Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) (35456 Views)

Olumide Ayeni's Corpse, Killed By Damilola Ayeni, His Wife In Lagos (Graphic) / Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / 2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Ritzy10(f): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
Some lodgers have accused the management of Askamaya Hotel, Lagos, of assaulting them for allegedly complaining about the poor quality of food they were served.

According one of them, “They sold a bad food for us after we booked five rooms and paid in full. They sold noodles with spoilt chicken for us and we couldn’t eat it.

We then spoke to the manager and the head of the kitchen to remove the money for the chicken from our bill because we couldn’t pay for that. Three of their staff even tasted the chicken and confirmed it was bad.

But instead of making things right, they said we won’t be able to move our 3 cars without paying and they started beating us. They used sharp objects on us and stole our wristwatch, chain and IPhone.”

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/lodgers-brutalized-by-staff-of-askamaya-hotel-in-lagos-graphic-2/

2 Shares

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Ritzy10(f): 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
.. cry
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by backnbeta(f): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
Askamaya Hotel sounds like a razz place where people will go for short time or hide from the police...won't be surprised if their staff molest lodgers undecided

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Davash222(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
There’s more to this story. The hotel staff can’t just start beating you guys just like that. Give us the full details.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by gaby(m): 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
The name of the hotel alone is enough to tell you the kinda service or food you'd be getting there "ayama"...

Can't forget my first and ever armed robbery attack gosh...

'Twas 2008 and I had just visited Nig. and decided it'd be best to lodge close to my folks somewhere around berger for fear of my presence at home inviting the owners of the night.

I'd gone chilling at the bar one lovely sunny day enjoying my Marlboro and Big stout while my business manager was seated next to me giving account of his custody of my business.

Some scruffy looking dudes were seated not far from us and were sharing a bottle, a sight that obviously brought back memories of my struggle days on the streets of Mafoluku Oshodi as a young lad. So, I discreetly motioned to the waitress and told her to tend to these guys on my bill....who send me message...

They ordered Turkeys and drinks to their fill, thanked me while I headed back to my room jogodoish...

Meanwhile, I had been checked into a room on the top floor but complained and got moved to a different room that morning.

I was startled awake to bangings and commands of "open the door or you go die if we break am. Jesuuu..

Infact the beating wey I receive that day with cutlass and gun butts ehn...still got a scar from that night on my head.

They had first gone upstairs to my former room and brought down the door because no one was responding to their orders from the room.

25 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Officialgarri: 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2019
Davash222:
There’s more to this story. The hotel staff can’t just start beating you guys just like that. Give us the full details.

Exactly. I believe they got into a fight , and the hotel staff won . Shikena undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
backnbeta:
Askamaya Hotel sounds like a razz place where people will go for short time or hide from the police...won't be surprised if their staff molest lodgers undecided

Exactly grin
Just check the name of the hotel sef

1 Like

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
....just because of some bad noodles?!

1 Like

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by DaHrNn0001: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
backnbeta:

Askamaya is a big strip club close to VGC...

13 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by k777(m): 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yg
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by dalass(f): 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Radarada angry
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by zabuur: 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
The name of the hotel sef
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by martineverest(m): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
service industry in Nigeria is dead...everyone is just after Ur money,once they get it,they don't care about u anymore

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by ifymadu: 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
I know that hotel very well and the owner is a good friend, I doubt that is exactly what happened. I will get in touch with the owner and share an update here.

14 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by kokoye(m): 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
DaHrNn0001:

Askamaya is a big strip club close to VGC...

person dey lodge for strip club?

8 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by KankOfLife(m): 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
Incomplete Story, hotel staff can't just assault you like this, but eh, 'This Is Nigeria".
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by hemartins(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
It's not about the name. If you stay around VGC, Lekki County Home or Ajah, you should know Askamaya.

8 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by RexTramadol1: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
Abi iss nuh d askamaya I sabi ni
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by RexTramadol1: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by mrsage(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
Askamaya has a hotel, bar and strip club. Its 3 in 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2019
gaby:
The name of the hotel alone is enough to tell you the kinda service or food you'd be getting there "ayama"...

'Twas 2008 and I had just visited Nig. and decided it'd be best to lodge close to my folks somewhere around berger for fear of my presence at home not inviting the owners of the night.

I'd gone chilling at the bar one lovely sunny day enjoying my Marlboro and Big stout while my business manager was seated next to me giving account of his custody of my business.

Some scruffy looking dudes were seated not far from us and were sharing a bottle, a sight that obviously brought back memories of my struggle days on the streets of Mafoluku Oshodi as a young lad. So, I discreetly motioned to the waitress and told her to ask tend to these guys on my bill.

They ordered Turkeys and drinks to their fill, thanked me while I headed back to my room jogodoish...

Meanwhile, I had been checked into a room on the top floor but complained and got moved to a different room that morning.

I was startled awake to bangings and commands of "open the door or you go die if we break am. Jesuuu..

What?!! shocked Dammm!! At that moment you probarbly thought, If only you had a 500 rounds hand gun. I Never stay in Hotels. I ussually go home to my Parents house in the Village. Were there is calm, fresh air, Atleast If anyone comes he or they will have to go past A 10 Electrocuting foot iron gate.

3 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Bsideboi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
gaby:

'Twas 2008 and I had just visited Nig. and decided it'd be best to lodge close to my folks somewhere around berger for fear of my presence at home not inviting the owners of the night.
Come and finish your story o....don't leave us hanging

Some scruffy looking dudes were seated not far from us and were sharing a bottle, a sight that obviously brought back memories of my struggle days on the streets of Mafoluku Oshodi as a young lad. So, I discreetly motioned to the waitress and told her to ask tend to these guys on my bill.

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Zzyy(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
Ol omoge askamaya grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by naturalwaves: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Askamaya is poorly maintained. I once lodged a male friend of mine there when he came from outside Lagos as we needed to get a lot of things done the next morning. The quality has gone way way down. The young guy who is the said manager/owner barely listens to advice or complaints. He is all about the money. We strolled into the club that night and I requested for a pack of juice. I was told I cannot get it unless I settle for an alcohol or one of those overly expensive drinks and I do not take alcohol. Someone had to sneak my juice for me. The owner was looking sternly from afar. According to the person that served me, he must not know because my juice was tagged "a mixer" and not a drink. Smh. I angrily stormed out back to the room. He is finally going to run that place down with his bad management despite the good location of the hotel. The bathrooms in the rooms are appallling..........bad water system, old layout/tubs, AC does not chill well, TV is not so clear, can barely flip channels. I am not even sure the intercomm works well. They do not even have a good kitchen, all they seem to have is someone to make noodles for you. Such a shame!
The night I was there, there was pandemonium too....they had issues with a customer and insisted he won't drive out his car from the compound............always fighting with customers........useless hotel/club.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by naturalwaves: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
Zzyy:
Ol omoge askamaya grin grin
According to Teni, she actually saw the place before getting inspiration to sing that song. She said she saw the name while driving.

1 Like

Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by Houseofglam7(f): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
WTF
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by davodyguy: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
One side story is not cool
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by jaxxy(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
What if they had called Efcc or sars na casting for u be dat. Ure even telling us how many cars u parked
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by jrusky(m): 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
Pls lodger are you all insane can t you read or heard the name of the hotel?

Seen such name didn't you know what the hotel will look like? How can you lodge in a hotel called Askamaya or Sakamanya or whatever pls what kind of name is this?

Una no dey fear set. You better thank your God they not kill you all and eat your flesh raw.

And for the hotel management they should be in court in ASAP. The hotel does not fit to serve human for serving spoilt meat therefore the state health officials should do their job.
Re: Lodgers Brutalized By Staff Of Askamaya Hotel In Lagos (Graphic) by ElsonMorali: 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) / Two Men Gang-rape, Film Ogun Teenage Girl / Cultists Arrested While Trying To Machete Rival Gang Member In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.