Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531314 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2020
You people sha want me to miss the cheap ticket I am seeing grin grin

Who has flown Etihad? Do they provide hotel for long hours layover in Abu Dhabi? Biko
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2020
IyawoToBe:
You people sha want me to miss the cheap ticket I am seeing grin grin

Who has flown Etihad? Do they provide hotel for long hours layover in Abu Dhabi? Biko

Yes but you have to apply for visa and hotel through the website...I think it's for free, call them or write them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2020
Please watch my new youtube video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWI8xmoKE0k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2020
Good Morning Everyone and happy new year. I have been an adherent reader of this thread from the part one up till this day. My special thanks to the folks who added to loves here...Lady G, and seyewest and other contributors ,God bless immensely.

Please, being a first time poster,permit me if my write up is lengthy. I need your advice as I'm I'm about to apply for a tourist Visa to the US for the first time. So, here goes my story.

I'm 33 years old and still much single due to some personal reasons. I used to work in a media house back in 2016 and it was on one of those official trips to Ivory coast that I met this Lady who's much older than me but we grew in love and we've been courting for three years now. Along the line from 2016, I quit my media job and delved into Music production and so far so good, we doing OK at least. My girl friend who is white has been here two times between 2017 and 2019, and now it all seems like I'm not taking the relationship serious because her family wants to meet me too, the only thing standing in the way of our wedding here...sincerely, I don't eben want to migrate to that place....My Nkwobi here and evening beer and might life means the world. She's willing to live on Victoria island as she loved it but the family won't approve because she comes from an Hawaiian family with strong cultural values . so here is my dilemma

1. My cousin who's in Texas feels if she sends me and invitation letter, that would count against me as the VO would quickly interprets me as a golddigger trying to use my girl as escape route

2. He said being single is a no no and that I'm better of lying that I'm married ,and that's what I don't want to do

3. He also said my job line doesn't show a tie to my country. That a music producer as a job don't catch any serious person's fancy and that I should use his dad oil company as frontier but all these lies is what I don't really want.

4. I have a decent fund but I didn't build it up....the inflow isn't consistent and most ofnmy clients often pay by cash and I fit don blow the money reach half before I deposit

I'm planning to go this June , on her birthday as that's when all members of the family would be there and this means the world to her.

I want candid and sincere advice on what my odds could be and how I should go about it. I would appreciate . thanks

@seyewest........nice video on your trip, please share more. Gracias
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by paosca20: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2020
Hi guys, I did my medicals at IOM and they said they’ll send the results directly to the Embassy . Should I be worried?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DexterousOne(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2020
paosca20:
Hi guys, I did my medicals at IOM and they said they’ll send the results directly to the Embassy . Should I be worried?

No you should not

It's standard procedure
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
paosca20:

Don't be, everything will be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
kettlekettle:
Good Morning Everyone and happy new year. I have been an adherent reader of this thread from the part one up till this day. My special thanks to the folks who added to loves here...Lady G, and seyewest and other contributors ,God bless immensely.

Please, being a first time poster,permit me if my write up is lengthy. I need your advice as I'm I'm about to apply for a tourist Visa to the US for the first time. So, here goes my story.

I'm 33 years old and still much single due to some personal reasons. I used to work in a media house back in 2016 and it was on one of those official trips to Ivory coast that I met this Lady who's much older than me but we grew in love and we've been courting for three years now. Along the line from 2016, I quit my media job and delved into Music production and so far so good, we doing OK at least. My girl friend who is white has been here two times between 2017 and 2019, and now it all seems like I'm not taking the relationship serious because her family wants to meet me too, the only thing standing in the way of our wedding here...sincerely, I don't eben want to migrate to that place....My Nkwobi here and evening beer and might life means the world. She's willing to live on Victoria island as she loved it but the family won't approve because she comes from an Hawaiian family with strong cultural values . so here is my dilemma

1. My cousin who's in Texas feels if she sends me and invitation letter, that would count against me as the VO would quickly interprets me as a golddigger trying to use my girl as escape route

2. He said being single is a no no and that I'm better of lying that I'm married ,and that's what I don't want to do

3. He also said my job line doesn't show a tie to my country. That a music producer as a job don't catch any serious person's fancy and that I should use his dad oil company as frontier but all these lies is what I don't really want.

4. I have a decent fund but I didn't build it up....the inflow isn't consistent and most ofnmy clients often pay by cash and I fit don blow the money reach half before I deposit

I'm planning to go this June , on her birthday as that's when all members of the family would be there and this means the world to her.

I want candid and sincere advice on what my odds could be and how I should go about it. I would appreciate . thanks

You need a lot of quality travel history and since you're still single no need to lie that you're married, my suggestion is that you should visit U.S for tourism when you're ready or get married and let her do the filing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by safetyman: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
rinzaugustine:
Stop giving people false information here .Women are granted visas daily to US to be with their grandchildren

Abi tell am oooh
Anyone can be granted visa as long as you respond to the exact information in your DS160 form. My take & experience from friends but i stand tobe corrected...kikikiki

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2020
seyewest:

You need a lot of quality travel history and since you're still single no need to lie that you're married, my suggestion is that you should visit U.S for tourism when you're ready or get married and let her do the filing.

Thanks for your response.........what do you think as regards the bank account balance....? I'm ready to get my form and fill it this month,from your experience ,do you think I'll get an appointment by June since I intend to go then. Honestly, I just want to try so she doesn't think I don't care. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
kettlekettle:

Thanks for your response.........what do you think as regards the bank account balance....? I'm ready to get my form and fill it this month,from your experience ,do you think I'll get an appointment by June since I intend to go then. Honestly, I just want to try so she doesn't think I don't care. Thanks

Bank Statement is important for Student/F1 Visa but for visit or business they may not likely check your bank statement in short the duration of your interview is less than 2 mins.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by paosca20: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Great! Thanks alot

seyewest:

Don't be, everything will be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
seyewest:

Bank Statement is important for Student/F1 Visa but for visit or business they may not likely check your bank statement in short the duration of your interview is less than 2 mins.

Thanks for your insight Bro...it remains the last one ,from your experience ,if I fill my form this month ,what's the possibility of getting an interview date against June since I heard dates are sometimes booked up to a year from this shady agents . Thanks Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
kettlekettle:

Thanks for your insight Bro...it remains the last one ,from your experience ,if I fill my form this month ,what's the possibility of getting an interview date against June since I heard dates are sometimes booked up to a year from this shady agents . Thanks Sir

As at today;
Abuja : January 23, 2020
Lagos: February 5, 2020

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jj17cv(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2020
@seyewest

Really Lagos- Feb 5, 2020 ppl don run 2min interview blue paper straight 60k is gone ...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
jj17cv:
@seyewest

Really Lagos- Feb 5, 2020 ppl don run 2min interview blue paper straight 60k is gone ...

grin grin grin 2 mins everything don burst...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cc77(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
seyewest:

grin grin grin 2 mins everything don burst...
please reply my dm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
cc77:
please reply my dm

Really? there's nothing there...

Okay check your email....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
Please, is there a way to check the available dates before doing my bookings. Maybe there is a website that these dates are enlisted.

seyewest:

As at today;
Abuja : January 23, 2020
Lagos: February 5, 2020
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
rinzaugustine:
Stop giving people false information here .Women are granted visas daily to US to be with their grandchildren
If you are an ignorant, read this and educate yourself:
Visitors Visa for Pregnancy Help to Daughter/Daughter-in-Law/Sister
https://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa-pregnancy-help-daughter-in-law-sister/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
kettlekettle:
Please, is there a way to check the available dates before doing my bookings. Maybe there is a website that these dates are enlisted.

Go to ustraveldocs.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sidvinci(m): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
seyewest:

Take it from someone that was denied visa recently. Dont waste your money and time going there . Look for another country and go to. A lady I met there that even have a valid UK visa, have been to usa 4 times and didnt over stay was denied. They husband is in usa oo. All the young guys today carry green paper even some with family. Na old people the give visa well today. Forget account no one will ask you of bank details. All interview stops at where do you work or are you married??
They first question is always have you been to US before ??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Matinho: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
Legit advice. Try Canada. I dont mean to boast but i have a very decent travel history plus an executive in a multinational. Been to US a couple of times( 3 previous US visas) with less than 3 weeks visit on my max duration . On my last interview,mama yen bounce mi in the most disrespectful manner. Its unfortunate but listen to the experiences and use your discretion.
sidvinci:

Take it from someone that was denied visa recently. Dont waste your money and time going there . Look for another country and go to. A lady I met there that even have a valid UK visa, have been to usa 4 times and didnt over stay was denied. They husband is in usa oo. All the young guys today carry green paper even some with family. Na old people the give visa well today. Forget account no one will ask you of bank details. All interview stops at where do you work or are you married??

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
sidvinci:

Why will they ask someone applying to visit US for the first time that kind of question?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
sidvinci:

No need to discourage him/her.
He/she might have a more compelling and believable reason to visit the US than yours and end up being approved.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by reneka955: 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
Beautyaddy:

He/she might have a more compelling and believable reason to visit the US than yours and end up being approved.

VO won't even give him 30 seconds for interview, he's not first guy to find older woman he "fell in love" with who happens to live in the US

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reine22: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
kettlekettle:

Slim odds. All red flags present.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sidvinci(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
Beautyaddy:

The truth is I have strong reasons to be in us than him. Am not even going to stay cos us is not for beginners. There are things we dont understand about us. You will get small work , the will look for a way to suck that money out of your life. Give you house to pay for in years, you collect car on loan and be paying for in 5 to 10 years . For your mind am doing well ,my brother u r not you dey owe .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
SmartKitty:

If you are an ignorant, read this and educate yourself:
Visitors Visa for Pregnancy Help to Daughter/Daughter-in-Law/Sister
https://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa-pregnancy-help-daughter-in-law-sister/

This is abolutely correct according to the letter of the law. A grandma should not go take care of her grandkids regardless of if it's compensated or not becasue of the opportunity cost to legally authorized workesr in the US. However, the VO has absolute discretion in this regard and it would appear that they liberally garnt Nigerians and other Africans this privilege perhaps because it is our culture to do the "omugwo" thing, as evidenced by the number of approvals for this exact intent. There is no official review or adjudication of the decision of a VO so their decision stands on its own merits without binding prejudice on the next VO at your next application, so you can be denied at an initial application and approved at the next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
sidvinci:

The truth is I have strong reasons to be in us than him. Am not even going to stay cos us is not for beginners. There are things we dont understand about us. You will get small work , the will look for a way to suck that money out of your life. Give you house to pay for in years, you collect car on loan and be paying for in 5 to 10 years . For your mind am doing well ,my brother u r not you dey owe .

Well, thanks for your suggestions but I have someone that went for his interview today and was given in Abuja. Same scenario ......I've compelled him to come on this thread and share . In his words,he said there's no really any good or right thing to say.. The consular just want to see how truthful you are and how coherent your stories are. They know y'all travel to lots of counties just to get the travel history so they don't give a hoot about that no more. He said all she asked from him is what his fiance does and what he does in which he replies he's just a farmer/ agriculturist and that the woman further ask him why he thinks he deserves the visa and he said ,that's not up to him. After typing ,she asked him how he would feel if he's denied and he said I'll take my money to another country to spend it there lol..then boom, come pick your passport. Honestly, I can't live in yanky not because its not cool....I no fit carry my club cruise and all that play besides,I make enuff cheese here ,even more than my fiance wey dey there self. So I'm going to apply no matter what ,if not for anything ,just to show my woman at least I tried and whatever happens happens. That one wey dem dey tuck in go, if I no fit wear my jeans and tees ,make dem hold their embassy. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kettlekettle(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Matinho:
Legit advice. Try Canada. I dont mean to boast but i have a very decent travel history plus an executive in a multinational. Been to US a couple of times( 3 previous US visas) with less than 3 weeks visit on my max duration . On my last interview,mama yen bounce mi in the most disrespectful manner. Its unfortunate but listen to the experiences and use your discretion.

Someone was given today ...no travel history, nothing, older woman as fiancee but he genuinely loves her and blah blah blah. He got it. So the embassy knows say una dey pad up travels ,so they don't give a hoot about that no more. Anything can happen ...there's no wrong or right situations .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
OmoBendel24:

Okay sir, copied!

I got into Toronto a few days ago, on holidays, will be in the US for some time too from next week, come and see "saner climes" na. I just picked up my gadget now to update myself about home. I'm phased, annoying news everywhere. Amotekun, what about it? What happened in Imo today please? I just hope I'm able to see my kids through Secondary School before shipping them out of Nigeria to their "homes", I pray. I have put too much in Nigeria, it saddens me today. Government has never put bread directly on my table, an enabling environment created by them in time past deserves my appreciation today when I reason them side by side this current one.

I won't waste energy right now saying much, but I will just say you guys are the biggest problem of Nigeria, Buharists particularly! Yeah, Nigeria is messed up long ago, but Buhari is the greatest disservice done our dear nation. Nigeria's "turn-around-maintenance" after him will take decades. Kill and shelve that nonsense hope of a better Naija, only a miracle will make that happen, please....
Mr travel agent, you don enter Canada grin. Tiri gbosa for you. I've been following you a long time ago on various travel threads, reading your posts. Anyway, home is the best. We will sort ourselves out and anybody who wishes to ferry all their family abroad, kudos. It doesn't matter where your kids are. Once they're destined to be great, nothing would change it. God over everything, not by luck or amount of education you've attained. I schooled in that place you are in, but I'm faaar better off as Nigerian. Safe trip back home abi you too wan Japa nii? Lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.