Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,085 members, 7,849,403 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia (31909 Views)

Alaramma Ibrahim Detained In Saudi Arabia Over Drug, Returns To Nigeria / Zainab Aliyu May Be Killed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking / Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Kezlink11: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
She spoke too soft for matter so serious
chimjoshjuan:
The Federal Government, FG, has reacted to the execution of a Nigerian woman in Saudi Arabia alongside three others for drug trafficking. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora,  who described the news as pathetic, tragic and sad, added that  most victims are not usually guilty as some airlines have been working with drug syndicates to put such drugs in the bags of unsuspecting passengers. She further disclosed that so far, eight Nigerians have been executed while 20 are on death row in Saudi Arabia.

Abike Dabiri-Erewa who reacted to the execution of the Nigerian woman in Saudi Arabia on behalf of the Federal Government (FG), said;

“We know that drug issues in Saudi Arabia attract death penalty, that will be the eighth Nigerian to be executed for drug in Saudi in the last few years and we have about 20 on death row for drug in that country and about 12 that have been sentenced to various jail terms.

“The issue with drug in Saudi is this, there are cases of syndicates who work with airlines who actually put these drugs in the bags of unsuspecting pilgrims.But we have had cases where truly they did commit the offence; so, we are appealing to the Saudi authorities to make the trial fair, open and ensure that justice is done; even if you are going to die, you die for an offence you have committed.

“I appeal to Nigerians, especially those going to Saudi with stuff; obey the laws of the land; even kola nut is treated as drug; so we continue to appeal to the Saudi authorities to treat some of the cases with some form of leniency."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/02/fg-reacts-to-execution-of-nigerian-woman-in-saudi-arabia/

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by elemike2(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
GANAYAD:
I use to wonder if people pass through stress to obtain Nigeria visa at all

guy no b small stress I pass through before I obtained my own, Na six hours e just take, I collect am go my house
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
They reacted because those executed are Hausa/Fulani.

What about numerous other Criminals in other countries

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
cana882:
Ok..
If I mention one tribe now that's geographically located at the south eastern part of Nigeria, they'll say I'm calling their name.

STOP DISGRACING US INTERNATIONALLY!!!

Tell me if South Easterners are Muslims and how many go to Saudi Arabia

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by goaldynboy: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
cana882:
Ok..
[s]If I mention one tribe now that's geographically located at the south eastern part of Nigeria, they'll say I'm calling their name.

STOP DISGRACING US INTERNATIONALLY[/s]!!!

Mumu!! The woman and others are Afonjah Muslims like you that went to Mecca on a pilgrimage!!
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by nofuckz(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=Excuzeme post=77213030]

Point 1.) Nothing wrong with this "Name and Shame Drug traffickers" statement

Point 2.) There is the possibility that some cases are that of mistaken identity! Are you saying it is not possible for 'syndicates' to plan with corrupt Airline staff to use some people's luggage as "mules" without their knowing it? Are you saying that some cases dont deserve more investigation and even leniency? Are you saying that Saudi Arabia needs to try these accused people in an open Court, instead of using language the accused does not understand or not allowing them to use independent Lawyers?
Silly excuse. probability of this happening is 1/100.
Live in accordance with the law. you can bring down your roof if you so please, when the rains come nobody would concern himself with you burden but just dont try to bring down another mans house to the ground.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Charly68: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Carry drug to Saudi & lose your head without pity ..no story ...As long as they won't hear,they will continue to lose their heads ,unrepentant drug pushers
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by 2metrelaurie(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
cheesy
Yeebows are becoming Alhajis because of drugs.
Nawa ooo. Alhaji AbdulEze Chukwudeen.
Afonjaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by yetunsbay(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
IamBlanco:
imaging the rubbish she's spewing from her mouth. Saudi Arabia no well to execute an American citizen. hell will let loose on them.
why not encourage US citizen to carry drug to Saudi then & let's see

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by yommen: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Omonken:
Words without action

Too much unreasonable youths on nairaland. What action should she take? Go and steal the convicts? The earlier you realise that it is the law of the and no body tampers with it the better for you.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by yetunsbay(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Tell me if South Easterners are Muslims and how many go to Saudi Arabia
Saudi is only neatnt for worship....also is buz
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by yommen: 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=Amuocha post=77212512]Because it involves Y muslims[/quote
Your name betrays you though.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by lilianofentse(f): 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
magicminister:
Other countries fight for their citizens regardless of how heinous the crime may be!

Having said that, I think anyone that trafficks drugs to SA is immensely stupid
why?.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by iswallker(m): 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
The holy land of Saudi Arabia... undecided
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by PeacenLove2: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by BrokenCock: 12:09am On Apr 03, 2019
cana882:
Ok..
If I mention one tribe now that's geographically located at the south eastern part of Nigeria, they'll say I'm calling their name.

if Na Saudi then it's abokin boys nah ,of nah Malaysia or any Asian country then Na Igbos dem but if u find body parts, aborbi that Na western men ...the 4kin coneheads
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Sholaco: 12:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Wow that was a commendable from Saudi government. 3gbosa for Arab law! Let it serves as a deterrent cool
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by mechanics(m): 2:44am On Apr 03, 2019
Omonken:
Words without action
which action do you want them to take, when our people won't obey simple laws in a foreign land.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by dreamwords: 2:55am On Apr 03, 2019
cana882:
Ok..

If you had sense you would know that it's afonja Muslims that embark on such pilgrims with drug's hidden in their bags

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by colestephan86: 6:06am On Apr 03, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Its sad really......fg reaction na still to blame d dead??.......them nor even try extradite them even tho d Saudi pipu fit nor gree..........so sad dat the lives of nigerians mean nothing to the fg
Fg for don kuku keep kwayet
Listen to yourself, Saudi is not a lawless country like here. They have made their point very clear about drug trafficking, you don't have to question the severity of a law if you are law abiding. Come into Saudi with drugs and you will be killed no story
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nature8(m): 6:34am On Apr 03, 2019
OyinO:
Brainless sentimental emotional hediots. They will still go to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and call it Holy Land. Holy land with unholy people slaughtering your people. Foolish and brainwashed Africans.

The thing tire me bro

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 03, 2019
OyinO:
Brainless, sentimental, confused emotional hediots. Yet, as a misled and caged minds, they will still go to Saudi Arabia for Hajj/Pilgrimage and call it Holy Land - The land that drinks the blood of their people. Holy land with unholy and wicked people slaughtering your people. Foolish and brainwashed Africans will suffer for a very long time to come.
U get sense Sha?
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by LZAA: 6:53am On Apr 03, 2019
cana882:
Ok..

Lol
The woman na afonja
Hausas hardly deal and igbos no dy enta saudi grin grin
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by dynamic006(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2019
OyinO:
Brainless sentimental emotional hediots. They will still go to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and call it Holy Land. Holy land with unholy people slaughtering your people. Foolish and brainwashed Africans.
Don't not think every country is Nigeria, whose law is for the poor. most of those country have thier law which are not reversible irrespective of who you are and your nationality. those drug traffickers knew it the crime they pepertrated was a death sentence if caught before committing the crime. respect the law of the land or your host country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by marvin906(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2019
IamBlanco:
imaging the rubbish she's spewing from her mouth. Saudi Arabia no well to execute an American citizen. hell will let loose on them.

I really pity you..
some of you think US is alpha and Omega..
when north Korea was Using US citizens to do experiments what did they do..
let a US citizen break Saudi drug law he will be killed too and the US won't do squat

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by RichBoy247: 8:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Omonken:
Words without action

Government cannot take any action in support of your drug pushing brothers. The wages of Sin is Death. Tell your brothers to stop pushing drugs.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by nogragra: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2019
chimjoshjuan:
The Federal Government, FG, has reacted to the execution of a Nigerian woman in Saudi Arabia alongside three others for drug trafficking. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora,  who described the news as pathetic, tragic and sad, added that  most victims are not usually guilty as some airlines have been working with drug syndicates to put such drugs in the bags of unsuspecting passengers. She further disclosed that so far, eight Nigerians have been executed while 20 are on death row in Saudi Arabia.

Abike Dabiri-Erewa who reacted to the execution of the Nigerian woman in Saudi Arabia on behalf of the Federal Government (FG), said;

“We know that drug issues in Saudi Arabia attract death penalty, that will be the eighth Nigerian to be executed for drug in Saudi in the last few years and we have about 20 on death row for drug in that country and about 12 that have been sentenced to various jail terms.

“The issue with drug in Saudi is this, there are cases of syndicates who work with airlines who actually put these drugs in the bags of unsuspecting pilgrims.But we have had cases where truly they did commit the offence; so, we are appealing to the Saudi authorities to make the trial fair, open and ensure that justice is done; even if you are going to die, you die for an offence you have committed.

“I appeal to Nigerians, especially those going to Saudi with stuff; obey the laws of the land; even kola nut is treated as drug; so we continue to appeal to the Saudi authorities to treat some of the cases with some form of leniency."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/02/fg-reacts-to-execution-of-nigerian-woman-in-saudi-arabia/

That is the religion some followers are ready to kill fellow human beings for. This so called religion of peace that is built on lies and adulterous human sacrifices which are hidden as mere drug offences...etc. A figment for those who follow the religion blindly until they find themselves in irreversible darkness of the abyss when they die without Christ which is what the religion wants all over the world.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2019
God forsake country. They killed a pressman in another man’s country the world couldn’t do anything about it.
Re: FG Reacts To Execution Of Nigerians Over Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2019
EdiAbali:
Saudi Arabia will apply sharia law on them.

Afonjas disgracing and tarnishing Nigerians image since 1914.
Say no to drug trafficking

See this yam leg being

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Tries To Plant Weed In A Car In Port-Harcourt. Gets Caught. Photos / Fulani Herdsmen Attack, Rob Passengers On Benin-lagos Expressway (VIDEO) / Civil Defence Officer Shoots Police Sergeant, Kills Driver In Jigawa (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.