Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years (2656 Views)

Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / Chloroquine, Artesunate, Others Thrive In Nigeria, 2 Years After WHO Ban / Always Feeling Sick For The Past 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by Polybag: 3:25am On Sep 09, 2010
My lips have been peeling constantly for the past 2 years every single day and i dont know what else to do. When i was younger my mother noticed i had dry lips and used to buy me lip balms, but now at age 24,its gotten really bad, and the only name i have found closest to this condition is called Exfoliative Chelitis.

i am tired of this condition, i have tried all lip balms in the nigerian and england market,no change, i have tried taking cod liver oil, changed my tooth paste, and many more things, no change. this condition is ruining my social life,and makes me too conscious of my lips. i dont know what else to do.plz help me.
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by Woke4all(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2010
regular kissing may help tongue
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by Geoforever(f): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2010
it sometin u dont nid 2 stress urself abt cos i ve solutn 2 dt.just call me on 08035151554.
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by xxcarolxx(f): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2010
Use vaseline, you can get it in pocket size, use constantly through out the day and apply before you sleep at night. Don't lick your lips or try bite the skin from your lips,
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by WAVixen: 3:34am On Sep 13, 2010
dont call any one, dont peel your lips or lick it. follow what the poster said and use vaseline.
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2010
Go for HIV test
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by sd6: 12:18am On Sep 14, 2010
Do u peel off the dry skin on ur lips? If so, then thats the reason for recurrence. Again wats the weather like where u are? Sometimes vaseline and lip balms instigate such dryness. My advice is that u leave ur lips untouched for at least 10 days and see what happens. My thesis is that leaving ur lips untouched will engender natural regeneration and replenish the dry cells.
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by xxcarolxx(f): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2010
To leave your lips alone and not apply anything to them can lead them to cracking or splitting. Vaseline is good to use on your lips, or also blistex,

1 Like

Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by xerox1: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2010
Yes you also need to see my lip in the initial and final form. Funny for a guy with big cute dry lips. This particular lip gloss worked perfectly i could help you out with it if you want just contact me on 2347033886242, or akinob2 [AT]gmail.com. regards
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by Sissy3(f): 4:44am On Sep 18, 2010
before you go to bed, put vaseline on your lips and sleep with it. it will soften your lips. just wash/scrub it with a soft tissue or a soft bristle toothbrush and apply the vaseline and if you wear gloss apply it on top of it.

avoid using flavored lip balm cause it will cause you to lick your lips, drying you out

make sure you are not dehydrated. it will dry your lips out

try not to lick your lips no matter how tempting

check to see if you are allergic to anything.

go for prescription strength lip balms
Re: Peeling Lips For The Past 2 Years by mysisi(f): 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2010
I had that same problem some years ago. My lips darkened and peeled constantly even when I don't apply anything till I found out that my lip gloss was the problem. I had to stop using it and just let my lips breathe. Now I am careful not to use the applicator in my lip gloss I just put some on my finger and apply so I don't breed bacteria from my lips in my gloss. And I take time to buy lip gloss any one I buy that seem to dry out my lips I quickly dump it or give it out. For now I use joy lip gloss and its perfect for my lips. don't always wear lip gloss as this will make your lips depend on the gloss use lip gloss only when you want to go out or sparingly.

(1) (Reply)

Wer To Get Botox In Nigeria? / This Is What Happens When A Man Makes Love To A Pregnant Woman / STC30 Treats Sickle Cell Anemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.