going so I don't want to ask family and friends. I am going for a conference and my sponsor is my dad.

I have just 35k with me and I am hearing reciprocity fee. How much is it exactly and must I go with the money, and which other cost am I going to incur at the embassy .

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
agbulagu:
Hello everyone, please I have interview next week and I don't know what and what to take to the embassy, I don't want people to know I am going so I don't want to ask family and friends. I am going for a conference and my sponsor is my dad.

I have just 35k with me and I am hearing reciprocity fee. How much is it exactly and must I go with the money, and which other cost am I going to incur at the embassy .

Thanks
you have just 35k with you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.