Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State (26687 Views)

Akwa Ibom Man Shoots Dead His Only Son During Argument (Photo) / Burial Photos Of The 32-Year-Old Lady Raped & Murdered In Jos / Man And His Gang Exposed After Taking Suspicious Photos At Military Event. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ANSMEDIA: 8:08am On Mar 30, 2019
Late Aguleri Monarch Eze Idigo Laid To Rest At Country Home
EJIKE ABANA EJIKE ABANA
21 mins ago

The remains of the Traditional Ruler of Aguleri, Eze Christopher Idigo has been interred in his Aguleri Palace.

Speaking during the Requiem mass held in his honour, at St Joseph Pro-Cathedral Catholic Church, Aguleri, Governor Willie Obiano extolled the Monarch as a man who enthroned lasting peace in Aguleri Kingdom.

St Joseph Pro-Cathedral Catholic Church, Aguleri, was filled to capacitry as members of late Eze Christopher Idigo’s immediate and extended families, Ndi Aguleri, Anambra State Exco members, House of Assembly members, APGA faithful led by its National Chairman, Chief Victor Oye, members of other Political parties, top government functionaries and the academia, among others attended the Mass.

The former CommonWealth Secretary General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Senator representing Anambra Central, Chief Victor Umeh, Traditional Rulers, among others also attended the mass, celebrated by four Catholic Bishops and college of clergymen.

Governor Obiano in his speech said that Aguleri community was not mourning because Eze Idigo lived and ruled well and called on them to rejoice in thanksgiving to God for his manifold blessings to the Community through the gift of late Eze Idigo whom he described as the greatest traditional ruler Aguleri has ever enthroned.

While appreciating everyone that came to join in the final respect to Eze Idigo, the Governor expressed optimism that Aguleri will remain in peace forever, asking God to give his soul peaceful repose .

Earlier in a homily, Reverend Father Joseph Nwakobi who prayed that Eze Idigo’s exit will sustain peace, unity, better relation in his family, Aguleri and neighbouring communities, stressed that people should strive to live a good life, accommodate one another, and shun selfish quest for earthly gains that according to him ,retard growth and development.

Speaking to the ABS, the member representing Ihiala Two Constituency at the State Assembly, Dr Paschal Agbodike and Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka joined voices asking the Governor and Ndi Aguleri to initiate measures to sustain existing peace in the community.

Eze Christopher of the Idigo Royal dynasty, who was born on November 25 1944 and joined his ancestors on January eleventh 2019, was until his death, the traditional ruler of Aguleri starting from 1995 to 2019.

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ANSMEDIA: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Igwe Ogalagidi goes Home in Style.

Aguleri Mourns a Beloved Igwe

What no one missed at the ceremonies marking the final exit of His Royal Majesty, Igwe Christopher Nwabunwanne Idigo is that he was deeply loved by his people. Ndi Aguleri and prominent sons and daughters of Anambra State wore mournful looks today as they paid their last respect to a cultural icon who carried himself remarkably well all through his days on the ancient throne of his ancestors.

Igwe Idigo never failed to be regal for one day; commanding respect from a distance with his dignified carriage. He made royalty seem such a lofty height to aspire to by his many admirers. And as the colourful chariot bearing his remains rolled down the slope to his final resting place among his illustrious forefathers, it was very clear that Igwe Idigo would be sorely missed.

Here are some photographs from the ceremonies...

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by majamajic(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2019
Igwes from that region are dropping so fast remaining Igwe Chinedu Na umunya, Igwe Chinedu may u live long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ANSMEDIA: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2019
majamajic:
Igwes from that region are dropping so fast
remaining Igwe Chinedu Na umunya, Igwe Chinedu may u live long.

Please read to get informed. Igwe Idigo lived a fulfilled life and died at a very old age.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2019
majamajic:

What a trash.

11 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by bender79: 8:46am On Mar 30, 2019
Finally will all this procession make him see God?

1 Like

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by majamajic(m): 9:08am On Mar 30, 2019
ANSMEDIA:

Please read to get informed. Igwe Idigo lived a fulfilled life and died at a very old age.

I didn't say young, fast is different from young
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Amuocha: 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nice
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ngwababe(f): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
See money.... RIP Onye Eze!

2 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by IprintMONEY: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
So we should fry water. I hate all these Igbos

1 Like

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by chrisifeanyi: 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
This attitude of fixing wedding reception in church premises just to deny us beer should stop

4 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Factfinder1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
I pray he makes it to heaven sha after all the display and spending....thats what really matters at the end not the type of casket or car that rode him to the grave..... May God have mercy on us and make us prepared and worthy to meet him when our time comes.... RIP

2 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
A price we all shall pay someday.

Kinda grim almost all here now will b no more in 80 years to come
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
Aguleri on lock down!
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Dreal1247: 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
Death remains a reminder to everyone that we are all travellers on earth. A day comes when one has to leave without any argument. The most important question, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO SPEND ETERNITY?

4 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Pearlyakin(m): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
One IPOB Lost

cc Chipink come and see your people
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by RemiTinubu(f): 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
IprintMONEY:
my brother hate is a strong word
let love reign cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by renzo042(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
majamajic:

6 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
RIP.
Obiano's place.
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
RIP Eze Idigo.
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
IprintMONEY:

6 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by kay29000(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
Wow. I did my youth service at Saint Joseph secondary school... Just next tomorrow this church. Memories.
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by sexyking1: 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
This boy be like;
Make una do this shit fast I wan go back to my real country grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
St Joseph Pro-Cathedral Catholic church. How?
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
Aren't these Igwes and Ezes the warrant chiefs (civil servants) appointed by the British administrators?
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by ChiefSweetus: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
sexyking1:
This boy be like;
Make una do this shit fast I wan go back to my real country grin grin
grin

Meanwhile, what is obiano's wife wearing ffs! Ugh

1 Like

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by philips007(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
Empty skull

IprintMONEY:

2 Likes

Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by partnerbizz4: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
When beggars die there are no comets seen ... The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by jrusky(m): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
majamajic:

I didn't say young, fast is different from young

May be ill health caused his death he is just 75 years and was coronated 1999. Possible health issues might the death.

RIP to him. He has done his part and gone.
Re: Eze Christopher Idigo Dead, His Burial Photos At Aguleri Anambra State by daddyfreeman1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Obiano be like someone suffering from epilepsy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Housewife Breaks Stepson's Arms And Leg (pics) / 7-Year-Old Nigerian Boy Killed In Suspected Arson Attack In London. Pics / Man Rapes Mother And Child In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.