Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter (23465 Views)

Sanusi Mamman, Yar’Adua University VC To Girlfriend: You Won't Graduate If... / Ajayi Crowther University Students Locked Outside Overnight For Coming Late / Adenowo Emmanuel Oreoluwa Expelled By Ajayi Crowther University Over Indian Hemp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Esquire8080(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
Our own professor dapo asaju. We are lasu we are proud.

4 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by ddeola: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
Private university wahala spoilt kids

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
Imarnuel10:

Oh okay, great
Take a look the notice sent to the students has directed by the vc

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dangotesmummy: 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Joshmodest:

God bless you bro...
That this is Nigeria excuse really pisses me off, do Nigerians forbid doing things in the right way ?
What is wrong , is wrong....
The man practically insulted parents and students that pay his salary...there are better ways to make your point than being rude, the VC's attitude speaks alot about the kind of students they have , the tree never falls far from the tree !!
so you expect him to sound subservient BECAUSE THE PARENTS ARE THE ONES PAYING HIS SALARY

need I remind yo that in every business or services rendered ,there are TERMS AND CONDITIONS. so he should be begging parents after the insults he received from them.the elders say RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL. the mere fact that his salary is coming from the school fees of the students is not a license to insult your children's vc.even if you're not happy with things you express your displeasure with manners as a parent. This is part of the indiscipline we're talking about. For example when you have an appointment by 9am or an event and adults are coming at 11am.does that show regard for the person waiting for you? Now the school is trying to enforce discipline, A FAITH BASED SCHOOL and all of a sudden he is rude.no wonder cultism,armed robbery, rape ,exchanging vagina for marks and all manners of barbarism happens in public schools because there are no boundaries or enforced rules for students and lecturers

Any parent that doesn't want his child disciplined for bad behavior or wants his child too have lousy freedom can as well carry them to uniben,lasu,esut etc where they will spend eternity to get a degree and be susceptible to cult related attacks or gang killing

Anything goes schools are all over Nigeria where they harbor all sorts and where nasty behaviors can easily be concealed and go unchecked till they enter the society and become a nuisance to themselves and others around them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Balawal(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Mr VC you need to watch the way your institution adopt students.Some of these students came from corrupt private secondary schools where they over pamper them these same private secondary schools assisted them to pass waec ,your institution also gave them admission on the ground of money making now you're complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by poseidon12: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
Good. That's a no nonsense VC right there. That's how it should be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by mechanics(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
The VC is really angry.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by poseidon12: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2019
asuustrike1:

In essence they are very strict with students i right?

Yep, you are. They don't have time for nonsense.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by CodeTemplar: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2019
asuustrike1:

Does that warrant the students to misbehave? If he churns out students not worthy of sound character and learning, who would they held responsible?. Should any misfortune happens whose university would be painted black? The school has integrity to keep hence drastic measures must be put in place
People think paying fees for a service is such big deal. The man is doing his VC job according to agreement the parents/students signed at admission stage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by CodeTemplar: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
HigherEd:
Although the part about closing hostel during class time doesn't make sense to me either. So many students won't have classes at the same time na.

The best you can do is to enforce the 75% attendance required to write exams which to be honest is not necessary either.
Let the rest go to the N30m library.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by poseidon12: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
HigherEd:
Although the part about closing hostel during class time doesn't make sense to me either. So many students won't have classes at the same time na.

The best you can do is to enforce the 75% attendance required to write exams which to be honest is not necessary either.

A University should not be in the business of compelling students to attend classes. If a student does not attend classes, I expect that the student will fail the exams.
To get students to attend classes, the Professors should be organising frequent class quizzes and mid term exams.

2 Likes

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by poseidon12: 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
wink2015:
Operating a private university in Nigeria is not easy.

Too many financial obligations comes out to consumes the profit.

A University is supposed to be a not-for-profit organization anyway.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by poseidon12: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
Optimist88:
BRO, I served in that school and I can tell you most of their ladies are sex objects! Both male and female have a rented apartment in town just for sexual escapades! They leave the school on weekends to those apartments with their partners in crime. In fact when you see their girls as a guy, you will surely feel a strong thing down there! Always in every joints and hotels in OYO town. That school doesn't represent a Christian school but thank God for this new VC. Even without a pass in Olevel, AcU will give you admission And above all, as a lecturer, you can f**k as many as you want. In fact my oga then impregnated one And eventually marry her when she refused to abort just to save his job.

That's terrible to hear. Shame on the Anglican Church leadership.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Biglittlelois(f): 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2019
dingbang:
I did, so what's your point?

So you graduated from a private University? Wonders, lol.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by iamclime(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
I know Professor Dapo Asaju personally and have worked with him at higher levels on very challenging and sensitive work in University Administration. I can confidently say that he is a man of his words. He is very open and approachable and gives regard to all, irrespective of their status or stature. He doesn't tolerate nonsense and abuse of privileges either, and may get highly frustrated at such things.
For our beloved professor to have written this, the parents and children's cups must have been full and running over. I may not agree with his choice of words in some parts of the write-up, but I can bet you that one of the most difficult people to manage in Nigeria are cosseted, obstreperous children with a sense of entitlement, who also believe in instant self gratification! I have been there. Enough said.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2019
oweniwe:

Boss... Weed smoking among Igbinedion university boys no be here o. I schooled there briefly and transferred away before they finished me. It is hard for hardworking and morally upright student to survive at Igbinedion university.
It is not hard if you follow right group. It would be hard if you have low self esteem .

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Optimist88:
As a shy guy coupled with my pocket, I couldn't explore as much as I wanted to then but one of them was bold enough then to ask for it!
and u went on to fvck them dry and crazy yet bashing them. your hypocrisy is loud
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Redder97(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
Joshmodest:

God bless you bro...
That this is Nigeria excuse really pisses me off, do Nigerians forbid doing things in the right way ?
What is wrong , is wrong....
The man practically insulted parents and students that pay his salary...there are better ways to make your point than being rude, the VC's attitude speaks alot about the kind of students they have , the tree never falls far from the tree !!

so, the VC shouldn't do his job anymore, he should become a puppet?
Just give this forum one of those ways.

The tree, you mean the parents?
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dingbang(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
Biglittlelois:

So you graduated from a private University? Wonders, lol.
whats the big deal in that?
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Optimist88(m): 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
camobri:

and u went on to fvck them dry and crazy yet bashing them. your hypocrisy is loud
Sorry I forgot to include that I did not do such with her!

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Joshmodest(m): 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
dangotesmummy:
so you expect him to sound subservient BECAUSE THE PARENTS ARE THE ONES PAYING HIS SALARY

need I remind yo that in every business or services rendered ,there are TERMS AND CONDITIONS. so he should be begging parents after the insults he received from them.the elders say RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL. the mere fact that his salary is coming from the school fees of the students is not a license to insult your children's vc.even if you're not happy with things you express your displeasure with manners as a parent. This is part of the indiscipline we're talking about. For example when you have an appointment by 9am or an event and adults are coming at 11am.does that show regard for the person waiting for you? Now the school is trying to enforce discipline, A FAITH BASED SCHOOL and all of a sudden he is rude.no wonder cultism,armed robbery, rape ,exchanging vagina for marks and all manners of barbarism happens in public schools because there are no boundaries or enforced rules for students and lecturers

Any parent that doesn't want his child disciplined for bad behavior or wants his child too have lousy freedom can as well carry them to uniben,lasu,esut etc where they will spend eternity to get a degree and be susceptible to cult related attacks or gang killing

Anything goes schools are all over Nigeria where they harbor all sorts and where nasty behaviors can easily be concealed and go unchecked till they enter the society and become a nuisance to themselves and others around them

It's easy for you to come here to say what suits you , cos you speaking from one angle alone ..
Now look at it from the angle of the parents , i hope you realise this private unis are financially oriented universities, we can as well call them businesses, u have to treat your customers who keep the business running ,with courtesy and don't expect to be treated with same , cos you are at the receiving end .......if you were a parent , you definitely wouldn't be glad and be chanting discipline here and there , if you are insulted in this manner..it's like receiving slaps from something you bought with your money !!

And what does FAITH BASED , have to do with this issue , so in a faith based school the VC , can insult the parents anyhow he likes..you made mention of TERMS AND CONDITIONS. in a business setting , once a customer violates the T&C's, you follow due process and kick such person out , and not trading words with them ...such impatience and lack of self control from the VC of a FAITH BASED SCHOOL, is really surprising....

Noone is oblivious of the fact that , private unis are attended mostly by spoilt brats , whose parents want to have an easy life....so why all of a sudden the VC is acting , like he is a fresher in the school...

Schools where the VC can talk to the parents anyhow , like Unilag, Uniben, laspotech and the likes, are all over Nigeria, where the VC can show his lack of wisdom of speech ...he should go and seek employment there ...if you must work in a private uni, and enjoy all the benefits , then be ready for sticks like this ,after all THIS IS NIGERIA !! if he can't take the heat let him leave the kitchen .....
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Biglittlelois(f): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
dingbang:
whats the big deal in that?

Lol relax, no hard feelings.
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by wonder233: 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Which one is "the girls have parents that have been hurt".. Where they raped?
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dangotesmummy: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Joshmodest:

It's easy for you to come here to say what suits you , cos you speaking from one angle alone ..
Now look at it from the angle of the parents , i hope you realise this private unis are financially oriented universities, we can as well call them businesses, u have to treat your customers who keep the business running ,with courtesy and don't expect to be treated with same , cos you are at the receiving end .......if you were a parent , you definitely wouldn't be glad and be chanting discipline here and there , if you are insulted in this manner..it's like receiving slaps from something you bought with your money !!

And what does FAITH BASED , have to do with this issue , so in a faith based school the VC , can insult the parents anyhow he likes..you made mention of TERMS AND CONDITIONS. in a business setting , once a customer violates the T&C's, you follow due process and kick such person out , and not trading words with them ...such impatience and lack of self control from the VC of a FAITH BASED SCHOOL, is really surprising....

Noone is oblivious of the fact that , private unis are attended mostly by spoilt brats , whose parents want to have an easy life....so why all of a sudden the VC is acting , like he is a fresher in the school...

Schools where the VC can talk to the parents anyhow , like Unilag, Uniben, laspotech and the likes, are all over Nigeria, where the VC can show his lack of wisdom of speech ...he should go and seek employment there ...if you must work in a private uni, and enjoy all the benefits , then be ready for sticks like this ,after all THIS IS NIGERIA !! if he can't take the heat let him leave the kitchen .....
can you just imagine.this is part of the entitlement mentality we're talking about. What is wrong is wrong. There's no grammar for it.if you insult anyone (you have opened a can of worms) and expect a feedback that might not be pleasant or go down well with you.if you are a parent and you don't like the way your child is treated,what happens to expressing your displeasure with manners and basic courtesy.you have to resort to insults. What for? You as a parent KNEW THE RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE BRINGING YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER TO THE SCHOOL. Why the sudden complaints? ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS.if you cannot take the heat,get out of the kitchen. If you want to pamper and spoil your kids rotten and you don't want anyone to call them to order when they misbehave, withdraw them and take them to other schools where they'll have the freedom to smoke their brains out, engage in oorrggy and not go to class or take exams at all and let's see who will bear the brunt of untrained and indisciplined kids

The only unfortunate part of the matter is that untrained kids do not just constitute nuisance to their immediate family but others,if they were only a menace to their parents maybe there'll have been less crimes and parents will draw the line between over indulgence and care

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dangotesmummy: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
iamclime:
I know Professor Dapo Asaju personally and have worked with him at higher levels on very challenging and sensitive work in University Administration. I can confidently say that he is a man of his words. He is very open and approachable and gives regard to all, irrespective of their status or stature. He doesn't tolerate nonsense and abuse of privileges either, and may get highly frustrated at such things.
For our beloved professor to have written this, the parents and children's cups must have been full and running over. I may not agree with his choice of words in some parts of the write-up, but I can bet you that one of the most difficult people to manage in Nigeria are cosseted, obstreperous children with a sense of entitlement, who also believe in instant self gratification! I have been there. Enough said.
the mistake the vc made was engaging in discussion with parents and making himself too available. THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULDNT DO WITH OVER SPOILT CHILDREN AND ENTITLED PARENTS. Make them feel they're not all that.

All he needed to do was write down an official letter, cc the deans,deans will cc the hods and hods will cc the coordinator. Its the coordinator that will give the students the letter or better still send the letter to the parents e.mails.you don't indulge spoilt and rude kids or their parents irrespective of what they pay or whoever they are.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Joshmodest(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
dangotesmummy:
can you just imagine.this is part of the entitlement mentality we're talking about. What is wrong is wrong. There's no grammar for it.if you insult anyone (you have opened a can of worms) and expect a feedback that might not be pleasant or go down well with you.if you are a parent and you don't like the way your child is treated,what happens to expressing your displeasure with manners and basic courtesy.you have to resort to insults. What for? You as a parent KNEW THE RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE BRINGING YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER TO THE SCHOOL. Why the sudden complaints? ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS.if you cannot take the heat,get out of the kitchen. If you want to pamper and spoil your kids rotten and you don't want anyone to call them to order when they misbehave, withdraw them and take them to other schools where they'll have the freedom to smoke their brains out, engage in oorrggy and not go to class or take exams at all and let's see who will bear the brunt of untrained and indisciplined kids

The only unfortunate part of the matter is that untrained kids do not just constitute nuisance to their immediate family but others,if they were only a menace to their parents maybe there'll have been less crimes and parents will draw the line between over indulgence and care

My bone of contention is the VC was not professional in his response ...two wrongs has never and would never make one right, the VC lacks self control and that is the main reason he got insulted, by the parents in the first instance....
All those supporting him are either jealous of parents and students of private unis, or trying to form disciplinarians..
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dangotesmummy: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
Zerlo:
I just have to drop in on this thread when I saw the title. I had my service year at d university last year.
I understand that d contents of this acclaimed letter is not of d highest standard but I can tell u that the VC is a great academician whom by my rating would rival the world's best standards.
This man is the best u could think of when u are concerned with; promoting academic excellence, alleviating moral decadence and enriching societal values. I always wondered while still working in d school, that why can't we promote people of his standards to the helm of affairs in this country. I can tell u that Nigeria is truly blessed in human resources but it's unfortunate that the system will not allow God fearing individuals to thrive.
As the man will always says, "I can't wait to resume back to my work at LASU", I pray he finish his tenure peacefully and I can assure u that these ungrateful parents (students, staffs and the church community) will beg to have him back.
I don't understand. Is the vc a lecturer in lasu?

Speaking of lasu,that university is a den of cultist,school girls in the afternoon and prostitutes at night.

I recently heard of an associate professor that was dismissed for sexual harassment. So the moral decadence in lasu is mega lipsrsealed
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dingbang(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Lol relax, no hard feelings.
cool
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by dangotesmummy: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
Joshmodest:

My bone of contention is the VC was not professional in his response ...two wrongs has never and would never make one right, the VC lacks self control and that is the main reason he got insulted, by the parents in the first instance....
All those supporting him are either jealous of parents and students of private unis, or trying to form disciplinarians..
so how should he have spoken to the parents or exercise self control? He should be going to their houses and prostrate for them once by one or what? The vc is a human being with emotions and very minute number of people, like 5 in 500 million can ignore and I'm very happy he put the parents in their place

Those parents are what Yoruba's call awon iya ati baba oshi tobimo Oran

Those days when a child misbehaves its the teachers that will discipline him and when the parents know of it they'll come to school and thank the teacher but now we have people who lack self control,having no business being parents but unfortunately are

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
A very matured response!
Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
naijadefender:
Are you for real, a whole Vice chancellor could pen down this condescending and abusive letter.

No matter what happens Parents deserve respect because without their hard earned money the University will not be in existence.

Which stupid money? So... because they are fulfilling their parental obligation their wards shouldn't respect the school rules again? They should desecrate every good value and Goodwill the institution are working assiduously to build, what nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther University VC Blast Parents And Students In Open Letter by oyejohn: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
Daddysmind:
Prof has won my admiration. ACU is a place you can confortably send your wards.Good and condusive academic environment.I had an encounter with him in my third semester MBA exams in ACU.He came into the hall as we were about to start exam in Crowther Hall.He prayed for us and released prophetic words upon us.He words were mind uplifting and inspiring.Honestly, parents should allow him to help mould and bring out the best in their children.

God bless you bro..most people here dont know Prof Asaju.
I met him when he was Bishop Theologian of The Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion. I studied for a PhD at Crowther Graduate Seminary Isale Igbein Abeokuta.
Prof was a father gave us advises on our choice of research topics taught long classes,sent us on numerous trips to meet the best Old Testament Scholars which I studied wherever they could be found in Nigeria
He is not a conventional academic professor though he has loads of research works home and abroad.
He is just a practical pastor and theologian
Finally I doubt if ACU can pay Prof. He is a reformer he is not answerable to a salary hence he can pen this powerful one!
So happy to read this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NANS React To The Lecturer That Slapped Unilorin SU President / Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) / Oluwatofunmi Oteju Shines At Augsburg University In America. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.