Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model (503 Views)

Please Help: UPDATED toyota Avensis 2005 1AZ-SFE Not Reeving / Toyota 1zz Engine: Everything You Need To Know! / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model by ukandi1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2023
I have this 2000 model manual Avensis that came with 1ZZ - VVT-I.
the breakdown downs have become so frequent from overheating to valves not tapping even after grinding the top to crack on engine block in the course replacing the top.
I want to replace the engine with 1AZ since most Avensis come on 1Az. Aside the exhaust construction to cater for the change in manifold position between these engines , are the seatings similar? Can the engines replace themselves? Aside the starting ECU and wires , what else should I take note of please my people?
I am definitely done with 1Zz engine
Re: Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model by Dozieson(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
ukandi1:
the breakdown downs have become so frequent from overheating to valves not tapping even after grinding the top to crack on engine block in the course replacing the top.
I want to replace the engine with 1AZ since most Avensis come on 1Az. Aside the exhaust construction to cater for the change in manifold position between these engines , are the seatings similar? Can the engines replace themselves? Aside the starting ECU and wires , what else should I take note of please my people?

I think 1ZZ is even better than 1AZ in terms of fuel consumption but I am not sure of others. The electrical may not be same too

2 Likes

Re: Replacing 1ZZ With 1AZ In Toyota Avensis 2000 Model by Manuella4ace: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
ukandi1:

Replace your 1zz engine with a good toks 1zz engine.

If you try that operation you want to do, believe me your car will never remain the same.

You will even spend more, ecu, engine harness, with dirty construction of the engine mount.
Perish the idea.
Stick to your 1zz

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Snow Foam Your Car? / Nearly Used Lexus RX 350 2008 For Sale.Sold / Up Country Local Govt Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.