Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know (23251 Views)

Kalahari Red Goats Farming In Nigeria - All You Should Know Before Starting / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by GreatSuccess: 3:30am On Apr 07, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:
This is the most lucrative business in Benue state.....I know of a man that makes more that 9 million naira every year after expenses..
How?
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by PSTEMMA1960(m): 6:55am On Apr 07, 2019
GreatSuccess:

How?
Benue people eat pork meat more than any other meat, even during marriage pig is the required meat unlike goat or cow in other part of the country...

Come to Benue u 'll see a pig selling at 120k.......

Ask anyone u knows Benue state...their major business there is beer palor business..... And beer and pig meat are like Buhari and recession.....

If u go to the core north....pig is an abomination...... If u go to the easth they prefer goat meat....(I don't know about westh)

Summary Benue is the best destination for the business because of the high demand..... And to secure a land there is not too expensive...

Even my landlord then that had only 4 pigs in less than 2 years the pigs where close to 53...

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Speedpro: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2019
Rakiticbarca:
Got some landrace and largewhite for sale at an affordable price

I need contact of genuine sellers of large white and landrace 08138956240
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Speedpro: 8:57am On Apr 08, 2019
I nd genuine sellers of large white and landrace pure breed
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by bosunjohns(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
Cantonese:

Waste should have pits dug up for dumping. Sanitizing chemicals are to be applied to eliminate ordor. First thing every morning farm must be properly cleaned and washed.

Pigs eat blood meal just like other livestock. But you must ensure that bloodmeal is procured from a very good feed mill. PKC is equally very good for your pigs. What we call "cadbury waste" is very good for your pigs. Human food remains you must be very careful. Some apply back of some fruits but take care with back of pine apple. It causes mouth bleeding in pigs. Back of watermelon is very good.

Ensure that the Vet sees your pigs on their check up dates and keep records of injections and treatments. Yes pigs attack humans but not like dogs. They generally mind their businesses but you must take care not to try to hand feed. Do not handle them carelessly from the behind. One kick with the back leg can send you to Igbobi hospital. Pigs are generally peaceful animals.

Rearing fish very close to the river is highly risky. If there is overflooding in the river it can cause your fish to escape and that will be a loss. Earthen ponds for me are preferrable to concrete ponds but the pond is preferrable is swampy areas where the risk of overflooding is very low.

Hopefully your questions have been answered.
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by bosunjohns(m): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
PSTEMMA1960:
Benue people eat pork meat more than any other meat, even during marriage pig is the required meat unlike goat or cow in other part of the country...

Come to Benue u 'll see a pig selling at 120k.......

Ask anyone u knows Benue state...their major business there is beer palor business..... And beer and pig meat are like Buhari and recession.....

If u go to the core north....pig is an abomination...... If u go to the easth they prefer goat meat....(I don't know about westh)

Summary Benue is the best destination for the business because of the high demand..... And to secure a land there is not too expensive...

Even my landlord then that had only 4 pigs in less than 2 years the pigs where close to 53...
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Barthley: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2019
Cantonese:

Sounds very simple but in practice it is not so simple. Problem is our people want to hear how large or fat profits are from little investments.

Pig farming is quite lucrative but also quite tasking and requires good capital. As your pigs increase in size, you need more money to get them going, etc.

What about the risks? Not discussed by OP.pls do you know much bout Pig farming?
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Sologee2: 4:25pm On May 25, 2019
Pls which is more profitable fattening of pig or breeding. Pls drop ur advice
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Ivory45: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
Speedpro:
I nd genuine sellers of large white and landrace pure breed
Do u still need it? If Yes whats your location ? Am in Imo
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Prime225: 3:39am On Jun 14, 2019
Donnay feed additive now available it bost both the health and weight of you pigs. call us on 08034216654
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by omoharry(f): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
How much can i get a pig pen for rent?
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by maryikpaha: 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
Pls I will like to ask some questions

1. Like how many pigs can one rare on a plot of land

2. which one is more profitable fattening of pig or breeding. Pls drop ur advice

3. The renting of pen is it monthly or yearly.

Thanks
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Jimmyld231: 11:25pm On May 21, 2020
Rakiticbarca:
Got some landrace and largewhite for sale at an affordable price
How much you they sell land race( waners )
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by Henryimoter(m): 7:33am On Jun 29, 2020
For soyabeans call 07069670428
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by joeyreports: 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria – All The Secrets You Need To Know by anucha20natasha: 7:18am On Aug 06, 2020
Hello good day. I am Natasha. There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20ANU500
It's all free. It's for everyone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Become Multimillionaire By Invest Your Money On Poultry Farming / Get Drip Irrigation/rain Guns For Your Farmland / Home Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.