Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening (2043 Views)

My Testimony: What GOD Cannot Do, Does Not Exist / Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Is Real Spiritual Awakening Occult Related? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2019
My Testimony: Letter Kills, Without The Holy Spirit
=========================================
God is a God of 360°.
I am humbled to know that everything I now preach and strongly believe today, was everything that drove me away from this same Christianity, but as a Religion.

I can't thank God enough, for Only He is worthy to be praised. That I could be saved gives me hope that Salvation is for everyone. All one needs is Humility, Repentance and the Pursuit of Truth and Righteousness.
And you will find Christ.

I wrote this article about 3 years ago, pardon the sarcastic tone of the article, I had drifted and become an unbeliever- a Free-thinker, shuffling between Apostasy and Atheism.
==========================================
Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion

Every religion is shrouded in mysteries and sacred doctrines but Christianity has to be the most controversial and self contradicting religion. Wait, let me finish, I will highlight my points carefully.

1. To begin with, Christians will tell you it's not a religion but a way of life. (Really?) What then is the definition of religion?

Religion:
(Roman Catholic Church) chiefly RC Church- THE WAY OF LIFE determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns:

2. Only Christians believe in Trinity. God, the Creator sacrificing Himself in his Human form to be tortured and murdered by his own Creation in order to save them. (No, you didn't read that wrong, it's as absurd as it sounds.)

3. Christianity emanated when the Jews failed to accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as the glorious Messiah they had been promised.
Odd then that Christians have failed to accept any of all the other religious movements that have sprouted even though Christians are also anticipating the Second Coming of the Messiah. (The wait is over 2000 years now and still counting, but that's another argument all together)

4. Only in Christianity do we have a Virgin defying all Science and Biology and giving Birth without any form of insemination, even though she was very much engaged and betrothed. (Yea right)

5. The most absurd of all these isn't any of the several miracles that have yet to be replicated in our present times (maybe cos our generation is just too immoral that God has decided to stop performing miracles all together) such as turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead, etc.

6. The most absurd and completely condescending and self righteous atrocity committed by Christians is their emphasis of John 14.6
How can you preach religious tolerance when you expect to annihilate every other religion except yours? Is that not Monopolizing the religious industry?

Ask any devout Christian, and they'll tell you ever so confidently that as long as you're not a Christian, woe betides you, cos you're going to Hell. (Really?)

So no matter how pious and humanitarian and perfect you are at whatever religion you've adopted, as long as you're not a christian, what a weist!

I am no atheist I believe in God, a Super Creator, Super Power, The Source.
What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God.
But the efficacy of Religion cannot be denied. Without it, there would have been chaos all over the world.

However back to the matter, Christian Patriarchs either need to address these issues and redress them accordingly or risk losing their grip on enlightened youths of our day. I know some will still say you can't use human intelligence to interpret or discern things of the spirit, trust me I've heard it all.
===========================================
For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3:6c
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

Today, I know better. I thought I had heard it all but without the Holy Spirit, I was dead. My knowledge made me proud, made me blasphemous, made me comfortable in sin and made me run away from my Salvation.

Christianity can be practised as a Religion or as The Way Of Faith. Your Choice.
If you find Christianity burdensome, please be humble to know that you just might be practising religion. Seek to follow Christ and learn at His feet. Seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all will be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2019
pressplay411:
My Testimony: Letter Kills, Without The Holy Spirit
=========================================
God is a God of 360°.
I am humbled to know that everything I now preach and strongly believe today, was everything that drove me away from this same Christianity, but as a Religion.

I can't thank God enough, for Only He is worthy to be praised. That I could be saved gives me hope that Salvation is for everyone. All one needs is Humility, Repentance and the Pursuit of Truth and Righteousness.
And you will find Christ.

I wrote this article about 3 years ago, pardon the sarcastic tone of the article, I had drifted and become an unbeliever- a Free-thinker, shuffling between Apostasy and Atheism.
==========================================
Christianity; The Most Self Contradicting Religion

Every religion is shrouded in mysteries and sacred doctrines but Christianity has to be the most controversial and self contradicting religion. Wait, let me finish, I will highlight my points carefully.

1. To begin with, Christians will tell you it's not a religion but a way of life. (Really?) What then is the definition of religion?

Religion:
(Roman Catholic Church) chiefly RC Church- THE WAY OF LIFE determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns:

2. Only Christians believe in Trinity. God, the Creator sacrificing Himself in his Human form to be tortured and murdered by his own Creation in order to save them. (No, you didn't read that wrong, it's as absurd as it sounds.)

3. Christianity emanated when the Jews failed to accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as the glorious Messiah they had been promised.
Odd then that Christians have failed to accept any of all the other religious movements that have sprouted even though Christians are also anticipating the Second Coming of the Messiah. (The wait is over 2000 years now and still counting, but that's another argument all together)

4. Only in Christianity do we have a Virgin defying all Science and Biology and giving Birth without any form of insemination, even though she was very much engaged and betrothed. (Yea right)

5. The most absurd of all these isn't any of the several miracles that have yet to be replicated in our present times (maybe cos our generation is just too immoral that God has decided to stop performing miracles all together) such as turning water to wine, feeding a multitude with few loaves and fish, or walking on water or raising the dead, etc.

6. The most absurd and completely condescending and self righteous atrocity committed by Christians is their emphasis of John 14.6
How can you preach religious tolerance when you expect to annihilate every other religion except yours? Is that not Monopolizing the religious industry?

Ask any devout Christian, and they'll tell you ever so confidently that as long as you're not a Christian, woe betides you, cos you're going to Hell. (Really?)

So no matter how pious and humanitarian and perfect you are at whatever religion you've adopted, as long as you're not a christian, what a weist!

I am no atheist I believe in God, a Super Creator, Super Power, The Source.
What I do not believe however is Religion. I don't believe there is a particular religion ordained and endorsed by God.
But the efficacy of Religion cannot be denied. Without it, there would have been chaos all over the world.

However back to the matter, Christian Patriarchs either need to address these issues and redress them accordingly or risk losing their grip on enlightened youths of our day. I know some will still say you can't use human intelligence to interpret or discern things of the spirit, trust me I've heard it all.
===========================================
Today, I know better. I thought I had heard it all but without the Holy Spirit, I was dead. My knowledge made me proud, made me blasphemous, made me comfortable in sin and made me run away from my Salvation.

Christianity can be practised as a Religion or as The Way Of Faith. Your Choice.
If you find Christianity burdensome, please be humble to know that you just might be practising religion. Seek to follow Christ and learn at His feet. Seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all will be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29
Lovely!

No wonder!

This is so amazing!

Thanks for sharing your remarkable story with us, God bless you greatly.

Whatever we call what we're doing in the name of God, we really need to add some Spirit to it, otherwise we would be chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
The kind of testimony I love to hear.
The Lord God Almighty that has called you to salvation will keep you blameless by the help and comfort of the Holy Spirit even unto the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by shadeyinka(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
pressplay411:
My Testimony:

May the good Lord hold you high in him in Jesus mighty name.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lovely!

No wonder!

This is so amazing!

Thanks for sharing your remarkable story with us, God bless you greatly.

Whatever we call what we're doing in the name of God, we really need to add some Spirit to it, otherwise we would be chasing shadows.

Yes sir.
More Grace and Mercy to us all.
I look forward to you sharing your testimony with us some day soon.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
Agrogbeide:
The kind of testimony I love to hear.
The Lord God Almighty that has called you to salvation will keep you blameless by the help and comfort of the Holy Spirit even unto the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
God bless you.

Amen and Amen.
Thank you sir.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
pressplay411:

Yes sir.
I look forward to you sharing your testimony with us some day soon.
Amen!

It's good to know that you look forward to my testimony in that respect, though, I don't just have one but two.

But while the first paved the way for the second, It seems to have been completely overshadowed by the second, as my second testimony is the best thing that ever happened to me, and the most transforming experience I had ever had in my life.

For while I was thinking It couldn't possibly get any better than the first, as the level of my love and hunger for God even at the first level was already something else, God let me know that that was not even good enough for the level He intended for me, as it required a level even much better than that, which was the Kingdom of God, where it was all about God.

And it was just via a message conveyed in a song, that God gave to me while I was in the bathroom, but the distinctive difference that single moment has made in my life, I cannot possibly quantify it, for it makes me speechless and want to shout at the same time.

Therefore it's my favorite testimony of the two, and I have been sharing via my threads and posts on Nairaland, and even the message of Christ which I bear testifies of that very testimony.

For my testimony is that "it's all about God!"

God be with you!

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
Well said.
The testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.
However, it encourages unbelievers and strengthens the faith of other believers hearing and seeing our personal transformations before and after we encountered Christ.
More Grace to us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
At which point did you consider atheism?

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordReed:
At which point did you consider atheism?

When it seemed God had failed me. It seemingly dawned on me that religion was a hoax. I thought I had my proofs too.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
pressplay411:

When it seemed God had failed me. It seemingly dawned on me that religion was a hoax. I thought I had my proofs too.

What did you have as proof?
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordReed:

What did you have as proof?

Lol. Same things atheists hold as proofs. Basically the Intangibility of Faith in God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2019
pressplay411:

Lol. Same things atheists hold as proofs. Basically the Intangibility of Faith in God.
Perfect put!

You should write a book on how to outsmart an atheist who thinks he's smart, Lol!

They forgot that you had been a player in their game, so should know their tactics inside out.

Maybe you should already provide the answer to his next question even before he asks, to show that you now have something much better than whatever they have, that made you abandon that which they have for this which you now have.

Thank you for giving God's Spirit the opportunity to showcase show the extent of His capacity through you.

God be with us.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2019
pressplay411:

I believe same reason holds for most of those who had abandon their faith in God for atheism.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 06, 2019
pressplay411:
Well said.
The testimony of Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.
However, it encourages unbelievers and strengthens the faith of other believers hearing and seeing our personal transformations before and after we encountered Christ.
More Grace to us all.
You have a point bro.

For though I share my testimony via my numerous threads and posts, I think it could also be a blessing if I specifically devote at least a thread for that purpose.

Hence thanks to you, i already two threads lined up, each one to cover for each of my two testimonies.

So thank you in advance for that.

God be with us.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:32am On Apr 06, 2019
pressplay411:

What does "intangibility of faith in god" mean?
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 5:41am On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

What does "intangibility of faith in god" mean?
Means, it can't be explained by sensual empirical evidence. it can only be experienced. Although you could Perceive it but still attribute it to anything else.

It is difficult and nearly impossible to prove to an atheist that there's God or try to explain what Faith in God is
Why?

An atheist simply wants to prove that there's no God, so all he will See is why there can't be God and he'll have reasons why there's no God. You can only see what you're looking for, especially when that's really all you want to see.
It's like telling someone who is blindly in love that his or her partner doesn't love them.
You will be shocked that all the reasons you're giving to prove that the love doesnt exist are the same reasons they believe they are loved.

It is both ways. The person blindly in love can be either the atheist or the theist. In fact, it is anyone who is blinded by any idea/concept.

It is like when you're searching for a person on a red shirt, everyone on red becomes obvious to you.

It is like when you wear black, you're not really bothered about where you sit or who you hug. But when you're on white, you pay careful attention. Everything and everyone is a potential threat to your cloth. You have a heightened sense of everyone and everything around you.
Perception is a very tricky phenomenon.
I hope this helps.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you become an atheist?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2019
pressplay411:

Means, it can't be explained by sensual empirical evidence. it can only be experienced. Although you could Perceive it but still attribute it to anything else.

It is difficult and nearly impossible to prove to an atheist that there's God or try to explain what Faith in God is
Why?

An atheist simply wants to prove that there's no God, so all he will See is why there can't be God and he'll have reasons why there's no God. You can only see what you're looking for, especially when that's really all you want to see.
It's like telling someone who is blindly in love that his or her partner doesn't love them.
You will be shocked that all the reasons you're giving to prove that the love doesnt exist are the same reasons they believe they are loved.

It is both ways. The person blindly in love can be either the atheist or the theist. In fact, it is anyone who is blinded by any idea/concept.

It is like when you're searching for a person on a red shirt, everyone on red becomes obvious to you.

It is like when you wear black, you're not really bothered about where you sit or who you hug. But when you're on white, you pay careful attention. Everything and everyone is a potential threat to your cloth. You have a heightened sense of everyone and everything around you.
Perception is a very tricky phenomenon.
I hope this helps.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you become an atheist?

I became an atheist because I woke up to the fact that there was no good reason to believe or think that any of the things we attribute to a god or to spirits are indeed so. Just like you are describing here, all of it is subjective experiences we have decided that since we can't explain it, it must be the god or spirits.

However when you look at human history, you find that as knowledge grows, gods and spirits retreat. There was a time when mami water and Sango were the kings of our imaginations, now they are mere fairytales. The god of Christianity and the one of Islam are no different, there is no water to wine transmutations, no multiplying of bread and fish, no horse rides to space; all of that jazz remains solely in the books, just like any old fairytale.

What now is are the very things that happen to humans all the time, some of it still not explained so those are what people call miracles and the acts of god. A tornado goes and devastates a town and even though we know how tornadoes form, we have no reason so people give agency and say it is a punishment from the god for homosexuality, conveniently forgetting that the tornado did not only destroy the homosexual's house, it also destroyed the faithful believer's house as well. Or is it when there is a remission of an illness or disease with or without any medical aid and people give agency to the god, forgetting the very same thing happens to people who do not believe in a god.

Many of these things have no rhyme or reason, just the cold hard universe spinning away without a single regard for the thinking ape-like creature on a tiny blue ball. Very daunting to think about so we seek comfort in a watching great spirit that is looking out for us even when there is no evidence such a thing exists much less cares about us.

I want to embrace the reality that is the uncaring universe in which I live in and learn to live in it without resorting to fantasy to aid my passagage through it. I think life, love and fun can be had without such fantasy and still be worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

I became an atheist because I woke up to the fact that there was no good reason to believe or think that any of the things we attribute to a god or to spirits are indeed so. Just like you are describing here, all of it is subjective experiences we have decided that since we can't explain it, it must be the god or spirits.

However when you look at human history, you find that as knowledge grows, gods and spirits retreat. There was a time when mami water and Sango were the kings of our imaginations, now they are mere fairytales. The god of Christianity and the one of Islam are no different, there is no water to wine transmutations, no multiplying of bread and fish, no horse rides to space; all of that jazz remains solely in the books, just like any old fairytale.

What now is are the very things that happen to humans all the time, some of it still not explained so those are what people call miracles and the acts of god. A tornado goes and devastates a town and even though we know how tornadoes form, we have no reason so people give agency and say it is a punishment from the god for homosexuality, conveniently forgetting that the tornado did not only destroy the homosexual's house, it also destroyed the faithful believer's house as well. Or is it when there is a remission of an illness or disease with or without any medical aid and people give agency to the god, forgetting the very same thing happens to people who do not believe in a god.

Many of these things have no rhyme or reason, just the cold hard universe spinning away without a single regard for the thinking ape-like creature on a tiny blue ball. Very daunting to think about so we seek comfort in a watching great spirit that is looking out for us even when there is no evidence such a thing exists much less cares about us.

I want to embrace the reality that is the uncaring universe in which I live in and learn to live in it without resorting to fantasy to aid my passagage through it. I think life, love and fun can be had without such fantasy and still be worthwhile.

Interesting. You woke up to the consciousness of self without God. To an extent, I think I know what you mean.

Were you born into a Christian home? If Yes, do you sometimes, miss being a believer?
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
pressplay411:

Interesting. You woke up to the consciousness of self without God. To an extent, I think I know what you mean.

Were you born into a Christian home? If Yes, do you sometimes, miss being a believer?

When I was born my mother was Catholic and my father was a Rosicrucian. Several years later I became born again, then my mum and my dad a few years later.

I don't miss being a believer and I wish I could take back all the years I believed. IMO those years were wasted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by budaatum: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

I don't miss being a believer and I wish I could take back all the years I believed. IMO those years were wasted.
Serves you right for believing, my Lord, instead of understanding. A Lewis too?! Double serves you right in fact!

Pressplay411, please explain the "Letter Kills, Without The Holy Spirit", to my Lord and perhaps my Lord will see the Light and stop wasting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Oem18(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

When I was born my mother was Catholic and my father was a Rosicrucian. Several years later I became born again, then my mum and my dad a few years later.

What exactly do you not understand about Christianity.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Funaki: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

I feel exactly the same. Especially the university days, being a fervent brother in the fellowship and attending almost every fellowship service. What a waste, I could've done better things with those wasted time

1 Like

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Funaki:
I feel exactly the same. Especially the university days, being a fervent brother in the fellowship and attending almost every fellowship service. What a waste, I could've done better things with those wasted time

Exactly. I was fellowship exco in both my secondary and university days. Monumental waste.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Oem18:

What exactly do you not understand about Christianity.

Its not about what I don't understand, its about what I do understand that makes it so obviously contrived.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
budaatum:

Serves you right for believing, my Lord, instead of understanding. A Lewis too?! Double serves you right in fact!

Pressplay411, please explain the "Letter Kills, Without The Holy Spirit", to my Lord and perhaps my Lord will see the Light and stop wasting.

Yes buda silly lil me. LMAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by budaatum: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

Its not about what I don't understand, its about what I do understand that makes it so obviously contrived.
Really, lol.

budaatum:
I ensure my head does not get so big that I begin to stupidly think the subjective opinions I have in my head are objective facts.... .
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by Oem18(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

Please Enlighten me
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by LordReed(m): 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Oem18:

Please Enlighten me

It starts with the necessity for a god. A god is as useful as a pair of lucky socks that is to say it provides comfort in your mind but in practice does absolutely nothing. Anything a christian or any religious person claims to have received due to the actions of a god, some who doesn't believe what they believe has also received so where is the difference?

Next is the provenance of the so-called holy scripture. A god actually wrote none of them instead men penned them and claim it is god inspired, yet none of them have any insight that men of their time didn't know and in fact still contain some ignorance of that time.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by TVSA: 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
LordReed:

It starts with the necessity for a god. A god is as useful as a pair of lucky socks that is to say it provides comfort in your mind but in practice does absolutely nothing. Anything a christian or any religious person claims to have received due to the actions of a god, some who doesn't believe what they believe has also received so where is the difference?

Next is the provenance of the so-called holy scripture. A god actually wrote none of them instead men penned them and claim it is god inspired, yet none of them have any insight that men of their time didn't know and in fact still contain some ignorance of that time.

This makes me remember when people were praying with foreign flags so that god can grant them visa. Some Christian beliefs are very funny grin grin
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 5:11am On Apr 08, 2019
LordReed:

I apologise for the distractions. Seems you have made quite some enemies on here. Hopefully, we'll get to talk better via another platform.
Re: My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening by pressplay411(m): 5:12am On Apr 08, 2019
budaatum:

This really wasn't necessary sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Close Down Church After Winning Million In Sport Betting. / Who Is Allah ? - This Will Shock You ! / Jesus Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.