Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

How I Escaped A Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Escaped A Robbery (1174 Views)

9-Month Pregnant Woman Who Led A Robbery Gang Arrested In Edo / Graphic Designer Left To Die After Being Stabbed During A Robbery Attack / APC Branded Vehicle Recovered By Police At A Robbery Scene In Kogi(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2019
Firstly, I am grateful to God for sparing my life. It could have been worse. God's mercy and grace kept me.(nairaland atheists please let me enjoy this one, its my gratitude to give).

This morning, Friday 29, March 2019, I left home early to go to work. Time was 6.00am. Anyone familiar with Ile-Epo/Oke-Odo area would be familiar with the huge refuse site close to the express between Ile-Epo bus stop and Super bus stop. Safe to say at very early hours and late at night that area gets very dark and can quickly become very lonely for pedestrians.

That was the situation i found myself this morning. As I was walking looking to get to Oja Oba on foot (as that's what I consider my morning exercise). noticed there was a presence walking behind me. Because I had heard stories of how various people had been mugged on that same path before, it quickly registered to me that the guy could be a robber as I had seen him cross the road from the dump site. Though I had initially thought nothing of him while he crossed he was alone and unarmed or so I thought)

Now with him gaining fast on me, I thought to myself 'should I walk faster to ascertain his motif?' I concluded to myself to walk normal and be prepared to hurt him if he tried to rob me. Less than five steps later, he tapped me from the back "hey stop there!" Rather than panic as he had expected, because I was conscious of him I turned abruptly with attack on my my mind and a raised voice "you dey craze?" with my hand lifted to guard with the left and punch with the right in that swift motion.

It was when my lifted hand hit his raised hand that I saw it was wielding a cutlass. The shock of my reaction to his premeditated attempt made the cutlass fall from his hand and without thinking much of it I had the cutlass in my hand while he immediately ran. My confidence grew as he ran and I followed after him unleashing some of the vocabularies I have picked up from my time on the street. "you wan die? o ma Ku ni! oo mo awon ti o n ba Se ni? emi wa ni iru e? I go just kill you"

As I saw he ran towards the dump site, I couldn't follow him there. That would have been dangerous for me (never chase a thief into his abode). I stayed in the middle of the road and hurled more threats at the top of my voice like I was the king of my street. I took the cutlass with me as I knew if I dropped it, he'll just pick it up and rob someone else.

A little street O.T helped me. However, like I said, it could have been worse. What if he had attacked first rather than try to threaten me into giving up my possessions?

Anyone with similar stories should share.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by paiz: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2019
Rambo
Jack Bauer
James Bond himself
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Baba you get luck
that your phone for done enter Computer village since

Lalasticlala come and see Nigeria Jackie Chan

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Chuks9000: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2019
Wow, lucky you

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 8:11am On Mar 29, 2019
paiz:
Thank God for your Life
Yes o. It is a grace something.

3 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by spinna: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2019
Na man u be. Nice one. Staying alert is important in this dangerous world. Morning prayer and anointing also wards off the evil of the day

3 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by pillarmaria(m): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2019
very brave of you......
Cowards they say Die many times before their actual death.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by fw71497: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2019
Watin u cum use the captured cutlass do?

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
fw71497:
Watin u cum use the captured cutlass do?

its still with me. will hold it every time I take that route.

1 Like

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by paiz: 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
Timoleon:

its still with me. will hold it every time I take that route.

Bros Abeg no try am, unless them go label you kidnapper
Just keep it inside your house in case

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
paiz:

Bros Abeg no try am, unless them go label you kidnapper
Just keep it inside your house in case
Thanks... this is noted.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
angry angry angry

This exact scenario happened to me...

I was going to see my GF, a bouquet of red roses...thoughts of hot sex on our 2nd anniversary on my mind.

I got sandwiched between 2 burly stern looking guys. One with a long knife scar traversing his rather ugly unshaven face.

5 mins into the trip at a lonely spot, i felt the cold steel of a gun barrel jammed in my side. "Your money or your life" The ever-smiling handsome crook on my right whispered into my ear like a lover would shocked

My life flashed before my very eyes..."who would inherit my dog, Jack?" "Who would fvck Ngozi, my GF on my behalf?"

I was trembling and soaked in sweat, but my mind formed a plan. Foolish, it seemed to me but i recalled the barks of Jack and the moans of Gozi. This gave me a rush of 100% pure adrenaline. "Everything or Nothing it must be!"

I said a quick prayer to my ancestors and faked a sneezing fit. On the 3rd sneeze, i suddenly came to life....In 1 single swift motion, twisted the gunbarrel up with my right hand and slammed an elbow into the windpipe of the handsome guy who held the local made .45

We all heard 2 deafening bangs in succession. A bullet went through the roof of the car and other in the windscreen. Shrapnel from flying glass everywhere must have entered the driver's eyes because he lost control at top speed.

All these took less than 7 seconds....less than it took you to read this story ( if you didn't skip primary school that is) cheesy

I turned my attentions to Scarface and...

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 11:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
angry angry angry

This exact scenario happened to me...

I was going to see my GF, a bouquet of red roses...thoughts of hot sex on our 2nd anniversary on my mind.

I got sandwiched between 2 burly stern looking guys. One with a long knife scar traversing his rather ugly unshaven face.

5 mins into the trip at a lonely spot, i felt the cold steel of a gun barrel jammed in my side. "Your money or your life" The ever-smiling handsome crook on my right whispered into my ear like a lover would shocked

My life flashed before my very eyes..."who would inherit my dog, Jack?" "Who would fvck Ngozi, my GF on my behalf?"

I was trembling and soaked in sweat, but my mind formed a plan. Foolish, it seemed to me but i recalled the barks of Jack and the moans of Gozi. This gave me a rush of 100% pure adrenaline. "Everything or Nothing it must be!"

I said a quick prayer to my ancestors and faked a sneezing fit. On the 3rd sneeze, i suddenly came to life....In 1 single swift motion, twisted the gunbarrel up with my right hand and slammed an elbow into the windpipe of the handsome guy who held the local made .45

We all heard 2 deafening bangs in succession. A bullet went through the roof of the car and other in the windscreen. Shrapnel from flying glass everywhere must have entered the driver's eyes because he lost control at top speed.

All these took less than 7 seconds....less than it took you to read this story ( if you didn't skip primary school that is) cheesy

I turned my attentions to Scarface and...

would like to read the rest.
Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by tubolancer(m): 6:40am On Mar 31, 2019
Timoleon:
Firstly, I am grateful to God for sparing my life. It could have been worse. God's mercy and grace kept me.(nairaland atheists please let me enjoy this one, its my gratitude to give).

This morning, Friday 29, March 2019, I left home early to go to work. Time was 6.00am. Anyone familiar with Ile-Epo/Oke-Odo area would be familiar with the huge refuse site close to the express between Ile-Epo bus stop and Super bus stop. Safe to say at very early hours and late at night that area gets very dark and can quickly become very lonely for pedestrians.

That was the situation i found myself this morning. As I was walking looking to get to Oja Oba on foot (as that's what I consider my morning exercise). noticed there was a presence walking behind me. Because I had heard stories of how various people had been mugged on that same path before, it quickly registered to me that the guy could be a robber as I had seen him cross the road from the dump site. Though I had initially thought nothing of him while he crossed he was alone and unarmed or so I thought)

Now with him gaining fast on me, I thought to myself 'should I walk faster to ascertain his motif?' I concluded to myself to walk normal and be prepared to hurt him if he tried to rob me. Less than five steps later, he tapped me from the back "hey stop there!" Rather than panic as he had expected, because I was conscious of him I turned abruptly with attack on my my mind and a raised voice "you dey craze?" with my hand lifted to guard with the left and punch with the right in that swift motion.

It was when my lifted hand hit his raised hand that I saw it was wielding a cutlass. The shock of my reaction to his premeditated attempt made the cutlass fall from his hand and without thinking much of it I had the cutlass in my hand while he immediately ran. My confidence grew as he ran and I followed after him unleashing some of the vocabularies I have picked up from my time on the street. "you wan die? o ma Ku ni! oo mo awon ti o n ba Se ni? emi wa ni iru e? I go just kill you"

As I saw he ran towards the dump site, I couldn't follow him there. That would have been dangerous for me (never chase a thief into his abode). I stayed in the middle of the road and hurled more threats at the top of my voice like I was the king of my street. I took the cutlass with me as I knew if I dropped it, he'll just pick it up and rob someone else.

A little street O.T helped me. However, like I said, it could have been worse. What if he had attacked first rather than try to threaten me into giving up my possessions?

Anyone with similar stories should share.
That place is dangerous from time immemorial, you are lucky, just a lone attacker. Most time they are many, remember Godogodo, the police slayer, he came from there and many bad guys killing and maiming people. You are aware the place is dangerous ,but you still went on without care in the world. Next time you may not be lucky.

3 Likes

Re: How I Escaped A Robbery by Timoleon(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2019
tubolancer:
That place is dangerous from time immemorial, you are lucky, just a lone attacker. Most time they are many, remember Godogodo, the police slayer, he came from there and many bad guys killing and maiming people. You are aware the place is dangerous ,but you still went on without care in the world. Next time you may not be lucky.

True...somehow, I just hated living a life of fear that was why I went ahead in taking the place. That place dangerous.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Principal Of Yahoo-yahoo School In Lagos "Remanded In Ikoyi Prison(photos)" / Alert!!: Lady Threatens To Distribute The HIV She Acquired From Her Boyfriend / Iyanna (floyd Mayweather's Daughter) Arrested For Assault With A Deadly Weapon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.