Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,296 members, 7,864,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:16 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (537401 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chima1978: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone, I got my visa approved yesterday and the VO said to pick up my passport on Friday. However, when I checked my status out of curiosity and excitement, I see under Administrative Processing. Is that the norm?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pls Chima, share your transcript.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chima1978: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
millyscent:
Pls Chima, share your transcript.
Don't worry, I will. This place helped me a lot and I will like to pay it forward.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
Yes, every approval goes through that

chima1978:
Hello everyone, I got my visa approved yesterday and the VO said to pick up my passport on Friday. However, when I checked my status out of curiosity and excitement, I see under Administrative Processing. Is that the norm?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
chima1978:

Don't worry, I will. This place helped me a lot and I will like to pay it forward.

Gratitude... I am so pleased with this statement.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chima1978: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone, I finally went for my visa interview yesterday and got approved. My appointment was at 8am. I got there at 7:30.....there were a lot of people there. I forgot by GTbank slip so I had to go print it out and they charged me N3,000 lol. The rain started and see rushing to the shade. It was not a pleasant experience at all.

When I finally got in, the rejection rate was so high. I was like WOW....business men, families, the elderly all rejected. I have no idea what the VO's base their decision on. You could hear the interviews and I felt that was just some how but oh well... I was on the queue for about 20 mins.

When it was my turn, I went to the gentleman at window 2. He greeted me good morning and I was shocked lol (as I had read on the board that the VO's don't greet you and if you do, they hardly respond). So, I responded to his greeting.

VO: Passport please, which I handed over.
VO: Sooo why are you going to the US?
Me: For my annual leave to spend Christmas with my sister and her family. He typed and typed.....
VO: How long are you going for?
Me: 10 days. He typed and typed.....
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I am not married nor do I have any children. (I added the last part cause I knew their next question was going to be about children lol)
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm Head......at ..... Company
VO: What countries have to traveled to?
Me: I usually go to the UK for Christmas and I've been to France. He typed and typed.....
VO: Please hand me over your passport. I did. He looked through it, I guess to look at my travel history.
VO: I am going to approve your visa today, and you can pick up your passport on Friday. He slotted a little pink slip in my passport and gave me a white paper. I said thank you and ran lol.

I was so excited and went to the other line to pay my reciprocity fee. You know in my own case, I think it was my travel history that helped but I don't know as I am not married, have no children and one of my sister's live in the US. I'm just glad.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yusuf1743: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pls my question is this.... Someone without travelling experience and once denied us visa in 2years ago. Now the person has an opportunity of travelling with a deputy governor as one of the entourage. Sponsored by state government does this person as stand a chance of been denied ? 2. Won't there be any interview for the those people the state government choose as entourage? 3. Is there any possibility that the passport can be stamped and returned to them without appearing at the embassy for interview as its from the goverment?.

Any body with knowledge pls

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Yusuf1743:
Pls my question is this.... Someone without travelling experience and once denied us visa in 2years ago. Now the person has an opportunity of travelling with a deputy governor as one of the entourage. Sponsored by state government does this person as stand a chance of been denied ? 2. Won't there be any interview for the those people the state government choose as entourage? 3. Is there any possibility that the passport can be stamped and returned to them without appearing at the embassy for interview as its from the goverment?.

Thanks
Usa visa doesn't have denial limit...... It just like d law
No matter who u are if your intention is not genuine or d VO is not convinced enough you will be denied..... Even if d president is your father...
No matter who u are u must go fo an interview.....................
No let person deceive u ooh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2019
Yusuf1743:

Thanks
A friend of mine packaged a trip for members of House of assembly of a state more than 2yrs ago. He actually approached Howard university and got a one week training course booked for members. He took all of them to the embassy. He had a previous denial from USA embassy but had an unused Tanzanian visa. They were all granted the visa without much ado. He had the approval of the governor with an upfront of 15million paid. Unfortunately, after the visa approval, he didn't know when the balance payment was approved. Some excos connived with the clerk and they got about 50million approved and members shared the money rather than going on the said trip. By the time he discovered, he petitioned the EFCC and members were taken all the way to Abuja but I told him he was wasting his money, he didn't believe. Unfortunately, he had spent the bulk of the 15million organising the trip cos he paid Howard some commitment fee and used the remaining to settle some people that facilitated the contract so the balance could come out. The bottom line is that the visa almost expired in his hand as he no.longer had money to finance only himself self. I actually don't know how he got the contract....he was just lucky and persistent. He later travelled few months before the expiration of the visa. Needless to say when it was time to renew the visa, he was roundly denied. Back to square one. And many of those members of the house are no longer in the parliament so the case with EFCC is dead. Very true life story. What am I saying self? Yes...you stand a good chance as an entourage of the governor

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
helpee:
[/b]Yes...you stand a good chance as an entourage of the governor[b]
Vo won't consider him asper say na givernor dey sponsor dem.... Because for consular to deny some apc memeber and pdp member visa....... He is just like a normal applicants.... and this trump era is something else
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Vo won't consider him asper say na givernor dey sponsor dem.... Because for consular to deny some apc memeber and pdp member visa....... He is just like a normal applicants.... and this trump era is something else
Actually it depends. If he is included as part of protocol officers....it means he will have a role in the trip. You know as a governor, you will be expected to have protocol officers in charge of different things for the trip to be meaningful so if the governor is including him as part of the protocol ..he will likely get a visa . Nothing is hundred percent . Even a governor can be denied entry not to talk of his entourage but all things being equal...he stands a good chance

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dancingstars112: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Congrats! Happy for you. I have a few questions - So if an applicant lost their GT Bank receipt, the consulate will be able to print it for you? What's the reciprocity fee and how much is it? Did you go to Abuja or Lagos? Thanks, and congrats again.

chima1978:
Hello everyone, I finally went for my visa interview yesterday and got approved. My appointment was at 8am. I got there at 7:30.....there were a lot of people there. I forgot by GTbank slip so I had to go print it out and they charged me N3,000 lol. The rain started and see rushing to the shade. It was not a pleasant experience at all.

When I finally got in, the rejection rate was so high. I was like WOW....business men, families, the elderly all rejected. I have no idea what the VO's base their decision on. You could hear the interviews and I felt that was just some how but oh well... I was on the queue for about 20 mins.

When it was my turn, I went to the gentleman at window 2. He greeted me good morning and I was shocked lol (as I had read on the board that the VO's don't greet you and if you do, they hardly respond). So, I responded to his greeting.

VO: Passport please, which I handed over.
VO: Sooo why are you going to the US?
Me: For my annual leave to spend Christmas with my sister and her family. He typed and typed.....
VO: How long are you going for?
Me: 10 days. He typed and typed.....
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I am not married nor do I have any children. (I added the last part cause I knew their next question was going to be about children lol)
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm Head......at ..... Company
VO: What countries have to traveled to?
Me: I usually go to the UK for Christmas and I've been to France. He typed and typed.....
VO: Please hand me over your passport. I did. He looked through it, I guess to look at my travel history.
VO: I am going to approve your visa today, and you can pick up your passport on Friday. He slotted a little pink slip in my passport and gave me a white paper. I said thank you and ran lol.

I was so excited and went to the other line to pay my reciprocity fee. You know in my own case, I think it was my travel history that helped but I don't know as I am not married, have no children and one of my sister's live in the US. I'm just glad.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hipswrites(f): 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yusuf1743: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
Spanishmilf:

Thanks for your reply. I understand every point you made.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yusuf1743: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
helpee:
Actually it depends. If he is included as part of protocol officers....it means he will have a role in the trip. You know as a governor, you will be expected to have protocol officers in charge of different things for the trip to be meaningful so if the governor is including him as part of the protocol ..he will likely get a visa . Nothing is hundred percent . Even a governor can be denied entry not to talk of his entourage but all things being equal...he stands a good chance

Thanks boss. Knowledgable reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mr100Dollars: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
A US citizen (white) wants me to visit her country this January, I only have a small business i'm managing here in my country home, she's sponsoring everything i just got my passport last month.

She's about to send the money for the visa fee, what should be my next step? Is it to create a profile on their site?
And can someone post the link to the site?

Can i get an interview date this January?

I need help please... Thanks to everyone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
hipswrites:
I NEED ADVICE:

I have been denied US visa twice in 2017. I messed it up when I told VO I had someone in the US just because my sister planned to go there for childbirth about the same week of my interview. SILLY! So, I tried again less than two weeks later. I was equally denied. I took 3weeks hols on a job I was only less than a year in.

NOW,
I am planning to travel in December for holiday. I have a platonic friend who could send me invitation letter OR I waka my thing jeje and go to another State(not where my friend lives) in the US...

I work with an international organization, a project manager and full time. I am in my early 30s, single with no child. (I have a probate dependent - my nephew).

I am planning to go for 10days - this December. What chance do I stand? I know say e no concern VO say I have to be back to mann my project in January.

I have been to Europe this year for a training (sponsored by my Org.I am also going to Nairobi next month for Training -sponsored by my Org).

I remember traveling to Dubai in 2013(on my old passport).

N/B: I have scanty info about my friend, but he’s a respectable scholar (post-Doctoral & contract staff of a Uni.) in US.
my best advice,waka your thing jeje, you have some good chance from info that you provided

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mr100Dollars:
A US citizen (white) wants me to visit her country this January, I only have a small business i'm managing here in my country home, she's sponsoring everything i just got my passport last month.

She's about to send the money for the visa fee, what should be my next step? Is it to create a profile on their site?

Read page 1 then page 140-145

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hipswrites(f): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mr100Dollars: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Read page 1 then page 140-145
thank you sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 9:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mr100Dollars:

my best advice,convince these citizen to visit 9ja or both of you can arrange and meet in Kenya or Rwanda, then build a travel history (UK, Dubai and etc)don't waste the visa fee please. Embassy de red for now.gurus can give more advice

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
awumen:
my best advice,convince these citizen to visit 9ja or both of you can arrange and meet in Kenya or Rwanda, then build a travel history ([/b]UK[b] Dubai and etc)don't waste the visa fee please. Embassy de red for now.gurus can give more advice
He easy ba??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mr100Dollars: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
awumen:
my best advice,convince these citizen to visit 9ja or both of you can arrange and meet in Kenya or Rwanda, then build a travel history (UK, Dubai and etc)don't waste the visa fee please. Embassy de red for now.gurus can give more advice
so i shouldn't bother to apply for the visit visa??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chima1978: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
dancingstars112:
Congrats! Happy for you. I have a few questions - So if an applicant lost their GT Bank receipt, the consulate will be able to print it for you? What's the reciprocity fee and how much is it? Did you go to Abuja or Lagos? Thanks, and congrats again.

Noooo, the shops outside in the parking lot near the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dancingstars112: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Okay, what happens if the applicant can't find their receipt?

chima1978:

Noooo, the shops outside in the parking lot near the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aderemi166: 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Call the embassy on +1 (703) 520-2575 for Proper Update.

yinksob002:
Hello guys,

I noticed that the DS 160 confirmation no on my interview appointment sheet differs from the initial one obtained at the point of applying for dropbox renewal but the UID no remains the same. What do i need to do as my interview is less than a month from now.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 1:15am On Oct 24, 2019
Go to the bank and ask them to print out another from their records
dancingstars112:
Okay, what happens if the applicant can't find their receipt?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sgeze: 1:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello House, I need an advice from any guru in the house. I haven’t travelled or applied for a US visa before but I have several visas on my passport for a travel history like 3 UK visas, 2 Schegens (France and Spain) South African visa, Dubai stamps. Am sure I could say that is some travel history, though I know for a fact travel history doesn’t guarantee a US visa. But these travel histories I mention are on one passport and that passport expires March 2020. My question is if I apply for a US visa with a brand new passport, will I be allowed to take in the old passport into the embassy? What if my luck could been that the VO asks me if I have ever been out of the US and I tell him several places, would he ask me to bring in my old passport for him to sight? I would appreciate this answer from anyone so I can apply please help a brother. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by parkia(f): 2:35am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello guys,so i have a question on usa visiting visa.I have been to the US before and on my previous applications i put that i have no relative in the US. Now i want to put that my i am visiting my aunt. Please will this lead to a refusal since i initially in my previous applications that i have no relative in the us . Thank you all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2019
Sgeze:
Hello House, I need an advice from any guru in the house. I haven’t travelled or applied for a US visa before but I have several visas on my passport for a travel history like 3 UK visas, 2 Schegens (France and Spain) South African visa, Dubai stamps. Am sure I could say that is some travel history, though I know for a fact travel history doesn’t guarantee a US visa. But these travel histories I mention are on one passport and that passport expires March 2020. My question is if I apply for a US visa with a brand new passport, will I be allowed to take in the old passport into the embassy? What if my luck could been that the VO asks me if I have ever been out of the US and I tell him several places, would he ask me to bring in my old passport for him to sight? I would appreciate this answer from anyone so I can apply please help a brother. Thank you

VOs don't always ask to see your passport in order to cross-check your statements on travel history/visa.

Your application and verbal interview responses to the question unusually suffices for them.

Since you have had 3 UKs and a France and a Spain and a South Africa visa, why are you worried about US Visa interview.
Don't go to the interview with a USC VO with this apprehension.

Give the new one at the interview, and hold the old one. When is your interview date? This is October. March is 5 months. It was recently started here 3 months left to expiry is okay at US Consulate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2019
helpee:
A governor can' t be denied.Although his visa may be cancelled when he leaves office.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 6:39am On Oct 24, 2019
Sgeze:

Travel history is number one factor they consider to issue US visa.
With your profile, you have a very good chance.

Get a new passport and go along with your old passport, VO will surely ask and check your travel histories.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (252)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.