Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! (4309 Views)

Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model / 1zz J20f Engine / Am In Need Of 2002 Toyota Corolla 1zz Direct Tokunbo Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by shaddi(m): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2019
The Toyota 1ZZ-FE is rather obviously the first engine in the Toyota ZZ family. It’s a 1.8L with a 79mm bore, 91.5mm stroke and a 10:1 compression. You can tell from those specifications alone that this engine is fairly torquey thanks to the long stroke and provides great efficiency with that high compression ratio.

This engine feature technologies such as multipoint fuel injection, VVT-i, forged connecting rods, and an optional supercharger for some models. The only models that received the TRD Supercharger kit were the Corolla, Matrix, and Pontiac Vibe.
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by shaddi(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2019
*Cars That Came With the 1ZZ

The 1ZZ engine was equipped in various automobiles ranging from sedans, coupes, small SUVs, and mid-engined sports car. Toyota put this engine in so many different vehicles because of it’s reliability and good performance especially with the later ZZ engines.

Toyota Allion
Toyota Avensis
Toyota Caldina
Toyota Celica GT
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Isis
Toyota Matrix XR
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Toyota Opa
Toyota Premio
Toyota RAV4
Toyota Wish
Chevy Prizm
Pontiac Vibe
Lotus Elise
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by shaddi(m): 7:38am On Mar 31, 2019
*1ZZ: Known Problems*

Just like the 2AZ engine, the 1ZZ does have a couple of known issues. The main being excessive oil consumption which many Toyota four cylinders are known for. The main components that cause this oil burning issue are the piston rings just like 2AZ, and the valve stem seals. This issue was cured in the 2003+ versions of the 1ZZ. Other than the oil consumption, the 1ZZ is a pretty reliable little engine.
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by shaddi(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2019
Production Run: 1998 – 2007
Cylinder Block Material: Aluminum
Cylinder Head Material: Aluminum
Valvetrain: Dual Over Head Cams – Four Valve per
Horsepower: 120 hp, 143 hp
Torque: 122 lb-ft, 126 lb-ft

Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by Alvin007: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
Apt!...but I’m yet to see a RAV4 with a 1zz-fe engine.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by ukandi1(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2022
Alvin007:

Haven't seen it in a caldina as well.

Caldinas I see come with 3s - 5s, 4A For - 7A Fe.
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by Alvin007: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
ukandi1:

Haven't seen it in a caldina as well.

Caldinas I see come with 3s - 5s, 4A For - 7A Fe.

There you have it.

1 Like

Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by johnsurvive: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
shaddi:

Just like the 2AZ engine, the 1ZZ does have a couple of known issues. The main being excessive oil consumption which many Toyota four cylinders are known for. The main components that cause this oil burning issue are the piston rings just like 2AZ, and the valve stem seals. This issue was cured in the 2003+ versions of the 1ZZ. Other than the oil consumption, the 1ZZ is a pretty reliable little engine.

Pls sir, How do we correct this issue. " Engine consuming oil." In Toyota Corolla 2006 model.

Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by ukandi1(m): 5:16am On Oct 09, 2022
I want to buy this 1zz for my avensis but the price is crazy.
Don't mind a sound Nigeria use if the price is fair
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by bonnyhope: 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
shaddi:

True talk

The only known problem with that Toyota engine is Oil short
If you are able to get one without this problem, you will enjoy Toyota
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by kiekie1(m): 12:15am On Mar 01
bonnyhope:

True talk

The only known problem with that Toyota engine is Oil short
If you are able to get one without this problem, you will enjoy Toyota

What's the possible cause
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by Whois(m): 2:42pm On Mar 01
Alvin007:
You're right. Rav4 used 1AZ
Re: Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! by gpsmiles: 8:58am On Mar 03
There is. My neighbour Rav4 has 1zz Engine . I was surprised

(1) (Reply)

1.5million What Kind Of Car Can I Get For This Amount / Is Toyota Rav4 2008 Model A Good Car ? / Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.