Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court (35382 Views)

2019 NNPC Recruitment CBT Nationwide Fixed For June 1 / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by ProsperChild: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2019
An Abuja-based lawyer, Mr Pelumi Olajengbesi, has threatened to drag the management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to court following what he described as “discriminatory” recruitment process.

Olajengbesi, in a letter addressed to the Group Managing Director, NNPC, Dr Maikanti Baru, on March 26, vowed to approach the court to ensure protection of the fundamental rights of Nigerians who were qualified to apply but were barred from participating because of age criteria.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the criteria for Graduate Trainee among others require applicants to have graduated from an accredited University/Polytechnic/Monotechnic not earlier than 2014.

The criteria also requires that applicants must not be more than 28 years of age as at Dec. 31, 2018.

Olajengbesi, however, pointed out that the criteria and process violated section 3(e)(iv) of the Fundamental Rights (Enforcement Procedure), 2009 which protected the public interest of Nigerians.

“Following the advertisement for the 2019 NNPC recruitment for Graduate Trainee, Experienced Hires, Senior Officers and Supervisory Cadre on your official website, dated March 13, 2019 of which the criteria for application include that an applicant must not be above the ages of 28, 34 and 37 respectively.

“I wish to express outright disapproval on the above set criteria used by the Corporation in the ongoing recruitment as being discriminatory, segregatory and exclusive to the disadvantage of qualified Nigerians who may wish to participate in the process.

“My disapproval of this age discriminatory recruitment process is anchored on the provision of Section 42 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), which stops any person, organisation or body from discriminating against any citizen of Nigeria,” Olajengbesi said in the letter.

According to him, the action of NNPC also violates section 17(3) of the Nigerian constitution which provides for the opportunity of securing adequate means of livelihood and abhors all unequal processes in the labour process.

“The NNPC as a federal entity must be at the vanguard of safeguarding and justifying this provision through its dealings with the public.

“It is rather disheartening that an esteemed Corporation such as NNPC has set itself on the path of total disregard of constitutional provisions, while being an agent of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nan.ng/news/lawyer-threatens-to-drag-nnpc-to-court-over-recruitment-criteria/amp/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by SpatialKing(m): 6:40am On Mar 28, 2019
That's not all, graduates with 2nd class lower must have masters degree... Omygudness who does that?
Just make the minimum requirements 2nd Class Upper like that of the Nigerian AirForce it sounds more decent and understandable.

FTC
Like for Nigeria Youths
Share for NNPC

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by lamidex(m): 6:49am On Mar 28, 2019
Ok
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by bujebudanu1(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2019
SpatialKing:
That's not all, graduates with 2nd class lower must have masters degree... Omygudness who does that?

So u want the full Nigeria to apply for just 1.5k positions?

20 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Akalia(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2019
Mods catapult this thread to the front page. Good move by such a fine lawyer.

I implore the federal government to halt the recruitment process and mandate NNPC to start all over, this time the criteria should not be discriminatory or segregatory.

12 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by samsard(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2019
You guys are funny, graduate trainee positions are meant to recruit from a pool of fresh graduates, and no top organisation will make its requirement the very bare minimum.

And hey, these criterias help bring down the number of candidates a recruiter has to deal with. Las Las they can't take everyone, so why for example should they have to deal with the extra cost? And before you take your frustration out on me, I have been a victim of this so called age discrimination. But the reality on ground, has ensured we now have to live with these things.

26 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by SpatialKing(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2019
bujebudanu1:

So u want the full Nigeria to apply for just 1.5k positions?
why not make the minimum requirement 2nd class upper like the Nigerian Air Force..
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by chinavs9ja(m): 8:28am On Mar 28, 2019
Oooo cheesy

I am a website designer, check my signature if you need a professional website
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by bamasite(m): 8:28am On Mar 28, 2019
I agree
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2019
Hmmm so he wants the ages to open to all or what exactly now?

Just make sure u know smbody or have a 1st class. No story.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Hotzone(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2019
If this fella wins this case then his world becomes richer and brighter
Kudos

3 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by tete7000(m): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2019
I concur!

3 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Englishgold: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2019
NNPC recruitment is made known to the public �, but job is given to some different set of people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2019
You can't even apply when you graduate earlier than 2014. That means those that graduated 2013 downward cannot apply despite meeting the age criterion.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by paymentvoucher: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2019
grin *PELUMI OLAJENGBESI looking for Public Stunt after suffering massive defeat under PDP in Osun State*

SPIT!

Anyways, I didn't bother to apply cos I know the positions advertised are not vacant. sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 28, 2019
NNPC is a very corrupt organization.

It should be sold. Buhari's daughter and other children of the elites work there.

10 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by BruncleZuma: 8:33am On Mar 28, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Authoreety: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2019
Na dia way na
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by pahoehoe: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2019
Graduates, let us stop applying for those high profile jobs because you will not be considered unless you have a God-father. Let us learn how to make millions of naira as profit from exporting products to foreign countries. Click on the first link on my signature for details.

6 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Gsteve01(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2019
True

#RealEstate# #Building# #Land# #Comfort# #Health# #Wealth# #Cashready#
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by lilfreezy: 8:35am On Mar 28, 2019
undecided
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by qanda: 8:35am On Mar 28, 2019
NNPC Job test Past Question and Answers are available for download from the job section of Q and A App. Install the App from Playstore. Search for 'Q and A' on Playstore. Install the first App from search result.
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by pennywys(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2019
interesting
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Hotzone(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2019
No b una Dey echo ‘2young2run’ chant upandan!?!

1 Like

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by id4sho(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2019
I trust my people, Nigerians no dull moments.

let the show begin
Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by goshen26: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2019
Who takes NNPC serious?

2 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by wethebest(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2019
This a mere formality. The abokis nd other politicians children alrdy filled d positions. NNPC employs everyday without test. Jst submit ur info as long d directive have b given. Come to abuja nd see hw dese ppl re using all federal establishment like family biz.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by Goddys(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2019
Lawyer seeking cheap attention to advertise himself. Among all the oppressions the poor and less privilege are facing on daily basis including those behind bars for years who have never been arraigned in the court, it is NNPC recruitment criteria that attracts his fancy.

Some nairalanders are dummy for praising mediocrity. I am a lawyer and I know these type of men. They have only their interest at heart.

Besides, it is prerogative of NNPC HR to invite whoever they want for interview. They may even choose to discard applications of all 1st class applicants and invite 2nd class lower. So what's the purpose of dragging a recruiter to court when he or she could still discard all applicants above the age they require.

9 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by tiwiex(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2019
SpatialKing:
Just make the minimum requirements 2nd Class Upper like that of the Nigerian AirForce it sounds more decent and understandable.

Cheevron and Shell even accept second class lower.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2019
I see nothing wrong or discriminatory sha.

28 is OK for graduate trainee.

There must be standards no matter what.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court by wink2015(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2019
SpatialKing:

THE MINIMUM SHOULD BE HND LOWER CREDIT AND BSC SECOND CLASS LOWER.

There should be no masters degrees.

Those who have masters degrees should go to the educational institution and take up lecturer jobs.

There should also be no age discrimination age should be left out.

BOTH HND AND BSC DEGREES SHOULD BE EQUIVALENT.

As they both go for Nysc after tertiary studies.

Why come and discriminate at the point of employment.

NA ONLY IN NIGERIA POLICY MAKERS ARE SHOWING THEIR OVER SABI AND OVER TOO KNOW!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Has Received Npower January Stipend? / Shortlisted List Of Federal Road Safety Commission CBT Is Out / Break Down On The Pre-selection Process, Please Read Imagine Below Carefully.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.