Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) (61420 Views)

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by sykeng(m): 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Giant of Africa. SMH
Its in Every institution in Niggeria. I remember my days in Uni when we learnt how to keep shít inside for days till you could access a proper toilet. Fortunatelty my aunt's house was close.
Delsu is not like that, I praise them for that.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Denko2721987(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
Pls how can i unsee what i just saw Pls..
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Adolfdassler11(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
I think they should contribute and pay the cleaners.
That's how we use to cope back then in my school days.

But they will not agree with me, everything is govt, Buhari, VC etc.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by laosy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chaii, those in that hostel are obun!!!
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by BigIyanga: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
Odogu9195:

No point in cursing fam. Quick question how consistent is the payment of the cleaners? And As the cleaners didn’t do the cleaning, what happens?? Keep living like this? Smh. Who is gonna probably catch an infection or something? Students or cleaners?? And FYI I attended a university lol
You attended a uni, but did u clean up?

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by AnthonyAk(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
i didnt know people squat on top of the toilet till i did nysc and some one did and the toilet broke. Nah so toilet dey for secondary school na
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Trump was right afterall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by IamPlato(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danrizzle:
Present state of GH hostel toilets. Who would believe these facilities are still in use.
na Shit Stain Every Where Like This?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by IamPlato(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danrizzle:
More
Jesus! So Donald Trump Was A Prophet sad

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Kpene(m): 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
I used to stay for two weeks without shitting then in KSU hostel....

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Siscooh: 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2019
Odogu9195:
Here is something I don’t understand. Why can’t those students take a day and really clean the toilet?? So those yeye student expect school to come clean toilet for them? Smh lazy and dirty youth. Just 1k is enough. Everyone in the building contribute. Was this toilet like when it was opened?? Sometimes I think we deserve the kinda politicians and so called leaders we have. Looking at this, some stupid students they even poo for toilet ground.
Big disgrace O!!! In 2019? Omg!

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by sonature1: 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
BananaTree:

You're a mumu. I really don't think you ever attended a university. If you did, please tell me tales of how you and your colleagues took a day to clean the toilets cleaners are being paid to do.

People with your kind of mindset is the reason why things don't work in Nigeria.

When u finish from the university, the next thing is to leave the country to hustle abroad. But you don't understand what sacrifices mean.

You don't know that in the country you wish to run to, lots of them made sacrifices to make their country great. Some even had to die for their country.

But when someone is asked to make a little sacrifice for Nigeria, they start whipping up logic. Let's face it, we don’t like this country no matter how much we pretend.

I always tell people that Nigeria can never get better than it is today because here is home to some of the most horrible human beings who ever walk the surface of the earth.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Siscooh: 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Pls op u could have added view discretion.....
NB... Remind me of my first jamb in enugu, slept at unec male hostel d tales den wasn't encouraging, na run I use go back after my paper, very nasty place to stay in, the bathroom floor always littered with urine
Can't believe this.. And the dress up to school
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Abagworo(m): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2019
Dirty students.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Siscooh: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
restored2016:
you mean this is a female hostel, so ladies can not come and clean there own toliets, how will they clean there husbands toliet... so bad!
Their own bodies?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Bossjakande: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

This was the exact situation that happened with my younger sis. One picture and it was a done deal. Folks had to get her an accommodation off campus ASAP!

But I feel for the students who are still stuck there. Accomodation in Enugu is a bit on the high side.
but dey are cultist outside wen am about to do masters I stay in hostel
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by nextstep(m): 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
Danrizzle:
The cleaners have deserted their jobs due to a backlog of unpaid arrears. Students are now left with the options of hiring cleaners with their own money, or cleaning the place themselves.

I'm going to rant a bit here:

If I was a professor at that university, I would be very angry at the students, and would give them quite the speech. angry

What is wrong with students these days that they can't organize themselves to clean up the bathrooms that they use? Aren't they old enough?
We can't always ask people to do things for us, and if you see something wrong, organize and get to work. How much is bleach? How much is brush and a few mops? But they have money to go and flex, or to buy weave, or for data.

Did you know that in Japan... the students at all levels clean their classrooms, halls, toilets, and are wholly responsible for keeping their surroundings neat? Students as young as 8 self-organize and give each other cleaning responsibilities without any input from teachers or staff. This is in a very wealthy country that can afford all kinds of cleaners. Look it up.

The attitude of younger Nigerians really tire me sometimes; sure there are genuine hard workers out there, but some youths really are lazy, and expect everything to be done for them: parents pay fees, staff clean for them, professors should just pass them, and after graduation, they just want somebody to hand them a job... all without any effort or initiative. Some schools here in Naija also do it, so there's really no excuse.

Instead of posting pictures of yet another hostel bathroom... OP (or whoever took the pictures) and your cohorts... clean the fscking place up. You're not 5 year-olds.

And that reminds me... I've been trying to get people (especially the youths) in my area to stop littering. They complain about all the trash and how it's blocking drainage, yet they are the first to drop sachet like a bird dropping sh!t.

And look at this gem from BananaTree, typically self-absorbed and missing the point:
BananaTree:

You're a mumu. I really don't think you ever attended a university. If you did, please tell me tales of how you and your colleagues took a day to clean the toilets cleaners are being paid to do.

Because Odogu9195 suggested students take responsibility.
Odogu9195:
Here is something I don’t understand. Why can’t those students take a day and really clean the toilet?? So those yeye student expect school to come clean toilet for them? Smh lazy and dirty youth. Just 1k is enough. Everyone in the building contribute. Was this toilet like when it was opened?? Sometimes I think we deserve the kinda politicians and so called leaders we have. Looking at this, some stupid students they even poo for toilet ground.

I tire.

Youths deserve the country they get, and if our youths in university do not give a damn about their own toilets, what can one expect when they get into positions of power? Oh, that's right, they don't even care about building or making sacrifices... it's just "what can you do for me", and then abusing someone if they don't get their way.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
School Na Scam
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Brandonx(m): 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
This just ruined My night. . Someone would actually sit on that?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by contigiency(m): 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
I can confirm this news. It has always been like this years back during my undergradute days. It's a pity nothing has changed. My annoyance is that the people given this school to manage will still turn back and blame the president for all the wrongs in the country including education issues. But look the small place they are asked to manage, just to clean and supervise it, is a big deal.

11 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Effico5real(m): 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2019
BananaTree:

I stayed in Nelson Mandela hostel in uniport. Every Saturday morning we do compulsory washing of the bathroom and toilet also brush the ground shiny. So no excuse from the students here bro. Dirty pigs

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
Disgusting, filthy and downright nasty.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by salford1: 11:41pm On Apr 03, 2019
Even animals are not this dirty.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by BigIyanga: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
Odogu9195:
How many times did u clean up? How many times did ur relatives in uni clean up? How many times have cleaned pure water bags, cans, plastic bags from ur neighborhood? Naija is filled with dirty and uncaring peeps. If u take an intl flight filled with 95% Nigerians from LOS-EU/N-America..restrooms will be messed up in less than 3hrs..

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Sluvist(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
BananaTree:

You are not even ashamed of your mouth, so you expect a cleaner to come and wash your shit everyday, please go and buy sense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by dominique(f): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
To the people saying the students should have cleaned the toilet. What exactly is the role of the hostel management if the students are the ones to clean hostel toilets? If the hostel fees paid is not enough to pay the staff, the management should increase it or shut down the hostel once and for all. Those students that used the toilet in that shape are filthy and disgusting tueh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by BiafraIsFree: 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nigeria is a zoo and Shithole republic led by terrorist.

This Nigeria conspiracy against infrastructures in Biafraland, but some idiots are still supporting this useless thing called Nigeria.
Where is the minister of this zoo education
The name "Nigeria" is a demonic system.
That is the real image of Nigeria.
Supporters of Nigeria are fools.

Nigerian students are cowards in still paying school fee to Nigeria government. After the nonsense graduations some students will contacts infections some get kill by Nigeria government terrorist in security units.

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Yesboss13: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2019
UNN is in a laughable condition
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 04, 2019
I am going to say something unpopular here...

The truth is, this is what we get for the amount we pay in fees for university.

I have relations who schooled abroad. Fees were starting at $20000 per session. Of course, the hostel toilet was super clean because cleaners now have access to cleaning materials, and machines to make their job easier. If the toilet breaks, it can be fixed. Las las, salaries are adequate.

In Nigeria, we pay fees less than $500 per session and expect facilities of $50000. Imposicant. The truth is, money is needed to make school toilets and other facilities in tip top condition.No money, things deteriorate fast.

Nigerian cleaners get paid poor salaries, and you expect them to be happy.

And to be honest, students are dirty. Yes, I recall my student days, we made a mess, and somehow expected those poor cleaners, armed with a broom, to clean up after us. OOOkay....

The truth is, even in America, students clean their toilet facilities in their rooms. It is only in Nigeria that we expect our slaves to do it for us.

Truth be told, the problem with Nigerians is Nigerians. We expect to pay N10 for something that costs N1000000. And we won't take action to change things at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 04, 2019
dominique:
To the people saying the students should have cleaned the toilet. What exactly is the role of the hostel management if the students are the ones to clean hostel toilets? If the hostel fees paid is not enough to pay the staff, the management should increase it or shut down the hostel once and for all. Those students that used the toilet in that shape are filthy and disgusting tueh!

That's the thing...hostel fees are not enough.

But if you suggest it should be increased, people will start shouting that 'Nigeria is a very rich country, our parents went to school for free, etc, etc'.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Propsvilla(m): 12:07am On Apr 04, 2019
More Reason I can pay any amount to live off Camp. Some people are pigs in human form

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.