Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Surviving NYSC Camp – A Guide - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Surviving NYSC Camp – A Guide (928 Views)

Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp / Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surviving NYSC Camp – A Guide by Theladysroom: 11:54am On Mar 28, 2019
I woke up to the sound of my mobile phone shrilling. You know that moment when you are in deep, sweet sleep and the phone just starts ringing. It was my best friend calling to lament that she had been posted to Benue state for her NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Program. Benue State? A place that had no internet enthusiasts, no online shopping, no Shoprite! It is a 21st-century nightmare.

She is off to camp this week in a flying fit of white shirts and white rubber shoes and I just thought to write about all the advice I gave to her that you would not ordinarily see in a typical “NYSC CAMP LIST”.

Find New Friends
It is always easier to get through a hurdle when you have familiar faces with you. Find former course mates, colleagues, friends, and neighbors that are heading to your camp. You can plan a trip and itinerary with them to either save cost or feel more comfortable. Trust me, there are fewer things more terrifying than being thrown into NYSC camp full of thousands of people from all parts of Nigeria and ‘the abroad’ without the welcome sight of a familiar face.
https://theladysroom.ng/surviving-nysc/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Chikki instant Noodles GIVE AWAYYYY!!!! will be ending on the 13th of June 2019. / NYSC Extended Batch A Stream 2 Registration / Davido Passes Out From NYSC At Lagos Mainland LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.