Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) (4815 Views)

Man Rapes Daughter In Ogun, Says ‘I Don’t Know What Came Over Me’ (Photo) / Actor Olumide Olajide Arrested For Defrauding Traders With Fake Bank Alerts / Olumide Ayeni's Corpse, Killed By Damilola Ayeni, His Wife In Lagos (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
This man whose photograph appeared saw my ad on Facebook and contacted me via Whatsapp that he wanted the shoes I displayed for sale on Facebook. Then, we agreed to meet on a said day at Victoria Island. He initially told me I would deliver at his residence at Banana Island, then later he changed the location to VI. On the day he asked I deliver, he said he was attending a meeting in Abuja and his flight would leave Lagos latest 9am. So, he asked I leave my place very early just so I can meet up with him before he leaves for Abuja. Because I needed to meet with him before 9am, I deprived myself of sleep, I was coming from IKOTUN. I hit the road very early that Wednesday morning to VI. I called to inform him I was approaching VI where he said his office was located, Bar Beach Towers. He then told me he had left his office to West Wood Hotel along Awolowo Way, Ikoyi. In minutes, I was with him at West Wood Hotel. Then, he asked to see the shoes; I showed them to him. He said the quality of the shoes was low, that they didn't befit his status. I felt bad because he said he wasn't going to buy. He asked I looked for quality ones for him, that I would deliver to his friend that lives around IKOTUN too.

From business, we delved into political discussion... this was the person that said his flight was Lagos for Abuja 9am. I checked the time, it was some minutes past 9am, and this man didn't make an attempt to leave for the airport. From political talks, he told me he had a property on Banana Island. That he's an investor with interest in properties. Because of who he told me he's and the location I met him, I didn't doubt him when he said he had a property on Banana Island. I didn't suspect him of any foul play. So, he asked what do I do aside from selling stuff online, I said nothing. He then asked if I would do a regular job if he got one for me. I answered YES! So, he said he's going to talk with a friend of his that works with Total to help fix me in the company. In my mind, I thought I had met a helper. We had talked for almost an hour since I arrived the hotel. He asked I send him my account details to send my money for delivery. Then, I bade him goodbye. I never sent him my details because he said he's going to help me get a job. I felt doing so would be a disservice. Funnily enough, I wasn't having a dime to take me back to IKOTUN from Ikoyi. I had to look for an ATM to get money.

On Friday morning, this man sent me a message on Whatsapp that I send my CV to his e-mail so he can send to his friend. He equally asked if I had got the shoes for him. I said I hadn't. Then, he asked me to come with the ones I brought to the hotel on Wednesday. He hurried me to leave to his place in the same fashion he had done the other time I met him. He first asked me to meet him at his office on Bar Beach Towers then later he said he was at Black Bell Restaurant along Adeola Odeku street. He was seated as though he had just finished eating. He said he wanted a pair; I gave him 2 pairs of shoes. I gifted him a pair because he had promised to get me a job.

However, I began to notice that he's not what he claimed to be when he told me of a phone dealer that sold him a refurbished iPhone (London Used). In my head, I asked why would a property owner at Banana Island buys a London Used phone. Doesn't he knows his way to Slot, Shoprite and other authentic stores that sell new phones? But, I soon told myself that, that could be his preference. From the restaurant, he went to see the man that sold him a refurbished IPhone. I paid our fare to the place! From there, we went to a Redeemed church where he claimed he worships (on Jide Oki street). I paid our fare again. His excuse for not coming out with his car was, he hates to drive during the day. At the church, he gave the shoes to the gate keeper. He asked that I send my details; I did. So, I was expecting him to do the needful by transferring my money. This man didn't. He asked me to go that he would do it later that day. Because I trusted him, I didn't protest. I left.

I waited for my money that day, it didn't come in. I messaged him, he said he tried to do it but the network wasn't allowing it to go through. He promised to do it the following day, Saturday. I waited, I didn't see it, I messaged him, he told the same story. Sunday, he said he couldn't do transfer that I should wait until Monday. At this point, I had confirmed my suspicion. I was dealing with a rogue, not a gentleman. Meanwhile, he's still dangling the job at Total before me. He told me he had seen the man that would help me get the job. But, at that point, I didn't want to give a hoot anymore. I told him I was no longer interested in the job and he should make plans to send my shoes to me. Monday, I reminded him of the need to send my shoes and they must be in the condition I gave them to him. When he noticed I wasn't falling for his gimmicks, he blocked me on Whatsapp. I sent him an SMS reiterating my decision to have my shoes back. Then, replied with a threatening message. Saying he would have me dealt with by soldiers. I didn't bother to reply him again. After some minutes, he called me. I ignored his first call. He called again, I took it. Then, he said he was sending a commercial bus driver to deliver the shoes to me. I said okay.

The driver handed me the shoes at Iyana Ipaja, and to my greatest consternation, he had ROCKED THE SHOES! The two of them. The message I sent him complaining about what I received was unresponded to.

I MUST GET HIM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by ictjobber: 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
Where exactly is the scam here?

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
He got my shoes, wore them and refused to buy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
He got my shoes, wore them and refused to buy. Isn't that a scam?
Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by dannybrasky(m): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
His fake watch and shirt gave him away! Banana island property wannabe grin . May he be paid in his own coin.

3 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:

He had rock the shoes I guess

Op get OVER it and wise up Next time okay..
Nah naija u dey

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
eelbay:

He had rock the shoes I guess

Op get OVER it and wise up Next time okay..
Nah naija u dey
I'll make sure I put his pictures everywhere. What he does is, he'll go to expensive restaurant/hotels to take visitors. He's not lodging nor eating/buying a thing. He's a CATFISH!

11 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
It's written all over him.
It's very easy to for me to spot these scammers how come some people can't

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by ictjobber: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
Buynownow:
He got my shoes, wore them and refused to buy. Isn't that a scam?

His intention wasn't to scam you bro ... Pray you never meet a real scammer

3 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Gulher: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
op sorry but i have to Lmao..
You mean this man went through so much stress just to wear shoes that he didn't want to pay for

8 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Neatb(m): 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
What is the scammers name

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by chidekings(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:

His intention wasn't to scam you bro ... Pray you never meet a real scammer
U nailed it.i may not know the man but with OP epistle,that man did not want to scam him..how do you scam someone for wearing a shoe for few days.

2 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by bomasek(m): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Baba,so as u pay him tfare,your mind no click say the man na scam?

5 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2019
Neatb:
What is the scammers name
His name is OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by emeraldknytt(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nawa for the comments in this thread oh. The purported scammer craftily coaxed OP into a non-payment business deal, una dey talk say no be scam. OP, the guy used the shoes for one event or two, he won't do anything about it and putting his pictures everywhere won't solve a thing. Forget Police, instead use the money to further your venture. That guy na full-blown scammer. Next time, don't mix business with pleasure or in this case, sentiment. Damn! You were even paying T-fare upandan!! grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Onlinealaba(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
I hate scammers with passion, I hate people that steal somebody sweat they are evil, sorry man I pray u get over ur loss and if ure opportune to get that bastard pls don't hesitate.. Is so painful seeing real hustlers get in hands of rogue

7 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
emeraldknytt:
Nawa for the comments in this thread oh. The purported scammer craftily coaxed OP into a non-payment business deal, una dey talk say no be scam. OP, the guy used the shoes for one event or two, he won't do anything about it and putting his pictures everywhere won't solve a thing. Forget Police, instead use the money to further your venture. That guy na full-blown scammer. Next time, don't mix business with pleasure or in this case, sentiment. Damn! You were even paying T-fare upandan!! grin grin
That's exactly my thought, bro. He hurriedly used my shoes for an event. He knew wasn't going to buy them from the start. The painful part of my experience is, I denied myself of sleep just So I can meet up with him early that money. He's nothing but a CRIMINAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by mimicue(f): 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sorry bro .
Seems you’re new in Lagos .
Don’t try this again . Alway do payment before delivery or payment on the spot . The guy scammed you big time to the extent you paid for his tfare . Can’t you see he looks broke in his picture . Can’t u spot someone’s packaging and size the person up.
, even if the person borrow cloth you go know anyway that’s a lesson for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by teepha: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2019
Sorry about that...hustlersquare will help you call him out on ig. I am sure the thief has been doing this since to people

2 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by OKEMKPI: 4:21am On Apr 05, 2019
ictjobber:

There is a part of English Language called "comprehension"
It is very clear u did not do pass thru it during ur school days.

Everybody is buying smart phone even when are not smart

2 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by tabithababy(f): 6:28am On Apr 05, 2019
Really

You were paying transport fare up and down cos you want a job in total

This guy looks very cheap, you are paying transport fare for someone that has property in banana island shocked. Hope it wasn't uber or taxify cheesy

Next time wise up

2 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 05, 2019
teepha:
Sorry about that...hustlersquare will help you call him out on ig. I am sure the thief has been doing this since to people
It'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 05, 2019
I told him I was going to make sure he doesn't get away with this despicable act. I'm almost certain I'm not the first to suffer in his hands. I wish this thread can be taken to the front page.

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Hedonisst: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Just look at how a full grown agbaya idiot is making a fool of himself in the name of scamming.

I'm sure 'rocking' the shoes wasn't the endgame. The endgame was probably to fleece you off some money in your desperation for the Total job, if you had been a sucker.

6 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Fhowe: 7:52am On Apr 05, 2019
they are all over the place now that is how one made away with a car he was pretending he wanted to buy he actually claimed he wanted to buy two cars at once and asked them to register the other car immediately (he paid for the plate number immediately ) the car he was targetting he made the dealer take the car to the car wash then suddenly another woman shows up claiming she wants to buy another car the car dealer hurriedly leaves the car wash to go attend to the new customer and that was it before the car dealer got back he was gone with the car ,but what surprises me the most the car was recovered like some days after he took the car to his area to show off he his now a car owner .His girlfriend was inside the car when the police recovered it he ran away ,till date i still wonder why he stole that car ? Why he had to pay 35k for the registration of the other car he did not have any intention of buying ?
Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by ictjobber: 7:53am On Apr 05, 2019
OKEMKPI:

There is a part of English Language called "comprehension" It is very clear u did not do pass thru it during ur school days.

Everybody is buying smart phone even when are not smart
Stop showcasing your ignorance to the world

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by faithfull18(f): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2019
Chai, as a business person you have to be several steps ahead, no sentiments in business ooo. We learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by bomasek(m): 8:20am On Apr 05, 2019
He no look like who get property for banana island sef,op u no get eyes?

2 Likes

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by femi4: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2019
Buynownow:
I'll make sure I put his pictures everywhere. What he does is, he'll go to expensive restaurant/hotels to take visitors. He's not lodging nor eating/buying a thing. He's a CATFISH!
you dense small sha, you just dey pay his tfare up and down. If na kidnapper, you would have been a gonna.

Going forward, use your brain and stop being desperate!
Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by Surefire1: 9:07am On Apr 05, 2019
scammer. cant you just be real? People like give this country a bad name. In a oriented society, you should be killed for being deceitful.
Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by lereinter(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2019
Are u new in online business./ e Commerce

How can you not have a courier person for your delivery

How can u leave your product with client without him paying

Worst

You started talking about getting you a job and falling for it

You need to be re-traiined

1 Like

Re: This Man, OLUMIDE OLUFUNSHO, SCAMMED Me (photo) by legendarygeo: 11:27am On Apr 05, 2019
This guy did not scam you ma!!
When you gave him the first set of shoes,he complained about the quality,you wanted to please him because of the job offer(in some cases,you decided to be "Father Christmas"; I am not saying this is bad,he did not pay you and he returned the shoes although in a used condition, could you please send the pictures of the shoes, I wouldn't mind if you have the pictures (before and after delivery).
You are very lucky,thank your stars.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

War Is Loading In Nigeria... Seriously.. Check This Breaking News / See The Face Of The Fraudster Who Scammed Nigerians Of N120 Billion / Alleged Exposed Gay Video Of Gabon Economy Minister, Is Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.