Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed (53790 Views)

List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by LORDofODDS(m): 9:03am On Mar 31, 2019
One of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302’s pilots told the other “pitch up, pitch-up” moments before the Boeing 737 Max jetliner crashed three weeks ago, a new report has revealed.

According to The Wall Street Journal, that instruction and other information about the plane’s final moments paint a picture of a flight crew that was quickly overwhelmed.

The Ethiopian Airlines jet took off from Addis Ababa on March 10 and ran into trouble almost immediately, the Journal reported.

First Officer Ahmed Nur Mohammed contacted the control tower and in a crackling transmission reported a “flight control problem,” according to the newspaper, which cited people close to the ongoing investigation.

The tower asked for details as Captain Yared Getachew tried to climb and correct the glide path, the paper reported.

Two minutes into the flight oscillation became a wild bounce, then a dive. The flight lasted fewer than six minutes.

The pilot who urged the other to pitch up was not identified, as all 157 people on board the plane were killed.

The newspaper’s report came as Boeing faces mounting pressure to roll out a software update for its 737 Max, its best-selling jet.

A faulty anti-stalling system on the Max is suspected in the disaster, which occurred shortly after takeoff.

The Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) flight-control feature is also suspected in the crash of a Lion Air Boeing 737 Max in Indonesia last October, according to the BBC.

The Lion Air flight went down soon after takeoff, killing all 189 people on board.

Arlines grounded 737 Max jets in their fleets after the Ethiopian Airlines crash.

It is hoped there will be a fix in time for the peak summer travel season, the Associated Press reported.

The Max remains grounded worldwide and airlines are losing money because of canceled flights.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/final-words-of-pilot-of-crashed-ethiopian-airlines-plane-revealed/

5 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by youngest85(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2019
And I was in that plane o, how I manage to survive is what I can't explain.....praise God

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by GANAYAD: 9:47am On Mar 31, 2019
[what type of weed are you smoking quote author=youngest85 post=77137915]And I was in that plane o, how I manage to survive is what I can't explain.....praise God[/quote]

22 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
And I was in that plane o, how I manage to survive is what I can't explain.....praise God
which plane?

40 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Passionate888: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
The many face god must have its due

9 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by SpatialKing(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
Better watch what you wish for

95 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by youngest85(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2019
SpatialKing:

Better watch what you wish for
You deh fear to die? We don die already

16 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by ThothHermes: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2019
Passionate888:
The many face god must have its due
A life for a life.
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Slayar: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:

I don't think it's a joking matter.

54 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by youngest85(m): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2019
Satan66:

lipsrsealed
Afonjas never surprise me with their stupidity
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by henrybomb(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
Are you sure?
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by loveth360(f): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
what is wrong with you yoruba muslims.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Topmaike007(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
hallelujah cheesy
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Topmaike007(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:

Aja 1 gbera grin

1 Like

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by MoonWater: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2019
"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh."

1 Like

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by youngest85(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2019
loveth360:
what is wrong with you yoruba muslims.
I'm a Yoruba herbalist

4 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Amuocha: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2019
Buhari sef...pitch up pitch up embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by dingbang(m): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2019
Even if Nigeria had an airline, I would rather travel by road.

4 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by tunjijones(m): 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by SarkinYarki: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2019
It's clear this accident was caused by the auto trimming software MCAS , we have seen auto trimming softwares work aerodynamically unstable military planes like the B2 and F117 who wouldn't be able to even fly without such softwares working overtime to create input aerodynamics and stabilization but bringing such software into commercial aircraft to augment poor aerodynamics should be discouraged , commercial aircraft must depend on traditional aerodynamics as it's foundation and only use trimming software as minimally as possible ..The 737 max problem started from the moment the Boeing design team decided to ignore traditional aerodynamics in a bid to force in the CFM Leap turbofan engine into their aircraft to beat time and protect it's market from the encroaching Airbus A330 Neo the CFM engines were larger than what the low fuselage of the 737 could handle so the opted to move the engine further out the wings to create suitable clearance from the ground , this change will greatly change the aerodynamics of the 737 causing it to tend to pitch up during a flight which if unchecked could lead to a stall , so BOEing introduces MCAS which they have used on various military flying wing prototypes to come in and automatically pitch the planes nose down any time it's notices on over pitch upwards , the problem is that MCAS must work in tandem with a couple of sensors most important which is the Angle of Attack swivel sensor and if these sensors sends any faulty info to MCAS the software is also bound to overreact like what we saw on both crashes where the softwares thought the plane was going into a stall and attempts to recover the plane by pitching down and increasing engine power ( pilots would understand this ) but the problem here is that the plane was not stalling like the software thought but only climbing during the take off phase .

Way out for Boeing now .

I am a die hard fan of the 737 family and I consider it the safest commercial plane ever made and the most successful but in the wake of the recen crashes of the the Max series this what I think Boeing can do .

1 .shop for a smaller engine with the same performance spec as the CFM 1B leap.
OR
2.Re design the 737 so it can accommodate the CFM Leap engine .
OR

3 . Make MCAS to be redundant during the take off and landing phase of every flight and only active at cruise altitude .

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by opoloba: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2019
this is quite sad

In another news, to play Deal or No Deal game, whot game, poker game, click on https:///2HVwA3H
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Offpoint1: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
ok
Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
Americans and their media have since been looking for ways to paint Ethiopian Airlines and their personnel as negligent and untrained in order to absolve Boeing of any blame.

This is ridiculous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by PrinzCarter(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:

2 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by lastempero: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:

Dont worry you will be in the next one.

3 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by MzTunechi(f): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
smh

1 Like

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by TourismMan(m): 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
So what is now the interpretation/meaning of the pitch up pitch up to a lay man understanding?

2 Likes

Re: Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed by ipobarethieves: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
undecided.Tell ur mouth/tongue,to kip quiet.May Ur mouth not put u to trouble/destroy You

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean / Mistaken Of Identification / Amazing Borders Around The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.