Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies (41983 Views)

Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Oil Price Jumps As OPEC Keeps Output Steady, Hits Four year High / Oil Prices Fall As OPEC Plans To End Cuts – Oilprice Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oil prices jumped on Thursday after sources said Russia and Saudi Arabia have a new deal to cut oil output drastically in response to a collapse in global demand from the coronavirus.

A worldwide lockdown to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic has cut fuel demand by roughly 30%, and contributed to a crash in prices that took major benchmarks down by more than two-thirds.

Prices surged on Thursday as producers appeared set to cut production sharply, though exact details were unclear.

Brent LCOc1 futures were up $2.24, or 6.8%, at $35.08 a barrel by 10:29 a.m. EDT (1429 GMT), while U.S. crude CLc1 rose $2.18, or 8.7%, to $27.27.

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and allies including Russia - a group known as OPEC+ - were meeting by video conference on Thursday. A senior Russian source told Reuters that Russia and Saudi Arabia have removed their main obstacles to a new deal, which could be as much as 20 million bpd, though the exact details were as of yet unclear.

Such a deal would be by far the biggest output cut ever agreed by OPEC, but Russia has insisted it will only reduce output if the United States joins the deal. U.S. officials have not said they will force producers to cut, and U.S. laws prevent coordination among private companies.

The last OPEC meeting in early March ended acrimoniously, with Russia and Saudi Arabia unable to come to an agreement to curb output as the virus spread, adding to the slump in prices.

A source briefed on Saudi Arabia’s oil policy said it is ready to cut up to 4 million bpd of its production but only from its record output levels of 12.3 million bpd achieved in April.

Russia has said it wants output to be cut from the January-March levels before Saudi production jumped.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-oil/oil-prices-soar-as-opec-prepares-to-cut-supplies-idUSKCN21Q3DV

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
Good News. Let's hope and pray it's sustained. Patriots like me are genuinely happy ... While paid senseless zombies

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Yenefer(f): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Who is pushing thread to front pages this days in nairaland, 90% of the people who visit nairaland don't benefit from Oil. Wether Oil price is high or low..., Most people here don't rip the benefits

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by AroleOduduwa2: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Perfect timing, Buhari and his cohorts can now finish Nigeria for good.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by mondbest(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is a good news that depends on oil to grow their economy (example: Nigeria) grin grin grin grin

But our leaders will still swallow all the money cry cry cry

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by whytediamond(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Still has nothing to do with improved living condition of the poor family in Ajegunle or Zaria.

22 Likes

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by medTechworld(f): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Bambarino: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
is it fair enough for naija?

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by eleojo23: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Does this mean the value of the naira will no longer go up?

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Miracle4Sure: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Great

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
L
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by NaijadrivaCars: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020

Asuquo sef

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Kayceo2010: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
$2 na soaring high.. It's well

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by emmabest2000(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Beta suya, beta suya , fancha bukwa na aru Nama ka ona afio

Igbo adage grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Zico5(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Now Buhari can cash out big time. operation no mercy on our common wealth.

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Xisnin(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bad news for some people.

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by festacman(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Alleluia somebody!

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lol 2$ price difference

But we still made a killing sha in the markets

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by truthfulperson: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
REPENT NOW OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL FIRE....JESUS CHRIST LOVES AND WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO RECEIVE THE GRACE AND POWER TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE....you are not a mistake creature, God specially made you to be with Him here and in eternity in heaven. Give God a try today and you will know He exists and love you so much.
Bewarned only Jesus Christ can save you , any other way or person(Islam, Hinduism, paganism, occultism,, Scientology etc) will not help you to gain salvation and make heaven, rather they will mislead you to hell fire. Don't gamble with you eternity , it is more important than the present temporal short years you spend here on earth. Give Jesus Christ a try today!!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by YeeboMuslim: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Asuquo sef

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by ChuckKingston(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
Like in summary what does this imply and how will it affect us Nigerians
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Digitiminimi: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nigeria Government now will be like... grin grin grin
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Jonah507(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by kollinz1234(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hurayyy

This is an amazing news

What this news means is that there is a breakthrough and the effects of the covid-19 is meddling down.

Guys I need airtime o, can you all imagine that I have less than 3mb left and to find money for my pocket now, u have to wash all my trousers and check the pockets first and even with that na with hope prayers and probability. Abeg if u have d means, kindly assist

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by CodeTemplar: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hasn't Buhari diversified our oil dependent economy?
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bad news

As usual when oil prices rise, we go back to our monoeconomic ways again.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Knew Russia will finally see sense. $2 not so great though.

Nigeria back on track. Lemme go fill up my tank before petrol goes up to N200 per litre. They've already warned us that there will be no more subsidies.

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by overseer1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
I don't know whether to be happy or not. I still can't figure out how the increase have affected the ordinary man on the street. I think I should just free myself of anything oil. Therfore I'm less concerned.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Stalwert: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Good News. Let's hope and pray it's sustained.

grin now post this without crying grin grin grin grin

CodeTemplar:
Hasn't Buhari diversified our oil dependent economy?

He has but our foreign exchange source needs to be diversified.

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
This will be interesting. What will happen to our subsidy if price of oil rises? Will it ressurect again?
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by mrofficial042: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Corona virus is a hoax

See my signature to earn money

Live Display Of Animals At Okoko Market For Business / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism / How Nigerians Can Make Naira Strong (FUNNY PHOTO)