Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa (1147 Views)

‘Nigerians can now travel across 160 countries without visas’ / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by LegendVibes: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2019
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government is delivering on its promises of ensuring a stress-free travel for Ghanaians.

Aside reducing the processing times in acquiring passports, findings by Igbere TV showed that the government has increased the validity of Ghanaian passports from 5 to 10 years.

Igbere TV reports that the NPP is Ghana's ruling party. Since the democratization of Ghana in 1992, it has been one of the two dominant parties in Ghana politics. John Kufuor of the NPP was President of Ghana from 2001 to 2009.

Today, Foreign Minister Shirley Botchwey has signed a visa-free travel policy with the United States on behalf of all Ghanaians.

In this new policy, Botchwey told Igbere TV that holders of Ghanaian passports without any criminal records are now entitled to visit the United States without visas for a period of 30 days.

Collaborating Botchwey’s claim, the Satirist Attachee at the Embassy, Dr. Baffour Gyawu told journalists that the only document needed to board a plane to the US is a valid passport and Police clearance certificate.

“Traffic offences are considered criminal”, Gyawu told Igbere TV Friday morning.

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/606859/breaking-united-states-now-offers-visa-free-policy-to-visitors-see-details/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by PetroDollax: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nigerians and their obsession with Ghana,huh? I believe this is perhaps an April Fool gimmick. But do nigerians spend all their time looking for Ghana-related news to paste on nairaland? I am just curious because isn’t this supposed to be a Nigerian forum? Na wao, na real wa!

LegendVibes:
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) government is delivering on its promises of ensuring a stress-free travel for Ghanaians.

Aside reducing the processing times in acquiring passports, findings by Igbere TV showed that the government has increased the validity of Ghanaian passports from 5 to 10 years.

Igbere TV reports that the NPP is Ghana's ruling party. Since the democratization of Ghana in 1992, it has been one of the two dominant parties in Ghana politics. John Kufuor of the NPP was President of Ghana from 2001 to 2009.

Today, Foreign Minister Shirley Botchwey has signed a visa-free travel policy with the United States on behalf of all Ghanaians.

In this new policy, Botchwey told Igbere TV that holders of Ghanaian passports without any criminal records are now entitled to visit the United States without visas for a period of 30 days.

Collaborating Botchwey’s claim, the Satirist Attachee at the Embassy, Dr. Baffour Gyawu told journalists that the only document needed to board a plane to the US is a valid passport and Police clearance certificate.

“Traffic offences are considered criminal”, Gyawu told Igbere TV Friday morning.

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/606859/breaking-united-states-now-offers-visa-free-policy-to-visitors-see-details/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by NothingDoMe: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
Same Ghana that has refused to accept deported Ghanaians from the United States?

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by PetroDollax: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
Na wao. The same Ghana that refused to accept deported Ghanaians from the United States? Gbam, you just talk typical trash. Let m3 educate you. Ghana did not refuse to accept deported Ghanaians from the US. What the Ghana government said was these individuals did not have travel documents, or indeed any proof they were Ghanaian citizens. We have lots of Nigerians using Ghana passports today. What the government said to the American government was that give us time to interrogate each so-called Ghanaian before we issue them travel documents to travel to Ghana. The Ghana government made it clear it will not accept anyone whose citizenship it cannot vouch for. You should praise th3 Ghana government for standing up to the Americans and insisting on following laid down procedures.

I hope I have put some sense into your head,huh?

NothingDoMe:
Same Ghana that has refused to accept deported Ghanaians from the United States?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
Is it true this News?
Re: You Can Now Travel To The United States Without A Visa by NothingDoMe: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2019
PetroDollax:
Na wao. The same Ghana that refused to accept deported Ghanaians from the United States? Gbam, you just talk typical trash. Let m3 educate you. Ghana did not refuse to accept deported Ghanaians from the US. What the Ghana government said was these individuals did not have travel documents, or indeed any proof they were Ghanaian citizens. We have lots of Nigerians using Ghana passports today. What the government said to the American government was that give us time to interrogate each so-called Ghanaian before we issue them travel documents to travel to Ghana. The Ghana government made it clear it will not accept anyone whose citizenship it cannot vouch for. You should praise th3 Ghana government for standing up to the Americans and insisting on following laid down procedures.

I hope I have put some sense into your head,huh?

I was addressing this fake news because as at February this year, the US has placed visa restrictions due to hindrance encountered in the deportation process.

I don't think you should take your frustrations out on me. Afterall your government refused to co-operate with the United States and they are sorting you guys out. Sorry.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/01/africa/us-visa-sanction-ghana-intl/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/us-imposes-visa-restrictions-on-ghana-over-refusal-to-take-deportees/amp/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What I Observed On A Flight Yesterday / HELP Sending Personal Items From Germany To Nigeria. / How Much Does Vgc Comms Internet Service Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.