Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! (38709 Views)

Mai Tangale, Buba Maisharu, Is Dead / Emir Buba Maisheru Is Dead / Prince Gbadegesin Ogunoye, Olowo Of Owo - Elect Bows Out Of Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Sonnobax15(m): 7:59am On Apr 03, 2019
Check out,he was bowinq b4 d money d qovernor has and not b4 d qovernor himself....when money moves mountains,money commands..

2 Likes

Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by blackboy(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2019
People making noise are behaving as if they are not Nigerians. We saw what happened in Oyo State btw the gov and the traditional rulers. Go to Lagos , even the Oba of Lagos is a politucian.He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Nigerian traditional rulers are puppets. I dont blame the man.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by nobsalis: 8:02am On Apr 03, 2019
Bet9ja8831:
[color=#000000][/color]See below

So na from bet u get all dis money?

Yeye dey smell
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by victor8269: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
undecided undecided

One of the reasons I respect the Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo. Anyways King pass king.
I was waiting for you to mistakenly call the Ooni of Ife
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by kuuljay(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2019
Governor is the representative and head of the entire plateau state.he is note powerful than anyone in that state and can depose the king so what is wrong in the king bowing to whoever the good people of the state elected to serve them. O feel its the political losers in the state that are making an issue out of this

2 Likes

Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Jujer72: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2019
[
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by 9jaRealist: 8:16am On Apr 03, 2019
He knows who pays his bills... grin
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by pawesome(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2019
That's why the Beroms are becoming totally useless till date..
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by 9jaRealist: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2019
kuuljay:
Governor is the representative and head of the entire plateau state.he is note powerful than anyone in that state and can depose the king so what is wrong in the king bowing to whoever the good people of the state elected to serve them. O feel its the political losers in the state that are making an issue out of this

The Governor is a Public SERVANT!
Sadly, in Nigeria people who are elected to SERVE assume demigod status. SMH
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Ttipsy(f): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2019
I see nothing here
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by kuuljay(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2019
9jaRealist:

The Governor is a Public SERVANT!
Only in Nigeria are people elected to SERVE treated like demigods.
is the king not a public servant too? Somebody who pays your salary and has the power to sack you is your boss no matter how you color it
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by quincyshakur(m): 8:28am On Apr 03, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Y him no go bow...wen 1st class turn money an power for Nigeria Bleep First class, Bleep second Class infat Bleep Education angry angry angry Mak money or die trying sad sad
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by emkz: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2019
Does the governor not have media aides? Even though the king goofed, would it not have been better for his media aides to censor the publication of the picture?

Second point, it does not matter the position you are in as a public official. Common sense dictates you stand up for a handshake when you receive visitors and not sit down like an imperialist. President Buhari mostly stands up to shake the hand of his visitors. Simon Lalong, dont ruin your political career. There is life after governorship.

Kings and governors need to be schooled on etiquette, especially in public.

Finally, left to me, Kings should run the governments at local levels in Nigeria. They are closer to the people and are respected listen to by the people.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by yuanexchanger: 8:34am On Apr 03, 2019
There is definitely difference between power and money
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by RichBoy247: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
First class king wey no know sey him be king .

Shameful

Kings are under the Local Government Chairmen. Go find out. There is nothing like Kingship anymore in Nigeria. These ones are just ceremonial heads.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by 9jaRealist: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2019
kuuljay:
is the king not a public servant too? Somebody who pays your salary and has the power to sack you is your boss no matter how you color it

Nope! The king is a monarch (ie, a sovereign entity)...

However, I agree with SOME (not all) of the second part of your post (and said so in one of my posts above). Sadly, that’s the misguided position that we have collectively placed ourselves because while personally I do not care all of these traditional rulers springing up in every nook and cranny of our nation (the very concept of these traditional monarchies being inimical to democratic ethos and an egalitarian society), I nonetheless believe that communities that desire to retain these institutions as a harbinger (and as promoters/custodians) of our indigenous cultures and traditions should contribute and pay for it themselves without any reliance/demand on the public (government) treasury.

Having said however, the Governor is not paying the king’s salaries from his own personal purse. Rather, he is paying him from the state’s (government) treasury on behalf of the state and as a trustee of state funds. Accordingly, he is NOT the personal “boss” of the traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2019
victor8269:
I was waiting for you to mistakenly call the Ooni of Ife
lool Thank God I didn't call him. That one na flexing king na.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Neoteny(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2019
Of what use are these kings and emirs and obas and igwes?

They're just another useless institution used as a conduit to feed fat off the nation.

A long time ago their word was more powerful than a governor's, but now they're ancient relics reflective of a long-gone era, men muffled by their impotence. The majesty has since crumbled to dust, therefore a symbolic husk bowing fealty to his benefactor is in the course of ordinary events.

Incidentally, why are women excluded from this royalty? I thought some people said we like in progressive times.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by uuzba(m): 9:06am On Apr 03, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
First class king wey no know sey him be king .

Shameful
We can't be doing democracy with president etc and autocracy with King/Queen at the same be time.
The people cannot serve 2 masters.
-
You might think we should us UK as example. They have only one King/Queen/tribe/Kingdom and everybody is under that, including their money.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by uuzba(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2019
Neoteny:
Of what use are these kings and emirs and obas and igwes?

They're just another useless institution used as a conduit to feed fat off the nation.

A long time ago their word was more powerful than a governor's, but now they're ancient relics reflective of a long-gone era, men muffled by their impotence. The majesty has since crumbled to dust, therefore a symbolic husk bowing fealty to his benefactor is in the course of ordinary events.

Incidentally, why are women excluded from this royalty? I thought some people said we like in progressive times.

The thing tire me. Royalty that does not have army/soldiers... No royal police, no currency for its citizens to use. They all depend on the Nigerian nation to have a currency to spend (Naira) to buy food to eat. Kingdom that is not self sufficient, depending on Nigeria to share crude oil money before they eat.
If buhari doesn't give them, what can they do? Not to bow down and beg?
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Awaja(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2019
Ass lickers head boy
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Is it your bow? People are too quick to get outraged these days. Before you react, stop and think first
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Neoteny(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2019
uuzba:

The thing tire me. Royalty that does not have army/soldiers... No royal police, no currency for its citizens to use. They all depend on the Nigerian nation to have a currency to spend (Naira) to buy food to eat. Kingdom that is not self sufficient, depending on Nigeria to share crude oil money before they eat.
If buhari doesn't give them what can they do? Not to bow down and beg?

They're just another unnecessary bag of irritants who dress like clowns in stifling heat and carry on with the pomp and air of someone important when they're mere state government employees on a fixed salary.

Real monarchs are the ones in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Brunei... people who will flowers out of deserts.
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Moventist: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2019
So shameless the Whole Gbong Gwom Jos and Head of Plateau state traditional council.!! This has never happened in our history before
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by MrBONE2(m): 9:48am On Apr 03, 2019
Olanipekun1:
there's nothing like Kings in Nigeria
what we have are glorified permanent mayors loyal to government
so you guys should stop deceiving yourself about these rubbish call Kings
you see Britain?
that's what we call monarchy grin

But KiVuKi Land and other African areas have Kings grin

1 Like

Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2019
There is nothing wrong here, its a matter of perception

There's humility in royalty
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2019
falcon01:
As a king, I most certainly Will not Bow Down to k ow Governor!

This is one of the problemes of Nigeria, its either we do Monarchy or Democracy but we combined different bunch of nonsense we even have places practicing sharia how do you expect a place like this to Develop? A place that has too much hate and Tribal Bigotry! A lot of cultures and yet its people cannot put their differences Aside to work it out.. Look at america filled with immigrants from different parts of the world Black, British, Latino,Asian,E.t.c but the founding fathers put that aside and Made A Great Nation.
The great USA u talked about has different laws for different States

Our problem here is our inability to tolerate and appreciate our differences as a result of bigotry and other reasons
Re: Victor Gyang Buba Bows For Governor Lalong! Gbong Gwom Jos Blasted! by Rayd502(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2019
He has been a Comptroller General of Custom service so he should know better that a uniformed man even a retired one at that do not bow for no one,in line with paramilitary ethics.

It is an anormally for him to be seen bowing for a Governor whose relevance ends in 4 years.While he as a traditional ruler remains the leader and the custodian of the berom people until his death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... / Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.