Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,698 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? (522 Views)

Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by ThisWayOrThatWay: 11:50am On Mar 31, 2019
Sequel to this topic that hit front page this morning.

https://www.nairaland.com/5086575/cousins-marriage-christianity-forbidden

I would love to get more views on the issue of marrying cousins. But in this case, a step-cousin.

She's my paternal uncle's-wife's daughter, though from another man and we've kind of fallen inlove with each other. Is there a possibility of a blood-link or connection? I'm confused because she's not my uncle's blood or off-spring but another man's. N/B: we're not from the same place and my uncle is late.

Now, since the Bible has not expressly stated that it's wrong to marry or engage in such relationships. Is it morally right to have amorous relationship with step-cousins?

cc; Lalasticlala, OAM4J. I would appreciate diverse opinions on this.
Re: Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2019
You can, you are not really related...but then again you can't because when your uncle married your aunt, her child became a family member.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by Bojack(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2019
oga nothing spoil
Re: Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2019
I understand the first person asked this (front page) question based on curiosity....But urs is not just about curiosity.

Wat I dont understand is, y someone wud like to have a taste of such relationship wit any of ones relative with so much population in today's world.

Seriously, i am not getting it....
Re: Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by ThisWayOrThatWay: 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Jolenejole:
You can, you are not really related...but then again you can't because when your uncle married your aunt, her child became a family member.
But our blood-lines are entirely different. It would have been questionable if we were first cousins. Are we not distant enough?
Re: Is Marriage To Step-cousins Forbidden? by ThisWayOrThatWay: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
sherylbakky:
I understand the first person asked this (front page) question based on curiosity....But urs is not just about curiosity.

Wat I dont understand is, y someone wud like to have a taste of such relationship wit any of ones relative with so much population in today's world.

Seriously, i am not getting it....
Well, the thing is, we never really knew each other from the begining. I was officially introduced to her sometime last year and that very moment changed everything.

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When We Criticize A Real Miracle And Tagged It "Fake" / Reverend Mother Esther Reacts After Finding "Egusi" & Pounded Yam In South Korea / 10 Mysterous Prayers To Cut Off Spirit Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.