Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,655 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man (2771 Views)

The Resemblance Between 2face And His Son, Nino (photos) / 2baba’s Son Nino Performs To A Crowd Larger Than His First / 2face Son, Nino, Working On His Music Talent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by snowdrops(m): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2010
Nino has been officially recognised by Guinness World Records as the world's shortest man, after the previous record holder - China's 74cm-high He Pingping - sadly died in March and prompted a search for a replacement.

Nino, who weighs just 22lb (10kg), has recently embarked on a career in acting - playing a tiny drug thug who gets killed in a shootout.

Nino, who says that he loves dancing, previously earned money by dancing in department stores.His parents say that one of Nino's brother's is also short, standing at just 37inches tall, but that his three other brothers are of normal height. The couple also lost a daughter wo was of similarly short stature in 1992, just before her first birthday.

A resident of Bosa, a mostly poor district of Bogota, Nino is in generally good health, although he does have some problems with his vision. He has a girlfriend, an 18-year-old named Fanny, who at just under 5ft is considerably taller than him.He's generally okay with the attention that his height brings him, although he says: 'It bothers me that people are touching me and picking me up.'

Nino says that his ambitions include owning a Mercedes, and that he would like to meet Jackie Chan, Sylvester Stallone and former Colombian President Alvaro Uribe. However, his time as the world's shortest man is unlikely to last long, according to Guinness World Records officials. His crown is expected to be snatched from him by Nepal's Khagendra Thapa Magar - who, at 22in (56cm), currently holds the title of the world's shortest teenager - just as soon as he turns 18 on October 14.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/840069-colombian-named-as-new-worlds-shortest-man

Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by Kunbee: 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
awwwwww
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by mamagee3(f): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
He's barely noticeable. . . shocked shocked

Oh my God, why are people like this? embarassed
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by philip0906(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2010
mama-gee:

He's barely noticeable. . . shocked shocked

Oh my God, why are people like this? embarassed

like how?Bloke is already a "super star". . .Don't u c paparazzi? grin grin grin
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by Dolemite(f): 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
Put him in a cage and he'll be a REAL superstar. undecided You humans never cease to amuse me.
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by mamagee3(f): 11:48pm On Sep 08, 2010
philip0906:

like how?Bloke is already a "super star". . .Don't u c paparazzi? grin grin grin
What are you talking about?

Being like that doesn't equate to superstardom although some of them may have accepted the way they are.

I think they sometimes feel derived of their joy.
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by philip0906(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2010
Dolemite:

Put him in a cage and he'll be a REAL superstar.  undecided You humans never cease to amuse me.
"free thinkers" and their way of reasoning?absurd undecided
mama-gee:

What are you talking about?

Being like that doesn't equate to superstardom although some of them may have accepted the way they are.

I think they sometimes feel derived of their joy.

whatever. . .He's become famous,has his name in d guiness book of records(a feat many "dream" of acheiving) and it has opened d doors 4 other things.Thats my point grin grin
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by snowdrops(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
as long as the guy and his family are happy, who are we to complain. the guy even has a girlfriend 5ft tall
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by Tosinville(m): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
lol
Re: Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez Named As New World's Shortest Man by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

whatever. . .He's become famous,has his name in d guiness book of records(a feat many "dream" of acheiving) and it has opened d doors 4 other things.Thats my point grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Afrocandy - Shows All B*obs, Completely Nak*d As Santa?! - Photos / Mariah Carey Goes Naked With Her Dog In The Bath Tub / Mega-rich Arab Men Show Off Their 'ultimate Status Symbols'... Super Cars And Bi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.