Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Do I Receive Payments Via Paypal And Access Money Here. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Receive Payments Via Paypal And Access Money Here. (719 Views)

Hello Guys, Has Anyone Received Payments Via Skrill And How Do I Go About It? / HELP! Can I Receive My Adsense Payment To Gtbank Savings Account / How To Receive Payments Via Credit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Receive Payments Via Paypal And Access Money Here. by Philosophia: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Good day everyone,

I recently decided to try doing some online jobs to make some income since I left paid employment. Most of the online jobs offered, require that I have a PayPal account for payment. I opened a PayPal account only to learn that they do not allow accounts opened in Nigeria to receive payments. sad

I reached out to a friend in the US to help me open an account and he asked how I would receive my money. I really don't know, I thought I could link either my dollar or Naira card to the account.

Please I require advice on how to receive payments via PayPal and how to access the money here in Nigeria. Please someone help out.

Thanks in anticipation. smiley
Re: How Do I Receive Payments Via Paypal And Access Money Here. by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Philosophia:
Good day everyone,

I recently decided to try doing some online jobs to make some income since I left paid employment. Most of the online jobs offered, require that I have a PayPal account for payment. I opened a PayPal account only to learn that they do not allow accounts opened in Nigeria to receive payments. sad

I reached out to a friend in the US to help me open an account and he asked how I would receive my money. I really don't know, I thought I could link either my dollar or Naira card to the account.

Please I require advice on how to receive payments via PayPal and how to access the money here in Nigeria. Please someone help out.

Thanks in anticipation. smiley
You're right, PayPal do not receive payment to Nigeria, this is due to the abuse of yahoo Boys in the past. If you have a friend in the US then you don't have an issue, as long as you trust your friend. Just let him open the PayPal account and receive the money for you then he can in turn send it to you via western union, moneygram, RIA, transferwise or worldremit.
Caution: some people will soon come on your topic, offering to sell a US PayPal account for you. Don't buy, it will eventually get blocked and you may have money in it when it does.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Receive Payments Via Paypal And Access Money Here. by Philosophia: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

You're right, PayPal do not receive payment to Nigeria, this is due to the abuse of yahoo Boys in the past. If you have a friend in the US then you don't have an issue, as long as you trust your friend. Just let him open the PayPal account and receive the money for you then he can in turn send it to you via western union, moneygram, RIA, transferwise or worldremit.
Caution: some people will soon come on your topic, offering to sell a US PayPal account for you. Don't buy, it will eventually get blocked and you may have money in it when it does.

Thank you for your advice.
I suspect that he doesn't want to go through the hassle of sending the money down to me continuously so I am looking for a way through which I can receive and access my money directly.

I was wondering, what if it is an American that is here in Nigeria for a while, can't he/she link a Nigerian bank account to the PayPal. I thought the issue was just with where the account is opened i.e the internet geo-location that shows on the account request.

Please I need more advice. Please Moderators, help a brother.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone That Can Create A Wordpress Blog For Me. i have gotten someone. / Software To Setup Website In Just One Click / Hub8:- Nigeria Cheapest Hosting Company With Free Domain And Free Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.