Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) (61416 Views)

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:08am On Apr 04, 2019
How can I unsee what I saw; embarassed embarassed

Grade one infection dem go contact..

Don't even know if dem get bush at all 4 dat Enugu campus.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by scobaba: 12:10am On Apr 04, 2019
Oh my university

In Aguolu'a voice.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Sluvist(m): 12:15am On Apr 04, 2019
There is needs to declare a state of emergency for this schools conveniency rooms to save outbreak.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by alezzy13: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2019
Part off the problem is mismanagement. We used to have this problem of poor sanitary condition at uniben hostels. But just at the turn of the millennium, it was given to private contractors and the condition improved significantly.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by stagger: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Please can someone post pics of Covenant University toilets?

I visited one of the hostels in Covenant University in 2015. As I entered the place, the lights came on automatically. Clean place, no single smell of urine or faeces anywhere. Did my business, water was running and I left the place.

You can now understand the difference between a university that charges N600,000 per session, and one that charges less than N50000. If I see that Ifedayo (daddy freeze) making noise again, I will scatter his head with a e-bottle.

9 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 04, 2019
Odogu9195:
Here is something I don’t understand. Why can’t those students take a day and really clean the toilet?? So those yeye student expect school to come clean toilet for them? Smh lazy and dirty youth. Just 1k is enough. Everyone in the building contribute. Was this toilet like when it was opened?? Sometimes I think we deserve the kinda politicians and so called leaders we have. Looking at this, some stupid students they even poo for toilet ground.

As if the students are too big to clean the same toilets that they use. If they had to clean those heads, trust me they would monitor each other and make sure no one makes a mess of the place.

I still see the toilets and bathrooms of my secondary school hostel in my nightmares! angry

7 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2019
stagger:
Please can someone post pics of Covenant University toilets?

I visited one of the hostels in Covenant University in 2015. As I entered the place, the lights came on automatically. Clean place, no single smell of urine or faeces anywhere. Did my business, water was running and I left the place.

You can now understand the difference between a university that charges N600,000 per session, and one that charges less than N50000. If I see that Ifedayo (daddy freeze) making noise again, I will scatter his head with a e-bottle.

So we get logical...and suggest that Federal Universities should increase fees...

(Cue massive student protest, and comments about how our grandparents went to school for free)
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by sirqeeboi(m): 12:43am On Apr 04, 2019
If i become a head of any institution be it primary secondary or tertiary..
Dirty ness is a rusticaton..students are mad .
As i dont like my school for many reasons i believe they done alot in terms of providing good and convenient accommodation..
The hostel fee is 15000 per session and four in a room .
Provide cleaners who clean the toilet everyday ..a minute after cleaning the toilet you will see shit in the bowl without flashing water dey in side the toilet .the worst is put bucket fetch water for bathroom longest distance to bathroom from toilet wont take 10 steps ..

Since i respected cleaniness was when i saw a chartered accountant, a big school owner , a very successful mother all her children are more than okay( Married,working both male and female) using her own hands to clean and pack her waste bin ( i mean well arranged tied in waste nylon..)

As i am i use foam to wash my toilet bowl to the down part...no matter what u use u hand to pack or clean just make sure u wash ur hand thoroughly with soap and water.

6 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by elnoor: 1:00am On Apr 04, 2019
wise people, literate and developed one. Always there problems is NORTH. Iam proud to be a NORTHERNER and proud to be a MUSLIM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
Nigerians are pigs.. If i'm the VC of UNN i won't do anything about this. I remember back then in 2010 when the toilets and bathrooms were renovated... Trust Nigerians it didn't even take UNN Students upto 6 months to destroy it... Person go go toilet him no go carry water, some go use paper instead of tissue and instead of discarding it properly they dump it inside the toilet bowl, after messing and rendering their toilets unusable them go come begin break into other people's own..... It got to a point i just gave up and started patronizing the Convenience beside Environmental Faculty...

.. I learnt many things in UNN... one of them is Nigerians need re-orientation... This our "afterall no be my own mentality" is doing us more harm than good..

Considering the fact that a government is the reflection of its people.. It's no wonder our country is in shambles..

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today... See mY signature. .
Fam you are really wise! "afterall no be my own mentality". This right here, you right 100%%. Management repair this, 2momths enough it will go back to the way it was

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by stanliwise(m): 1:13am On Apr 04, 2019
Odogu9195:

No point in cursing fam. Quick question how consistent is the payment of the cleaners? And As the cleaners didn’t do the cleaning, what happens?? Keep living like this? Smh. Who is gonna probably catch an infection or something? Students or cleaners?? And FYI I attended a university lol
you haven't been in a school hostel have you?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by stanliwise(m): 1:15am On Apr 04, 2019
Offpoint:
The students are useless, na cleaner dey clean their papa toilet for house?

They prefer to further ruined the place and pollute the whole environment with their shîts than to clean the toilet and make use of it.

I'd had been more productive and profitable to humanity, if their parents used their school fees to patronize oloshos or drank beers with it.

If you want to quote me with the intent of insulting me, please do me a favour by attaching your email along the insults. I still have 2 unused thunder in my spam box. I'll be glad to forward it to you.
you didn't stay in a public hostel, it is clear
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by jaxxy(m): 1:22am On Apr 04, 2019
Adults behaving like kids. Why can’t dey clean up after themselves.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nyceguy92: 1:24am On Apr 04, 2019
The pic is the most disgusting eye sore I have ever seen so far.
Describing it as nauseating is an understatement knowing that these are conveniences used by university students.

The university is a mix of people with all sorts of habit. Many do not care how they use public amenities.
Back then in secondary school, we had guys who had no shame in defecating on the bathroom floor.
Or climbing the toilet instead of sitting on it.
What do you expect when these people get to the university?

Both the students and management share the blame.
There was a time when the toilets and bathrooms were new; if they had been used responsibly, things wouldn't look this nasty.
How much is a roll of toilet paper and how quickly will it finish that a student would resort to using paper in the toilet?
Good hygiene demands that, in the absence of a running tap, one fetches water elsewhere with which to flush the toilet.

I put the greater portion of the blame on the university authority.
Institutions need to set a standard not only in academics but also in the living conditions of their students.
Granted there may be cleaners, but how often and how well do they clean? Do they have adequate cleaning materials?
Most important, how regularly is water available?
Poor working condition as in very little and irregular salary is a factor.

Now what about the bathroom doors that are decaying and falling off?
Are students expected to replace them with their money?
I do not believe that universities are so strapped for cash that they allow their toilets and baths to rot away.

If there is anything I hate, it is a slimy bathroom floor and a dirty toilet.
Of course I will constipate because the poo won't come.

Sometime ago, I had to withdraw my kid from a university staff school because the toilet facility became unacceptable.
The present school has clean toilets and bathrooms with regular water supply.
Unlike in the uni, the students clean their toilets and baths, sometimes as part of a correctional action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 04, 2019
This is simply HARAM

ARMAGEDDON
I will never attend any wedding in NIGERIA and DIASPORA whose COUPLES are UNN GRADUATES

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by IvarTheBoneless: 2:36am On Apr 04, 2019
NaMeAboki:
University of Developers - make una come see development!

I laugh when yeebow boys call Yoruba gals dirty out of frustration of being refused.

See what their yam legged gals are doing. The stupid chest-beaters would still give cunninlingus to animals as dirty as this?

They are truly PIGLETS

Hotfreezer.... you guys shouldn't have spared these animals on this issue. undecided To be honest i looked through half closed eye lids

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Excuzeme: 2:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Danrizzle:
The cleaners have deserted their jobs due to a backlog of unpaid arrears. Students are now left with the options of hiring cleaners with their own money, or cleaning the place themselves.

They should contact all the Igbo moneybags who are wasting their time developing Lagos, to come and develop their own university, back home now?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Excuzeme: 2:43am On Apr 04, 2019
Alexandro15:
shocked shocked shocked
This is too graphic

They should have put "Viewers discretion Advisory" on this thread naah....... now person cant have a good sleep again! angry angry angry
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Originalsly: 3:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Odogu9195:

Here is something I don’t understand. Why can’t those students take a day and really clean the toilet?? So those yeye student expect school to come clean toilet for them? Smh lazy and dirty youth. Just 1k is enough. Everyone in the building contribute. Was this toilet like when it was opened?? Sometimes I think we deserve the kinda politicians and so called leaders we have. Looking at this, some stupid students they even poo for toilet ground.

Really?.... cleaning is definitely not what they should be doing. As university students...they should be shutting down the campus and bringing the situation to national and if need be international attention.... naming names of those responsible for maintenance of the campus... inciting protest and demonstrations at the office and homes of those people.... getting other campuses to join them.... making demands and giving ultimatums... that's what university students do internationally....always ground zero for change. But here you are... wanting them to be spineless.
Get Up Stand Up..... Stand Up for Your Rights.

@ topic.... nice first step... posting pics.... expose what they want hidden... let the dirty truth come out.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Dedetwo(m): 3:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Anybody who seemed surprised by the alleged pictures from UNN (University of Nigeria, Nsukka) hotels is a compound fool. Nigeria, as a country, is worse than the alleged pictures. By the way, Nigeria is not called shithole for nothing. I simply hate the damn country.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by magicminister: 3:36am On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
Nigerians are pigs.. If i'm the VC of UNN i won't do anything about this. I remember back then in 2010 when the toilets and bathrooms were renovated... Trust Nigerians it didn't even take UNN Students upto 6 months to destroy it... Person go go toilet him no go carry water, some go use paper instead of tissue and instead of discarding it properly they dump it inside the toilet bowl, after messing and rendering their toilets unusable them go come begin break into other people's own..... It got to a point i just gave up and started patronizing the Convenience beside Environmental Faculty...

.. I learnt many things in UNN... one of them is Nigerians need re-orientation... This our "afterall no be my own" mentality is doing us more harm than good..

Considering the fact that a government is the reflection of its people.. It's no wonder our country is in shambles..

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today... See mY signature. .

Bro, have you considered the possibility say water no Dey run for that toilet?
Have you considered the possibility say plumbing don kpafuka?

Renovated in 2010?
That’s almost 10 years and thousands of people have passed through those toilets. What do you really expect and how do you expect it to be??

The governing bodies of the university should’ve contracted an organization to maintain facilities like toilets, bathrooms etc. Those contractors will hire cleaners that will clean that place 3 times a day, make sure there’s huge industrial grade tissue readily available at all times. There should be hand dryers or paper dispensers in that toilet to prevent the spread of germs and disease

That is how is done.

Even the maintenance of street lights and roads and gardening are supposed to be contracted out to trained and competent contractors to ensure that those things are up and running.
Those students are there to learn and have paid fees. Thus , they’re entitled to certain level of comfort.

Nigerians are not dirty. We are just led by dirty and I exposed people. I have travelled so much and have learnt so much that I have come to realize that it’s actually easy to clean up our country and make us greater than ever but we just lack leaders with ideas.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by iragbmite: 3:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Yiibo people; uncultured, dirty, sloppy, and despicable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Mizwisdom(f): 3:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Those tiles look recently placed and the WC looks same too, the students are responsible for littering everywhere with poo and used paper, so dirty and stinking. Why won't they at least use water instead of blocking the toilet? we are our own problem, if you can't clean up your own poo, you are not better than a mad person sad
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by StevenOba: 3:47am On Apr 04, 2019
Wow running a portable toilet business here won't be a bad idea o.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by GboyegaD(m): 3:54am On Apr 04, 2019
BananaTree:

You're a mumu. I really don't think you ever attended a university. If you did, please tell me tales of how you and your colleagues took a day to clean the toilets cleaners are being paid to do.

And how responsible are students who use a washroom like this? If only we will act responsibly on our part, then life will get better for all.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by CodeTemplar: 4:06am On Apr 04, 2019
asuustrike1:

Am disappointed at your statement. Those students much have paid one fee or the other for hostel maintenance instead of questioning the school authority for nonchalant attitude you are condemning the students. Why would the university admit more than its capacity? Why would the management be insensitive to student's hygiene? Can the head of the school try this in a private establishment?.
Oga, will you clean such adult shiit just cause you are paid? Cleaners are not paid to work with shiit directly but to clean tiles and water closes system. The students started it by defecating on floor and the water closet itself.
They aren't kids. This is why I laugh when people condemn private school student as kids. They are more mature and exposed to these things and don't mess up simple water closet. Maturity doesn't start and end with having and impregnating cohabiting partners oh!
Let the student grow up and realize part of maturity is the ability to cooperate on issues like these. Let them share the responsibility equally and put those toilets back in cleanable order or state. This is un-cleanable even if the cleaners are paid their arrears. Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by BoboKush(m): 4:22am On Apr 04, 2019
Odogu9195:

No point in cursing fam. Quick question how consistent is the payment of the cleaners? And As the cleaners didn’t do the cleaning, what happens?? Keep living like this? Smh. Who is gonna probably catch an infection or something? Students or cleaners?? And FYI I attended a university lol

Why u dey mind the mumu sef.... The r meant to be pooing on the ground with water n whatever.... Splash shit on the wall and a cleaner shld clean it for them because that's ha work.... U see eh a lot of this student r very useless.... They deserve what they get

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by alenwup(m): 4:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Op, why would you post this without forewarning us? If I vomit I go report you to police far. Everywhere students don't help matters as far as rest room is concerned. Dem for do short put for VC office
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by iragbmite: 4:24am On Apr 04, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Osu ipob pigs should be ashamed of themselves.
How can a normal human being shit on the floor
?

Very dirty flatheád bastards. They should clean it themselves

Yiiibos have no humanity. Hugh Clapperton knew that as far back as 1825

~ the
streets are irregular and Narrow – the houses occupying a large space – and in
the same form as those at Puku – here amongst the Yorribanies is the poor dog
treated with respect and made the companion of man – here he has collars rond
his neck of different colours and ornamented with cowries and sits by his
master and follows him on all his journeys & visits ~ the great man is never
without one and it appeared to me a boy was appointed to take care of him – in
Road from Ijanna
118 CHAPTER 2
no other country of Africa that I have been in is this faithfull animal treated
with common humanity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of A YABATECH Student Drawing On Water Goes Viral (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.