Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How To Deal With Bad Breath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Deal With Bad Breath (19413 Views)

Helpful Remedies For Fixing Bad Breath / Can Bad Breath Be A Sign Of Health Problem? Read To Find Out! / How Do I Deal With Excruciating Ulcer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Bad Breath by Dentalgist: 11:52am On Apr 01, 2019
An article had been written on the causes of mouth odour. In this write-up, we would be discussing the remedies for mouth odour.

Most of the preventive tips are usually what an individual can do at home without necessarily visiting the dentist. However, if the mouth odour persists after applying simple home remedies, a visit to any dentist of your choice is advised. Please do not resort to the use of the so-called ‘miracle powder’, they won’t help either. The following highlights the simple preventive measures you can take for mouth odour:

DRINKING WATER

Yes, that sounds simple. Changing your pattern of drinking water might be all that you need to prevent or to even treat mouth odour. Water has a cleansing effect on the mouth, which prevents the stagnation of bacteria as well as food debris that are responsible for causing mouth odour.

TOOTHBRUSING

It may be tempting to say or think that toothbrushing cannot prevent or stop mouth odour. Most people would even tell their doctor that they brush for at fifteen minutes, to no avail. Interestingly, there are people who do not even bother to brush, they just wake up in the morning and use water to rinse their mouth.
Failure to brush or brush your teeth properly will result in the accumulation of food particles, which can predispose to mouth odour. It is advisable to ensure toothbrushing twice daily, first thing in the morning and the last act at night just before sleeping.

Also , ensure to clean your tongue using tongue scraper. If you do not have tongue scraper, you can use a soft toothbrush to gently clean your tongue to remove the food debris.

MONITORING WHAT YOU EAT AND DRINK

It is a know fact that certain foods such as Onion and Garlic can predispose to mouth odour when ingested. Also, try to moderate the ingestion of sugary foods as it has been linked with causing mouth odour. Caffeine in Coffee as well as alcohol are known to cause dry mouth, which can result in mouth odour.

USING MOUTHWASH

The use of mouthwash doesn’t permanently solve the problem of mouth odour especially if the underlying cause is not treated. It can be used in addition to toothbrushing.

STOP SMOKING

It is a known fact that smoking cigarette gives offensive mouth odour. Quitting this habit will stop bad breath automatically and will give you a new lease of life.

VISITING YOUR DENTIST

Scheduling regular visit to your dentist would enable early detection and treatment of cavities, gum disease or other underlying problems that might predispose to mouth odour.

Furthermore, if any of the above fails to eliminate your mouth odour, it is advisable you visit your dentist because there might be an underlying serious condidtion

https://dentalgist.ng/how-to-deal-with-bad-breath

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by raphealolami(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
Educative..

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by martineverest(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
number one reason why mouth smells is failure to scrap the whitish layer of the tongue.most people brush only their teeths without scrapping/brushing the white layer of the tongue...... don't forget to detox daily... that's very important

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Esomchi800(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nice information
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by kiiingemmy(m): 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
Download Fresh Video : Mayorkun - Tire

Watch Here--->

https://afribaze.com.ng/video/music/556-mayorkun-tire
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by SpatialKing(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Stop mouth action and blow jobs

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by haryothosyn93(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Kill the person first
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Jh0wsef(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
wash your tongue well in such a way that you're not injuring yourself and at the same time, knowing in mind you're really scraping. I shake my head cos this is really underrated

I am very conscious of my breath. maybe that is why the girls don't stop coming, just saying smiley

well. In all, having a good breath gives you a high level of confidence, lowkey

Oh. Yes. brush your lips as well, thank me later

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Jh0wsef(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by kokoye(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
..replace your toothbrush with kainkain (local sponge).

..you're welcome.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by maziokafor1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Some bad breath just can't go away, except God intervenes... I heard Tinubu has bad breath does it mean money cant cure bad breath....just asking oooo b4 his sons and daughters go attack me

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Mutemenot(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Some people's mouth odour originate from their stomach. So brushing or not, It has come to stay ..

9 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by tragergeorge(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Which wan be stop smoking,,if all d rest no fit stop am then make d odour de like dat

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by i2know2(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
OP you are very much on point. once you are done dealing with your bad breath, see the next step on my sig.

meanwhile you can see my sig for a more important stuff
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by IjebuWarrior: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Your #2 is a very common mistake made by majority of pple. Brushing ur teeth only cleans the teeth... brushing your whole mouth, especially rhe tongue (teeth inclusive) is a big antidote to bad breath.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Satan66(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
I hope Afonjas are listening!
Afonja and bad breathe is like pig and mud

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Demogorgon(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
EAT FRUITS REGULARLY

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Kheengussyman(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
No matter what if u dont have all this just go for charcoal and salt
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by IjebuWarrior: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Satan66:
I hope Afonjas are listening!
Afonja and bad breathe is like pig and mud

Oloriburuku, you dey form devil, abi? E no go better for ur generations! angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by martineverest(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
Mutemenot:
Some people's mouth odour originate from their stomach. So brushing or not, It has come to stay ..
that's why it's necessary to detox daily
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Sultty(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
Like one of my guys with bad breath. Merely talking to him brings tears to my eyes grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by martineverest(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
Kheengussyman:
No matter what if u dont have all this just go for charcoal and salt
or baking powder/soda

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by Kreamie(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bitter Kola

It does unbelievable wonders. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by ImpressionsNG: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
The solution is the miraculous alfalfa herb, available in raw or supplement form. There's nothing more effective for bad breath and body odour than it. Read more about it and thank me later...

https://www.impressions.ng/cure-bad-breath-body-odor-with-miraculous-alfalfa-plant/

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by emencoakagadafi: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
New Button Caliberation Digital Ph meter and Total dissolved solid + Temperature meter

Usage:
All water treatment and analysis
Catfish Rearing, Wine, ph monitoring in Geologist, Water engineers, water treatment engineers, pure water companies, organic cream and soap making, boreholes tertiary, secondary and special laboratories.

Parameters :
Read PH 1 - 14 (Acceptable: PH 6.5 - 7.5)
Tds 1 - 50 ppm (Cleanest)

Importance:

PH; high feed conversion rate = Faster growth. High fish survival rate. You know when to change water, You tell whether water is acidic or Alkaline. Fish grow fast. Happy fish when oh is right.

TDS; check, pollution of water, germs, turbidity

Price : Each N10,000
Both N15,000

DELIVERY DETAILS:

Delivery fee Lagos: N1000
Pay on Delivery.

Ogun: N1500 - N2000
Pay on Delivery.

Other states pay before delivery;

Northern states (State Capital)
delivery fee : N2500

South South - South east (State Capital) delivery fee N1500 - N2000

Call 08138570184 to place order

Whatsapp by clicking link below to order on whatsapp https:///2348138570184

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
K
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by prinsam30: 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
and make sure u fvck regularly, it also help big time
Re: How To Deal With Bad Breath by eddybongo101: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
kk

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Do If You Have Unprotected Sex / Confirmed Case Of Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom / Is This A Fake Drug?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.