Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria (59260 Views)

ExxonMobil Nigeria Renews OMLs Leases For A 20–Year Period / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Cletus77(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
sogodihno:

shut ur stinky mouth.
The truth hurts innit?
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Poanan: 11:50pm On Apr 03, 2019
emkz:
I always wondered what would happen when Nigeria's oil dries up. Yes, all these companies woule leave.

I hope the NNPC would truly become competitive like Petrobras or Saudi Aramco and set up a company to be engaged in petroleum exploration and production. A situation where these IOCs produce and the NNPC does nothing but receive money is an anomaly which does not happen anywhere in the world. Nigeria needs to take over and manage Nigeria's assets.

Really? Who told you nnpc doesn't do exploration? NPDC is responsible for exploration. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by ptokaref: 11:52pm On Apr 03, 2019
Let's just say there is one, or maybe two individuals on nairaland who currently are employed with this oil company. Yet, we have I-lost-count persons pinning this matter on the current administration.

No offense, but if 50% of us have ever tasted good life - stable electricity, pipe-borne water, good roads, security e.t.c - and actually having a job to at least earn good income.

And, we are able to pay electricity and water bills, equated monthly installments on our vehicles, monthly mortgage payments, etc. Matters like this are what we should be discussing here not Exxon Mobil leaving. Who Exxon Mobil help?

Truth is, no multinational company would come here and hire Federal univeristy graduates for technically related jobs. But accounting - book and taking jobs like salesperson trekking up and down in the sun, well, maybe... but not a project manager position, not senior/lead engineers, pay them in dollars as they do the so-called expatriates.

In my experience, citizens of a political boarder comes first for a vacant position. That isn't the case here. The president signed an executive order to that effect recently, it's okay that these organizations feel the heat.
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by ElectorAlexande: 1:22am On Apr 04, 2019
chloride6:
They are not selling ALL their assets...

How does the Nigerian Economy affect their situation...

Poor Journalism...

New fields in Eastern Africa as well as the American are currently very profitable because of various incentives offered.

We already have a developed oil industry so we wont offer those incentives..

Exxon are still developing assets in Nigeria as well speak...

Same with Shell, Total and AGIP...

Besides no sale can take place without the approval the FG...

So chill and dont wail....

Modified

Called my friend in Eket now

Said it's just the discussion are on the onshore fields..

The offshore fields are not for Sale..

Exxon is currently hiring fresh graduates.

They wouldn't be doing so if there was no long term plan.

Point of correction , it's supposed to be North America and South America ,Guyana is in South America not Eastern Africa. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Ramsey247(m): 3:29am On Apr 04, 2019
So your friend in Eket is a decision maker in Mobil?
chloride6:

Poor Journalism...

New fields in Eastern Africa as well as the American are currently very profitable because of various incentives offered.

Modified

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by anelka101(m): 3:56am On Apr 04, 2019
Modarun:
Thats good, Buhari is doing a great job and laying strong foundation. All this looting comoanies are chased out so that clean and serious Tinubu, Elrufai and Abba kyari oil companies can take over from them. Buhari is laying a solid foundation for Nigeria future.

My brother go and rent more brain, your thinking faculty is totally down. Eranko
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by chloride6: 4:20am On Apr 04, 2019
ElectorAlexande:

Point of correction , it's supposed to be North America and South America ,Guyana is in South America not Eastern Africa. Thanks.

Lol, I know where Guyana is.

I'm saying the similar drive is going on in eastern Africa...

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by chloride6: 4:21am On Apr 04, 2019
Ramsey247:
So your friend in Eket is a decision maker in Mobil?

He may not be a decision maker at Exxon but he most definitely hears things...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by UncletC: 5:30am On Apr 04, 2019
chloride6:

Poor Journalism...

Modified

your friend owns ExxonMobil, sure, Nigeria cannot offer incentives , when other African countries take over sales with their incentives, Nigeria will sell to the gods... Nigeria economy does not affect ExxonMobil operations, Bros , who do you this kind thing? you need deliverance
chloride6:

Poor Journalism...

Modified

your friend owns ExxonMobil, sure, Nigeria cannot offer incentives , when other African countries take over sales with their incentives, Nigeria will sell to the gods... Nigeria economy does not affect ExxonMobil operations, Bros , who do you this kind thing? you need deliverance
chloride6:

Poor Journalism...

Modified

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 04, 2019
ProsidentBuhari:
cool

When a tenant has made more money, his taste increases and he decided to move to a bigger apartment. This is a proof that my administration is a progressive one.

ExxonMobil is a corrupt company.

~ProsidentBuhari
What if the house is badluck to the tenants?
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by efonat(m): 6:07am On Apr 04, 2019
The world has moved away from oil and we re still drilling. The world has gone green. Now they use bio gas, fuel, diseal. Mobil want to follow suit.
ikorodureporta:
Nigerians have taken to social media to react to reports of plans by American oil giant, Exxon Mobil to divest its assets in Nigeria.

According to Reuters, quoting industry and banking sources, the company has held talks on the sale of a suite of oil and gas fields in Nigeria as the company focuses on new developments in U.S. shale and Guyana.

The report said that the potential disposals are expected to include stakes in onshore and offshore fields and could raise up to $3 billion.

However, some commentators blamed the harsh economic realities in Nigeria for the company’s alleged plans to leave the country.

Source: https://www.herald.ng/nigerians-react-as-exxon-mobil-prepares-to-leave-nigeria/

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Nackzy: 6:19am On Apr 04, 2019
The Best News have heard in a decade...please please they. Should just leave stupid people after sucking the wells dry,
If Akwa Ibom state government is smart enough the oil blocks here should be given to different companies not just one...it will foster development
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:55am On Apr 04, 2019
If Mobil and other multinationals are leaving Nigeria, then me I am leaving. The country is meant for civil servants anyway sad
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by filnaija: 6:57am On Apr 04, 2019
A Filipino owned company will open an office in Nigeria with A

BETTER and GREATER complan from other Networking companies! We

are flying in Lagos THIS SUMMER!

We are one of the Biggest MLM Company in the Philippines!

Created 8 Multi-Millionaires, given 2 Sports Car and 25 Car

Achiever in just 1 Year!

BE PART OF A PIONEERING COMPANY!
BE A MILLIONAIRE!
GET YOUR OWN CARS!
WE ARE GIVING AWAY SPORTS CARS IN THE PHILIPPINES! HOW ABOUT

IN NAIJA?

PM me HOW
Wats Up Number: +639369510219

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Optimist88(m): 7:34am On Apr 04, 2019
soul95:

So when a thief or a rapist is accosted and beaten mercilessly without courtesy it means the beaters are blockheads? Or when a child does something incredibly silly and is flogged, is flogging down with courtesy? So when you discipline your child, it means you are a blockhead?
You see what this culture of people just waking up and start posting packaged nonsense without any depth on social media in the name of motivational speaking has caused?
The only thing to ruminate here is your obvious deficiency in comprehension. Trying to "sound intelligent" but unwilling to pay the price of deep examination of events
How I wish you would have shifted a bit out of your myopic reasoning to define what courtesy means! until then, you're on your own!
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Optimist88(m): 7:38am On Apr 04, 2019
soul95:

and why so? The only major reasons most multinationals are in Nigeria are the comparatively cheap labour (especially when the product produced has a global market, thus the company has a major cost cutting advantage considering purchasing power parity,PPP) and the ease of bribing their way past breaches in regulatory standards (talk about the spills in Niger Delta). A lot of other things suck. Security wise, infrastructure, bottlenecks of stupid bureaucracy, stupid behavior of host communities etc.
You talked more about the impacts of exploitation and exploration and that's not the topic here!
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2019
Cletus77:

They were thinking, it wasn't gonna affect dem

That is foolishness. The economic prosperity or redundancy of a nation will affect everyone connected to it, even non-Nigerians, directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 04, 2019
Optimist88:
How I wish you would have shifted a bit out of your myopic reasoning to define what courtesy means! until then, you're on your own!

I'm sorry to have engaged you. And no I am not apologizing to you, I am apologizing to all sensible folks out there for lowering the bar of what can be defined as common sense by expecting it from you.
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by Optimist88(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
soul95:

I'm sorry to have engaged you. And no I am not apologizing to you, I am apologizing to all sensible folks out there for lowering the bar of what can be defined as common sense by expecting it from you.
Like I said earlier young man, you're on your own! Your apology is as useless as your points and thinking!
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by ElectorAlexande: 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
chloride6:

Lol, I know where Guyana is.
I'm saying the similar drive is going on in eastern Africa...
OK
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by evolved: 4:14am On Apr 05, 2019
ednut1:
Before you blame Buhari kindly note that the future is not oil

what is it brother? the future
Re: Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria by drealjosh(m): 5:14am On Apr 05, 2019
evolved:

what is it brother? the future
my brother ahhhhh! You are not seeing it. You have your phone with you right? Do more research online then you will understand what he was talking about. One love!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React / Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.