Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,585 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Love Your Enemies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Your Enemies (938 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Satan Ministry: How To Curse Your Enemies. / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Your Enemies by Yefet(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
September 10, 2010

Love Your Enemies

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

It is easy to be good to those who are good to us. It is much harder to be good to those who harm us. However, this is exactly what Christ commands us to do. In fact, He took this thought a step further by commanding us to love those who are our enemies.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."(Matthew 5:43-44). Jesus admonished His followers to respond to those who hurt them with love so that His followers would become sons and daughters of God (Matthew 5:45).

If we are honest, then we must admit that often our first reaction to Christ's words is one of defensiveness. We want to proclaim our rights and demand justice. God, however, has a different route for us to take and that is one of mercy and grace. He instructs us to treat others the way we would want to be treated.

Paul is quick to remind the Galatian believers that their hearts must be set on God's goodness because goodness is an essential fruit of the Spirit. Sometimes, this means being good to those who have been bad to us. Not fair, you say?

The next time you feel as though an injustice has been committed against you, remember the Savior. He endured both rejection and insult, and He continued to demonstrate God's infinite love and mercy even to those who crucified Him.

Let Jesus' ultimate display of love be your inspiration as you respond in love to everyone you encounter today--even to those who have hurt you in the past. The evidence of Christ's life within is the outward display of His goodness, mercy, and grace. May the Lord bless you as you seek to be more like Him each day.

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

www.leadingtheway.org
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2010
Love your enemies? Preach that to the god(s) of the three abrahamic desert religions. Let him(them) start loving the devil/satan first before preaching to his(their) socalled creations to do likewise. Words are cheap.
Yefet:

September 10, 2010

Love Your Enemies

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

It is easy to be good to those who are good to us. It is much harder to be good to those who harm us. However, this is exactly what Christ commands us to do. In fact, He took this thought a step further by commanding us to love those who are our enemies.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."(Matthew 5:43-44). Jesus admonished His followers to respond to those who hurt them with love so that His followers would become sons and daughters of God (Matthew 5:45).

If we are honest, then we must admit that often our first reaction to Christ's words is one of defensiveness. We want to proclaim our rights and demand justice. God, however, has a different route for us to take and that is one of mercy and grace. He instructs us to treat others the way we would want to be treated.

Paul is quick to remind the Galatian believers that their hearts must be set on God's goodness because goodness is an essential fruit of the Spirit. Sometimes, this means being good to those who have been bad to us. Not fair, you say?

The next time you feel as though an injustice has been committed against you, remember the Savior. He endured both rejection and insult, and He continued to demonstrate God's infinite love and mercy even to those who crucified Him.

Let Jesus' ultimate display of love be your inspiration as you respond in love to everyone you encounter today--even to those who have hurt you in the past. The evidence of Christ's life within is the outward display of His goodness, mercy, and grace. May the Lord bless you as you seek to be more like Him each day.

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

www.leadingtheway.org

Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^
Must u spew?Y r u ranting?Tell Seun 2 create a board 4 u guys,where u can spwe whatever u like.This is d religious board.Geddit? undecided
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
Free world of opinions,mate. Get used to it. You don't like my views, rapture yourself pronto, so that you won't have to wait for jesus. Geddit? You this intolerant so and so.
philip0906:

^^
Must u spew?Y r u ranting?Tell Seun 2 create a board 4 u guys,where u can spwe whatever u like.This is d religious board.Geddit? undecided
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^
Yh u right.Free world,but u talk like u got issues,like there is some deep problems we might not know about. . .Moreso,this is d religious board,4 religious people.Like I advised u,tell seun 2 open a non-religious board 4 u guys.Geddit?
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

^^
Yh u right.Free world,but u talk like u got issues,like there is some deep problems we might not know about. . .Moreso,this is d religious board,4 religious people.Like I advised u,tell seun 2 open a non-religious board 4 u guys.Geddit?
Point of correction! This forum is for spritual, religious and philosophical issues and discussions, not for religious issues ALONE. That opens up the forum for folks like me, atheists, agnostics, secularist philosophers and theists alike. Geddit?
Re: Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

^^

all these christians! always trying 2 be smart. tsk tsk tsk! isnt it clear ur the 1 ranting and spewin bla bla?the op said somtin abt loving ur enemies as well as those who persecute u. Jesus according to the bible said d same. now i dont have a problem with that but does jesus/god love the devil? if they dont, isnt dat hypocrisy? instead ur bothered abt such a trivial thing as d board being religious or not. mschewww! i dont even no wot 2 say 2 u dis guy
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Point of correction! This forum is for spritual, religious and philosophical issues and discussions, not for religious issues ALONE. That opens up the forum for folks like me, atheists, agnostics, secularist philosophers and theists alike. Geddit?
Hmm. . .I wonder when all these u mentioned became religion.anyway,u don't barge in2 a harmless thread like u've been chased like sea-demons and drop nauseating comments.Even if u want 2 contribute,it should be constructive,only if u have issues we might not know about.Geddit?
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

Hmm. . .I wonder when all these u mentioned became religion.anyway,u don't barge in2 a harmless thread like u've been chased like sea-demons and drop nauseating comments.Even if u want 2 contribute,it should be constructive,only if u have issues we might not know about.Geddit?
The exchange so far is irrelevant. I have issued a challenge to the judeo-christian god. LET HIM LOVE SATAN OR DEVIL FIRST AND THEN WE HUMANS WILL TAKE THE CUE AND DO LIKEWISE. Till then. . .
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
Jenwitemi:

The exchange so far is irrelevant. I have issued a challenge to the judeo-christian god. LET HIM LOVE SATAN OR DEVIL FIRST AND THEN WE HUMANS WILL TAKE THE CUE AND DO LIKEWISE. Till then. . .
challenge indeed.U must love virtual simulation games grin grin grin
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2010
tony_runo:

all these christians! always trying 2 be smart. tsk tsk tsk! isnt it clear your the 1 ranting and spewin bla bla?the op said somtin abt loving your enemies as well as those who persecute u. Jesus according to the bible said d same. now i dont have a problem with that but does jesus/god love the devil? if they dont, isnt dat hypocrisy? instead your bothered abt such a trivial thing as d board being religious or not. mschewww! i dont even no wot 2 say 2 u dis guy
Well,u don't talk like its a personal thing.The op was not talking directly 2 him,but he answered like it was meant 4 him.Mind u,I didn't bother reading ur remaining comments wink
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
What has my simulation theory got to do with this? Stick with the issue here and stop all them sidestepping tactics, please. Just admit that your god will fail to rise up to the challenge, simple.
philip0906:

challenge indeed.U must love virtual simulation games grin grin grin

Besides, the simulation theory is yet to be debunked. As a matter of fact, i claim it to be undebunkable. grin You can give it a try, though, if you can.
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
Jenwitemi:

What has my simulation theory got to do with this? Stick with the issue here and stop all them sidestepping tactics, please. Just admit that your god will fail to rise up to the challenge, simple.
Besides, the simulation theory is yet to be debunked. As a matter of fact, i claim it to be undebunkable. grin You can give it a try, though, if you can.
I know u must be feeling on top of d world."yh,my "challenge",is unbeatable". . .u must be having fun online grin grin Enter the other thread,which ur ilks opened and learn one or 2 things grin grin
Re: Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

Well,u don't talk like its a personal thing.The op was not talking directly 2 him,but he answered like it was meant 4 him.Mind u,I didn't bother reading your remaining comments wink

But of cos! u didnt bother reading the remaining part of my comment. yeah yeah, thank u. i've heard but stick to d issue here. y has ur god refused to love satan; his enemy?
Re: Love Your Enemies by Jenwitemi(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
No, such things never make me feel on top of the world, buddy. They are just stated facts that are already known by inquisitive and knowledge seeking folks. And stop sounding so pissed because your god failed a very simple challenge. You christians are forever sensitive, so touchy. wink
philip0906:

I know u must be feeling on top of d world."yh,my "challenge",is unbeatable". . .u must be having fun online grin grin

Kindly show me those threads, please, and i will join in the discussions. I am always willing to learn new things.
philip0906:

Enter the other thread,which your ilks opened and learn one or 2 things grin grin
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
tony_runo:

But of cos! u didnt bother reading the remaining part of my comment. yeah yeah, thank u. i've heard but stick to d issue here. y has your god refused to love satan; his enemy?
1.show me d passage in d scripture dat God says. . ."I don't love satan" or "I hate satan"
2.If God hates satan,show me a book,passage or whatever dat shows satan loves God and now wants God 2 reciprocate?
If u can't show me answers,shut your trap. .  wink
Re: Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

1.show me d passage in d scripture dat God says. . ."I don't love satan" or "I hate satan"
2.If God hates satan,show me a book,passage or whatever dat shows satan loves God and now wants God 2 reciprocate?
If u can't show me answers,shut your trap. .  wink

shut my trap i see u wanna get personal. oH! u messed wif d wrong dude. 1st of all, i cldnt possibly waste ma precious time going thru 1 silly book containing fairytales, dats ur job/hobby. on d oda hand, d devil is meant 2 burn in hell at d end of time; thus says ur book. hw can god love lucifer and yet still sentence him 2 hell? or do u want 2 tell me there's hope 4 lucifer? so if i cant show u a passage in d bible dat says god hates lucifer, does dat automatically mean god loves him? i tot u were smarter than this! obviously! ur not. its clear ur not only daft bt dense. 2 bad! wink
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2010
tony_runo:

shut my trap i see u wanna get personal. oH! u messed wif d wrong dude. 1st of all, i cldnt possibly waste ma precious time going thru 1 silly book containing fairytales, dats your job/hobby. on d oda hand, d devil is meant 2 burn in hell at d end of time; thus says your book. hw can god love lucifer and yet still sentence him 2 hell? or do u want 2 tell me there's hope 4 lucifer? so if i cant show u a passage in d bible dat says god hates lucifer, does dat automatically mean god loves him? i tot u were smarter than this! obviously! your not. its clear your not only daft bt dense. 2 bad! wink
man,stop twisting my questions.U said,God hates satan,show me where he declared his hate 4 d devil?atleast 4 now,d devil is still "safe".He hasn't burnt hi yet,so we should only wait till then 2 conclude.Just show me where God/Jesus declared their hate 4 d devil?or u bye wink
Re: Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2010
All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.
Re: Love Your Enemies by philip0906(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^
oya bye. . . wink
Re: Love Your Enemies by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2010
philip0906:

man,stop twisting my questions.U said,God hates satan,show me where he declared his hate 4 d devil?atleast 4 now,d devil is still "safe".He hasn't burnt hi yet,so we should only wait till then 2 conclude.Just show me where God/Jesus declared their hate 4 d devil?or u bye wink

ok, i assumed god hates d devil. i dont know of any passage. u happy now? gud, am asking u now. does god love satan? if yes, show me a passage dat says so. if no, well,

(1) (Reply)

God Promise Of Giving Pastors To His People / See The Beauty In Sinners - Pastor Chris / Why Are There Many Different Denominations In The Christian Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.