Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

"Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns (34759 Views)

Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by sulasa07(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
themonk:
That is probably the only thing sweeter than sex and you are telling us to stop? undecided
come again pleASE?
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by sulasa07(m): 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
clemmonce:
They are telling you the truth now , you are arguing. Who told you in the first place to clean your ear with cotton bud ? Was it a doctor that told you that ? Cotton bud is used to clean tiny holes. Not ear.
Its what our grandparents,our parents have being doing and now you are telling us to stop.

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by midnighter(f): 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
he is actually right but most of us will not listen. cotton buds will push the wax and dirt in even more

one is supposed to book an appointment with an ENT for ear-flushing (or what is it called again )

but everyone will still continue with their cotton buds (me grin) and biro caps. I nearly died the day i saw my dad using a feather shocked how do you people do it

the problem is modern health and beauty standards and lack of easy alternatives. Its a dent to one's self esteem to go about with dirty ears, even if they may be "healthier", evolutionarily speaking! Just like all these perfumes and deodorants are probably damaging us in some way, but you cant go about smelling of BO, can you

we cant abandon all these until someone comes up with a cheap and viable alternative
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by midnighter(f): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
kcy:
Abg myear has been making noise almost 5 months now
Abg Any solutions

Is it a "ringing" sound?

Check "tinnitus"
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by oloriLFC(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
LadySarah:
Team fowl feather,click like
I love that thing die! One is in my purse now sef. *laughing so hard* cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Nothing feels better than using bic biro cover, matchstick to clean my ears. Always like i am cumming. So sweet a feeling. Thanks doctor but i love cleaning my ears myself.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by nepapole(m): 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Uyi168:
Lol..
Have u tried using quill feather before??
When it comes to sweetness, all the ones listed above dea learn!
I will try it some day. Many people are urging me to try it. That one go be cloud nine oooo. Chai!
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by tfelicityk(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
Doctors easily buried their mistakes
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by clemmonce(m): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
sulasa07:

Its what our grandparents,our parents have being doing and now you are telling us to stop.
maintaining the status quo syndrome. The most popular way is not always the right. With what you just said. I know your level of reasoning. Don't quote me again
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by clemmonce(m): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
Yusufyakub:

Chai!! Which other tiny whole can we use it to clean in our body o undecided
use to clean objects. Not body.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by pacespot(m): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
but that thing dey sweet to clean, I can even say it is addictive.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Excel70: 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
oloriLFC:
I love that thing die! One is in my purse now sef. *laughing so hard* cheesy cheesy cheesy
Happy birthday oloriLFC... YNWA allthe days of your life
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by code360: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
Who cares about self cleansing or not... The feeling i get is all that matters grin
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by freemanbubble: 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
BLUEJAYY:
Cool. I've always wondered how sex felt for women. I like this analogy. smiley

Yeah
They feel good when they are being banged

Ladies enjoy sex more than guys
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Originalsly: 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Reference:

Oga I disagree. I had ear wax removed as a kid when my mum noticed I wasn't hearing well. I tell you, it ranks up there amongst my childhood medical traumas alongside losing a finger nail, toe nail to soccer and dislocating my left knee in military training.

If you wish to know what waterboarding torture techniques feels like, it is ear wax removal with warm saline injection flush. Don't know whether it was how the doctor administerwd it but it nearly drove me nuts. No one has advised me to clean my ears since.
Lol... but since as a kid you never had it removed again..... did you since had any problem with your ears?.... because the wax was not removed? ...so we are in agreement.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Jeromejnr(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
sweerychick:
Yes everyone knows that I've seen it on YouTube bright side.. I think that's where he got the message from

A fellow bright side subscriber I see.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by poseidon12: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
sweerychick:
Yes everyone knows that I've seen it on YouTube bright side.. I think that's where he got the message from

Everyone knows that? Are you sure? I can read a lot of comments that are insisting on using ear buds in their ears. Some are even insulting the Doctor.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by poseidon12: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
LadySarah:

With all the accompanying bacteria?
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by blesoh(f): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
LadySarah:
I die here sist cheesy
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Godmademan(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
Jayslicky:
Doctors and their change of advice

If u take too much sugar it's a problem, if you don't take much it is problem

If u take too much salt it's a problem, if u Don't take much it is also a problem

If u sleep too much it is a problem, if u don't sleep much it's is also a problem.

The actual cause of most sicknesses is the mental state of a person, a troubled mind would always be prone to many sicknesses.

I personally enjoy the act of using cotton buds to clean my ears there is no greater feeling when you do that even orgasm doesn't come close to it.
When you are truly sick, you will look for the doctor impulsively...It is because you are well apparently you are able to talk about mental state.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by foster212: 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
This doctor needs a resounding slap. Self cleansing keh? Na in I dey remove dutty everytime I put cotton bud for my ear.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by oloriLFC(f): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
Excel70:

Happy birthday oloriLFC... YNWA allthe days of your life
A big amen! Thank you so much. Ynwa
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Chukalemon(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
I don't see anything wrong with that
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by bbode1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
I just wonder how this doctor ear go dirty ehn... He no go be small thing
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Albertone(m): 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
LadySarah:
So whenever you want to remove wax from your ear,you pluck the fowl's feather abi
Kukuma nakedd the fowl na
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by kcy(m): 1:09am On Apr 05, 2019
midnighter:

Is it a "ringing" sound?

Check "tinnitus"
yes it is tinnitus
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Godmademan(m): 5:13am On Apr 05, 2019
the cerumen(wax) is produced naturally to cleanse the ear. Cotton buds only absorb the fluid portion of the wax and leave the granules behind. overtime, these dry granules accumulate and plug the ear canal. At that point, you start having issues with hearing and attempt vigorous cleaning. Some rupture their eardrum in desperate attempt to remove the plug. Another danger is that some of the buds can detach from the stick and get stuck in the ear causing blockage of the canal.

There are special cleaners for the ear. Usually hook shaped so that it can go in to dig out the debris. In the absence of that, you can apply soapy water occassionally during bathing to remove excess wax. Soapy water dissolves the wax easily and it flows out freely.

If you have ever seen an ear plugged by wax, you will understand how useless the bud is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by 12345baba(m): 5:15am On Apr 05, 2019
So I should stop and miss those soothing feelings I experience abi?
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by mikaael(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2019
nepapole:
Nothing feels better than using bic biro cover, matchstick to clean my ears. Always like i am cumming. So sweet a feeling. Thanks doctor but i love cleaning my ears myself.

Chicken feathers sweet pass if u sabi use am
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by folake4u(f): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
Godmademan:
the cerumen(wax) is produced naturally to cleanse the ear. Cotton buds only absorb the fluid portion of the wax and leave the granules behind. overtime, these dry granules accumulate and plug the ear drum. At that point, you start having issues with hearing and attempt vigorous cleaning. Some rupture their eardrum in desperate attempt to remove the plug. Another danger is that some of the buds can detach from the stick and get stuck in the ear causing blockage of the canal.

There are special cleaners for the ear. Usually hook shaped so that it can go in to dig out the debris. In the absence of that, you can apply soapy water occassionally during bathing to remove excess wax. Soapy water dissolves the wax easily and it flows out freely.

If you have ever seen an ear plugged by wax, you will understand how useless the bud is.

Awon doctor! Oshayprapra!!! cool cheesy grin grin
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Godmademan(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
embarassed
folake4u:

Awon doctor! Oshayprapra!!! cool cheesy grin grin
english please...I don't understand yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) / Two Cases Of Ebola Confirmed In Port Harcourt / She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.